FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Which two tracks should we use? (choose two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YA-HOOOOOOO! I know it's only by a hair or so, but still! I'll enjoy the brief moment of being in front…before some more results are posted to knock me off…say, are there actually any more to come?

Thanks for the outstanding drive and DC.👍👍

My pleasure, Sir. Glad you submitted the car, I really enjoyed it when I tested it and had I not already been in the early grips of S2000 Fever, I may have had a go at it. Before I took it to the track, I was less than impressed, 'challenging' looks and only 5 cogs, this straight after having run the 320 BMW. Turns out it pokes down the road with some real vim and vigour 👍

{Cy}

Thanks for the testing and review MC Hami, that's a fast lap time :D I'll give that opposite transmission settings a go soon. About no ABS, well, it's pretty much a long journey of practice to drive a quick lap times with high BB, I spent my 1st 6 months of playing GT5 to get used to high BB.
I think you're handicapping yourself for no reason. Running 10 BB and using half the pedal is no faster than running <5 BB and using all the pedal. There are no special prizes for the guy that drives a more difficult to control car. :sly:

I don't usually drive ABS0 in GT5, but here's a lap with your car using a more sane 5/3 BB setting. Well, I changed the transmission and LSD as well, so I don't know if that still counts as "your car" - but it's the same spec. :)

http://youtu.be/P_3lCDtYnPI

All scores updated to date. A few shuffles in the 500PP classes.
Johnnypenso to the lead of 500PP group A.
Onboy now leader of 500PP group B.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7859252#post7859252
I have more done but not posted yet too. Big update tonight.

Results

Desperado: 2:26.160
Comments: Drove great overall, a little bit of oversteer on entry, but manageable. This time is from it's first run, it's second run looked like this - 26.3, 26.2, 26.4, 26.168. 👍
DC 1.0

Ridox: 2:31.513
Comments: I got oversteer on entry without abs, mild understeer with abs at 1. Mild understeer on entry was the best part about the car for me though. :indiff: The inside wheel doing burnouts at all speeds and a general lack of grip plagued the car the most. This is the best lap I could muster, sorry.:ill:
DC 0.0

I think you're handicapping yourself for no reason. Running 10 BB and using half the pedal is no faster than running <5 BB and using all the pedal. There are no special prizes for the guy that drives a more difficult to control car. :sly:

I don't usually drive ABS0 in GT5, but here's a lap with your car using a more sane 5/3 BB setting. Well, I changed the transmission and LSD as well, so I don't know if that still counts as "your car" - but it's the same spec. :)

Hey guy, long time no see. :)
I agree totally on the BB, dunno how much the lsd and trans setting matter on the 8-speed.

Riddox, Here's my lap of your car. Video will be done uploading in like 10 minutes + processing.

@Onboy - Parabolica is the last corner before the long straightaway to the finish.

@CSLACR Was the slight entry oversteer/rear kick on my car due to the difference between DS3 and wheel, or was it something that a little more fine tuning could correct do you think? Watched your replay and can only dream of finding that line through Eau Rouge you made look so effortless.:drool: On most of the track my lines and speeds are very close to yours on my better laps, but that one and the speed you carry through the final left hand bend before the bus stop are just amazing.:bowdown:

Agree. Even if he wanted to run high settings, 10/8 locks the fronts first. Should have been more like 7/8 or 8/8 or anything similar across the scale.

We have a mystery tester. He is new and was afraid his times would be too slow. He has tested the 625pp class but is one car short. One tuner with a pretty full friends list hasn't responded. If it is you, please make some temporary room.

Thanks for that video yanaran, I never felt myself handicapped with my high total BB settings, in fact, the 1st time I play GT5 without ABS, I ran quite low BB similar to most ABS users use ( 4/1 to 5/3 ). The reason I then keep on increasing the total number - currently around 9/4 to 10/9 depend on the car/drivertrain : My controller needed much pressure to get into 100% input, so running lower BB in total would mean I have to modulate with higher pressure, which I don't like in the long drive as I found it to be hampering my consistency. It is easier for me to have high total BB value than lower one in this case. I can run low BB just fine too, it's just that after having higher one, I felt that the lower BB feel like I have to brake harder to get the same bite in a sense of applying more pressure to get the same results.

