Time Trial #55

StirlingMoose
I'm guessing you're not talking about the NASCAR cars which come with a wing but the non-race cars. You have to fit a wing first in GT Auto, which is on the main screen, then you can adjust it on the settings page.

I'm guessing that too :lol:

Isuzu Piazza XE'81 looks like it's capable of catching the eunos, less than .5 sec difference with only a rough tune

Checked and testing 👍

Edit...

Well that was interesting... with no ballast the car makes 58bhp less, but is faster in a straight line :lol:

Unfortunately it's nowhere near as joyous to drive it understeers a lot more without the ballast. However, I did knock almost 0.6 off my previous best lap after 20 mins of adjusting the aero to try and get some balance back in the handling (now 9th on a 1'12.313), and I think it will be possible to improve it further now the speed is there.

Huge thanks for pointing it out 👍

For what it's worth, I found in the last TT (Z06) that I was quicker with little or no ballast, and the same applies with the NASCAR race.

I put it mostly down to braking. An extra 200kg means one must brake earlier, and likely for longer, and the extra hp which goes with it does not necessarily (in my opinion) mean you will exit faster.

I use Stotty's and Numbnuts tunes and adjust the ballast along the way, along with other things. I tried raising the front all the way up and it didn't hamper me one bit.

Of course I'm still on 2:17 so the above may only be of benefit to those who are having trouble golding or a bit better.

I love karting 👍

I was out in my Brother-in-laws Rotax end of November at Whilton Mill. I've done a lot of twin engined stuff in the past (Sandown, Milton Keynes), but this was something else... unfortunately the seat was a tad too wide for me and I did my ribs in really badly... took over a month to recover. He's just bought another, faster one, so I'll be taking my rib protector along next time :D

I take it you race them?

As you'll see in the settings I'm posting below, I'm using a very low accel... the lower I set it the faster I got.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '99

Current time 1.06.811

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement

200kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 18
Power limiter 99.3%

Makes 246bhp @ 1,031kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 6.6 3.4
Rebound 4 2
Bound 3 1
ARB 1 6
Camber 1.4 0.7
Toe +0.05 +0.10

-ve front toe works on this one too - helps turn in a bit, but I found a bit of +ve better for exit speed.

LSD 5 8 5

Brakes 3 5

This car has a lot of 'brake release oversteer', which is pretty essential for killing the understeer... you might want to start with the brakes at 4,4 then go to 4,5 and then to 3,5 as you get used to it.

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Whilst I remember.... There are a couple of things I want to mention that have really helped me find speed and consistency over the past couple of TT...

1. I've turned my FF down... I used to run low in GT5P, but have used 10 all the time in GT5. I'm finding I can make much smaller and more accurate adjustments with it on a lower setting. I'm still getting used to the lack of weight and changing the actual level, but somewhere around 5 seems to work for me

2. I want to give props to Adrenaline... the primary person who changed my 1 track mind on toe settings. I've always been a -ve toe adict, but following a discussion in the tuning forum on toe post 2.10 I tried +ve and so far it's working 👍

Thanks for the tune! Although im having a real hard time keeping this car in a straight line! :D

As you'll see in the settings I'm posting below, I'm using a very low accel... the lower I set it the faster I got.

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '99

Current time 1.06.811

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement

200kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 18
Power limiter 99.3%

Makes 246bhp @ 1,031kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 6.6 3.4
Rebound 4 2
Bound 3 1
ARB 1 6
Camber 1.4 0.7
Toe +0.05 +0.10

-ve front toe works on this one too - helps turn in a bit, but I found a bit of +ve better for exit speed.

LSD 5 8 5

Brakes 3 5

This car has a lot of 'brake release oversteer', which is pretty essential for killing the understeer... you might want to start with the brakes at 4,4 then go to 4,5 and then to 3,5 as you get used to it.

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Whilst I remember.... There are a couple of things I want to mention that have really helped me find speed and consistency over the past couple of TT...

