FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully mine is at proper power on share this time. :embarrassed: If someone notices it is not please let me know so I can slap it around and re-share. :lol:

I am OK with either grouping. I think I have everyone here on my friend list anyway so it shouldn't matter in that case.

Group A
Motor City Hami
Onboy123
Ridox2JZGTE
CyKosis1973
krenkme

After a nice sunday afternoon of testing here are the following results :

please be gentle with my times and keep in mind I only recently came back to GT5 after a well needed break so my driving is still rusty :D

also i do appoligise incase the wall of text seems a bit to much :P

Driving Impressions :

Motor City Hami- Elise 111R

I'll start by quoting you ... ( quote taken from you're submission of the tune )

In previous competitions I have tried to build my tunes somewhere down the middle, hoping for it to fit well with a majority of the testers. I think that has cost me the podium on a few occasions. My attitude now, as GT5 has aged, is that this isn’t about anyone else any longer. I built this tune for me and the way that I drive.

I can only say .... finally , if this is the kind of work we can expect from you in the future then the future is looking very very bright . The Lotus Elise in stock version is a very fun car to drive , but the car you build is close to perfection . It is such a smooth ride , very light , loads of grip and enough power . I would like to really applaud this tune and the effort you put into it .
This is the kind of tune that this car needed , and i will be putting a copy of it in my garage asap . I could keep going on how great it is but seeing i don't wanna stress the GTplanet servers i'll keep it at this :D

Onboy123- MR2 Spyder '99

So the Toyota ...
In all fairness i think it is the ugliest car in the group :P , good thing that it makes up for it by superb handling ... Alltho it can be tricky at certain points coming out of the corner . Corner entry and mid corner are exellent and due to a very well sorted gearbox ratio the car feels like it has the exact amount of power it needs . Braking was very consistant and spot-on on both tracks .
Defenatly a car worth having in you're garage 👍

Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo

When I saw that I was gonna test group A I was very looking forward to this car . First I am an Opel-fan and secondly I am always intrested in trying tunes from a new tuner I have not come accross yet . However at the first corner I was stunnend by the handling after crashing into the wall at full speed ... So i needed to figure out what it was i was doing wrong . After a few laps the car became more at ease and more controlable and even tho I was not able to put down a track record it is a challaging ride . This is a car that needs 110% focus , it has no room for mistakes , but it can be very fast .
In the corners lies the biggest concern seeing that specially midcorner the grip can dissapear instantly and one will lose a lot of time correcting it . I would personally not have installed a mid-range turbo . I think the entire tune is only a few clicks away from beeing a very stable and fast drive , sadly atm it isn't there just yet .

CyKosis1973- Alfa 147 GTA

The Alfa ... well it broke down after the second corner and burned out due to an electrical failure ... Its an Alfa , what else did you expect :D

Just kidding , it is the most beautifull car in the group . The Alfa is pretty balanced considering the 60-40 weight ratio and feels very nice . Loads of grip and extremely forgiving towards drivers mistakes . Even tho speed wise it is in the same level as some of the others in this compitition it gives you a sence of it beeing slow . Sadly this isn't something you can change its just that way ... more of a gt-highspeed-cruiser then a highspeed-racer if you know what i mean . The suspension is very well tunend and the car has close to no wheelspin if driven correctly . defenatly a good drive ....

Krenkme- Neon

Heya boss :D , you really love Dodge's don't you :P . Well this car might not be The Runt it is still good fun to drive , I personally feel it is lacking power and even tho the handling of the car is very nice for a FWD the suspension and gearbox cannot cope with that ... On HSR the gearbox was just at the limit of the rev-limiter so i don't think more power can be gainend there . It is a shame seeing it is a very good sleeper-car . All in all you should know by now how to tune a Dodge and you do , it is a very nice handling car , but i prefer the 600bhp brother :D .

High Speed Ring Reverse Lap Times :

1.Motor City Hami- Elise 111R
2.Onboy123- MR2 Spyder '99
3.CyKosis1973- Alfa 147 GTA
4.Krenkme- Neon
5.Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo

Autumm Ring Lap Times :

3.Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo
4.Krenkme- Neon
5.CyKosis1973- Alfa 147 GTA

Drivers Choise
9.5/10
8.5/10
3.CyKosis1973- Alfa 147 GTA
7.5/10
4.Krenkme- Neon
7/10
5.Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo
6/10

I would like to thank the tunes for allowing me to test their cars , it was good fun and i am looking forward to more testing ...
keep up the good work 👍👍👍

Here it will be my result for testing the cars by my poor drive skills :dopey: .