If you look at my video of Lexus ISF RM I posted, you can see that I never locked my front wheels, on the 1st chicane and in the parabolica, it's actually my right rear tire that goes red first, I always threshold and trail brake while also blipping the throttle on every downshift. I rarely have brake lock ups on the front, unless I brake too late or making serious timing error. Most of my high BB are set up to lock rear 1st or at least oversteer on entry, as CSLACR confirmed on his test on my Civic RM without ABS. I took advantage of no ABS to kill the corner entry understeer of the FF car, well almost every FF I car I drove:dopey: on FR cars I usually run 10/6 on cars with comfort or sports tires, this gives me the best balance, just a bit oversteer when trail braking without too much risk of rear locking up. 9 or 10 on front never been an issue for me due to the way I apply braking and the input device I used.

I have been racing at JohnnyPenso's Deadnutsevenracing club, always with high BB, I have no issues at all following anyone who have ABS1 or ABS 0 bumper to bumper, and rarely having lock up, and this does not mean I am a fast driver, I am mediocre at best compared to most wheel users like Praiano, Johnny, CSL or pad user like Ugabugaz.

I am maybe "insane" with my high BB, but that's what works best for me for the past 2 years:sly: It's just my unique way of driving :D

Agree. Even if he wanted to run high settings, 10/8 locks the fronts first. Should have been more like 7/8 or 8/8 or anything similar across the scale.

Different input device always call for different BB setup, what works for me seldom works for the wheel/pedal users, at least from my experience from other drivers I met in my online lobby.

I would like to clarify that which wheel locking first depend on how I modulate the brakes, I can brake in a way so that my rear would lock 1st on my Lexus ISF RM, as demonstrated on my video ( 1st chicane braking ) or I can apply too much brake constantly for a moment longer than necessary to induce front lock up almost instantly.

This will be the moment I'll make sure to always remind myself to enter a BB that would suit all kinds of input devices, I forgot that when entering my tune :banghead: I have never found anyone who uses High BB like I do, yet.

I am really sorry to all testers, that my cars might have given bad experiences driving them with such high BB settings :nervous:

Last edited:
Results

Comments: I got oversteer on entry without abs, mild understeer with abs at 1. Mild understeer on entry was the best part about the car for me though. :indiff: The inside wheel doing burnouts at all speeds and a general lack of grip plagued the car the most. This is the best lap I could muster, sorry.:ill:
DC 0.0

Thanks for the great video, a fast lap time too, my best was only around low 2:33.xxx, I need more track time at Spa :) Watching your run should give me some hints on how to attack the track properly :D

About the inside wheels spinning and lack of grip ... :ouch:, I did my best, if I increase the LSD acceleration value, it would cause more tendency to go wide on exits and the lack of grip is due to the low Aero I am running in an effort the help the Civic gain more speed, the car is lacking a lot in this department.

Don't be sorry, I should have ... my tune is giving a lot of holy crap moment to most testers:guilty:

Riddox, Here's my lap of your car. Video will be done uploading in like 10 minutes + processing.

Thanks Ugabugaz for the video, I will take my time to learn the lines for better time :D

We have a mystery tester. He is new and was afraid his times would be too slow. He has tested the 625pp class but is one car short. One tuner with a pretty full friends list hasn't responded. If it is you, please make some temporary room.
You might want to send a message to the person our mystery tester is missing. If the tuners friends list is full or nearly so they may not be aware someone is trying to get added for testing this shootout.:odd:

Finished testing for the 625pp class.

Thanks to all the testers for taking the time to drive and comment on each car. I'm stoked that both of my entries are fairing quite well.👍👍
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. :) :dopey:

Mystery person is me, I haven't forgot about him, I'll add him tomorrow :)(Later Tonight)
...Just been putting it off, sorry.

Last edited:
@CSLACR Was the slight entry oversteer/rear kick on my car due to the difference between DS3 and wheel, or was it something that a little more fine tuning could correct do you think? Watched your replay and can only dream of finding that line through Eau Rouge you made look so effortless.:drool: On most of the track my lines and speeds are very close to yours on my better laps, but that one and the speed you carry through the final left hand bend before the bus stop are just amazing.:bowdown:
I would say usually it can be dialed out, but I do very little wheel vs DS3 testing.
The hard part is always keeping it able to point the nose in without snapping around, it's something I battle on a lot of cars. Yours is so far my drivers choice of all outside my own though. 👍 Stunning consistency as well.

I think you might need to tell the tuner. I denied a few FR's this week myself because I had no idea who they were. (Unknown names need an explanation of "shootout" or "FITT" etc)

Thanks for the great video, a fast lap time too, my best was only around low 2:33.xxx, I need more track time at Spa :) Watching your run should give me some hints on how to attack the track properly :D

About the inside wheels spinning and lack of grip ... :ouch:, I did my best, if I increase the LSD acceleration value, it would cause more tendency to go wide on exits and the lack of grip is due to the low Aero I am running in an effort the help the Civic gain more speed, the car is lacking a lot in this department.