1. I've turned my FF down... I used to run low in GT5P, but have used 10 all the time in GT5. I'm finding I can make much smaller and more accurate adjustments with it on a lower setting. I'm still getting used to the lack of weight and changing the actual level, but somewhere around 5 seems to work for me

2. I want to give props to Adrenaline... the primary person who changed my 1 track mind on toe settings. I've always been a -ve toe adict, but following a discussion in the tuning forum on toe post 2.10 I tried +ve and so far it's working 👍

Thanks for tune stotty, made few adjustments to downforce lowered it to 12 and reduced weight just under 1000kgs. Just set 1.06.660 good for 15th. I'm sure we will see the leaders drop under 1.06 before tt ends.

Pretty fun TTs,
I'm at 1625th (1:09:577) in Tsukuba with my Eunos Roadster, definitely comfort tires suits me better :)
I thought doodlemonoply was fighting in top positions in the Nascar TT but the first North-american driver is actually on 52th :D

Pretty fun TTs,
I'm at 1625th (1:09:577) in Tsukuba with my Eunos Roadster, definitely comfort tires suits me better :)
I thought doodlemonoply was fighting in top positions in the Nascar TT but the first North-american driver is actually on 52th :D

That would be me... I keep waiting for doodle and a half dozen others to bump me from top US driver!

Thanks to Stotty for the tune. I figured out the ballast/hp issue and lowered the ballast and am still improving my time. Interested to see how low you go with rear aero.

Thanks for the tune! Although im having a real hard time keeping this car in a straight line! :D

His tune was a bit on the wild side for me as well, to tame it down I did the following: 99% credit to Stotty.

843106_532762333411723_1394391828_o.png

P.S. Stotty, I'd like to have you test one part of my adjustments: Front Extension at 10, with everything else as you've been running it, and let me know how much time you gain.

Last edited:
P.S. Stotty, I'd like to have you test one part of my adjustments: Front Extension at 10, with everything else as you've been running it, and let me know how much time you gain.

Interesting... I haven't beaten my old time yet, but tried front extn at 10 and immediately liked how it felt... feels like it stabilises the front a bit and gives more mid corner grip... ran a 1'06.827 in only a few laps.

To be continued...

Interesting... I haven't beaten my old time yet, but tried front extn at 10 and immediately liked how it felt... feels like it stabilises the front a bit and gives more mid corner grip... ran a 1'06.827 in only a few laps. To be continued...

That's what we need. You going faster. I think adrenaline meant run it at zero :D jk

On a plus note, by the time I get back home and able to do the TT, I'll have a new oZone cockpit, g27, and a new monitor waiting for me plus I will have 1 week vacation! Maybe I can keep the NASCAR on the road. I haven't even attempted Tsukuba yet. Might have to give it a whirl.

Thanks for tune stotty, made few adjustments to downforce lowered it to 12 and reduced weight just under 1000kgs. Just set 1.06.660 good for 15th. I'm sure we will see the leaders drop under 1.06 before tt ends.

Wow, it`s work for me.
Yesterday i get just 1:07.338 with Stotty tune, but with that changes - i get 1:06.972 after first 15 minutes of training !
Now 50th in top.
Thank you guys.

Nice time guys. 👍
I think Stotty deserves a knighthood for posting his setups and making GT life a whole lot easier ;)

I've done a 1.07 flat(ish) on Tsukuba and a 2.12.9.
Still plenty of time to be found though :)

Last edited:
Improved in the Eunos to 1'06.613 (16th)... given I didn't run this for very long the 1st time round I'm not sure if it's the tune getting better or me just getting more comfortable with the car.

Used a couple of tips rom others when modifying the original set-up... wing/weight from 12eece and front damper extension setting from Adrenaline 👍

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '99 v2.0

Current time 1.06.613

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing. Mine's fully run in - sent Bob round the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance in it and then did another oil change.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement and sports intake manifold.

169kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 12
Power limiter 99.1%

Makes 246bhp @ 1,000kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 7.6 5.4
Rebound 10 10
Bound 1 1
ARB 1 4
Camber 1.2 1.0
Toe +0.05 +0.05

LSD 5 10 5

Brakes 4 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Feels a bit easier to drive, though that might just be me getting used to it :D

Going to make myself a cheese and onion sarnie, then have another quick go in the NASCAR before packing and heading North :)

Some very good times in Tsukuba from you guys. (and Spa!!)
I did pretty much the same as you Stotty, used your very good tune with a couple of mods from others suggestions (Adrenaline, 12eece), though went halfway on the wing and weight reduction. Improved my time to an 1:06:806. I'll leave it there for tonight and have a crack at Spa again I think. Got some catching up to do there !

