PURE | SPEC || Triplets ||| SuperSic is the Spec racing champion

• Thread starter Dr_Watson
  • 469 comments

What is your preferred start time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dr_Watson
feel free to hop in for the last two... we've regularly had 6+ open holes on the grid the last couple. really only about 11 in the full-time championship hunt. without veloci and wardez we could use more gt-academy on the grid. ;)

i definitely would join in if i could but that time slot on a Saturday Im at work.

Regardless, it definitely was going to be a long shot to try and pull out a ~10 second gap to Tony by the end (even if we were bump drafting throughout)...

tony was hauling ass. was the only one to get an 11 after running enough 12.1-ish laps catching up to tow my slow pace down into the 12.4's ... all while breaking draft to me in about 3 laps. :lol: ... maniac. 👍

---

btw... after much deliberation while I was recording no-budget theater for the last 2 weeks I'm making a change to Bull Fights in two weeks.
It's too much monza; so I'm going to go Italy, Spain, then neutral Belgium putting the Aventador on Spa. After quick testing it's going to make a much better race.

I did have a question though... coming with the "good" Aston made it a really popular DLC; but I'm curious if it's really popular enough to use. Am I going to exclude a bunch of people by using it? If that's the case I could sub in a GT3 style "Super Trofeo" tuned up Gallardo.

Last edited:
I did have a question though... coming with the "good" Aston made it a really popular DLC; but I'm curious if it's really popular enough to use. Am I going to exclude a bunch of people by using it? If that's the case I could sub in a GT3 style "Super Trofeo" tuned up Gallardo.
Aston, please. :)

Did some testing with the Ferrari. That rear end loves to kick out, even with 2/0 brake bias. Managed a 1:18.949, but the idea of driving this car in draft conditions... :crazy:

As for the Jag, the one I have is fully broken in, so I need some PP numbers. Did a 1:34.053 with power @ 98%, but with past history in mind, I'll be finishing last here.

Haven't done the 'Ring yet, although I'm snakebit there anyways.

All I know is next weekend will be "Crashout Mayhem" starring me. :lol:

Last edited:
Aston, please. :)

haha... no it's going to be the Aventador (if you have one you have them both) unless it would mess things up by causing people to drop the last race. Though I don't want to go the race-prepped road as it would mess up the tuning prohibited.

So... 99.9999% not changing, just need to know if the 10-12 people we have in the full-time points hunt are going to get shafted by the DLC car.

---

also good point about the xj13... everyone ok with just breaking that car in? I wouldn't want people to have to buy a 2nd 20 million credit car when we can just have that be the only car that we use "run-in".

thoughts?

Doesn't matter either way.

BTW, 8:49.163 at the 'Ring. Took me four times just to get beyond Aremberg without crashing. :dunce:

haha... at least anything under 9m and you're trying.
SL is awesome in-car btw.

So... 99.9999% not changing, just need to know if the 10-12 people we have in the full-time points hunt are going to get shafted by the DLC car.

---

also good point about the xj13... everyone ok with just breaking that car in? I wouldn't want people to have to buy a 2nd 20 million credit car when we can just have that be the only car that we use "run-in".

thoughts?

Have the Aventador - no problem here.

Break in is ok for the Jag in my opinion, as I have it broken in anyway. I would have tried using a restoration ticket to make it a virgin again. But if I don't have to "waste" one of those, that's even better.

Oh, dammit! I just saw that the SL on the Nordschleife is the last race in this week's triplet. Quali-run on the Ring would have been nice, because you would have one shot only in a 10-minute qualification-session. :sly:

Oh, dammit! I just saw that the SL on the Nordschleife is the last race in this week's triplet. Quali-run on the Ring would have been nice, because you would have one shot only in a 10-minute qualification-session. :sly:

I know we have some fast guys but you would need one heck of an out lap and flyer to make even 1 timed lap in only 10 minutes :sly:

I don't have the DLC Lambo but I'll be getting it.

I know we have some fast guys but you would need one heck of an out lap and flyer to make even 1 timed lap in only 10 minutes :sly:

I don't have the DLC Lambo but I'll be getting it.

Well, in fact, you'd have to just make it across the line after your out-lap inside of 10 minutes - then you can finish the lap you're on. :)

Would make for one long quali-session though...

ok... seems like most of the major players have the DLC. 👍
* updated the track in the OP to swap Monza for Spa
* aventador will stay

* we will be using a broken in XJ13 for race 5.2 so put 200 miles on that kitty.. I'll post "official" power in the usual shakedown graphics.

* Also as an FYI my wedding anniversary is on Thursday so I'll be doing shakedown on Wednesday this week.

I'm sorry I wasn't in any kind of competitive spirit this saturday. In fact my spirit hit the lowest point in this year... But, much better now, so pls no worries :)

Bull fights will be a blast :cool:

I'm sorry I wasn't in any kind of competitive spirit this saturday. In fact my spirit hit the lowest point in this year... But, much better now, so pls no worries :)

Bull fights will be a blast :cool:

Everyone has a bad week. And Saturday was the most stressful thing on the calendar. Glad your feeling better 👍

Hey guys, sorry I've been awol since round 1. I didn't pay my internet bill for the last month so I've been in the dark ages. I'll be back this saturday though.

