Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Suzuka Circuit/Weather Change
  • Car: Lotus Elise '96 Race Modified (from Premium Garage)
  • Tires: Racing Intermediate (required for quali and race start) / Racing Rain / Racing Hard
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional
  • Example Tunes: TBD

Time / Weather Settings (subject to change base on testing)

• Time: N/A
  • Time Progression: N/A
  • Weather: 100%
  • Weather Changeability: 10
  • Surface Water: 40%
Notes: We will reset weather and start each segment (practice, qualification, race) with the above weather settings and let the random weather do what it will from there. During pre-race practice if the track dries too much (<20% surface water) we will reset the weather settings back to 40% so we can practice wet weather driving.

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Single Stint Pre-Race Qualifying - 12 minutes
  • Tires: Must Qualify on Racing Intermediate
  • Pit Stops: Pits are Closed for Qualification
  • Note: At 12 minutes on the race timer you must stop and park on track. Do not begin a lap after the 10 minute mark because you will not be able to finish it. If you are past pit road entry at 12 minutes you'll be allowed to finish the lap and then must stop. Do not enter the pits and do not exit to the lobby. A steward will exit to lobby and record all fastest laps. The steward will then reset the track (and weather). After track reset all drivers must ensure they have selected Racing Intermediate tires which will be used at the start of the race. They should then enter the pits and drive on track and park in order at end of front straight and the countdown timer will be started. Stay parked and do not move until you are place on the grid.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 20
  • Start Type: Grid Start (Staged Track Entry and Start Timer)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Pit Stops: You must make at least one pit stop between laps 5 and 15. (enter pits by the end of lap 15). You can make additional pits at any time.

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Premium Garage)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 207 hp (Stock Car with Oil Change = 201 HP)
  • Weight: 645 kg
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unresetricted
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

SuzukaCircuit_14-sses-800.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field over 12 drivers we will split the grid into two fields.
Split determined by TBD.

event22_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 24 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

SuzukaCircuit_5-hairpin-800.jpg

Last edited:
You do a great job editing those pictures to put WRS and gtplanet somewhere in them 👍

Agreed! Marc is a master at tomfoolery. :lol:

I was afraid of this combo, especially online, but after last night's practice after the Evo race, I'm really looking forward to it, especially with all the unknowns regarding weather. 👍

From last week's thread:

My old Elise '96 RM 168 bhp / Turbo (online) dry/medium rain setup: (without adjustable LSD)

DF 20/50

Transmission

First set the Final gear to 2.500 and then move max speed to 420 km/h / all the way to right.
And then set gears as follows:
F3.988 (this is the gear setup I find easyest to use in rain conditions)

Gears from my offline setup (which I used in the EU race)
F3.500 max 180 km/h (all the way to left)
2.400 2.475
1.975 1.950
1.660 1.650
F2.500

Also testing LSD settings 5/50/30

Suspension
5/7
15.0/15.0
4/8
3/1
7/1 6/1

1.9/1.5
0.15/-0.12

brakes 7/3 ABS 3

Racing Hard Tyres up to 20% wet , 20-70 Intermeds , above 70 Rain

MadMax

Last edited:
^^ Pekka, I like this setup in the rain. I like your rain transmissions (F3.988) because you can use 4th gear through the s-curves if it's dry/fast and use 3rd when it's more wet, slower and more treacherous... at least that's what I found last night. I think I moved final gear down a little (3.925) for my driving style (slow).

I'd say your tire rule of thumb is pretty close. You can still drive intermediates in full 100% surface water, but it's slower than Racing Rain tires by about 5-6 seconds per lap, plus more change for off track adventures.

I can tell with the testing we've done there is really no way to know what we're going to get without variability=0. In fact I'm going to recommend a 10 variability because if it's going to change hopefully it'll change twice during the race.

Look for the weather setting to change between now and the race as we figure out how it works and what we want. consider the current values 'tentative' at best.