Don't be sorry, I should have ... my tune is giving a lot of holy crap moment to most testers:guilty:
No worries, I tuned the Civic RM once, a loooong time ago (first car I "started" tuning with in GT5 really) and even before all the updates we were never really able to make the car even quite neutral. :crazy:

If you receive a friend request from morfastmadboy, please make room for him. His lap times are on par for testings. I hope we have found a new tester for future shootouts.

Results

NewDriver: 2:29.438
Comments: Love it. 👍 580PP race car can't stay up front with so much neutering, but the car drives great.
DC 1.0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijqQQU-7R64">YouTube Link</a>

Thank you Sir for this good lap time and the DC 👍 I'm glad to see you like it :).
Very good run shows on the video 👍

================
=================
OTS_NEWDRIVER2 - Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Time: 02:33.179
DC: 1.0
=================

Thank you Sir for DC and lap time 👍 I hope you like it friend ;(.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir for DC and lap time 👍 I hope you like it friend ;(.

It's a lovely car to drive, very calm and solid, just not quite fast enough. But you knew that anyway 👍

I've now added my time for my own car, which properly concludes my testing. Thank you once again, gentlemen...

FINAL RESULTS

{Cy}

Ive taken the inititive and sent the tuner a fr, need bloodsugarrush aka robrabbitman to accept. Ironically i have robrabbitman already on cslacr.

Results

Onboy: 2:27.379
Comments: Good car, fun drive. Just a little too corky to get 1.0 based on a few others, but good overall, and pretty consistent. Inside wheel spin is the most notable problem.
DC 0.5

What's that mean? And I think this will cost me my lead…:lol:

Results
01. JohnnyPenso: 2:25.010
02. ACSR: 2:25.184
03. CSLACR: 2:25.245
04. CyKosis: 2:25.710
05. Ugabugaz: 2:26.054
06. Desperado: 2:26.160
07. RobRabbitman: 2:26.581
08. Praiano: 2:26.666
09. C-Zeta: 2:27.081
10. MCH: 2:27.208
11. Onboy: 2:27.379
12. VTiRoj: 2:27.560
11. JackThalad: 2:27.604
14. Krenkme: 2:28.878
15. NewDriver: 2:29.438
16. Ridox: 2:31.513

JohnnyPenso: 2:25.010
Comments: Just fabulous. Nominated for tune of the week. Best shootout car/drive/tune I've ever come across, ever. I'd question the ballast, but the speed and handling told me to shut my 🤬 mouth, then called me names and laughed. :bowdown:
DC 1.0

ACSR: 2:25.184
Comments: A hair more entry oversteer than I can use, 9.9 out of 10. Awesome car/build. 👍
DC 1.0

CSLACR: 2:25.245
Comments: I love this car. Fastest Spoon in the shootout too. :P
DC 1.0

CyKosis: 2:25.710
Comments: Fast car, a little too much over/under for entry/exit for me to fully sort out, but quick and nimble. Merge this with C-Zeta's please. :)
DC 0.5

Ugabugaz: 2:26.054
Comments: Didn't have quite the speed I expected and lacked some exit grip. The second most oversteering car on entry so far behind Praiano's. A little more exit grip and less entry oversteer and it would turn mid-low 25's all day long. Kept me busy and wasn't overly difficult though. :)
DC 0.5

Desperado: 2:26.160
Comments: Drove great overall, a little bit of oversteer on entry, but manageable. This time is from it's first run, it's second run looked like this - 26.3, 26.2, 26.4, 26.168. 👍
DC 1.0

RobRabbitman: 2:26.581
Comments: A little over/under syptom, but limited, fanatstic build and a solid car. Flat out through Eau Rouge with the highest speed achieved by the following overhead sign @ 149mph is impressive to say the least. Second best non S2000 in the show. 👍
DC 1.0

Praiano: 2:26.666
Comments: I tried to do this car justice, and probably failed. It can go through Eau Rouge and Blanchemont flat-out, it's just so hard to do both without 🤬 the lap somewhere else, eventually I had to quit to keep it from getting too many more tries than the rest. :/ Loved the challenge though, so far not a car has come close to being so wild and fast.
DC 0.5

C-Zeta: 2:27.081
Comments: Solid car, just too slow. Mix tune with CyKosis' build somehow please. :)
DC 1.0