Note : iam using wheel G27 ABS 1 all aids off . CCS 0 . Manual gear . Grip Real

Each car i give it 10 laps in each track .

Group A :
Motor City Hami
Onboy123
Ridox2JZGTE
CyKosis1973
krenkme

Motor City Hami ( Elise 111R '04 )
Driver choice ( 9,5 out ot 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:11.750 ) 👍

The car is very very good 👍 gear is good but 5th gear is longer, brakes is good but it cause the car in second corner turn to spin out and when i look for the brakes balance i found F7 R6 and i think if you make this rear ( 4 ) it will shave from my time more 0:00.250 .

Turn in and Mid corner is good , corner exit the car lose power in first corner and it can be improve by find the good line .

Final gear is 3.890 and its show up right 175mph and if you make it 3.980 it will give up right 170mph so it will improve the time by more 0:00.270 . After all i love it and it fit my drive style . Lap time after i fix this brakes and final gear in my own car after built it is ( 1:11.230 ) less 0:00.520 than the orignal tune you make it wow :) :dopey:

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:22.141 )

I had more of spin in first and fourth corner and it take from my lap 5 red time until i found the secret of your drive Hami you are always putting your foot on the two bedal in same time when break and by this you reduce the spin in corner turn in .
But still the problem same brakes is high in rear . This the problem in this car but still i did good lap time . Or i think this is my problem :( .
Over all good car well done Sir .👍

Onboy123 (TOYOTA MR2 SPYDER'99 )
Driver choice ( 8,5 out ot 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:12.593 )

Gear is good faster than Hami car in gear shift and high speed end but its fill heavy than Elisa .

Corner turn in need more correction when you jump back to the Gas pedale .
Med and corner exit is good .
I try to push it more but it will spin .
you need to be smooth on Gas .
But i can't say its fit my drive style Sorry Onboy . But well done sir . 👍

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:24.886 )

I think this car made for Autumn ring . Its more better here in corner turn in med and exit but with the same as above be smooth on bedal Gas .sorry my time not that good . :(

I will give your car another 5 laps later on because i think i can do better :) 👍
I run it again 2 laps and i update the new time .

CyKosis1973 ( ALFA ROMEO GT 3.2 V6 )
Driver Choice ( 8 out of 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:13.519 )

Is it FF car i don't think so . The handel very well . Have understear in first corner but you can correct it . Gear is perfect but its Heavy and this is only thing make this car slow . You made a good tune on this car, i think more 20 to 40 pp it will help this car to be much litter if you add weight stages . Well Done Cy 👍

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:24.618 )

The same is hear and i notice that all the car had wheelspin here even my car but this one like its made to be not spin at all . But very bad that this car heavy weight champion 👍 well done again .

krenkme ( DODGE SRT4 '03 )
Driver choice ( 7,5 out of 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:13.950 )

Handel is good littel slidy but i like it . Gear is short except gear 6 is long . Take the corner sharp with slidy rear and it help the car in first corner . 👍

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:25.400 )

Like FR car in this track Good grip and turn in I enjoy it but for the lap time i can't do more than that sorry both my driving skills is bad . 👍

Ridox2JZGTE ( Speeder Turbo '00 )
Driver choice ( 6 out of 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:13.580 )

The car had very bad happit the rear wheel want to be front of the front wheel i did 10 laps ( 8 red time ) . In first and second corner car always spin when take the turn . Gear is good but You need to be very easy on Gas . More of power coming out from the rear wheel . :(

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:27.350 )

I can't control this car at all more of over steer and fish tail sorry my friend my driving style is poor :(

Big thanks for the tuner to let me have fun driving there cars 👍 👍

ND SAM :dopey:

Last edited:
I'll be putting all my Group - A Times in this post.

I test with a DS3 and an Automatic Transmission
Ghost Replays + Youtube lap uploading available. Ask if you want either.

1) Motor City Hami - Elise 111R

Autumn Ring: 1:20.150
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:10.880
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 9 HSR-R: 8.5............................(Total: 8.75)

Review: A good effort overall. The car feels nicely sharp on both tracks. Entry and mid corner is fine but the car suffers from under-power corner exit understeer. This was especially apparent on HSR-R. A bit annoying but not a major problem overall. The big trouble with the car are the brakes. The moment I stomped on them, I just knew they were Hami brakes. I remember having the same problem with the brakes with Hami's LFA doing the Japanese Shootout. For my taste they are set too high and upset the car's balance quite badly. Not only does the rear end start to move under heavy braking but releasing the brake pedal causes some pretty bad oversteer. Very problematic on HSR-R - had the brakes been to my liking, the Elise would have pole position here. Brakes let down an otherwise competent tune. Also the reason why I only awarded 8.5/10 for HSR-R.

