Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
It's definitely going to be an interesting race. I've never raced anything this slow before. Be interesting to have an enduro with cars of this speed:idea:

It's definitely going to be an interesting race. I've never raced anything this slow before. Be interesting to have an enduro with cars of this speed:idea:

I think a slow enduro would be fun too, if next weeks enduro goes well, I will organise more in the future.

For those that didn't know about it, or were not able to commit that far in advance, here is the link for the inaugural parity endurance race.

I tried to log in earlier to do some practice, but my menus were taking really long to load. I clicked the 'community' tab, and sat there while it loaded for like 10 minutes, then a really long time again to get to the lounge. I might try again later. Hopefully it will work.

Great racing yesterday, I have been challenged to compete with my car choice, but still had a great evening.:)
After reviewing some of the action to extract pictures, something came to my attention and I would like to suggest a line of action for future races.
We all at one point or another slightly go underpace during the events, but some have been underpace more than once, so I am proposing to the group the following:
If one of us wins in an event but had been faster than the pace 3 times ( or more :) ) then the win should be conceeded to the next legit racer in the race result. I suggest that we all do our own audit, watching the replay.
It would be fair to the drivers who have respected the pace.

487195_398877810169416_433812904_n.jpg

Once again everyone creativity and personal taste ( or lack of :) ) are well represented with this group and the racing is as close as ever

182142_398877936836070_228649033_n.jpg

Tsukuba and the hairpins!!

552685_398878090169388_2098884115_n.jpg

Did I mention close racing?, it is not door to door any more, it is mirror to mirror.

181130_398878336836030_931866678_n.jpg

The heat is on.:sly:

293838_398878603502670_1623985827_n.jpg

The 2 Suzukis are getting very friendly at the end of race 3, but still no touching, great driving Sag.

MCRC Round #6 Results

Hot lap
1. bender2011 / miata_1 / Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 / 285pp / 1:22.661 / EDT
2. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 / 285pp / 1:22.885 / EDT
3. Jujubean / jujubean14 / Nissan Leaf '11 / 290pp / 1:22.774 / EDT
4. TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91 / 290pp / 1:22.936 / EDT
5. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 294pp / 1:22.605 / BST
6. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Suzuki Kei Works '02 / 296pp / 1:22.870 / EDT
7. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97 / 323pp / 1:22.720 / CDT
8. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Suzuki Cappucino A11R '91 / 325pp / 1:22.931 / EDT

Race 1 (11 laps)
1st. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 294pp / 1:22.605 / BST
2nd. bender2011 / miata_1 / Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 / 285pp / 1:22.661 / EDT
3rd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 / 285pp / 1:22.885 / EDT
4th. Jujubean / jujubean14 / Nissan Leaf '11 / 290pp / 1:22.774 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97 / 323pp / 1:22.720 / CDT
6th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Suzuki Cappucino A11R '91 / 325pp / 1:22.931 / EDT

Race 2 (11 laps)
1st. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97 / 323pp / 1:22.720 / CDT
2nd. bender2011 / miata_1 / Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 / 285pp / 1:22.661 / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 294pp / 1:22.605 / BST
4th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 / 285pp / 1:22.885 / EDT
5th. Jujubean / jujubean14 / Nissan Leaf '11 / 290pp / 1:22.774 / EDT
6th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Suzuki Cappucino A11R '91 / 325pp / 1:22.931 / EDT

Race 3 (11 laps)
1st. bender2011 / miata_1 / Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 / 285pp / 1:22.661 / EDT
2nd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 / 285pp / 1:22.885 / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Honda Odyssey '03 / 294pp / 1:22.605 / BST
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Suzuki Cappucino A11R '91 / 325pp / 1:22.931 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97 / 323pp / 1:22.720 / CDT
6th. Jujubean / jujubean14 / Nissan Leaf '11 / 290pp / 1:22.774 / EDT

I wonder how often the Leaf is the largest car in a field? Looking at those photos, you'd think it was a behemoth.

On Cote's comment: Usually if I am running under pace, and there isn't any advantage from drafting, etc. I will concede. For example last week at Spa, I was going seconds under every lap in my 240RS. It is fun to see how other people tackle a particular corner in a particular car- Sometimes you can shave off a lot of time from learning from others!

As I mentioned last night (before my mic died), I have a few ideas for the future of the series. Here are a few;

1. I would like to see both vintage and modern cars on track, racing together. Over the two weeks of a round, each driver has to use one vintage car and one modern car. Which car they use on each night is up to them so long as at the end of the (2 week) round they have used both. The vintage and modern hot lap boards would remain seperate.

2. Themed races are something I would like to see as well. For example only hatchbacks, family mpv/estates, saloon or sports coupe's. This could be slightly tricky with the some of the vintage cars, but I'm sure if we do this we will sort out any issues.

3. Tuning unrestricted. I would like to see a couple of rounds where people are free to tune and modify their cars. This could potentialy become permanant, because regardless of tuning everyone should be on the same pace, but testing would have to be done.

