Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

Sweet Odin, it's amazing what PD had locked away in GT1's coding. Xenn, you mind PM'ing me details about where you get your info from?

The Viper GTS texture also says "POLYS" on it. It looks like it would say "Entertainment" below it but it's too small to actually make out the letters anyway, even if you were all zoomed in.
viperpolys.png

Also does anyone know if this texture is somewhere on SSR11?
sos.png

Their were 3 un-used music tracks in the game that may have been for 3 un-used car makers.

One of them lets just called it no name 1 has a kind of TRD feel to it and no name 3 has a Nismo feel to it

Their were 3 un-used music tracks in the game that may have been for 3 un-used car makers.

One of them lets just called it no name 1 has a kind of TRD feel to it and no name 3 has a Nismo feel to it

Can you share these with us?

Unknown Track 1

Unknown Track 2

Unknown Track 3

They were all featured in the Gran Turismo Soundtrack for some reason.

Very interesting find! For what it's worth, I think they sound like;

Track 1 - Alternative to post-race summary
Track 2 - Alternative to track selection in arcade mode or event selection in GT Mode
Track 3 - Dealing with something like the replay theatre, or some sort of memory card based screen

Unknown Track 1

Unknown Track 2

Unknown Track 3

They were all featured in the Gran Turismo Soundtrack for some reason.

Interesting tracks, they sound like CD audio and not sequenced music.

I'll see if there's possibly any more of them.

No wonder those three tracks were not used in the game. They're not as good as the versions used in the game. :sly:

The Viper GTS texture also says "POLYS" on it. It looks like it would say "Entertainment" below it but it's too small to actually make out the letters anyway, even if you were all zoomed in.
viperpolys.png

Also does anyone know if this texture is somewhere on SSR11?
sos.png

Cool! More POLYS stuff, anyway phone texture is in SSR11 but it's yellow. It is also in SSR5, again in yellow.

On the Supra texture again, right?

Anyway, found this, never seen this button used. Does the Japanese say the same thing as the English?
already2.png

I'm told the Japanese button says something that would translate to "Produced."

Music №1 - some kind of remixed Mitsubishi music.
Music №2 - some kind of remixed music from arcade menu.
Music №3 - dunno yet, but I have dejavu feeling about it...

I'm told the Japanese button says something that would translate to "Produced."

Which could lead to the suggestion that it means 'purchase' instead of 'buy'. Or 'already purchased' instead of 'already bought', if you factor in the english alongside it.

But I don't know my Kanto from my Makankasappo when it comes to Japanese so it's a speculative guess.

When I tried rogo-test it appeared to be Autumn Ring Mini with lighting parameters changed, perhaps to test shading and the effect of "dirt" on cars.

IIRC, the pits were open, but your car went sideways if you tried to go into the pit.

When I tried rogo-test it appeared to be Autumn Ring Mini with lighting parameters changed, perhaps to test shading and the effect of "dirt" on cars.

IIRC, the pits were open, but your car went sideways if you tried to go into the pit.
Sounds interesting. May I ask, is a video possible? Or some screenshots?

EDIT: - You knew someone was going to ask. :lol:

Last edited:
I'll chip in with the consensus and say that 82 posts and 5 pages in 4 days for a game as 'small' and technically limited as GT1 is good going.

Keep it up, community.

I'll chip in with the consensus and say that 82 posts and 5 pages in 4 days for a game as 'small' and technically limited as GT1 is good going.

Keep it up, community.

That reminds me, I need to get a new copy of GT1.

To EB Games!

I knew about rogo-test when I read Sportwagon's race journals and stuff on his GT2toXS site.

Last edited:

I just tried going into the pits, but the car controlled like normal. It might be just the NTSC version that does it, i'm not entirely sure.

Edit:

A video for those who are curious.

Last edited:
Me too. It's funny how nobody thought to make a GT1 version years ago when HACKr started the GT2 thread.

I started the GT2 thread because of all the rumours and hints within the game itself. I didn't go for GT1 because all I knew at the time was the circle 'END' track and that's about it. GT1 wasn't partially unfinished int he same way GT2 was.

BTW, I heard about "rogo test" too, but... I also heard that one of the guys found it by mistake: the last hex numer was wrong. Sadly I can't remember what opens original code and where is video (YouTube is too large). :\

Found this next to the Tire wear graphics.

FuelBoost.jpg

Looks like GT1 could've been the first Gran Turismo to have fuel and boost gauges at the same time.

If these were real, GT1 would be... awesome. :D

RacingModel.jpg

These tags may have appeared depending on your car.

Racing Model: Giving your car a Racing Modification.
Racing Special: Perhaps the special models in some of the manufacturers.
Special: Not really sure, same as above?

These tags looks like it was designed for Arcade Mode, IMO. ;)

Back