2) CyKosis - Tow Truck Bound Alfa

Autumn Ring: 1:23.562 (.288)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.982 (.100-.200)
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 5 HSR-R: 6.5............................(Total: 5.75)

Review: This car isn't fun to drive. I dreaded doing laps in this ride. It felt very FF-ish, very sluggish and very heavy. While I might have gotten decent laps in the car, they felt forced almost. I gave it my all at both tracks, but I can't say I enjoyed doing so. The one redeeming factor for the car is the power delivery. At no time did I manage to make the front quiver or go red under hard acceleration. Great job on that part of the tune. The transmission and brakes are also finely tuned.

3) Ridox2JZGTE - Opel Speedster

Autumn Ring: 1:22.394 (more can be squeezed)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.133
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 6.5 HSR-R: 8............................(Total: 7.25)

Review: The black sheep of the group. Very hard to get right, and even if you do so, not very rewarding. An interesting concept this car is. While others strive to make a Yellowbird safer, calmer, you make a car that tries to replicate a stock Yellowbird. What sorcery is this I ask. Yes, It's great fun to drive and yes the rear end slips at the very lightest touch. I think you could even get wind-induced oversteer.

(Copy from previous post) On high-speed ring it was okay and not that big of a problem but I still had to be very smooth with my inputs otherwise the car would get out of shape. On Autumn Ring it was worse - not only was the car very touchy but it felt like it was flopping all around. Unless I was perfectly accurate with the throttle the body would start to swing around and make me lose my line and time. I just made sure I inputted just enough throttle but no more and kept the body in check. As I mentioned I still think I can make the Opel faster on Autumn Ring but it would take a very good lap. I know I have .150 to gain in the loop section specifically.

Very drifty rear end. Feels very much like a Yellowbird when it goes. A fun car to drive yes, but not a car that excels in competitive laps.

4) krenkme's SRT4

Autumn Ring: 1:23.534
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.996
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 8.0 HSR-R: 9.0..........................(Total: 8.5)

Review: Krenkme, Dammit how the hell did you manage to swap in a rear wheel drive-train into a front wheel drive vehicle. Is this even legal under competition rules? Yep. That's what I thought to myself the first time I took out your Half-Pint to HSR-R. Absolutely no understeer to be found, incredible amounts of front grip and a fun factor outta this world. This car did things I didn't expect to be possible after driving CyKosis's pig of a car. Your car feels light on its feet, though it is underpowered. One area of concern however is the power delivery and this is where CyKosis's car is much better. Under hard acceleration the front tires would glow red and pour out smoke and the front of the car would start to shake. This was more of a problem on Autumn Ring where it had an effect on the amount of power I could safely put down exiting certain corners. Once again, very fun car and one that I am going to keep for my personal use. Thanks for the sweet tune :)

5) Onboy's MR2

Autumn Ring: 1:22.984
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:11.164
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 7.5 HSR-R: 9.5..........................(Total: 8.5)

Review: Proper review will come later. Sorry. You already know what I think of it. Very Onboyish, I like that. Great on HSR-R. Average on Autumn Ring.

=FASTEST

Last edited:
Might be a bit slow in my response but as for what to do about the test groups I'd suggest just combining the current group B and C in the OP into one group. That would give you two groups of 5 cars and one group of 4. Then if you run the final round you'd have 6 cars.

Hi All,
Groups are finalised! Group B is dead, Theo777 has been moved into Group C and DigitalBaka has been moved into Group D. Sorry for all the last minute changes.

If any testers are missing Friend Requests from tuners in their group, please let me know and I'll help sort it out.

Comments:
This tune grew on me at Autumn Ring. To start with, I found it too understeery at turn-in and mid-corner. But I started to enjoy the challenge of manhandling it around chasing Onboy's (often sideways) ghost. I found the gearing awkward at Autumn Ring, many corners were right on the border of 2nd and 3rd. Good front grip and exit and a fun challenge to throw around Autumn Ring.

At High Speed Ring it was also a smooth operator. The lack of grunt hurt it (although the sound is wonderful) and a bit more mid-corner front grip would be nice.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:25.7
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:14.4
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 7

Glad you enjoyed the ride. For a luxo-barge, it shouldn't really drive as well as it does. Add another 40PP to this car, and you'll probably find that only the Neon SRT is faster. I had a good old tussle with OnBoy the other day, at 500PP, against his Mitsu Eclipse and his Acura CL, gave them both a hard time.

