French Raceworks Setups | F1 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 Career Mode Setups

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 269 comments
Soon, yes. Internet was down yesterday evening and my room mates went crazy...I'm the only person in our house able to speak French fluently, so guess who had to make all the calls (even tho I didn't care it was out). :D

To be fair: despite all of us having iPhones neither of them cared to upgrade since iOS4. Guess who's having iOS6 on his phone and chilled on reddit using connection sharing. ;)

Yas Marina, Hungary (both dry) & Malaysia (wet) done. Videos are being uploading right now.

Next up: China, Korea, Bahrain.

Some feedback would be great, I'm not sure if the 2012 setups are suitable for everyone so far. :)

I have Korea next in my career, so will try your setup and let you know how I get on.

Just noticed you haven't done Korea yet so forget what I just said. Will give some feedback when I get a chance to try some if your setups

Thought I'd give you some feedback. I drive for Force India, on expert AI with Auto Transmission and ABS and thats it. I use a DS3, not a wheel.

Monaco: Monaco was horrible for me. The car slid all over the place, and my Mercedes powered Force India ate its tyres up faster than I could count to ten. Couldn't keep any traction through Tabac. That set up really didn't work for me. One lap pace was okay, but nothing in the race. Q:10 R:19. Then again, it could well be my aggressive driving style that caused this.

Canada: Brilliant set up, the car flowed amazingly and I managed to snatch pole. This set up really suited my style, only thing I can say is that I had a little bit of understeer into the corners, found it hard sometimes to get the nose in.

Anyway, amazing set ups, keep at it!

Here's a review of your Abu Dhabi set up.

Sector 1 - Amazing, feels extremely stable but with no under steer. Really stable over the kerbs as well.

Sector 2 - Same as sector one, good top speed and I can still brake late and turn into the corners.

Sector 3- This is where the problem, in my opinion, is. While it works great for most of this sector (especially the last 2 corners) I seem to have major problems at turns 14, 18 and 19. This turns are all quite similar and they all result in the same thing. I brake and I turn for the corner and my back end just steps out. Even when I brake in a straight line, the moment I turn the back end just sort of dislocates itself from the front. This might be down to my driving style though.

Overall. It's an extremely good setup, great work.

Monaco: Monaco was horrible for me. The car slid all over the place, and my Mercedes powered Force India ate its tyres up faster than I could count to ten.

Canada: Only thing I can say is that I had a little bit of understeer into the corners, found it hard sometimes to get the nose in.

Monaco is always difficult, especially if you want to preserve tyres. With Legend AI being so quick I wanted it to be stable in the McLaren, not sure if being in the FI caused the issues. I'm not satisfied with it either (I didn't have my proper wheel at the time, I've been using my normal T500 GT rim) so I'll likely try to polish it a bit.

Canada however is easy and hard at the same time. It's more of a compromise here - I hate my car understeering but it felt right to me nonetheless. Glad you can cope with it as well. :)

Here's a review of your Abu Dhabi set up.

Sector 1 - Amazing, feels extremely stable but with no under steer. Really stable over the kerbs as well.

Sector 2 - Same as sector one, good top speed and I can still brake late and turn into the corners.

Sector 3- This is where the problem, in my opinion, is. While it works great for most of this sector (especially the last 2 corners) I seem to have major problems at turns 14, 18 and 19. This turns are all quite similar and they all result in the same thing. I brake and I turn for the corner and my back end just steps out. Even when I brake in a straight line, the moment I turn the back end just sort of dislocates itself from the front. This might be down to my driving style though.

Abu Dhabi is, for me, a rollercoaster ride. S1 & S2 are not much of a problem but S3 isn't anywhere near my favourite sectors. For turn 14 I'd suggest going to the far right and clipping the apex as much as possible, 2nd gear should be best here I believe. Almost the same for turns 18 & 19, stay right after turn 17, clip the apex and stay right again, clipping turn 19 as well. Those 3 corners are what I hate most about the sector as well. You can always try to move the break balance to the front for those corners but I'm not sure if it'll cause too much understeer. :)

The next setups should be up on Thursday at the latest Friday evening or Saturday morning since I need to get something else done tomorrow (sorry), depends on how quick (read: slow) the videos will upload to YouTube. And pretty much if I can stay away from Dishonored today & tomorrow. :)

Thanks for your feedback guys, much appreciated - keep it coming!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I am really having trouble with Super Softs, not sure if its just my driving or the FI, but even at Canada's free flowing circuit i'm having trouble.

Feedback on the Monaco setup, it seems very twitchy on the straights and very easy to spin it, mainly through the first corner and the corner after the hairpin.

Mr. S.

I know you're tuning is based on the PC version, but just wanted to let you know they're great starting points for those of us on the PS3 and using a wheel. :) Much appreciated 👍

FMW
Mr. S.

I know you're tuning is based on the PC version, but just wanted to let you know they're great starting points for those of us on the PS3 and using a wheel. :) Much appreciated 👍

Don't they work the same way on consoles? I remember using the same setups on both my PS3 and PC with F1 2011. :)

Don't they work the same way on consoles? I remember using the same setups on both my PS3 and PC with F1 2011. :)

I would think so :) I remember reading on another forum that some of the PC guys thought their set ups for their PC might not translate all that well, but I would have to say they do indeed 👍
I know the PC has gone through 13 patches, while the PS3 (at least in North America) is still waiting for "console patch #2". Now there's talk of #3 (which in North America will include patch #2...arghhh LOL). It will be interesting to see if the set ups change a little. From the notes I've read they've slightly altered the grip level off-line.

Can't wait to get home and try your Austin set up :)

China (WET)

q9tM4.jpg

Time has been set with normal fuel mix but I think it'd be best to use the faster mix on straights and switch back to normal when accelerating out of corners. I don't know if it's just me but I'm under the impression that the car will turn in better if it's in first gear, so shifting down to first and back to second just before accelerating might've helped as well.

I couldn't record a video since my FPS go down to around 15 once I start recording but here's a screenshot.​

Thanks for doing this! I have been searching for tunes on the codemasters forum without finding what I was looking for. I will let you know how they work on the 360 after I get some laps in.

Back