Improved in the Eunos to 1'06.613 (16th)... given I didn't run this for very long the 1st time round I'm not sure if it's the tune getting better or me just getting more comfortable with the car.

Used a couple of tips rom others when modifying the original set-up... wing/weight from 12eece and front damper extension setting from Adrenaline 👍

Current time 1.06.613

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing. Mine's fully run in - sent Bob round the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance in it and then did another oil change.

Parts
I get the same power and weight in a non run in car with sports manifold and 99.2 engine power. Does it make a difference?

His tune was a bit on the wild side for me as well, to tame it down I did the following: 99% credit to Stotty.

Current time 1.06.613

Parts

169kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 12
Power limiter 99.1%

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 7.6 5.4
Rebound 10 10
Bound 1 1
ARB 1 4
Camber 1.2 1.0
Toe +0.05 +0.05

LSD 5 10 5

Brakes 4 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Going to make myself a cheese and onion sarnie, then have another quick go in the NASCAR before packing and heading North :)

Very curious to try both. I'm already pretty close to my limit with Chris's first tune with a 06.9xx last night. Hope i can also shave .2xx like Chris with one of this 2 tune.

I get the same power and weight in a non run in car with sports manifold and 99.2 engine power. Does it make a difference?

I doubt it... I ran mine in so I could experiment with more power and less aero... and I posted that I'd done it to avoid the 'I can't get the same power as you at x% limiter' questions :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my 2nd go at the NASCAR - currently 11th on 2'12.313, but the car will definitaely run 11's. It's not got quiet as sweet a balance without ballast, but it's faster and I've managed to get rid of most of the understeer.

Thanks to Killmore for pointing out the car is faster with no ballast 👍

2010 Dale Earnhardt JR. #88 Impala

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which car you use as I've tried the Chevvy and Toyota, both 2010 and 2011 models, and found no noticable difference in performance or handling.

Parts
Chassis reinforcement

0kg ballast
Aero 50 58 (have run as low as 52)
Power limiter 93.8%

Makes 773bhp at 1,565kg for 570ppts

Settings
Ride -30 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0
Toe -0.10 +0.10

LSD 5 12 5

Brakes 5 5

Gears (reset to default, set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears & final)
1st 3.052
2nd 2.358
3rd 1.904
4th 1.571
Final 2.450

Car will be on share.

That would be me... I keep waiting for doodle and a half dozen others to bump me from top US driver!

Thanks to Stotty for the tune. I figured out the ballast/hp issue and lowered the ballast and am still improving my time. Interested to see how low you go with rear aero.

I haven't tried Spa yet. I might try later today :)

Edit: Just noticed that Stotty is .003 behind me at Tsukuba. :lol:

Thanks for sharing Chris/Stotty. 👍
Did a quick lap during the rugby half-time and shaved 3 tenths off my ballasted time for a 13.3s with probably a half a tenth to come.
Using the stick and buttons,I find it virtually impossible to run tc 0,so I'm having to resort to tc1,it's ok but not ideal :lol:

Funny you mention this. I ran my best lap without realizing TC was set at default of 5. I set it to 0 as usual and haven't been able to match it yet. :dunce:

The tune with less ballast is much easier to handle for me too.

I find it virtually impossible to run tc 0,so I'm having to resort to tc1,it's ok but not ideal :lol:

Re: Traction control... based on previous experience, anything less than 5 is a bit of a waste of time... TC on 1 doesn't really stop the wheelspin until it's too late.

I haven't tried Spa yet. I might try later today :)

Edit: Just noticed that Stotty is .003 behind me at Tsukuba. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed that too... your thumbs are on form with this one :lol:

I have 0.10-0.15 left with the tune I posted above if I hit every corner as well as I can, but no more than that!

I also had a go with no wing earler... really, really good fun :)

Last edited:
Re: Traction control... based on previous experience, anything less than 5 is a bit of a waste of time... TC on 1 doesn't really stop the wheelspin until it's too late.