7 out of 10 is high praise, for a car that was always going to suffer in terms of outright performance. Thank you for your time and efforts. Good times by the way 👍

The Alfa ... well it broke down after the second corner and burned out due to an electrical failure ... Its an Alfa , what else did you expect :D

Just kidding , it is the most beautifull car in the group . The Alfa is pretty balanced considering the 60-40 weight ratio and feels very nice . Loads of grip and extremely forgiving towards drivers mistakes . Even tho speed wise it is in the same level as some of the others in this compitition it gives you a sence of it beeing slow . Sadly this isn't something you can change its just that way ... more of a gt-highspeed-cruiser then a highspeed-racer if you know what i mean . The suspension is very well tunend and the car has close to no wheelspin if driven correctly . defenatly a good drive ....

You know that number I gave you for when the car broke down, 0800-CALL-ME-MAYBE. I never gave you that number so I could come give you a tow, it was just so I could laugh at you :sly:

As per above, give the car another 40PP and it becomes really quite quick. Unfortunately, 500PP puts it in the range of a lot of quality cars. So as you suggest, this is better suited to cruising, if for nothing else other than it looks brawsome. The final and key element to tackling the wheel spin, particularly at corner exit, was to use a heavier flywheel. I found the lighter flywheels just span all the grip away. The heavier flywheel also helped with lift-off corrections. Fractionally lifting when you feel you're going wide should tighten your line nicely.

Thanks for your time brah, I appreciate it. Swift times too...

{Cy}

Test results!
All testing conducted using sixaxis controller.

GROUP C
Theo777- Integra Type R '98
Comments:
Incredible front grip for an FF. With such a peaky power curve, maybe tighter gearing would help, but this is just a minor comment. This car carries all the ballast in the nose extremely well, at Autumn Ring it responded quickly to steering inputs and refushed to run wide. I was getting on the throttle ridiculously early, expecting to have to lift but the front just kept gripping and gripping. Nicely controlled bumps and transients, too.

At High Speed Ring, it was also very good. The softish suspension (which was such a help when hopping Autumn Ring's kerbs) resulted in some loose body movement, especially when combined with the higher grip levels of HSR. But it was still wonderfully balanced and predictable. Great tune.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.1
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.1
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 8

Newdriver2- Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
Comments:
Incredible fun at Autumn Ring. Oversteer is a possibility, but it's at the drivers discretion. I love how hard this car can turn-in without resulting in mid-corner understeer. A few times I observed the inside rear overheating under power, but the car is so nicely balanced that I wouldn't suggest changing anything at all!

It didn't feel at home at High Speed Ring. The rear was prone to sliding under brakes, which was often followed by mid-corner understeer. The wallowing suspension made for inconsistent front grip and the gearing was too short. A great tune at Autumn Ring, I could happily run laps in it all day.

High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:11.9

Rotary (City) Junkie- Altenza Sport
Comments:
Possibly the first time anyone has entered a tuning challenge without actually driving their tune! Nice balance, but I get the feeling (possibly due to the constant front wheel screeching) that there may be more front grip to be unlocked. Great straight-line speed, good gearing. A very competant effort, the handling was vice-free and predictable.

At High Speed Ring it was exactly the same story, so kudos for producing such a consistent and versatile tune. Gearing is a touch short, but the handling is predictable and easy to master. Congratulations to the "chinese whispers" tuners of Motor City Hami and Rotary Junkie for such a consistent entry.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.4
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.8

XDesperado67- Ferrari 512BB
Comments:
Incredible horsepower! Woeful brakes!! At Autumn Ring, I was expecting this museum piece to be wickedly fun, but slow. Brakes lack in both power and it is very hard to make light dabs without upsetting the chassis, but the rest of the handling is pure gold. Far from being a tempermental stallion; it turns in nicely, rides the bumps well and exits each corner with the rears scrabbling for traction. Terrific fun, I gotta get me one.

And somehow it gets even better at High Speed Ring. From the minute I turned the key, this tune fit me like a glove. The braking problems aren't as noticeable at HSR, actually if you overcook it, it gently slides the rear thus giving you the option to take another line. Perfect gearing, despite only 5 cogs to play with. This tune suited me so well that my out-lap was only 0.1s behind my best lap.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.0
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.2
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 10

Last edited:
Comments:
Possibly the first time anyone has entered a tuning challenge without actually driving their tune! Nice balance, but I get the feeling (possibly due to the constant front wheel screeching) that there may be more front grip to be unlocked. Great straight-line speed, good gearing. A very competant effort, the handling was vice-free and predictable.

