French Raceworks Setups | F1 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 Career Mode Setups

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 269 comments
I'd be grateful if some of you guys could tell me if the setups work great with Red Bull & Ferrari cars. I'm thinking about switching to another team for my 5th season and don't want to play around with setups if I do so.

Unlikely but if someone's using a Mercedes, I'd love to hear about that one, too.

Last edited:
220px-Jaypee_International_Circuit_2011.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida

Game version: 1.02
Car used: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26
Weather: Heavy Rain
Qualifying time: 1:31.770

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 10
Rear Wing Angle: 11

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffess: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph
Gear 2: 167 kph
Gear 3: 198 kph
Gear 4: 229 kph
Gear 5: 262 kph
Gear 6: 296 kph
Gear 7: 335 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.40
Camber rear: -1.40
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.41

After 12-15 laps, that's the result - I'll update the lap time after the career mode GP, it should significantly improve. The car's stable but the middle sector isn't what I do best, so it's only a question of me improving. :)

220px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_Jos%C3%A9_Carlos_Pace_%28AKA_Interlagos%29_track_map.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo

Qualifying time: 1:15.950

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 10

Braking
Pressure: Low

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffess: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 183 kph
Gear 4: 212 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 313 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.50
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.47

It's really stable in heavy rain and not bad in intermediate conditions, too - yet, I only got one lap in on intermediates and might change the gearbox later on. Alighment is also questionable, might change it into the other extreme if necessary. Sadly, my wheel almost died on me again during my fast lap in heavy rain so I had to downshift using the upshift paddle, I think I lost 0.5 seconds or so but well, my car was still 1.630 seconds faster than the AI in heavy rain.

220px-Circuit_Albert_Park.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Albert Park, Melbourne

Qualifying time: 1:30.417

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 10

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 10
Rear Ride Height: 10
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 135 kph
Gear 2: 166 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 212 kph
Gear 5: 242 kph
Gear 6: 271 kph
Gear 7: 309 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.30
Camber rear: -1.30
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.26

Just in case it's going to rain in Melbourne in 1.5 hours time. ;)

I'm running a wet session in Hungary tonight, expect an update pretty soon now.

220px-Circuit_Hungaroring.png

22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png
Hungaroring, Budapest

Qualifying time: 1:24.327

Aerodynamics

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: Low

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 129 kph
Gear 2: 159 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 242 kph
Gear 6: 273 kph
Gear 7: 309 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.30
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

Last edited:
Just like to say thank you for these great setups, I've only tried a few up to now, but they've all worked great (except for the Spa Wet one but I think that is more my own driving). Never really been able to translate what I know about tuning in GT5 to F1, so I appreciate you sharing these, very helpful indeed 👍

Hi,

I've seen that in some setup for F1 2011 1.01 high values of spring stiffening are used (es. Spa clear setup).

Considering the famous bug 11/11, are these setup taking advantage by this bug, that seems to affect high values of spring stiffening, not only 11/11?

Is it possible to use the same setup just lowering this parameter to a fair 6/6?

I'm trying to understand how to get a car behaviour similar to real one with a non-patched game, since I do not have an internet connection for patching the game.

Thanks.

Well, 11/11 was "glitchy good" - however, 10/10 was also good, 9/9 as well but a bit less etc.

Shaggy explained it rather good already, it was more of a scale from no grip to full grip. Then again, making the suspension more stiff isn't a cheat per se. I've tried avoiding 11/11 at all costs but 10/10 seemed ok to me.

If you'd like to go down to 6/6 or something similar, you'd have to get the grip from somewhere else in order to make them work likewise.

How do you make these setups. I just wondered, do you use real life qualy laps to see when for the gearbox seeing and so-on.

No...yes...well, it's difficult. You want to be in certain gears for certain turns, so that you're not at the rev limiter and don't have to shift while turning too often. I also tend to have the gearbox look similar to a pillar, so that it's smooth to drive. It's a lot of trial and error, actually. The gearbox is the worst thing but can make or break the setup. Changing a gearbox to the default one caused me to be around 2.5 seconds slower in Interlagos.