Ok bud-I'll take that advice on board and switch to TC 5 and give it a go 👍

Stotty,
Just done a few laps in the eunos with your update settings.
Its much better. Although i have not beat my time, the car is much more stable and now have better confidence under breaking and corner entry. Easier to drive. I Asume the intake was removed becuase it was run in by Bob.

Also i've only just noticed that the year is wrong '89 not '99 same on v1. Not being picky but im sure someone would bring it up eventually.

Cheers to Adrenalin and... (forgot, sorry) for input.

I may have to eat my words of an earlier post when i commented on other peoples tunes.

Current time 1.06.613

Parts

169kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 12
Power limiter 99.1%

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 7.6 5.4
Rebound 10 10
Bound 1 1
ARB 1 4
Camber 1.2 1.0
Toe +0.05 +0.05

LSD 5 10 5

Brakes 4 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Very curious to try both. I'm already pretty close to my limit with Chris's first tune with a 06.9xx last night. Hope i can also shave .2xx like Chris with one of this 2 tune.

EDIT:
My conclusion is. Both tunes give me the same laptimes, within .017. Ended up with a 06.752 with Chris tune. I changed some minor thing to both tunes, played around with weight, power en rear wing. So nothing major.

Adrenaline is a bit more on the save side and Chris his tune is a bit more bitchy like he says himself but with a bit more wing it handles very nice.

Thanks for the tunes guys

I wish i could do better in T3 cos i lose most of time there. Can to within .2xx even .130 at the second spilt of the nr 9 and 10 leaderboard atm. But those last 2 corners are not my favorite :lol:

Ended up with a 06.752

... and Chris, his tune is a bit more bitchy like he says himself...

Great lap time, Dennis 👍

If you think that one is bitchy, you should try my 1st attempt :lol: That one was quite tricky... but may have to go back to it as I think it might be ultimately capable of faster lap times with some changes :D

Stotty,
Just done a few laps in the eunos with your update settings.
Its much better. Although i have not beat my time, the car is much more stable and now have better confidence under breaking and corner entry. Easier to drive. I Asume the intake was removed becuase it was run in by Bob.

Also i've only just noticed that the year is wrong '89 not '99 same on v1. Not being picky but im sure someone would bring it up eventually.

Cheers to Adrenalin and... (forgot, sorry) for input.

I may have to eat my words of an earlier post when i commented on other peoples tunes.

Yes, removed the intake as I didn't want to run that much limiter and it gave the best power vs anything else.

Oh yeah :D... given the original post has been quoted a few times I won't bother editting now.

Hello again guys, I been running some laps with the eunos, think I maxed out my skills on the control stick managed a 1.778 with mostly shottys settings, I found aero made no difference at all at these speeds so took it right down too 5, I found the only rear way to increase grip on coming out of a turn acceleration was to increase weight to 179 - 50 and yes I found I still needed a -0.03 front toe angle effect to combat the oversteer. It's lapping very consistent for me around 1.7* - 1.8* a lap.. I think if I ground it out a few more house and somehow tied the gr too the bed to stop her bumping me on corners :-D I could achive a further .200 of a sec.

Overall a very cool challenge, I even managed a 1.9 in the skyline but she just don't have the pace of the enous I will post my settings for the skyline if someone would like to help me tweek it? I think with a guy on a wheel could achive a top 256 position with it.. I would like to see something other then a eunos in the top 200!!! :-)

Overall a very cool challenge, I even managed a 1.9 in the skyline but she just don't have the pace of the enous I will post my settings for the skyline if someone would like to help me tweek it? I think with a guy on a wheel could achive a top 256 position with it.. I would like to see something other then a eunos in the top 200!!! :-)

I believe I ran a 1:07.8 with the Skyline during the very first day and had a 1:07.3 possible. I didn't even have a tune on it so I think it has more potential than the Miata in some ways.

Improved to 2:16.823 with basically Stotty's #2 tune.

Still another 8 tenths yet to catch Cargo though.

I've been using the Eunos without the rear wing.. i don't seem to have any understeer.. but need to be quite delicate on the loud pedal.. 255hp @ 1006kg i think.. managed a 1:07.5xx so far.. but i'm sure this car will get into the 1:06's the way i have it atm...

Has anyone given any of the 2 standard 89 Miata's a go for comparison yet?
I dont got one so idk plus all of thee top 250 premium so..

Back