Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

Wait...wut

Where did I say something bad? O.o

You meant to say "gay". Using it in a way that you used it, is not acceptable. So is incorrect spelling and grammar. Especially "O.o" and other pathetic texting expressions. Use the :gtplanet: emoticons instead, please.

I remember being able to drive a car that had a 3D Gran Turismo logo, but never saw that.

Found this next to the Tire wear graphics.

FuelBoost.png

Looks like GT1 could've been the first Gran Turismo to have fuel and boost gauges at the same time.

Last edited:

FuelBoost.jpg

Looks like GT1 could've been the first Gran Turismo to have fuel and boost gauges at the same time.

How exactly are you taking these screenshots?

FuelBoost.jpg

But they waited seven years later to include both of these features in Gran Turismo 4. Good find! 👍

How exactly are you taking these screenshots?

It's rather complicated, but i'm most likely not able to explain due to it being emulation related.

But they waited seven years later to include both of these features in Gran Turismo 4. Good find! 👍

Indeed, they could've added them here, but instead waited for some reason.

RacingModel.png

These tags may have appeared depending on your car.

Racing Model: Giving your car a Racing Modification.
Racing Special: Perhaps the special models in some of the manufacturers.
Special: Not really sure, same as above?

Last edited:
Interesting find. Perhaps 'Special' are for tuned cars like the A-Spec RX-7 & Demio or the TRD3000GT.

After entering arcade mode, I noticed "Racing Special" appears again. It could have been possible that racing cars would've appeared in arcade mode.

Reminds me of the Impreza racing car that was one of the available cars in one of the demos on a demo disk I had.

I wondered why a boost gauge was nevered added to GT1. But by exhaust alone, the turbo cars had a different "hum" than N/A cars.

GT2 had that tiny crude boost gauge, and that obnoxious BOV for all boosted cars. lol

This thread is growing fast, and thanks to all that are participating .

FuelBoost.jpg

Holy ****. IT would make sense too; PD really trying early-on to live up to their claim as Ultimate Driving Simulator.

If I'm right, doesn't the manual mention boost? Page 48 in U.S. manual.

Yes, it's on page 48 of the GT booklet. The first GT had a boost dial. Like, you can vary how much boost the turbo is making by dialing it up and down. That's what the info on 48 is talking about. Perhaps the graphic Xenn found was supposed to somehow correspond to the feature in the game.

Off-topic, HOLY **** I forgot how detailed this little booklet is! Actually there's two booklets: the user guide and the Reference manual. :D They go on and on about driving techniques, tire grip vs. slip, drifting, every single part is discussed in detail, every single race is listed on a chart. There's even a Q and A section!

In comparison, my copy of GT4's booklet has some pertinent info on how to actually play the game, yet the booklet itself is roughly half credits for PD's team and advertizements for GT paraphernalia. :lol:

GT5's booklet is a joke! It's got ads for stuff that has nothing to do with GT at all, like an ad for Little Big Planet. It barely scratches the surface on how to play the game, and doesn't provide any detailed info like GT1's booklet at all. I can assume that this is because most of the info for this game is online and in-game nowadays, but there's still a lot of stuff addressed in GT1's booklets that isn't even mentioned in GT5's guides.

...plus, there's just something about having the physical copy proper game booklets after all this time.

Anyways, soory guys. Getting nostaligic

/off-topic

Last edited:
Whoa, this thread is certainly growing fast. I like.

So, umm, Xenn, are you extracting some of these graphics from the .DAT files? Do you have any pointers on extracting things from them?

Whoa, this thread is certainly growing fast. I like.

So, umm, Xenn, are you extracting some of these graphics from the .DAT files? Do you have any pointers on extracting things from them?

I'll PM you what I did to get these graphics.

FuelBoost.jpg

those gauges looks very dissimilar compared to other used in GT1. Tyre gauge especially looks amateurish apart from these 2 images.

keep up with digging ! GT1 might hiding big secrets :)

On the Supra texture again, right?

Anyway, found this, never seen this button used. Does the Japanese say the same thing as the English?
already2.png

Last edited:

Anyway, found this, never seen this button used. Does the Japanese say the same thing as the English?
already2.png

Yep, it's the Supra texture again.

And that's odd, not sure where the "Already" button would've been placed. I do have a feeling the japanese button says the same thing.

already2.png

From what I can gather, the Japanese button doesn't say 'Already'.

Back