GTP WRS-Online : Event 22 : Rain Dance - Feb 8/11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 132 comments
Yup, count me in on the NA race. 👍

I'll probably check in on the EU race to see if there's a lot of cancellations. But if there's 10-12 people, I'll sit out.

chukabilly
Yup, count me in on the NA race. 👍

I'll probably check in on the EU race to see if there's a lot of cancellations. But if there's 10-12 people, I'll sit out.

Then sign up as a reserve for EU as that's what that option is for. We can easily run 12 so don't sit out for sure if we are less. 16 are always welcome for pre race practice too. Suzuka is a big track and it's good to have company out there.

"Company out there"
biglaugh.gif

Even with my foam pedals, you are so far ahead right now that I've instructed my crew to put a beer tap in the pits, as there is no point waiting for me to finish before partying with the winners!! 👍👍:lol:

But yes sir, I will immediately amend my registration.

Hey Chuk, I'm going to wander over to your pits, and totally steal some beer. Pretty sure it won't make me drive any worse, since I'm over 1sec behind you, at the moment. :D

Feel Free!! I've also invited the Grid Girls over 21 to stop by.
cheerleader.gif

Just because I don't expect to win the race doesn't mean I won't enjoy it!! :D

Go Jets Go!
jets-logo-2011.jpg

I will sign up as a maybe for N/A race later today.

Al

Last edited:
Go Jets Go!
jets-logo-2011.jpg

I will sign up as a maybe for N/A race later today.

Al

Translation of Post:

"I really have nothing of value to post, so I'm going to shamelessly promote my (Shiny New, and admittedly quite awesome) Hockey team in a thread usually reserved for the promotion of all things Canadien, as hockey goes.

Al"

sport02.gif

Game on 👍

Translation of Post:

"I really have nothing of value to post, so I'm going to shamelessly promote my (Shiny New, and admittedly quite awesome) Hockey team in a thread usually reserved for the promotion of all things Canadien, as hockey goes.

Al"

sport02.gif

Game on 👍

LMAO!!!
t147766404_89051_3.gif

Translation of Post:

Al"

sport02.gif

Game on 👍

LMAO! I am hoping they come back and beat your beloved Habs this afternoon!

LMAO! I am hoping they come back and beat your beloved Habs this afternoon!

They didn't :D
And you totally inspired me to change my Avatar for the day (or 2) :lol:
Thanks Al!

They didn't :D
And you totally inspired me to change my Avatar for the day (or 2) :lol:
Thanks Al!

LMAO! You are welcome! It is a very hard loss to take, losing to the last place team in the conference!

LMAO! You are welcome! It is a very hard loss to take, losing to the last place team in the conference!

No. 15 with a bullet :D
I had to hold off changing my Avatar until the game actually ended. Didn't want to jinx the shutout so I added the '0' at the buzzer :lol:
Oh well, I guess sports are done for the day.... nothing on tonight that I recall. GT5 time 👍

Hey Chuk I just realized you stole my #33! What's it mean to you? Give me a good story or I'll ask you to change it. :sly:

#33 was my football jersey number (football americano for the soccer hooligans). High school RB with college aspirations until a torn right ACL and cartilage damage ended my "career" as a senior. (The operations those days were scarey!!!) I guess since I got injured wearing the number I should hate it. I was a huge fan of Tony Dorsett growing up as a kid so requested that number when I played... nobody uses that number in football anymore.

The number 33 is just habit. I would be happy to change to number 10. That was Guy LaFleur's number! :)

The number 33 is just habit. I would be happy to change to number 10. That was Guy LaFleur's number! :)

Consider it changed to 10 as "habit" wasn't quite the story I was looking for. :lol: You don't have to update the form as I've taken care of that already. :sly: Just change the number on your car in GT5.

I see my #99 is already taken! :(

Was going to enter but need to think of another #

Al

GTP_3D3Racing is open for a little early suzuka in the rain practice. If nobody shows up for 20-30 minutes I'll probably take off and go practice with the ORCA guys.

EDIT: Out of lounge now. Maybe see you tonight at the official practice time.

Last edited:

I have his rookie card. But when I was a kid, I taped it to my bedroom wall (along with those of other Canadiens players), so now it has a big yellow mark on one of the (white) side margins. :banghead:

Update is out and servers are back online. First change note is interesting and about improved online experience and says voice chat with more than 12 may reduce refresh rate... let's hope they fixed the bug.

We may want to make a call about allowing larger grids, but getting rid of voice chat for races... but leave it for pre-race. We can use two lounges... one pre-race with chat enabled and head over to race lounge at race time if we have > 12 drivers... just a thought rather than splitting into two grids if we are 13-15 especially.

I have his rookie card. But when I was a kid, I taped it to my bedroom wall (along with those of other Canadiens players), so now it has a big yellow mark on one of the (white) side margins. :banghead:

That's just sweet. I started watching the Canadiens in 1974. They have always been, and will always be, my favorite professional sports franchise. No one else comes close.

One highlight of my childhood is my father taking me to the old Forum. It was a playoff game against the Hartford Whalers, and Gordie Howe was still playing. It was one of the best nights of my life. Forty years later, it still is one of the best nights of my life!! :)

As far as mics, I'd just as soon race without mics anyway, though it's always helpful to have at least one on for information. It seems you, (Tim), Marc, and Speedy have the best mic quality, at least on my end.

Going to sign up as reserve in both shortly. My net speed is at 512k until the 10th which (for me) is 24hrs after the races. Had no problems with lag since the reduced speed has come into effect but I have not tested it with Euro and NA servers.
I will show nice and early for both but if it appears I having/causing lag issues then I will step out.

P.S. I haven't watched a game of Ice Hockey (on TV) since moving out of my parents place about 7 years ago :D

What is this cold cruel world coming to?!? :(

lol We simply don't get Ice Hockey on free to air TV, and our own leagues are very minor and get no media coverage. For most of the country it doesn't even snow in winter (I've never seen or touched snow). The closest ice skating rink to me is about 450km(280Mi) away in Adelaide.

Signed up now with my black on black lotus :D

Guys, I've sent out a few friend requests from GTP_3D3_A. If you haven't gotten one or you are not already on the friends list of that PSN account/lounge then send a FR to that account. The idea is that GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_B will be mic-enabled and GTP_3D3_A will be mic-disabled.

That way if we are planning a race we can decide whether to stick with 12 or less drivers and split grids and use the mic-enabled lounge or if we have 13-15 drivers we may hop over to A and race all together without mics after pre-race practice.

Depending on our testing and results from other people testing we'll decide what to do long run, but for now with the multiple lounges it gives us some flexibility and ability to react last minute -- just make sure if you are racing with us that you on the the friends list of all three lounges: Primary (GTP_3D3Racing) and both alternates (GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B)

GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open for pre-race warm up practice.

Edit: wrong day. :dunce:

Latest Posts

Back