Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Talk about an incredible night of racing (sorry Cote...you missed a great one). Somehow we went from being spread out last week at the ring, to being nose to tail, inches away almost the entire race (for all 3 races). Great job guys.

I second that...a great night of racing. It's amazing that we can get so much close action with only 5 people on the track. Even my first race where I was battling it out to stay out of the basement was epic!!!

For anyone watching this thread but a little intimidated to join in the fun, this is such an awesome group to race with you don't know what you are missing!!!!. You don't have to be a professional driver to enjoy yourself and be competitive. We have various skill levels at every race because you pick your own car at any PP level you want with the tires chosen for the week that turns the target lap time and go racing. Don't like tuning? Don't tune. Prefer a race car with some downforce? No problem. Want to run a Rally Car? Caterham? Yellowbird? Kei Car? NSX? Ferrari? RX7? American Muscle? No problem, so long as you hit the target time with the lowest PP possible for that car with you behind the wheel.

Everyone is equal, we can all run the same lap times and no faster. Some cars handle well and have a little less power and weight like my S2000 R1 and some don't handle as well and/or are quite a bit heavier and have more power like the Corvette and Camaro. And some are in between like the NSX's this week. We can all make it to the finish line at the same time, but some corner faster and some are faster in a straight line so it makes for some very interesting racing. You pick what you want to drive so you are always comfortable racing.

Race 2, early on, about as close as three cars can get!!
autumnring3.jpg

9 or 10 laps in to Race 2 and it's still as close as it can get, with Sag taking advantage of the epic battle and running away with the race.
autumnring4f.jpg

Mike and I had an epic battle in the closing laps of race 3, thanks to this excessive blocking maneuvre by Track...lol. :sly:
autumnring5.jpg

Not very often you see 2 wide through that corner but we managed it without incident.
autumnringh.jpg

Then the battle really begun:scared:
autumnring1wr.jpg

It was intense and paint was definitely traded!! :nervous:
autumnring2.jpg

Oh, and well put about this league and what it has to offer interest drivers who may be sitting on the sidelines reading.

Round #10 Week 2 Results

Hot Lap
1. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / S2000 R1 '04 / 469pp / 1:23.503 / EDT
2. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Honda NSX Type R '02 / 496pp / 1:23.528 / CDT
3. bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA NSX Type R '02 / 500pp / 1:23.614 / EDT
4. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 / 523pp / 1:23.719 / BST
5. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Camaro SS '10 / 527pp / 1:23.730 / EDT

Race 1 (11 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Camaro SS '10 / 527pp / 1:23.730 / EDT
2nd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / S2000 R1 '04 / 469pp / 1:23.503 / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 / 523pp / 1:23.719 / BST
4th. bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA NSX Type R '02 / 500pp / 1:23.614 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Honda NSX Type R '02 / 496pp / 1:23.528 / CDT

Race 2 (11 laps)
1st. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Honda NSX Type R '02 / 496pp / 1:23.528 / CDT
2nd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Camaro SS '10 / 527pp / 1:23.730 / EDT
3rd. bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA NSX Type R '02 / 500pp / 1:23.614 / EDT
4th. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / S2000 R1 '04 / 469pp / 1:23.503 / EDT
5th. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 / 523pp / 1:23.719 / BST

Race 3 (11 laps)
1st. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / S2000 R1 '04 / 469pp / 1:23.503 / EDT
2nd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 / 523pp / 1:23.719 / BST
3rd. bender2011 / miata_1 / HONDA NSX Type R '02 / 500pp / 1:23.614 / EDT
4th. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Camaro SS '10 / 527pp / 1:23.730 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Honda NSX Type R '02 / 496pp / 1:23.528 / CDT

Nice images Johnny.

Last night was amazing, for me it was "defensive driving 101". I never realized how much fun it was to defend lap after lap, both Johnny and TB had several laps each, stuck behind me.

I second what Johnny has said, it is amazing to be able to race door to door, bumper to bumper with each other, knowing that you're going to have a clean battle. Something that comes with this clean respectful racing is an added sense of achievement when you do defend a position, or make the pass, because you have worked harder. Anyone just waiting or following this thread, I urge you to give us a shot, even if you just meet up with some of us for a practice session.

Round 11 Week 1
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1'12.908 / CDT

Round 11 Week 2
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Scion FR-S '12 / 460pp / 1'12.642 / CDT

No ABS for either this round. :)

My one complaint about recent parity races is the "slowest first" procedure for the start; its not really being respected and has become inconsequential. Might as well switch back to "fastest first" because whoever sets a representative time before the start of the first race starts at the back. I did my best to set a decent time yesterday in practice to honour the grid procedure. Posted a 24.1, slightly outside the target, and was rewarded by starting last; seemingly no one else set a representative time, or everyone cleared their times before the start. Starting position isn't really a big deal in these races, but it has become a tiresome trend recently (starting at the back because I practice normally). I figure, why bother with "slowest first" grid order anymore? It doesn't have a purpose. A "random order" grid order would be perfect for us, but PD never gave us that option.

