PURE | JGTS2-Congratulations to champions tony1311 and team Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 4,065 comments
I think he's asking if he (and anyone else that wants to) can give up the HSV and pick a different car, like Adam.

I'm not going to use the HSV ..... but I think it need more PP.
I tried it, and I think it needs 598-599.

Is it OK to reduce downforce. I was running full but I not sure its the way to go if legal.

Great racing. Had a blast. Ended up driving half of the indy race with two flat tires. No bad incidents, just an oversensitive GT5. At GVS I had hugh front tire wear issues. Good pace on fresh though.

Yep, you can reduce aero, but you cannot add power to make the pp back up to spec'.

GT5 did seem sensitive today, as I got some right rear damage from a very small tap at Indy, which is the last thing the Z needed, lol. We had 2 pretty good races in room A and the following cars looked reasonably well matched - GTR's/Z/Bandai Direzza. Didn't run around the Denso SC430, Supra or HSV really so hard to say, although the HSV didn't fair too well in both races for qualifying and race, but we do have a strong group of drivers too.

Good racing in room A today guys and I was surprised to see the Z make it on one stop at GVS, especially as we did 2 more laps than we should have ;)

I will say, the GTR's looked very 'Strong' throughout :)

if someone who was chosen the lottery do not want to ride with, I want to ride in HSV :)

RIP_Welsh_Don
What do you think the HSV needed Jeff? More power, more aero, both?

Honestly I'm not sure it does. I've gotta remember the class of drivers I'm chasing and factor that in.

How did the other HSV drivers do?

Hi guys.

Had 2 pretty awfull races, my own fault.

And again im sorry for first lap at GVS. Someone spun infront and i couldnt
see the edge off track so i went off too...

Denso is good i think but i think it lacks some power but its drivable.
I allways love enduroes so personally i could have gone with
more laps.

About performance off other cars, most seemed quicker than me;P

Cheers Kevin

Last edited:
Good racing in room A today guys and I was surprised to see the Z make it on one stop at GVS, especially as we did 2 more laps than we should have ;)
Pitting? That didn't even cross my mind with the Z. Could've run another 10 laps if I wanted to.

Just looked at the wear. Tony's tires was better than mine! We're doomed! :eek:
GT5 did seem sensitive today, as I got some right rear damage from a very small tap at Indy, which is the last thing the Z needed
I can attest to that! :lol:

Dom did great in it at Indy. Finished 3rd.. 0.0?? behind Jason.
Was a strong performance.

I did'nt try the HSV, but we did discuss around 598 PP as well.. So it's not unlikely that we do turn it up a tad.
However, to do that we need information.. So shoot! 👍

My own performance was decent.. Had a great battle with Rich and Dom for the first 7 laps at GVS. Decided to make an early pit.. Problem was that the guys I was chasing did'nt.. :banghead:
Ended up 4th or 5th iirc which was pretty good concidering my poor decition of making a pit stop.

Indy was great. Lost it out of T11 on lap 4 while in a pack with Dom and Josh for 2nd.. Then I never got back in the groove, and was caught up by a fast Jason who dropped a few spots due to swerving to save Rich. Good sportsman! 👍

Z, GT-R, SC430, SUPRA are imo perfect..
Still not sure about the HSV..
If someone want to trade it (after final decition regarding PP level), I'd be happy to give up my car.. Probably a GT-R or SC430.

Race 1: Went wide after turn 2, lost control an nosed it into the wall. Just wasn't impressed with the tune Rich gave me. Sorry Rich. :P

Race 2: Eddie saved the day with a great tune from Dom? I think. Totally transformed the car on entry. Still a bit free on exit though. Happy with a podium finish.👍

Edit - My results screen said I finished P3 in race 2.

Pitting? That didn't even cross my mind with the Z. Could've run another 10 laps if I wanted to.

I didn't pit with the Z in either race and didn't need to either, however by the end of lap 23 at GVS (yes 23), my lap times were down to 1'51.5 I think.

Anyway, we all know you're a tyre saving machine now anyway 👍

On the HSV debate. I believe it needs 599pp, as it seems only the Aliens can really find it's true potential and as none of them are driving one, I think this should help :)

Last edited:
My results screen also said I was 2nd...