EDIT: By the way, I ran this combo starting at the values above (10 variability) and it got sunny fast so I figured I'd give it some time to get back to rain. Well I ended up getting down to Racing Hard tires and this car/track is actually really fun in dry conditions. Still the Elise-loose drive and since you are going to be setting up the car for rain it is challenging and fun in the dry. It's actually fun as the track is drying to keep setting personal best laps and seeing how fast you can go (and how slow you were going in the wet). Finally after a bunch of laps and the surface water drying up to 0% the rain returned, but it was slow getting wet and never made it back to intermediate tire range before my stint was over. Moral of the story is we'll set the values and GT5 will determine how much we race in rain and if we ever see dry weather tires or 100% surface water. Be prepared for anything. The EU and NA races will likely be completely different animals just given the random nature of weather in GT5 so I look forward to both.

Last edited:
Signed up for EU. This is going to be great fun I reckon. I like the weather change possibility factor :cheers:

Signed up as a reserve, need to get some time to run the WRS event first. Looks good fun with the weather changing

Signed up as a reserve, need to get some time to run the WRS event first. Looks good fun with the weather changing

For this event I have a hard time correlating anything I do in the offline time trial with the online event. The physics of "grip reduction = real" just make a world of difference, plus the fact that online has less grip usually.

Normally there is about 1 sec per lap, maybe 1.25 on a 2 minute lap like Suzuka difference between offline and online. Here with 100% surface water the difference is closer to 8-9 seconds. Yes, that's right, 8-9 seconds!!!

Now even at 50% surface water with racing intermediate tires I can't run the same times I run offline at 100% surface water with racing rain tires.

Just saying it's a different animal and a lot more difficult online. Not to mention the normal fact that you can push to the limit offline and a mistake just means you blow one lap and hit restart, whereas online one mistake hurts. It hurts even more when you try and get back on track and it takes 20 seconds before you can stay on the track again.

It will be fun, but very tricky... Or it will be fun and dry / fast depending on what mother GT5 nature throws at us for weather.

Thanks for the pic comments guys :)
They are actually becoming a good bit of fun to come up with.
The Stig will most likely be somewhere watching us every week. He's been in the pic's since Jan 11 - Lotus at AR, but he missed out on Running with the Night because he is terrified of Owls and never goes out after dark.
I must admit, it's the attempts at hiding changes in really obvious places that makes it more fun. Like in Pic 3 this week :sly:

I've been noticing the Hockey Canada logo, too. Especially subtle last week!

I've been noticing the Hockey Canada logo, too. Especially subtle last week!

I don't know what you're talking aboot.
They love Hockey in Japan (and Canada too- can't blame them). That logo must have been there all along :sly:

I'm going to close down registration unless we see a stars and stripes in those images pretty soon. Here's what I've got to say about canadian hockey:
f6b29f44.gif
. (Stole that one from hyper-dan).

Those Canadians invade UMaine and none of us native 'Mainiacs' can ever make our own hockey team. In fact most of the team speaks French! I'll settle for a UMaine logo pasted onto my car as a sponsor. :sly:

logo.png

I'm going to close down registration unless we see a stars and stripes in those images pretty soon. Here's what I've got to say about canadian hockey:
f6b29f44.gif
. (Stole that one from hyper-dan).

Those Canadians invade UMaine and none of us native 'Mainiacs' can ever make our own hockey team. In fact most of the team speaks French! I'll settle for a UMaine logo pasted onto my car as a sponsor. :sly:

logo.png

That's because you pay us to play there ;)
I played for U of T for a bit, and they didn't even give me a subway token :(

Speaking of hockey, there's one flag I haven't seen yet! :sly:
It pops up very in a very, very subtle manner from time to time.
Sometimes, it's not so subtle:
ARealCanadianRaceCar-GoHabsGo.jpg

:sly:

That's because you pay us to play there ;)

We pay you to play for a university team? Thought that was illegal? At least unless you play football for USC or Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
We pay you to play for a university team? Thought that was illegal? At least unless you play football for USC or Miami.

Hockey scholarships in the US are GOLD to Canadian players.
In Canada there are no Sports scholarships.

Unfortunately the scholarships weren't really there when I was 20, and I probably wouldn't have made it anyway.
A lot of NHL players come from US colleges now, but almost zero from Canadian Universities.