It's my...

4th. At least. As for the thoughts that more front grip *could* be unlocked? Well, maybe, but this isn't my first trip around the block with the 2nd generation Atenza/6... The only way to provoke oversteer is to use the e-brake or dirt drop the rear tires. It would've almost assuredly handled better (and probably been quicker up to about 130mph) with less weight and less power but I decided early on to see what I could do with lots of everything.

And, honestly, that's probably what's kept it down at Autumn Ring, not a (perceived) lack of front grip. If it'd been lighter, the fronts wouldn't have needed to do quite so much work (resulting in higher cornering speeds) and the PWR probably would've been better as well (meaning less time lost between corners compared to the flyweights with peaky motors and somewhat lacking grip levels). Oh well, it's doing at least close to as well as I'd hoped. :D

nomis3613
Test results!

GROUP B

Newdriver2- Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
Comments:
Incredible fun at Autumn Ring. Oversteer is a possibility, but it's at the drivers discretion. I love how hard this car can turn-in without resulting in mid-corner understeer. A few times I observed the inside rear overheating under power, but the car is so nicely balanced that I wouldn't suggest changing anything at all!

It didn't feel at home at High Speed Ring. The rear was prone to sliding under brakes, which was often followed by mid-corner understeer. The wallowing suspension made for inconsistent front grip and the gearing was too short. A great tune at Autumn Ring, I could happily run laps in it all day.

High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:11.9

Thank you Nomis for this rate and also the good lap time you record it in HSR/R .👍
And i am happy with that time mate. Because i am on wheel and i did lap time 1:11.720 . So its almost same time . Thank you 👍

In AR i see that you love to drive my car there more but for me iam not that happy with it and even i made 1:23.400 in AR and still faster than your lap so i think you can record more than that maybe you can break 1:23.000 :dopey: like you said :
( I could happily run laps in it all day )

ND :dopey:

Comments:
Nice balance, but I get the feeling (possibly due to the constant front wheel screeching) that there may be more front grip to be unlocked.

Just a question for the group. If the tires for the competition are listed as sport softs, does this mean sports softs or does this mean sports softs or harder? I think that RJs car with sport mediums on the back, may turn it into a monster.

5 laps per track, per car.

Laptimes in my own car, for an indication of my overall pace:
AR: 1:23.839
HSR/R: 1:13.570
(Yes, my car is marginally faster online, go figure)
======================
Autumn Ring
======================
Group C Laptimes:
XDesperado67 - 1:23.904
Rotary Junkie - 1:23.594
NEWDRIVER2 - 1:23.325
Theo777 - 1:23.517
======================
Group D Laptimes:
trackripper123 - 1:22.187
jtqmopar - 1:24.431
HaoleHatingWRX - 1:22.796
ugabugaz - 1:22.583
DigitalBaka - 1:23.849
======================
Highspeed Ring/Reverse
======================
Group C Laptimes:
XDesperado67 - 1:13.612
Rotary Junkie - 1:13.576
NEWDRIVER2 - 1:12.388
Theo777 - 1:13.299
======================
Group D Laptimes:
trackripper123 - 1:12.738
jtqmopar - 1:15.657
HaoleHatingWRX - 1:14.110
ugabugaz - 1:12.280
DigitalBaka - 1:13.480
======================

======================
Comments
======================
Group C

xDesperado67
A fine balancing act. The brakes make this a boisterous beastie. If you take care with them, you can enjoy some gentle sideways action. However, be warned that too much will result in the tyres overheating and loosing valuable traction.

I enjoyed the car more at Autumn Ring, I just couldn't gel with the car at the High Speed Ring. I only managed 2 blue laps. Whilst it's undeniably fast, it required too precise a line for a fat thumbed idiot like me. Sorry, old boy...
Drivers Rating: 6

Rotary Junkie
Bravo, Sir, bravo. As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed driving the car. It's a FWD RJ special, why wouldn't I..?? :mischievous: Unfortunately, I didn't manage to do the car justice. It's not quite as tight as it could be, the rear is a little loose on entry and can push wide exit. It can alternate between loose-rear/pushy-front a little too quickly. At HSR/R, you can take another 0.3, I couldn't quite nail the right-hander before the final corner and as you can see, my fastest lap was my out lap, which is at least the aforementioned 0.3.