I thought the HSV did very well and seems right about par.
The Motul... just seems a bit sluggish constantly. I also have to wonder if my tire wear wasn't affected, my fronts weren't living a long life at GVS before my off.

For the record I will gladly take the HSV for the season at current spec, ftw. If someone doesn't want theirs, of course. :)

Dom and Jason: I thought I did recall who was 2nd and 3rd, but I obviously got it backwards. What I do remember is that the gap was like nothing.. 0,0??

My results screen also said I was 2nd...

I thought the HSV did very well and seems right about par.
The Motul... just seems a bit sluggish constantly. I also have to wonder if my tire wear wasn't affected, my fronts weren't living a long life at GVS before my off.
You got 2nd. .779 vs .786. Will post pic. 👍

Is it OK to reduce downforce. I was running full but I not sure its the way to go if legal.

Great racing. Had a blast. Ended up driving half of the indy race with two flat tires. No bad incidents, just an oversensitive GT5. At GVS I had hugh front tire wear issues. Moved breakbalance to 1/9 in the race just to make it to the finish. Good pace on fresh though.
Yes. No extra power in it's place, of course.

I ran 40/50 aero in GVS race in the Motul GT-R @ 602PP. It's the front aero that really dictates cornering speed.

outlaw
You got 2nd. .779 vs .786.
It was soooo close I was wondering if my timer was correct even in the race room. :lol:

I burned my tires up trying to get away from Josh, then catching him after a slight off, only to see Jason(who I had thought was "just" Dennis) come storming up like a bat out of hell, and of course, I braked late and went wide in the final true corner, giving him my draft. :scared:
At least I could see you in race 2. :) I'd like to see the replay of race 1 if someone could though, see what/how we did this...:boggled:

Yeah, something like that. My position changed to 2nd as I crossed the line. Would have finished there if Josh would have let me go after I passed him the first time. :P

I have to say, first of all, that I hadn't driven with my wheel for around two weeks, and I did not have time to drive the Supra at GVS or Indy before today. Of course, Indy I had driven on last season, but GVS with the Supra, it was my first run today (as it's not a track I do very often anyway). Therefore, I had a couple of quick laps to qualify, and did well enough. I was using my "Old Tune" car, which uses the 2011 setup that I used in JGTS 1. 1:48.0 was my best lap, draft-free, and my first stint was decent. However, once I lost touch with a guy in front, I sort of lost the consistence, and started making tiny mistakes (like running wide on corner once or twice, etc. Nothing major) which made me lose time until Eddie caught me and easily pulled away. I tried to go on with my pace, in order to get used to the car and everything. After the pit stops, I was ahead of Dom, and tried to hold him off, but my pace was not enough and he was able to overtake me on the first corner of the last lap and that was it. 7th is by no means a bad result, but I was left a bit disappointed. I felt I could have done a bit better if I knew the track more (not that I don't know it, it's just I haven't driven enough there to be as fast as my skills would allow), and also the fact I hadn't tested earlier today (ran into some trouble and could not get into GT5 until 15m to Green.

The second race, I did it with my "New Tune" car, which uses a new 2012 setup that I was hoping would be faster. During next week I'll be doing more testing at Fuji, but the thing is while the car FELT good, the laptimes were awful. I was having a hard time at hitting mid 29s (Can't remember what my fastest lap was anyway) despite the fact the car now has a few more hp and more aero, and my fastest lap last year was 1:29.0. Logically speaking, today I should have been able to hit around 1:28.5 or 1:28.6, I felt. The problem with my "2012 tune" is that first gear is really short, and since I use automatic (I know, I know, but I really can't get used to manual here. Not yet at least), the two low speed hairpins were tackled in 2nd gear, which meant my car did not steer enough, and did not have enough "beef" at low rpm. Also, when it did kick in, it was too strong, and a bit difficult to control. I'm wondering if my "old tune" could have been quicker, but I wanted to try them both. At least I've gathered important information about the "new car" (here's hoping I'll be able to use it during the regular season!), and will be able to use this tune only in certain tracks, while I'll probably stick to my old one for most of the series (although there is always a chance I may use new tune with old gear settings, testing has to be conducted!). The race itself went relatively well because I knew about the car's problems at the hairpins already, and was able to compensate it, somehow. That's how I was able to be 6th for most of the race and lose it to Eddie during the 2nd half. Tried to follow him but made a couple of mistakes that, while not major, made me lose some time. 7th again is not bad, especially considering it's 24 seconds from 2nd place, but again I felt there was more untapped potential.

