Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

United States
United States
Just like in Gran Turismo 2, I'm looking for hidden things but in Gran Turismo 1. I'm searching for stuff like hidden tracks, cars, anything. You can use Demos versions of GT1 too. I'm asking if anyone wants to help out. All I know so far is the E.N.D. bumpy circle track.

Good luck. I know HACKr and Sucahyo and some people like that resorted to using devices to get into the game's coding to find hidden stuff. I don't have any such device, but to anybody out there who does: I'd like to know why there's a difference between lowering a car in GT and lowering the same car in GT2. Same goes for dampers.

In other words, if you lower a car too far and I think raise its dampers high in GT, it'll start losing speed (especially over bumps) and I've always assumed this is because PD either programmed the tires to rub into the car's fenderwells, or the bottom of the car is supposed to be scraping, or suspension travel is so limited that the car's tires are now losing contact with the road. In GT2, none of this happens. There's rarely any effect on speed for any of this.

In my opinion, PD scrapped these effects either because they didn't have enough time to put them into GT2, or for whatever reason this stuff was too difficult to implement for 700+ cars that are in this game.

Good luck, as I said.

There's another version of one of the autumn ring tracks that gives your car ridiculous amounts of car shine, i'll dig up a shot soon.

It's most likely a reflection test stage.

Here's the track I mentioned.

rogo-test.png

It's named "rogo-test".

Last edited:
That's a good find Xenn. I heard somewhere that there is a hidden track at Trial Mountain that happens to have a circular layout. Can you search for that?

The walls in the right of the image look like the ones at Trial Mountain though...

The walls in the right of the image look like the ones at Trial Mountain though...

As I remeber it, it was inside of Trial Mountain, with those walls and the like. Even had the map if my memory serves correctly.

I just found a video with this track including the Trial Mountain map.

In an addition, why are the cars in a dark yellow contrast? Is it the track or just a code the person used in this video?

I would speculate that it is the track itself, with its orange sky.

But even in the pre-race menu in the beginning of the video, the car has about the same amount of contrast as on the track. The tires are pitch brown in the menu.

I just found a video with this track including the Trial Mountain map.

In an addition, why are the cars in a dark yellow contrast? Is it the track or just a code the person used in this video?

I assume the map is Trial Mountain, either because the game thinks Trial Mountain is still being loaded (Uploader choosing Trial Mountain), or it's how the US version loads the track as it is. I'll have to look into this.

Xenn's track is seemingly an early/undeveloped version of Autumn Ring Mini? To my eyes anyway.

Well, the video with the C2 is just a circular track, which made me immediately think that it's a precursor to one of the unusable licence test tracks in GT2; the one with the white Impreza and the Viper.

p.s. I don't remember the Legacy Saloon being an AI car in GT1. Could be my brain playing tricks on me, but I thought it was always the GT-B estate?

Last edited:
It looks like "END" seems to be a bit of a test of bumps and minor elevation changes to see if the suspensions act correctly when they were making cars. That's what it looks like to me. It's probably something else entirely though.

It might have been possible that it was going to be used for a credits sequence at some point, hence the name "END".

That circle track is interesting...but how exactly do you access it? The video showed the 67 Stingray, so Arcade only? I'm itching to try this. lol

That circle track is interesting...but how exactly do you access it? The video showed the 67 Stingray, so Arcade only? I'm itching to try this. lol

I think its both modes. If you look at the picture Xenn made, the track map shows Test Course. Test Course isn't in Arcade Mode. The player in the video is using Arcade Mode so obviously, it's in Arcade Mode too

Last edited:
I think its both modes. If you look at the picture Xenn made, the track map shows Test Course. Test Course isn't in Arcade Mode. The player in the video is using Arcade Mode so obviously, it's in Arcade Mode too

This thread is growing fast, and thanks to all that are participating .

Last edited:

As far as I know, you can access this anywhere, as long as you're in the race menu, etc.

I'll make a code soon so people can race on this course.

Back