4. Single model races. This kind of fits in with the themed idea but goes even further and limits it to one car. This would probably work best with the tuning unrestricted, so to be sure everyone can hit the target time.

I want to hear your thoughts about these ideas, plus any ideas you have of your own.

In terms of being under the target times, there needs to be serious consideration for the amount of time under the target and the draft. If someone runs a 1.22.451 I don't see a huge problem with that. When drivers are consistently near the 1.22.000 mark on their own, that is a problem. I think I only ran a couple laps under the .5 mark last night, and they were .2s...in a continual draft behind miata. I think there needs to be some flex in that. Honestly, I think most have been good about adjusting their PP at the end of a race if they were too fast.

I like most of the ideas Mike. I would be happy just dropping the idea MCRC and VCRC and having 2 weeks at the same track with the same target. Run what you want (tuning or not doesn't matter to me). I think if you have a win at all in the first week, your car gets retired for the second week and you have to choose something different.

I like the idea of themed races. The single model race concerns me a bit. We have all had our races where one car was better than another in terms of straight line speed. Afraid if they are all the same car but some are at a higher PP to make the target time, the straight line speed will be too much of a factor in who is up front.

On the subject of running under the target times during races (guilty of this myself last night), as Trackbound7 said, as we learn new lines from other drivers we sometimes gain a little performance, but so long as we all stay open and honest and drop pp accordingly, I don't see any future issues.

On the subject of running under the target times during races (guilty of this myself last night), as Trackbound7 said, as we learn new lines from other drivers we sometimes gain a little performance, but so long as we all stay open and honest and drop pp accordingly, I don't see any future issues.

As I mentioned in my post, we all are running faster than the pace at one point or another. So it is not about pointing fingers.
Also totally agree than some time with drafting it can be a small advantage but I think it is usauly negated by the fact that following someone usualy slows you down some where else on the track, so pace should not be that affected, except if the car we are following is also faster than the pace.
Wich brings me back to my point, it is fine to lower PP the following event, but does not change that winning runing faster than the pace does not seem right to me. again not the exceptional, that honestly cannot be prevented, since we are only human, some more than other.:) the lesser the talent, the more difficult to be consistent, up or down, I show know about that.:guilty:
In any case it is only a remark and a suggestion, and in the future if I end up winning a race after lapping 3 times or more above the pace I intend to conceed my win to the next ligit driver in that race.
We have a great formula and a fantastick group, we have to stay vigilant on not letting complacency damage to good thing we have going.:cool:

3. Tuning unrestricted. I would like to see a couple of rounds where people are free to tune and modify their cars. This could potentialy become permanant, because regardless of tuning everyone should be on the same pace, but testing would have to be done.

I want to hear your thoughts about these ideas, plus any ideas you have of your own.

👍👍👍👍 to point number 3

I agree with the other as well, but I do not see a particular interets in theme or all racing the same car, but again not against it if it makes other in the group happy.:)

Something I would like to try, is faster car, like Gt500, see list bellow, on fast track with no restriction, tuning or tyres, all aids off ( except ABS) and except for the pace of course. In that format we might even think about racing with a team of 2, both driver on the track at the same time but driving for the same team:idea:

Honda -

ESPON NSX '08
ARTA NSX '06
RAYBRIG NSX '06

TAKATA DOME NSX '06

Nissan -

MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08

WOODONE ADVAN CLARION '08 -

CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R '08 -

XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 -

YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R '08 -

Lexus -

BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06

ENEOS SC430 '08 - Ozo_OnE

DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430

PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 -

Toyota -

YELLOWHAT YMS SUPRA '05

CASTROL TOM'S SUPRA '97

I like all of the ideas that Mike and Cote have put forward. Some of the ideas might be nice to kind of spice things up every now and then.

VCRC Round 6 Tsukuba

Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 / 299PP / 1'22.811 / EDT

Hey guys. I have been following this for a while now and finally made the decided to join. I just wanted to check and see if it was possible for me to race next week if my schedule allows.

Hey guys. I have been following this for a while now and finally made the decided to join. I just wanted to check and see if it was possible for me to race next week if my schedule allows.

First of all, Welcome.

So long as you have your hot lap entry in, we would love to see you race on Monday.

Look what the cat dragged in. Nice to see you on this side of the track Ace. If Ace isn't towards the top of the weekly TT then he is sand bagging ;).

Miata thanks for the training. Sorry I had to cut it short, I was having a great time but I got a call I had to take.
Looking forward to race your car with the hood too hot next Monday. It is fast in the back straight but the handling looked a little twitchy from where I was seated.

Thanks everyone for the welcome! :)
First of all, Welcome.