If it was a little tighter in the rear on braking and pulled more than pushed on exit, I could choose my line with a little more freedom and certainly make it into the 1:12s...
Drivers Rating: 7.5

NEWDRIVER2
Weight. That's the thing that stops this car being epically quick. The stats don't lie, the car is very fast, but I had to wrestle the car the whole way. There's bags of grip on corner exit, so much so that the car wants to push wide, when you might expect it to want to spin. However, it was difficult to take advantage of this as the car required long braking distances to ensure that the rear of the car stayed under control. With the stiff suspension, weak brakes and an extra 100kg over the rear axle, the rear would constantly want to overpower the front of the car.

I expect you to make the next round, but if you want to do well there, you're going to have to manage the weight better under braking. You might want to give the front of the car a little more grip and take a little away from the rear too, to reduce the car's desire to push wide on corner exit. Otherwise, well done my fried, not once did I spin this car out, although I did come close through the various chicanes at Autumn Ring :sly:
Drivers Rating: 7

Theo777
Drives just like you'd expect an Integra to, beautifully. Has a tendency to want to pulls itself wide on corner exit and does require a touch of throttle control. Still nicely balanced and allowed me a broad range of lines through a corner. At HSR, I set my fastest lap on the 2nd one, but was running a hero lap on my 5th, before I dropped a rear wheel onto the grass just before the technicolour crash barrier on the bridge. I'm not saying I would have broken into the 1:12s, but it would have been darned close.

Well done, Sir, big up the FWD Posse...
Drivers Rating: 8

======================
Group D

trackripper123
Hands down the best car I've driven so far. Nothing else needs saying, its sublime...
Drivers Rating: 9.5

jtqmopar
Just not quick enough, which surprised me for a big fat motor. Seemed to bleed speed in the corners at HSR and has little pull in 6th gear. Didn't seem to take advantage of the available power at AR either. That being said, the car drove wonderfully. The second hairpin at AR was the only weak spot, I had to moderate my corner exit. Elsewhere it seemed solid and planted, so I was surprised to see the high laptimes roll in. Sorry dude, I feel bad about my times...
Drivers Rating: 6

HaoleHatingWRX
Brilliant at AR, the car picks up sharply on exit and gathers smoothly on entry. Point-to-point squirting and slaloming are where this car feels most at home, all hail the WRX!! However, it ran out of beans at the HSR, it lacked the speed required to be competitive with the fastest cars. Entry speed at T1 was 10mph+ slower than other cars I've driven. T1 pretty much delineates how the rest of your laps is going to turn out. Through the curves it was lovely, fiercely holding whichever line you asked of it. Get it onto the wide open stuff though and the WRX's Achilles Heal is revealed.

Bravo, Sir, a delightful car to drive...
Drivers Rating: 8.5

ugabugaz
Go look at the times. Absolutely fantastic. I really thought I might break into the 1:11s at HSR, but alas, I just spent the last 3 laps futilely chasing my ghost. Felt a little bit fragile, occasionally, which perhaps kept me from breaking into the 1:21s and the 1:11s. If I could have had that last ounce of confidence, then I no doubt would have blitzed all the other cars. Still sitting pretty near the top, so pour yourself a beer...
Drivers Rating: 9

DigitalBaka
You're problem, henceforth, will be my expectations. I drove that Celica of yours and couldn't have been any happier, soooooooooo, I was hoping this might be just as good. Unfortunately it’s not and to add to that, you've been grouped with some superb cars. This car has bags of grips, perhaps a little too much. I really struggled with the car from mid-corner onwards, if I didn't shed enough speed going into a corner and then hold my line just so, it was difficult to take advantage of the fantastic grip on exit. As such, I had to sacrifice too much to make it competitive with some of the faster entries. All of this is a shame, because I think it could be a fair bit quicker. Sorry, Sir...
Drivers Rating: 8

{Cy}

Last edited:
nomis3613
*XDesperado67- Ferrari 512BB*
Comments:
Incredible horsepower! Woeful brakes!! At Autumn Ring, I was expecting this museum piece to be wickedly fun, but slow. Brakes lack in both power and it is very hard to make light dabs without upsetting the chassis, but the rest of the handling is pure gold. Far from being a tempermental stallion; it turns in nicely, rides the bumps well and exits each corner with the rears scrabbling for traction. Terrific fun, I gotta get me one.