My one complaint about recent parity races is the "slowest first" procedure for the start; its not really being respected and has become inconsequential. Might as well switch back to "fastest first" because whoever sets a representative time before the start of the first race starts at the back. I did my best to set a decent time yesterday in practice to honour the grid procedure. Posted a 24.1, slightly outside the target, and was rewarded by starting last; seemingly no one else set a representative time, or everyone cleared their times before the start. Starting position isn't really a big deal in these races, but it has become a tiresome trend recently (starting at the back because I practice normally). I figure, why bother with "slowest first" grid order anymore? It doesn't have a purpose. A "random order" grid order would be perfect for us, but PD never gave us that option.

I don't think it is people purposely trying to cheat the system into a pole, plus some people (me in particular) don't always get into the lounge until the last minute. The only reason I put it on slowest first is to try and create an artificial reverse grid order. For next week we can try it on fastest first. As this series has more than proved itself I can't see any reason why changing it should be bad.

I understand what Sag is saying, but agree with Mike that I don't believe anything is intentional. Guys go in and out, do some "watching", etc. I haven't been taking notice of where I am in qualifying and where I start. With the smaller fields, starting position just doesn't matter much to me. I am good with a change though.

Since Sag seems to be the only one affected by the starting order for race one, I agree with everyone else that we should change it to his satisfaction. Sorry I missed an other fantastic Monday event, great to see so much anthousiasm about our parity racing. I will race you all next Monday.

I don't think anyone is doing it intentionally, it's just what has started to happen. Not really a big deal, but something to take note of.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how old (or young) you guys are? It would be nice to know what range of ages we have in our small group.

I'm 23.

I'm 24.

I'll have to resubmit my FR-S time next week as the next game update is said to alter (increase) drag for cars with high wing settings. That might slow down my car.

I'm 24.

I'll have to resubmit my FR-S time next week as the next game update is said to alter (increase) drag for cars with high wing settings. That might slow down my car.

I can't wait to see how they have improved the G27 clutch.

I am 33, going on 7. Pretty sure Johnny and Miata are older, not sure about Cote.

I did send 4 PM's to some race buddies regarding checking out our little group. Hoping to see at least 1 or 2 of them try it out (that is all it will take...they will be hooked).

TrackBound7
I am 33, going on 7. Pretty sure Johnny and Miata are older, not sure about Cote.

I did send 4 PM's to some race buddies regarding checking out our little group. Hoping to see at least 1 or 2 of them try it out (that is all it will take...they will be hooked).

Got your PM, and sent a PM to Mike with a couple of questions... You'll probably start seeing me around here in the near future.

On another note, pretty sure I will be in the Shelby Series One for round 1, and the RUF RGT for round 2. The Shelby is pushing me to practice my heel/toe. This track is definitely frustrating to time trial on just because of the lack of heat in the tires for the first couple of laps. JP was right about needing to get to lap 4 or 5 before considering your time. Unfortunately each time I adjust my PP, I am still too fast by then and have to start over. As always though, looking forward to Monday.

Didn't realize you could have as much fun as we have when you are that old :).

As you can see in my profile not to old to enjoy track days on my bike either, this picture was in 2011 at Calabogie Motorpark. Age is how you fill, I fill great :)

Last edited:
With the disable collision in the new update, does that mean that we wlll be able to race closer than ever or is it useless as racing against ghosts makes no sense?

Cote Dazur
With the disable collision in the new update, does that mean that we wlll be able to race closer than ever or is it useless as racing against ghosts makes no sense?

I don't think it will work for us, because if it works as I believe by ghosting everyone all the time, it negates close racing. It would then become a pure hotlap contest.

Round 11 Week 1
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / TVR T350C '03 / 479pp / 1'12.908 / CDT

Round 11 Week 2
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Scion FR-S '12 / 460pp / 1'12.642 / CDT

No ABS for either this round. :)

Sag, I have been doing some testing and found out that when I am using the clutch on that track ( I have no doubt that this is also true, with time variation, for any track ) I am about a second an second and a half slower than when I am shifting sequential from the paddle. Have you done those pp/time with shifter or paddles and have noticed the same difference for your time?
For the record I am almost 100% racing with Clutch except if the car is supposed to be Paddles, but I usualy choose a car with a shifter.

Last edited:
Week 11 event 1

Cote Dazur/cotedazur06/Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II touring car '92/ 520PP/ 1'12.645/edt

That picture is awesome Cote.

Just my assumption of that collision avoidance thing, is that it would stink about as bad as the penalties do...cars going ghost anytime you are even near them. We have never had a problem with collisions.

I am with you Cote on the clutch. I enjoy racing with it so much more than the paddles. I do get royally pissed though when I miss a shift (usually happens when I am about to pass or about to get passed and need every millisecond).

Glad to see NC posted over here. I have raced with NC pretty much since the start of my GT5 career. We have had many intense and close battles in the Capp Cup, ORCA, and some kart racing (about 40 laps straight if I remember correctly). Great competitor, very clean, and would make for a perfect addition to the group.

Back