PURE | JGTS2-Congratulations to champions tony1311 and team Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 4,065 comments
Nice write ups Alex and Dom. 👍

So no need to evaluate around the HSV?
Is it good to go?

Any other concerns regarding the selection before we set the specs in stone?

Btw Eddie, the specs sheet in the OP list the BANDAI @ 612 PP, but it should be 610 PP. 👍

Yea can these two races count as my audition also?

I will gladly do a new if u guys say soo:)

Cheers Kevin

You get 👍👍 from me Kev. I've taken a look at the replay and like what I see. Not sure if I can give you the official green light, but that is my opinion.

If Nige says "👍", it's 👍

So no problem Kevin. Welcome! :cheers:

Nissan Z
"The Beast"
A beast, through and through, next to the Supra in quickness, but faster top end, also the hardest car in the field to drive.
If you can handle it, it may be the quickest car in the field at a couple tracks this season.
Just like the Supra, the weakness is difficulty driving and tuning.
...and that's a big if. I don't think I'm getting enough out of it on cold tires, since I can't get the power down on exits. On the flip side, wear's going to be either equal or on power tracks, shifted to the rear. It works well on the long run, unless the rear starts kicking loose with even a sliver of throttle. :nervous:

The GTR's look frightening fast, and the wear rate I saw from Tony was scary. Then again, everyone else seems to be chewing up the fronts.

Rich, don't compare anything with Tony.. :lol:

It's pretty quiet from the A room. How did it go?

Here's the results from room B:
Race 1 (GVS):
6B0B7B62-4105-4CE4-95F8-0014D638433F-3371-000004FB4951DD7F.jpg

Race 2 (Indy):
9666F091-902F-49D1-BA41-2D33B6EFD3C3-3371-000004FB4E17B1E9.jpg

Last edited:
Nice write ups Alex and Dom. 👍

So no need to evaluate around the HSV?
Is it good to go?

Any other concerns regarding the selection before we set the specs in stone?

Btw Eddie, the specs sheet in the OP list the BANDAI @ 612 PP, but it should be 610 PP. 👍
The single concern I have is the Motul.
If we have enough drivers that like it it's not a problem, but personally I'd never choose it in a million years with those slightly better GTR's sitting there.

...and that's a big if. I don't think I'm getting enough out of it on cold tires, since I can't get the power down on exits. On the flip side, wear's going to be either equal or on power tracks, shifted to the rear. It works well on the long run, unless the rear starts kicking loose with even a sliver of throttle. :nervous:

The GTR's look frightening fast, and the wear rate I saw from Tony was scary. Then again, everyone else seems to be chewing up the fronts.
I need to learn the new wear, before 2.08 with my setups I ran today, the rears would have been killed long before the fronts.

I like it.. If I don't get the HSV (trade lotto or whatever), I'll probably go with the MOTUL. :)

Denilson
I like it.. If I don't get the HSV (trade lotto or whatever), I'll probably go with the MOTUL. :)

I'm so on the fence with the HSV. the ease of drive makes me want to use it. The lack of beast makes me want a GTR or Nismo Z, Love TQ!

The GVS race for me was competitive in the mid-pack and might have went too far on the first run to pit. Indy on the other hand, I ruined Outlaw and mine own races by tapping him hard enough to damage us both in turn one.

I'm so on the fence with the HSV. the ease of drive makes me want to use it. The lack of beast makes me want a GTR or Nismo Z, Love TQ!

Ok, so you want to trade once I know if I got the Z or GT-R? ;)

I'm pretty much setting my sights on the Z, since I don't want to figure out how to tune a different car. :lol:

That's what's happened to me with the Supra. I read it's supposed to be hard to tune and drive, yet I'm slower with the other cars I've tried :lol: . That's because I'm used to it I guess!

I still have no idea which car to run this time around :crazy:

Hoping to get some final testing in tonight and decide from there, but they're all an option for me right now, except the HSV and the Motul. Decisions, decisions :D

Think I'll be the first to post a Fuji lap time:

1:37.272 with the Z (rear downforce @ 60)
1:37.972 with the Sard Lexus (rear downforce @ 60)

There's a 36 in there, if I could only carry speed through Sector 2.

Last edited:
Interesting Rich.

But is'nt that a 37?
It was a long time since I raced at Fuji, but I think we reached in to the 1:3X back then. I could be wrong though..

I want to stay with team Lexus in the Denso SC430 for another season, unless Honda gives me an offer...

BTW I'm assuming Fuji is 44 laps, based on my maths, give or take a lap I guess.(44 sounds familiar)

Interesting Rich.

But is'nt that a 37?
It was a long time since I raced at Fuji, but I think we reached in to the 1:3X back then. I could be wrong though..
You are correct, sir. 👍

Gonna see if I can test out the Sard Lexus next.

Guess I was the only red 430 that came out.
Could feel the lack of front aero (especially in the last bit of Indy and the high-speed esses @ GVS) and it's not as much screaming fun with the turbo as it was last year when we dabbled with the Engine3 NA tune.

I warmed up in my lounge tuning it for the first time based on the Petronas I drove at the Motegi spot race with some adjustments here and there. Only real complaint with the slap-on tune was that I underestimated top gear and was bouncing @ 185 in the draft on Indy. Definitely quick in the race but seems to not really have any legs in qualifying out-right-pace.

Nothing really wrong with it IMO. Had some fun dicing with GT-Rs and wasn't totally blown out at GVS, just ended up being collected in a 1st lap spin up the road (it handled ok with 3 heavily damaged wheels and a blown engine) so I never really got to race anyone there.

outlaw4rc
Think I'll be the first to post a Fuji lap time:

1:37.272 with the Z (rear downforce @ 60)
1:37.972 with the Sard Lexus (rear downforce @ 60)

There's a 36 in there, if I could only carry speed through Sector 2.

Just to give everyone a target, last week Aderrrm ran a 1:35.8 in the HSV.

Just to give everyone a target, last week Aderrrm ran a 1:35.8 in the HSV.
Yeah, I'm not running that. :lol:

I barely broke a 36 today after running far too many laps, but I'm more in the low to mid 37.s. Fuji's like a fast version for Monaco for me. I just don't understand how to drive it. :dunce:

The car selection pm's are going out today (Oct. 15th) for every one to fill in and return.

One thing to note is that the form is going to be completed on ournwebsite, so be sure you're registered to get a leg up on the process. Pure.gate19.net

outlaw4rc
Yeah, I'm not running that. :lol:

I barely broke a 36 today after running far too many laps, but I'm more in the low to mid 37.s. Fuji's like a fast version for Monaco for me. I just don't understand how to drive it. :dunce:

The best I have managed is a 37.7. 36's are just way out of my league. I don't know how you guys go so fast.

@wardez Cheers Eddie, great job 👍

Last edited:
Well im glad everyone here isnt an alien , makes me feel like a half decent driver

Fuji testing tonight produced the following results for me:

Calsonic GTR - 1'36.4
Z - 1'36.5
Supra - 1'36.6
Bandai - 1'36.6
Tom's SC430 - 1'37.1 (Couldn't figure it out)

Doesn't help me much in the picking process :indiff:

Back