Nice work Tim. 👍 These videos must take quite a while to put together I'd imagine!

Nice work Tim. 👍 These videos must take quite a while to put together I'd imagine!

I've got the process down to about 2 hours each. But they're fun to do so it's no big deal. Recently I actually started to wonder if I made this series to race in or to generate content for cool videos. :D

I skipped the Ferrari 430 though, after the first 4 laps it's pretty much a parade so I got 8 minutes into building the story-board shot list and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Though one spread out time-trial of a race isn't too bad considering 11 of the 12 so far were very close. I think Motegi just tends to do that though... it only creates two kinds of races. Really close battles at every hairpin or a spread out procession as the small mistakes at different points of the track break draft on the straights.

I have everything filmed from Saturday though, just need to cut those together.

Recently I actually started to wonder if I made this series to race in or to generate content for cool videos. :D

:lol: 👍 I appreciate your efforts and I think I speak on behalf of everyone on that one. :)

Looking forward to last weeks.

As for this week I might only make the first and second race.

Good videos again, 2 hours great considering how much time it must take to capture/cut/render everything.
Are you still doing the shakedown tonight? I'll be breaking in my jag.
I have to goals for this series now:
1) Get a podium
2) Catch back up to you in points :mischievous:

Good videos again, 2 hours great considering how much time it must take to capture/cut/render everything.
Are you still doing the shakedown tonight? I'll be breaking in my jag.
I have to goals for this series now:
1) Get a podium
2) Catch back up to you in points :mischievous:

Yeah, takes about an hour to watch the replay going back and forth looking for action and story-boarding out the camera cuts. Then I hit record and go through the replay in one pass pausing and changing car focus according to the story-board. That's actually quite a time saver when it comes to editing. I can motor through the cutting room process quite quickly since I'm just hacking out the pause-points (which are easy to spot on the audio track) and putting in appropriate transitions. So that's about a 30 min process, then 30 min in photoshop making the title cards, slap some music on there and move on.

I wasn't counting render or upload time though since that happens in the background while I'm sleeping and stuff. My PC is a 5 year old Core2 2.4 running at 3.8 w/ 4G of memory. So it's about 20-40 minutes for each encoding job. Then 90m to 2 hours of youtube upload...

About shakedown...
Yeah, I want to watch the cockfigh... err.. presidential debate later in the evening. So I'll be popping on the ps3 as soon as I get out of work.
The billies are running my jag round the indy 500 right now. Poor guys are on a losing mission there... probably be 50 miles behind by the end of it. :lol:

Last edited:
About shakedown...
Yeah, I want to watch the cockfigh... err.. presidential debate later in the evening. So I'll be popping on the ps3 as soon as I get out of work.

I'm doing the same, I just can't decide on a good brand of popcorn...

shakedown.png

Room:closed​

shakedown5.jpg

Rome | 512BB '76 | S1
  1. 1:19.603 - Dr_Watson

Monaco | XJ13 Race Car '66 | R1
  1. 1:34.798 - Dr_Watson
  2. 1:34.936 - carracerptp

Nordschleife | 300 SL Coupe '54 | C3
  1. 8:51.010 - carracerptp
  2. 8:57.221 - Dr_Watson

Last edited:
I did one more lap as the debate started: 8:49.959, I overshot the last turn and had to slow down big time and creep around the corner, I was good for a 48.5 or better before that. I would think race pace will be 45s.

I did one more lap as the debate started: 8:49.959, I overshot the last turn and had to slow down big time and creep around the corner, I was good for a 48.5 or better before that. I would think race pace will be 45s.

Yeah, I kept locking up into aremberg. Never got a clean pass. :/

Rome | 512BB '76 | S1
  1. 1:19.603 - Dr_Watson

Monaco | XJ13 Race Car '66 | R1
  1. 1:34.798 - Dr_Watson
  2. 1:34.936 - carracerptp

Nordschleife | 300 SL Coupe '54 | C3
  1. 8:51.010 - carracerptp
  2. 8:57.221 - Dr_Watson
Did some late night testing. Got the Ferrari down to a 1:18.5, and got more consistent with the first sector. Last part's still a dog, though.

The extra power for the Jag made me .2 slower... and crash every other lap. :dunce:

eek... 18.* is flying.

I was having all my trouble getting through the tight right onto the back-straight without braking waaaaay too early. Really tricky to get it to settle down and turn in without sliding.

Little more power or not, that jag is still magical. It's even better on the new tire model. There was a lot more power-on oversteer in 2.07.

I'm gonna grab some practice if anyone's around, room number in a few minutes.
1472 6681 3200 9595 0426

Last edited:
eek... 18.* is flying.
I'm sure the aliens will be in 17s. :crazy:
I was having all my trouble getting through the tight right onto the back-straight without braking waaaaay too early. Really tricky to get it to settle down and turn in without sliding.
Yeah, that one's tricky. You can gain a lot of time if you drift through there right, but at the cost of those rear tires.

Back