So long as you have your hot lap entry in, we would love to see you race on Monday.
I'm already working on it, using the Honda Accord Coupe '88
Look what the cat dragged in. Nice to see you on this side of the track Ace. If Ace isn't towards the top of the weekly TT then he is sand bagging ;).
Nice to see you to buddy, I definely hope to be towards the top of the TT. :D
@ aceboy dont forget to send a friend request to have acces to the VCRC & MCRC lounge.
Oh I did that a long time ago. :sly:

As I mentioned last night (before my mic died), I have a few ideas for the future of the series. Here are a few;

1. I would like to see both vintage and modern cars on track, racing together. Over the two weeks of a round, each driver has to use one vintage car and one modern car. Which car they use on each night is up to them so long as at the end of the (2 week) round they have used both. The vintage and modern hot lap boards would remain seperate.

2. Themed races are something I would like to see as well. For example only hatchbacks, family mpv/estates, saloon or sports coupe's. This could be slightly tricky with the some of the vintage cars, but I'm sure if we do this we will sort out any issues.

4. Single model races. This kind of fits in with the themed idea but goes even further and limits it to one car. This would probably work best with the tuning unrestricted, so to be sure everyone can hit the target time.

I like all the ideas, especially the tuning unrestricted. Many times I've taken a car out and had just that slight amount of under or oversteer that made it unsuitable for racing, for me anyway, and I wished I could just open up the tuning menu and make some small adjustment to iron out it's shortcomings. And as you said, if we're all running the same lap times what does it matter if it's tuned or not?

For the vintage/modern separation, I'd go so far as label some rounds as "open" and allow any car, any week. Or fix them to "modern only" at the higher PP levels.

In terms of being under the target times, there needs to be serious consideration for the amount of time under the target and the draft. If someone runs a 1.22.451 I don't see a huge problem with that. When drivers are consistently near the 1.22.000 mark on their own, that is a problem. I think I only ran a couple laps under the .5 mark last night, and they were .2s...in a continual draft behind miata. I think there needs to be some flex in that. Honestly, I think most have been good about adjusting their PP at the end of a race if they were too fast.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone. I have a hard time getting motivated running around a track on my own for more than a few minutes. Even running the TT's, I rarely put more than a half or 3/4 of an hour into it, I just get tired of running the same car over and over on the same track. Once the green flag drops I have a laser focus, the adrenaline is flowing and my lap times begin to fall as I concentrate on hitting every apex and being as smooth as possible, especially when battling with someone. :ouch:

VCRC Round 6 Entry:

bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / 275pp / 1:22.626 / EDT

The GT5 description intrigued me so I found some interesting 1970 road test/reviews online.
picture.php

Air cooled engine. Note fins visible above mirror mount.

Last edited:
bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / 275pp / 1:22.626 / EDT

Parity Hot Lap ... the only place where the 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 might actually be a viable option.
:D
(I had trouble getting people to just test drive this car without complaints!! Even Bspec drivers in remote races seem to turn their nose up in it.)

I like most of the ideas Mike. I would be happy just dropping the idea MCRC and VCRC and having 2 weeks at the same track with the same target. Run what you want (tuning or not doesn't matter to me). I think if you have a win at all in the first week, your car gets retired for the second week and you have to choose something different.

I like the idea of themed races. The single model race concerns me a bit. We have all had our races where one car was better than another in terms of straight line speed. Afraid if they are all the same car but some are at a higher PP to make the target time, the straight line speed will be too much of a factor in who is up front.

People really need to keep in mind that some drivers have a much faster race pace. It's common in real racing, it's common in sim racing. Not everybody can perform their best in qualifying. With some people, it's the opposite as well, some people are slower in the race. Everybody's different. Nobody's trying to "cheat" here. This is just a race for fun, clean, but I don't think it should turn into something overly serious or competitive.

There's always going to be people breaking the target. I don't think it's ever going to change. As long as people remove enough PP when it gets out of hand, I don't think people should be getting upset over it (I'm not refering to you track). Stuff happens

I like all the ideas, especially the tuning unrestricted. Many times I've taken a car out and had just that slight amount of under or oversteer that made it unsuitable for racing, for me anyway, and I wished I could just open up the tuning menu and make some small adjustment to iron out it's shortcomings. And as you said, if we're all running the same lap times what does it matter if it's tuned or not?

For the vintage/modern separation, I'd go so far as label some rounds as "open" and allow any car, any week. Or fix them to "modern only" at the higher PP levels.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone. I have a hard time getting motivated running around a track on my own for more than a few minutes. Even running the TT's, I rarely put more than a half or 3/4 of an hour into it, I just get tired of running the same car over and over on the same track. Once the green flag drops I have a laser focus, the adrenaline is flowing and my lap times begin to fall as I concentrate on hitting every apex and being as smooth as possible, especially when battling with someone. :ouch:

Same here. My concentration level is through the roof while racing, not only to try and do my best, but to also make sure I'm driving clean.

In time trials not a lot is going on so either I can't concentrate enough, or I overthink things and can't be as smooth/fast through certain corners.

Back