Maintenance Notice

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 623 comments
For what I can say, I guess the most important things worth noting are that the algorithm to calculate the PPs will be changed back as it was in 2.09 and that the "boot loop" bug will be fixed.

For what I can say, I guess the most important things worth noting are that the algorithm to calculate the PPs will be changed back as it was in 2.09 and that the "boot loop" bug will be fixed.

They're changing the PP back? That is...a bit disappointing, honestly.

Any word on if we'll ever see physics/graphical upgrades as PD explores more avenues of their new game engine, or are they pretty much done with GT5?

For what I can say, I guess the most important things worth noting are that the algorithm to calculate the PPs will be changed back as it was in 2.09 and [snip....]

No hope for that anymore, maybe some fixings to PP calculations but no way they are going to go back old.
Why I say this: Check what cars they put on OCD and think..

Great, after all that time we spent figuring it out and fixing it ourselves, now they decide to fix it. Just hope it doesn't further screw up what we already fixed.

Ok, no new content. But what about new "features" or "improvements" on current game functionality?

I dream with the day that PD would expand the wheel selection for standard cars, for example. Why I can't use the Motegi Racing or BBS RS on standards? :( A thing so simple that would make a lot of us a bit... happier.

What about the course generator? It needs some adjustments asap!

I still hope for this... with time they made small adjustments such as letting us paint cars that were unable to do that before... I always look after every update for these small fixes...

"Sorrry - no matches"

Link doesn't seem to work?

Sorry, it was working for me, probably because of the browser-cache.

It is results of search by user, where you can see all Spartans posts - where he was accurate on all provided information regarding updates.

Sorry for the confusion - just click the post icon in his profile and you will see he knows his knowledge 👍

So guess we are stuck with SRF as no mentioning that the driver will soon be turning off the signel light...just goes on and on.

Sorry, it was working for me, probably because of the browser-cache.

It is results of search by user, where you can see all Spartans posts - where he was accurate on all provided information regarding updates.

Sorry for the confusion - just click the post icon in his profile and you will see he knows his knowledge 👍

I thought that's what it was, thanks.

Guardian
Ok, listen closely because this is what were getting:

• El Capitan
• Apricot Hill
• Willow Springs
• Acura NSX Concept
• Ferrari Enzo Concept
• Mclaren P1
• Hennesey Venom GT

Ok, and here's my sources: So no whining.

If this is all true. You will be loved forever. Not doubting you but seems so impossible, but anything is possible. Love the info man.

yeah more maintenance on the 19th.

I don't get why people is so excited about bug fixes, which are now "spartan confirmed". What matters the most is content, particularly new one and not straight up copypasting from already available GT5 content or even from GT4.

Many GT5 players care more about bug fixes and care less about getting more content that will be adversely affected by the bugs.

The idea is this: fixing the bugs will make the existing content (and any future additional content) more enjoyable.

horse > cart 👍

Any word on if we'll ever see physics/graphical upgrades as PD explores more avenues of their new game engine, or are they pretty much done with GT5?

Is it the algorithm that's at fault or the base values on some cars? I don't know exactly how the system works, but it sure doesn't seem like the system is at fault. If I load up the nose of a car, it's PP doesn't all of a sudden drop dramatically.

All in all, the best fix is merely to address problem cars. For the most part, I have to admit that the change had it's benefits. It's just that there are some cheesy cars out there that take all the fun out of it.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I hate when people's expectations are not met, so here you go: the maintenance of the 19th is for Update 2.11 (but it will contain only bug fixes and improvements, no new content.)

Click on his post-history - he was always right so far.

Thanks for the info Spartan 👍

Nothing more to say..

I won't find it disappointing at all. I'm actually happy the PP is going to be back to the way it was at first. Glad PD listened to us. :) Now @Zuel won't have to worry so much about dealing with the new PP finally. :lol:

Thanks for the info @SpartanUK, you rock. :D:tup:

Back