MCH: 2:27.208
Comments: Solid car overall, minus the issue previously noted, it's otherwise a front runner for best driving car. 👍
DC 0.5

Onboy: 2:27.379
Comments: Good car, fun drive. Just a little too corky to get 1.0 based on a few others, but good overall, and pretty consistent. Inside wheel spin is the most notable problem.
DC 0.5

VTiRoj: 2:27.560
Comments: So close, so far. Least favorite FWD of the shootout, extreme initial turn-in that wasn't backed up by continued grip made it very difficult for me to find the lines. Seemed fairly capable once learned and handled, just not my cup of tea, this one.
DC 0.5

JackThalad: 2:27.604
Comments: This car is fantastic, the best FWD of the show. Drop some of that crazy 35 rear aero, add some power, and she's running 26's.
DC 1.0

Krenkme: 2:28.878
Comments: This would be the easy button for the 320i. Fantastic, but very very slow. Could be more dangerous to gain speed. (The build/car, not tune, which is great handling)
DC 1.0

NewDriver: 2:29.438
Comments: Love it. 👍 580PP race car can't stay up front with so much neutering, but the car drives great.
DC 1.0

DC 0.0

Last edited:
That's a wrap.

Postings to be completed tomorrow.(today)

Results

Praiano: 2:26.666
Comments: I tried to do this car justice, and probably failed. It can go through Eau Rouge and Blanchemont flat-out, it's just so hard to do both without 🤬 the lap somewhere else, eventually I had to quit to keep it from getting too many more tries than the rest. :/ Loved the challenge though, so far not a car has come close to being so wild and fast.
DC 0.5

So fast... Thanks for the test Ms Demi. I promess next time i'll do a safer car easy and fast. This one is just too radical just for a few 0.0xx less.
Even drifting....:dopey: Nice dance. Congrats.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Your time/review is in CSL. Sorry, Your car didn't work with me :(

Desperado time/review up. Didn't work either.

Last edited:
Youtube believes that ACSR and JohnnyP's laps are in fact, duplicates. I apologize for my sorcery. :lol:

Trying a "remake" of Johnny's to get them both up. :/

Done and done.

Great field of cars, enjoyed almost every single one.
I had to drive with an AT which undoubtedly kept the top 3 out of the 24's, and it was an absolute dogfight between the top 3.
20121223162255.jpg

Great stuff as always Dom.👍:👍

@Johnny fabulous job, think just like online I just saw your car disappearing into the distance ahead of me.:lol::bowdown::gtpflag:

Good day everyone.Ive been following these neat FITT challenges.I thought I would test myself as a tester,see if I have what it takes and maybe get in on the fun.With MCHs permission Ive been testing the cars in the 625 PP class quietly on the side,making sure I get it right before actually posting up the results.A big thanks to you,kind sir,as well as Xdesperado for his special help and encouraging words.To all the tuners,thanks for enduring my unorthodox methodology and letting me give their cars a thorough thrashing.What a blast! Testing was done with a DS3,sensitivity set to 7,auto transmission.Grip set to real,ABS set to 1,driving line on.( I cant drive without a driving line ) Everything else turned off.Done in practice mode A spec free run with ten laps minimum.A picture was taken of each test session,and the fastest lap was saved to my replay theatre.I treated each session like a time trial ( minus the re-tuning,of course ) and hopefully I got every tenth of a second possible out of each car.Heres what I got:Ridox Lexus IS F RM 07.This car gave me a good workout.Im unfamiliar with the trail braking method involved with this tune,but I gave it everything I had in trying to master it.Unfortunately I failed miserably!I tried braking late,I tried braking early.I tried driving real slow so I wouldnt have to brake,all to no avail.There was a fatal cowl shake while braking under duress ( Holy cow I cant see the track! ) and turning at any speed was a scary endeavor.Looking past that,the car shows good grip and straight line speed,making me wonder how much better my times could have been if I was better schooled in the trail braking method.Please sign me up for some lessons as soon as possible.FASTEST LAP:1:45.950 DC:HOLY CRAP Next up is krenkme BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01 Straight out the box,this car is dialed in to give honest straightforward results from driver input.Predictable response providing an easy comfortable ride,everything you would expect out of a Clueless Tunes effort.I had a bit of trouble trying to exit first chicane,the back end always trying to break loose in spite of or because of my throttle mashing.This may have had an adverse affect on lap times,but it wont change my opinion of the tune.The session was the fastest to complete,simply because the car was such a fun easy rides.Kudos Mr. krenkme,a fun time for sure.FASTEST LAP:1:44.479 DC:DRIVEABLE Next up is CSL ACR Corvette C5-R ( C5 ) 00 I have this car and was very disappointed with it.But in the hands of this tuner I have a new found appreciation for this 4 wheeled bumble bee.The handling is excellent,well balanced and instills confidence to attack the track.It is also very forgiving if you push it a bit too far,as I noticed my confidence made me bolder in my approach each lap.It seemed a bit slow in overall lap times,but the trade off in handling makes it worth the while.FASTEST LAP:1:42.544 DC:DRIVEABLE Next up is C Zeta GT by Citroen Race Car.It was hard work getting 10 laps together for this tune.The car felt unstable at high speeds,and was hard to keep on the track.I felt handcuffed by its lack of braking,but that may be due to a lack of skill on my part.I think I may have left some much better times out on the track due to my hanging on for dear life.Apologies to the tuner regarding lap times.FASTEST LAP:1:42.304 DC:HOLY CRAP. Next up is onboy Camaro LM Race Car I had the most fun with this car,by far.The tune seems to fit my style like a glove and allowed me to attack the track at every opportunity.Im fairly certain I wrung out the maximum results possible,but if anyone wants me to do this over again,it would be my pleasure.I MUST HAVE THIS CAR!The overall lap times may be slightly lacking but they are not a reflection of the tune.Bravo onboy.Excellent job. FASTEST LAP 1:42.173 DC OUTSTANDING. Next up is Ealirendur Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car.Nicely put together,a well balanced car that doesnt sacrifice speed for handling.Braking is spot on,while cornering at both low and high speeds was predictable.I had a bit of trouble getting on the throttle after the first chicane,but once I learned to feather it just a bit,it quickly became a non factor.Good job ren! FASTEST LAP 1:41.808 DC Driveable Next up Xdesperado BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01 When I first saw this challenge coming together I immediately noticed something that stuck out.Xdesperado in a full on race car!This,I said to myself,is going to be very interesting indeed....Shocking would have been a better choice of words,in retrospect.In a 1 off race of this car,this tune would be my go-to set up.Its untapped potential has been brought out in the hands of the tuner,and the results are stunning.Stability in cornering,enter and exit with ease and agility,along with a faster lap time than a 4 wheel brick deserves.Of all the cars I tested,only 1 car could handle the final chicane without braking,and this 1 is it.When I did it the first time I almost didnt believe it.After the 2nd time,well,what can I say....subliminal.But as it says in the tuners notes beware:the devil will get his due.There is no room for error,and if you stray just a bit YOU WILL PAY!Outstanding job.2 thumbs up ( please note that no walls were banged during the running of this session ) FASTEST LAP: 1:41.718 DC OUTSTANDING. Next up is ugabugaz Pagani Zonda LM Race Car.What a fast set up on this car.The braking on this car is so well balanced,allowing for much shorter distances and quicker retake on the throttle.Handling is precise and pinpoint accurate,response from driver input is immediate,making for a very sharp car.But if you should over estimate your abilities with this car,it is very forgiving.Another must-have for my garage.Excellent job. FASTEST LAP:1:41.459 DC:embarrassed:UTSTANDING. Next up is ASCR Ford GT LM SPEC II TEST CAR A very quick car,speed on demand,and very responsive.But I must say this car was a handful.The perfect line is the only way for this car,and the slightest deviation will cost you.I managed to get the best out of the car in each sector,but at different times during the session.The ultimate fast lap for me was unattainable,but this is a reflection of the driver and not the car.Definately not for the beginner,but in more skilled hands,a winner for sure. FASTEST LAP:1:40.958 DC DRIVEABLE Next up is johnnypenso Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car 91 '01. By far the best handling car of the bunch.with all the elements needed to win come race day.Speed on demand with an excellent gearbox setup,braking in a calm straight manner which allows for sharp well mannered turns and back on the throttle with remarkably good manners for such a beastly machine.You will win with this setup,and its a must-have for me!Excellent job. FASTEST LAP:1:40.945 DC:embarrassed:UTSTANDING Last but not least,Motor City Hami Ford GT LM SPEC II TEST Car.What a ride! Exhilarating.I got the most red laps with this car just for the pure joy of pushing the envelope at every turn.When a car suits me this well,all I want to do is just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK,and this setup seems to be of the same mind.Its a fast car on its own,but in the hands of the tuner,its been made to go morfast.Another car I must have!Outstanding job. FASTEST LAP:1:39.080 DC OUTSTANDING Thats it for me.Hope I did this right.Thanks everyone.CHEERS.

Back