Wow, I was planning on trying to make my own basic setup for China. But after hearing this I think I'll stick with yours, they're much better then anything I could come up with.

Me too actually :embarrassed:.

I was under the impression you used a PS3 and not a PC to use f12011 mr s?

Last edited:
premhz
Me too actually :embarrassed:.

I was under the impression your used a PS3 and not a PC to use f12011 mr s?

He used to play on the PS3, but he's since bought and switched to PC.

premhz
Oh ok, i get it now, was confused. PC version better than PS3?

If you're PC is good enough, then it's way better. Unless you want to race in a league on GTP, then PS3 is better :)

jcm
He used to play on the PS3, but he's since bought and switched to PC.

Well, no. I've always had a PC and did not upgrade it until now. Tomorrow should be the day I'm ordering the new parts. I thought my PC isn't good enough for the game, that's why I spent hundreds of hours playing the game on my PS3. On the other side, I've raced with lots of great people from GTP - and I wouldn't want to have missed that.

Oh ok, i get it now, was confused. PC version better than PS3?

It is, it's having better graphics, frame rate (depending on your hardware, of course) and the ability to mod the game.

jcm
If you're PC is good enough, then it's way better. Unless you want to race in a league on GTP, then PS3 is better :)

Indeed but my PC isn't very good either (Intel Core2Quad, Geforce GTX9800, 2GB RAM, Windows XP) and I can play with high details on 1920x1080 without any problems.

220px-Istanbul_park.svg.png

22px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Istanbul Park, Istanbul

Qualifying time: 1:30.852

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph
Gear 2: 160 kph
Gear 3: 187 kph
Gear 4: 217 kph
Gear 5: 245 kph
Gear 6: 277 kph
Gear 7: 310 kph

All but 7th gear are blocks of 2, so it's looking like a small pillar each time - just in case your car has more than one 130kph etc. setting.

Alignment
Camber front: -3.50
Camber rear: -1.50
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.23

Istanbul Wet has been updated for 1.02.

I'm not playing much at the moment, so can't promise anything. Probably won't get a full 1.02 collection done before the 2012 release, I'm afraid.

Bummer! I poled and finished in P1 in the dry, had alonso,webber,hamilton all hovering behind me, they had a few attempts into turn 1 but would back out or lock a wheel.

I then did some time trials, your setup on williams and mclaren. Mclaren posted 1.22.8 within 10 laps. Williams 1.23.5 after 20 laps! Much smoother engine power delivery than cosworth, and smoother brakes. I could get on the power earlier and open the throttle more and brake harder without locking up damn inside wheel and spearing off or losing the rear into turn 1!

Cosworth power delivery is just animalistic, just before it reaches the green rpm shift lights it just explodes and lights the tyres out of the turn 1 chicane and will spit you off if you don`t lift.
Mclaren is softer, so you can just get on with trying to get away from the exit at pretty much WOT.

Cheers Phill

How did you get into a McLaren in your 2nd season? Best I got was Toro Rosso. I recently started a new season in a Williams and have won 4 of the first 7 races on legend difficulty, what do I do to get a McLaren next season? :)

Last edited:
From what i gathered from this forum, is that around 1/2 way through your season the interviewer will ask you who is your main rival (usually it is someone in a high ranking team as by this point you will be near the top of the points table) all you do is pick who it is based on what team you wish to drive for next year. If you finish the season in front of the driver for that team, then you are offered his seat.

Correct Mr S??
Cheers Phill

Hmmm come to think of it I beat my rival and was offered a place in the team, but when I joined I was my rivals team mate :lol:

How did you get into a McLaren in your 2nd season? Best I got was Toro Rosso. I recently started a new season in a Williams and have won 4 of the first 7 races on legend difficulty, what do I do to get a McLaren next season? :)

Win lots of races, meet your objectives, beat your team mate and, most important, beat your rival.

From what i gathered from this forum, is that around 1/2 way through your season the interviewer will ask you who is your main rival (usually it is someone in a high ranking team as by this point you will be near the top of the points table) all you do is pick who it is based on what team you wish to drive for next year. If you finish the season in front of the driver for that team, then you are offered his seat.

Correct Mr S??
Cheers Phill

That's pretty much correct, yes.

Back