And somehow it gets even better at High Speed Ring. From the minute I turned the key, this tune fit me like a glove. The braking problems aren't as noticeable at HSR, actually if you overcook it, it gently slides the rear thus giving you the option to take another line. Perfect gearing, despite only 5 cogs to play with. This tune suited me so well that my out-lap was only 0.1s behind my best lap.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.0
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.2
Wow thrilled that you liked the "Polo Pony" so much.👍👍
Am a little disappointed by the HSR/R time but its still very good.:D The key to going faster at HSR/R is to more or less forget the car has brakes going into the first corner gently lift off the throttle and let the banking help slow the car to around 132-135mph then give it full throttle again. Car should be running a very wide line with the rear end just rubbing the rumble strip but not on it...feels a bit odd the first time you get that but afterwards you can use it to help you with your placement on track. Mainly though it's all about the corner entry and having the balls to enter it as hot as possible as natural instinct and self preservation will be screaming at you to hit the brakes.:lol:

Just a question for the group. If the tires for the competition are listed as sport softs, does this mean sports softs or does this mean sports softs or harder? I think that RJs car with sport mediums on the back, may turn it into a monster.
Well I guess I should have said sports softs or harder. But sorry, it's too late to change any tunes now.

Mainly though it's all about the corner entry and having the balls to enter it as hot as possible as natural instinct and self preservation will be screaming at you to hit the brakes.:lol:
:scared:
I think I'd be too scared about writing off your rare classic Ferrari!

Well I guess I should have said sports softs or harder. But sorry, it's too late to change any tunes now.

It's not a change I would've considered making if I was the one doing the testing on the car anyway; it might've helped at Autumn Ring but there's an equal likelyhood it would've hurt at HSR.

Test results!

GROUP D
Trackripper123- Ruf RGT '00
Comments:
Wonderful at Autumn Ring. Such fluid handling, perfect balance and great gearing. It can drive however you want, the handling is so versatile. My favourite part is how it rewards good throttle control- if you are too rough the rear will gently arc around, but get it right and it powers out on any line you choose.

High Speed Ring also gave nice balance, but it was a bit slow to react to transients. Also, at times there were mid-corner lurching moments. Adjustability was also excellent at High Speed Ring. Not at all a typical Ruf lift off oversteer monster, but a very enjoyable tune. Indeed it is deceptively quick.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:22.7
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.2

jtqmopar- Pontiac GTO '04
Comments:
This big coupe can do things I didn't think possible...but we just didn't click. To me, it felt like an uneasy combination of wonderfully sharp initial responses followed by gentle understeer. We just didn't click, unfortunately, and I would have preferred some throttle steerability to temper the exit understeer. On the plus side, I was astounded at how late I could brake and how early I could get on the throttle.

The higher speeds of ummm High Speed Ring found the gearing to be too short, considering that power drops off above 6000rpm. Again the balance was a bit understeery, although it was nicely adjustable under brakes. At High Speed Ring, it felt a lot more "fluid" through the corners, which was great. Sorry for the harsh review, unfortunately it didn't suit my driving style.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.9
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:15.1
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 5

HaoleHatingWRX- STi '10
Comments:
Very capable and good at making the most of what it has. The suspension wasn't my cup of tea- it felt harsh over bumps (probably exaggerated because I'd just jumped out of the big GTO), yet also lurched through the corners. The balance was possibly mild understeer, but I'm not sure because it felt a bit disconnected somehow to me. But looking past these feelings, I realised the Suby was very efficient at turning fuel and rubber into good laps.

High Speed Ring was an improvement- smooth track equals no stiff suspension problems and there was less lurching. Gearing is perfect. Unfortunately this tune wasn't my cup of tea, sorry.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:23.6
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:14.8
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 6

Ugabugaz- Miura P400
Comments:
It felt fun, but in a not-really-sure-who's-in-control kinda way. The only criticism at Autumn Ring is that traction out of the slowest corners is limited by outside wheelspin. Oversteer on demand is available, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The laptime was a complete surprise to me...

It was also on a razor's edge at High Speed Ring. Very demanding on the driver, yet also very rewarding. Slight understeer pre-apex, but once you're back on the throttle it has front grip to burn. Gearing is perfect, suspension is soft-ish yet composed and very fluid. Great work.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:22.4
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:11.7

DigitalBaka- FT-86 Concept '10
Comments:
DigitalBaka thinks this car has only a bit of understeer, but I completely disagree: it is perfectly balanced! If you're a gear too high, the front won't bite properly, but as long as you're in the lowest gear possible, it is wonderful. At Autumn Ring, it was superbly compliant over bumps, in fact I was taking lines that would have me bumping off course in other cars. This tune challenges the driver to explore the limits of grip at both ends. Fantastic drive.

