GTP_WRS Online : Saturday Attack - Next Event TBD

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 276 comments
Fun races today guys. Had great wheel to wheel action with Dennis, Bernie, Christophe, and Ren. It's close racing like this that keeps me coming back for more :D.

Yeah that was some close racing we had there tonight. 👍

Here are the results, congrats Dennis and Bernie!

20_10_2012_zps719c0503.png

Last edited:
Congratz to the podium guys, Bernie and Chris well done 👍 This was a great week of racing for me. A really nice combo, one that suits me very well. Had some great close battles last night. Sorry for some of the love bumps. Haven't had close battles in months, so have to get used to it again. And for the first time in months, sweat was running down back during those battles. So thanks for letting me sweat guys :lol:

I had a blast 👍

Congratz to the podium guys, Bernie and Chris well done 👍 This was a great week of racing for me. A really nice combo, one that suits me very well. Had some great close battles last night. Sorry for some of the love bumps. Haven't had close battles in months, so have to get used to it again. And for the first time in months, sweat was running down back during those battles. So thanks for letting me sweat guys :lol:

I had a blast 👍

Yeah, it was big fun last night. Even tough I didn't have a lot of practice, I was suprised that my pace wasn't that bad.

Congratz to Dennis for his incredibile pace and of course also to the other podium winners.
Looking forward to the next Attack race 👍

What that Adj Time should tell us in 2nd race result? Because now its same time as Actual time.

Yeah, that column was used in the previous bonus system, where every spot at the finish was rewarded with bonuspoints.
Now all bonus points are calculated at the end.

The registrationtable has been reset for next week and so sign ups are open again for Saturday Oct 27.

Just signed up for the saturday races, hopefully I will do better there than in the online event :)

See you on track :gtpflag:

We'll be doing 2 x 14 laps in the Zonda for the Saturday Attack races.

Once the SA is done I'd suggest we do a 'Last Man Standing' race and see who can manage their tyres the longest in this beast.
I'll set the race to 25laps and taking a pitstop is not allowed.
You drop off when your tyres are gone or when you get lapped.

One question for the Last Man Standing race, to TCS or not to TCS? :mischievous:

We'll be doing 2 x 14 laps in the Zonda for the Saturday Attack races.

Once the SA is done I'd suggest we do a 'Last Man Standing' race and see who can manage their tyres the longest in this beast.
I'll set the race to 25laps and taking a pitstop is not allowed.
You drop off when your tyres are gone or when you get lapped.

One question for the Last Man Standing race, to TCS or not to TCS? :mischievous:

In a tire management race TCS should be forced off... unfortunately I can't make the race Saturday so my vote is at best a "hanging chad."

Not too fussed whether it is allowed or not. For the NA race I had TCS on 5(Kept reverting back each time I left lounge), I didn't notice it was on until 3/4 race distace. I'll vote off though.

25 laps might be too little - may i propose to set it to 30 laps :)
Laps depends of if you want to get someone to the finish line or everyone have their tires gone before the finish line.
No TCS, no ABS (or may be this one), no driving line = no helpers at all.
I'll do some testing...

Last edited:
I'd vote TC off, its going to be hard to hit over 20 laps in this I think.

Yeah, I thought the same Paul, and even if someone makes it for 25 laps, at least he gets the checkered flag. :dopey:

The main lounge is open for warmup! :)

Daniel and Jon are already here.

Sorry, guys. Stayed up too late last night and went for "Last Man Sleeping" instead :dunce:

No problem Ren, maybe next time. :)

Here are the results of the SA Races,

27_10_12SA.png

And here are the results of the LMS Race,

27_10_12LMS.png

Pekka's tyres ran out in the very last straight towards the finish and Daniel actually still had some rubber left but I saw he was starting to spin a lot.

I'll make a graph of everyone's laptimes from the LMS Race just to see how everyone tried to conserve their tyres along the race. :)

Pekka's tyres ran out in the very last straight towards the finish and Daniel actually still had some rubber left but I saw he was starting to spin a lot.

I'll make a graph of everyone's laptimes from the LMS Race just to see how everyone tried to conserve their tyres along the race. :)

Was a fun one :)
You´re right speedy, had some rubber left, but the car somehow stopped to turn in lap 23. Started to spin quite a lot and decided to park my car, before ruining someones race. Looking at the average lap time I wasn´t so bad, but I suspect that I took the oval a few times to fast maybe.

Last edited:
Hopefully I can make this weekends races, though I may be late for the start of the first. I really enjoyed the little time I had on this combo during the EU practice and really want to race it.

The GMT time has been adjusted to fit EU wintertime. US'ers and AU'ers should look at the current link to make sure.
Don't know when AU'ers change time (or if you guys even change time at all) but I do know the US'ers change to wintertime that same night of the oncoming SA Races.

Table's reset and signups are open for coming Saturday Nov 3. :)

Signed up for the Attack races, was soo much fun yesteday in the online event, got to race this Toyota 86GT again.

I won't be able to make the Saturday race, even though I'm really interested in running the combo again.

4 more weeks and I'll be able to join in on Saturdays. Notre Dame's undefeated season is more important to me. :D

Just to make sure everyone's on the same page, here's a countdown for the SA start.
Lounge will be open with about 1 hour on the timer.

img.php

We are still in the lounge with 8 people. Feel free to join for some good fun. 👍

Great racing today guys.👍 I wish I would have tried Chris's setup before the power limiter race. It was definitely faster for me compared to the first two races but I made more mistakes just not being used to how the car would handle.

Really interesting day with not being able to see Speedy and not realizing it until after the first race when he told me I traded paint with him as we finished the race.:crazy: The second race was even more interesting as he's trying to communicate to me where we were in relation to eachother on the track.:lol: Very difficult to race hard and not take him out when he is sandwiched between me and another car in a close space. Somehow we did it.👍

These races were way too much fun to just stick with the SA Races.
We did about 4 extra reverse grid races with some power limiting according to Division. Great idea there Pekka! 👍

It was indeed pretty interesting once we knew you couldn't see me and I could see you Scott. :crazy: :)

Congrats Jon on your overall win!

3_11_2012SA.png

Was so much fun guys, enjoyed every race of it, even the last one with a broken engine and the need to pit :) was able to get to Wes after the much needed pitstop and battled with him for the last 3 - 4 laps, great fun.

Those low powered cars aroung GVS are fantastic and deliver very close racing.

Congratulation to Jon for a very consistent pace and the overall win.

I signed up at 40%.

There is a 60% chance of rain. If it rains it has to rain enough and at the right time so I'm guessing 40%.

Would be fun to do a last man standing race after the attack with the tire wear on very fast to see how that would work.

Back