In general I'm satisfied with today's results, because I feel they were not bad but mainly because I feel (truth or not, I don't know) that more can still be achieved with more testing. And if the new setup + old gears is truly better, then it could even get a bit better. Even so, I felt I was driving closer today to some drivers that were rather far away during my first season of JGTS, so that seems like an improvement. Can't complain, but I do want to go faster!

10ihwso.jpg
nqp1g.jpg

I haven't tried messing with the aero yet. Had it on full for both races.
The problem with my "2012 tune" is that first gear is really short, and since I use automatic (I know, I know, but I really can't get used to manual here. Not yet at least), the two low speed hairpins were tackled in 2nd gear, which meant my car did not steer enough, and did not have enough "beef" at low rpm. Also, when it did kick in, it was too strong, and a bit difficult to control.
Had the same problem. I ended up making 1st really tall, which worked okay for the first chicane but not the 2nd.

Just wanted to know if today's races counted as an audition and was my driving satisfactory??

Hey man, you're good to go with us. Very good, smart, driving.

You'll stick around.

Since we're headed into car selection right now, after countless hours behind the wheel of these cars, examining performance changes and differing characteristics, I'm doing a small write-up on each car, maybe it'll be of use to someone.

Honda HSV
"The New Gun"
This car will reward you with great lap times, but you'll have to push just as hard as with any other cars, most of the driving ease is in the neutral balance and 9/10ths driving.
I expect it to be a bit slower on tight tracks and a bit faster on longer tracks, particularly due to it's amazing high-speed acceleration.
Weakness is being made a touch slower for ease of use.

Nissan GT-R
"Old God"
Not incredibly unlike the HSV at all, need we forget everything we've said about the HSV this year, we said about the GT-R last year.
Great handling, on par acceleration coupled with the second highest top speed at spec makes this a serious weapon.
Weakness is being made a touch slower for ease of use.

Lexus SC430
"Underrated Champion"
Doesn't get the appreciation it deserves due to a large amount of understeer in stock form. Tune this bad boy and run neck and neck with the GT-R, a touch more grip, quicker acceleration mid-range, worse high-speed vs the GT-R. An excellent choice for any driver, at any track except Sarthe.
Weakness is tuning.

Toyota Supra
"The Old Dog"
Lots of torque, weight, and aero. Untouchable through super-high-speed corners, best through medium speed corners, a bit sluggish in the tight stuff. Second best acceleration in class coupled with a slightly better top speed than the SC430 makes this a dangerous toy, particularly at curvy medium-speed tracks.
Weakness lies in difficulty of tuning and driving.

Nissan Z
"The Beast"
A beast, through and through, next to the Supra in quickness, but faster top end, also the hardest car in the field to drive.
If you can handle it, it may be the quickest car in the field at a couple tracks this season.
Just like the Supra, the weakness is difficulty driving and tuning.

Bandai SC430:
"Outcast"
Low aero = not so bad after 2.08. It does have the worst cornering in the field, slightly, but gains the time back jumping from 60-130mph far quicker than other cars here.
If you want a slightly different approach to the same thing, look no further, a bad rep may be stuck on this car, but if the right driver takes it, it has at least as much potential as any other car here.
Weakness is difficulty driving/cornering speed.

Last edited:
Yea can these two races count as my audition also?

I will gladly do a new if u guys say soo:)

Cheers Kevin

I also forgot to mention it's been a while since I last raced for this long, and it's starting to be cold (not REALLY cold, but not summer either) here, so when I finished my first race, my ankles were sore! :lol: Second race wasn't as bad, so I guess I'll get used to it in no time, but wow, that was fun!

Back