At High Speed Ring it was also fantastic. The only issue is that the 2nd to 3rd gearshift is at an awkward point for the 2 slower corners (turn-in is better in 2nd but has you bashing the limiter). But if you're prepared to decisively throw it into corners, it is eager to give everything its got. Great tune.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:24.2
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.9

nomis3613
Test results!

GROUP D
Trackripper123- Ruf RGT '00
Comments:
Wonderful at Autumn Ring. Such fluid handling, perfect balance and great gearing. It can drive however you want, the handling is so versatile. My favourite part is how it rewards good throttle control- if you are too rough the rear will gently arc around, but get it right and it powers out on any line you choose.

High Speed Ring also gave nice balance, but it was a bit slow to react to transients. Also, at times there were mid-corner lurching moments. Adjustability was also excellent at High Speed Ring. Not at all a typical Ruf lift off oversteer monster, but a very enjoyable tune. Indeed it is deceptively quick.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:22.7
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.2

That's a terrific time Nomis. 👍 Glad to hear the balance I experienced at AR can be replicated by others. I know the lurching problem you're talking about at HSR, I couldn't figure out how to correct it, but oh well. :lol: Thanks for the feedback.

My post update by Cy and Adam cars , i also run 2 lap more on Onboy car and i update the lap time for it 👍

ND :dopey:

Test results!

GROUP D

Ugabugaz- Miura P400
Comments:
It felt fun, but in a not-really-sure-who's-in-control kinda way. The only criticism at Autumn Ring is that traction out of the slowest corners is limited by outside wheelspin. Oversteer on demand is available, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The laptime was a complete surprise to me...

It was also on a razor's edge at High Speed Ring. Very demanding on the driver, yet also very rewarding. Slight understeer pre-apex, but once you're back on the throttle it has front grip to burn. Gearing is perfect, suspension is soft-ish yet composed and very fluid. Great work.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:22.4
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:11.7

Thank you for the review and the smoking times you achieved, Bravo! Can't say I made the suspension soft...the springs are quite - springy but I guess it just feels that way. The outside wheelspin you speak of I'm aware of though I have to say I left it on purpose. I had the car to where I wanted it to be so I didn't want to mess something up by trying to correct that little fault plus it gives the Miura a bit of character, hehe. The razor-like quality you noticed is probably the result of the aggressive toe setup - it's very similar to how I had my LFA setup back in the Japanese Shootout.

CyKosis1973 ( ALFA ROMEO GT 3.2 V6 )
Driver Choice ( 8 out of 10 )

High Speed Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:13.519 )

Is it FF car i don't think so . The handel very well . Have understear in first corner but you can correct it . Gear is perfect but its Heavy and this is only thing make this car slow . You made a good tune on this car, i think more 20 to 40 pp it will help this car to be much litter if you add weight stages . Well Done Cy 👍

Autumn Ring :
Lap Time : ( 1:24.618 )

The same is hear and i notice that all the car had wheelspin here even my car but this one like its made to be not spin at all . But very bad that this car heavy weight champion 👍 well done again .

ND SAM :dopey:
Thanks a lot Sam, you're bang on my times in the car, so well done to you, Sir.

I had to toss a coin between weight and power, at this PP the car needed the power more. It runs better at a 500PP, with less weight and similar power, but that puts it in the sights of some very fast 500PP cars, so to be honest, it's never going to be a competitive car. However, it should be a pleasure to drive, I hope you enjoyed it 👍
I test with a DS3 and an Automatic Transmission
Ghost Replays + Youtube lap uploading available. Ask if you want either.

2) CyKosis - Tow Truck Bound Alfa

Autumn Ring: 1:23.562 (Could go .288 quicker on a composite lap)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.982 (Could go roughly .100-.200 faster)

Damn straight I want to see a sub 1:13 in a fat arsed Alfa..!! And I don't think I speak for myself alone.

I gotta ask, where you running the damned thing on ethanol..?? :mischievous:

Oh and before I forget, xDee, I took your car for a spin around Autumn Ring ... then my PS crashed ... just sayin' :sly:

{Cy}

@Cy the car is pristine so it has to be the operator!:crazy::lol:

After reading Ronalds review of my car I'm starting to think I may have really missed on my brake settings. If someone has a chance try upping the fronts to a 2 or 3 and see if that improves things please.:odd:
Not up to buying another one and breaking it in just to try different brake settings at the moment.:drool::lol:

Last edited:
Back