Just saying it's a different animal and a lot more difficult online. Not to mention the normal fact that you can push to the limit offline and a mistake just means you blow one lap and hit restart, whereas online one mistake hurts. It hurts even more when you try and get back on track and it takes 20 seconds before you can stay on the track again.

It will be fun, but very tricky... Or it will be fun and dry / fast depending on what mother GT5 nature throws at us for weather.

I understand its a lot diffrent online ill enjoy the challenge of just trying to stay on the track for the entire race and I will have to get quite a bit of practice at it. Looking forward to it, so I changed it to definatly.

I had a quick go offline and enjoyed it but dont think I will get enough time to submit a time this week, I only submit after a couple of hours at it.

I understand its a lot diffrent online ill enjoy the challenge of just trying to stay on the track for the entire race and I will have to get quite a bit of practice at it. Looking forward to it, so I changed it to definately.

Me too (the bolded part)! If I do keep it on track for 20 straight laps it will be the first time. :lol: In testing when the water level got very high I spun more often than not so I think keeping it clean for 20 laps will go a long way to a good result.

My only hope for weather is that it cooperates 'a little'. Just hoping it doesn't get sunny after one lap and end with surface water < 10% for most of the race OR it doesn't just rains steadily for all laps and we end up with 100% surface water for 15 of the 20 laps. Both of these outcomes occurred during various tests so I won't be surprised, and as I said above we'll just take what the system gives and go with it.

We're requiring a pit stop because otherwise it may makes sense to just stay on those racing intermediates. The pit window is pretty flexible so you can "save" your pit stop until the weather really decides what it wants to do and then make your decision. Switching early from intermediates to full wets (or dry tires) may help you quite a bit if the weather keeps on it's trend or cost you big time if there is a sudden switch. Good random fun.

Only things I can say for certain is (i) you don't want to be on Racing Hards with too much surface water as you won't be able to stay on track and (ii) you don't want to be on full rain tires if the track dries to much or you'll wear them out in 3 laps.

Racing Intermediates are a good "insurance" tire and will work with the entire spectrum of weather... they are slower at high water levels vs Racing Rain and wear a lot faster vs Racing Hards in the drier conditions. So sticking with Intermediates throughout could be the safe strategy, but not necessarily optimal if someone who switched compounds "guesses" correctly.

Thank you Marc!!! :cheers:

My wife is big hockey fan, too. She's Buffalo all the way! She cooked at a private school where hockey was a primary sport, and I'll come home from work to catch her watching college hockey! :) And we do cheer for Maine, Tim!! 👍

As far as the race, since a pit is mandatory, my plan is to pit between lap 12-15. I'm going to wait as long as I can. If I fall more than a half-lap behind the leader, then I might try an early pit to get it out of the way.

Especially if the track dries out early. Then I might do two pits. The first pit would have to get hards, though, so then when the rain comes back I'm running with the lead pack. But that strategy requires both luck with the weather and driving without any incidences.

No strategy will compensate for my current lack of speed. :ouch: I love running laps, they're just slow right now. Jumping back and forth between this and the Alfa doesn't help, either. Plus I can't stop fiddling around with my pedals! :dopey:

Speaking of pedals, I haven't forgotten about getting you some pictures, Marc. I will make that a priority tomorrow because I need Kenny here to post them. I know you get the basic idea, though. Put foam under pedal. That's it. :)

GO HABS GO!!!
bustedcop.gif

:gtpflag:

Speaking of pedals, I haven't forgotten about getting you some pictures, Marc. I will make that a priority tomorrow because I need Kenny here to post them. I know you get the basic idea, though. Put foam under pedal. That's it. :)

GO HABS GO!!!
bustedcop.gif

:gtpflag:

:lol:
I have some time to experiment with my pedals today, so I'll see what I can come up with. I have some decent foam -it's standard, not premium-, but I think it will work fine.

NA race looks pretty light participation-wise. I guess everyone is afraid of weather with the mild winter we are having here in North America. Time to do some recruiting and at least get an 8 car field. This is one I'm really looking forward to. Lucas -- you sure you can't make it next week. :sly:

I don't yet know if I can make it, still waiting to find out. Last night after an hour I decided I won't be submitting a WRS lap, but if I'm free I'll make the race. Hope to know more in the next few days.

Back