Time Trial #55

Just had another quick session in the Eunos, experimenting with a high rear/low front ride height.

Found a tenth (1'06.5), but not really feeling it after a 4.5 hour drive home - M1 closed at J18 FFS, so had to detour via M69 and M40, then M25 was carpark (I hate British traffic), but I have a days holiday tomorrow, so I'll hit it hard in the morning

Just checked the rankings and there are 3 of us on exactly the same time :lol:

how is your exact setup. I'm just not at 1:07.
my car already overdriven when I look at the accelerator-only.
sorry my english is not so good.

Last edited:
:lol:

If my experience is anything to go by, expect to be a lot slower and spend a lot of time spinning and crashing when you 1st start with a wheel... takes a bit of time to get used to one (well over a month for me)... but once you do, you'll love it :)

I doubt either of these TT's would be the easiest combo to start on either... try something with a bit less power and a bit more grip round somewhere like HSR to start 👍

Yea, I had an old Microsoft wheel years ago. It's a very painful learning process that I never did get used to. I understand the basic though. Smooth input, smooth throttle, Etc. I drive a big rig for 11-14 hours a day (matter of fact I'm heading out soon as I submit this post) and it feels like I have to learn to drive my car all over again everyday when I go home. I expect this process to be somewhat the same with a longer learning period. I'll take your advice. Start small and work my way up. Thanks ;)

Obutto very nice! Good solid build.
I would be jealous if i could fit one in the space i have.
Haha thank you sir! I got very lucky that my wife agreed to it. I have a whole unused basement that is sectioned off into 4 rooms and I attempted to make it my game room before but never got around to it. I actually think the obutto doesn't use much space if you don't use the monitor mount. I know the assembly process is around 4 hours though! Good thing I've got plenty of time lol

how is your exact setup. I'm just not at 1:07.
my car already overdriven when I look at the accelerator-only.
sorry my english is not so good.

No worries on the English :)

There are a couple of my tunes already posted in this thread... I'll post an updated one if I find a better set up than that I already posted... hopefully sometime before tomorrow lunch :D

Decided to have another go at Spa today since I had some time. Spent 30-45 minutes going crazy over the sticking/ghosting accelerator issue I've been putting up with for months(after already replacing the sensor). Spent some more time attempting to fix it. Managed to get it to completely quit working. Figured it was finally dead and time to have Fanatec send me #3, so started messing about with trying to see what I could make it do on the PC. Eventually managed to make something happen, and then eventually figured out how to line it up in it's slot and voila: working perfectly.

Went back to GT5 to see if it would work with that and it remained perfect. After 2 or 3 laps I took half a second off of my time and then 2 or 3 laps later I took another half a second off and got to 2:16.3 I believe. I did have some very slight sticking occur right after that but minor, not sure if it still just isn't lined up perfectly(they never said anything about alignment) or if it's still working on dying. If it is dying, I just hope it happens before my warranty runs out in a few months.

Used Stotty's second tune(down 10 hp) with the rear springs softened by 1.0 since it seemed to help with non-ABS braking on the first version, and I think I set LSD accel up to 15 after noticing some inside-wheelspin exiting La Source.

I can easily see a bit more time in my lap but I just ran a few laps to enjoy not having to be constantly watching the damned telemetry to see what my wheel was doing in every corner.

Haha thank you sir! I got very lucky that my wife agreed to it. I have a whole unused basement that is sectioned off into 4 rooms and I attempted to make it my game room before but never got around to it. I actually think the obutto doesn't use much space if you don't use the monitor mount. I know the assembly process is around 4 hours though! Good thing I've got plenty of time lol

That's it i am jealous now, 4 room basement:drool:
And a wife who agreed to it.:boggled:

And i thought i was lucky to kit out the cupboard under the stairs. I am happy though, i was fed up of things getting buried and lost in it. First i fitted a shelf to mount the steering wheel and bolted a car seat to the floor which was ok but i did'nt have an ideal position.Then i had the opportunity to install surround sound and i also came into a bit of money and seriously started looking for something better than my bodge. Really wanted a G27 and settled on a Playseat as the assembly is not very wide and construction appeared to be substantial, with a few extras seat slider & adjustable pedal plate. Also luck was on my side when a 42" plasma went faulty it went away for repair and came back unrepaired and not in its box, just wrapped in bubble wrap with a scratch in the screen. I complained saying how disgusted i was and demanded a brand new replacement which was delivered and the other taken away. 6 weeks later i get a delivery of a repaired 42" with nowhere to put it. Eventually my father decided he wanted it and we agreed a swap for a 32" of no more than a certain width that i could fit in my cupboard. I am chuffed to bits with it all.
My mates have allways said that 'If i ever fell in s~~t i would still come up smelling of roses'. I guess i have found someone i can say that to now.

Sorry if that was long. You lucky lucky b

try a manhattan apartment:D
When i had to move my playseat from under table to do some repair on the pedals i had to do so much moving of stuff it felt like i was remodeling:D

try a manhattan apartment:D
When i had to move my playseat from under table to do some repair on the pedals i had to do so much moving of stuff it felt like i was remodeling:D

It would be nice to have more space. I have to dismantle everything to get to the back of my cupboard. I recently ended up pulling muscles in my neck, shoulder and stomach after finding out that the fibre optic was in the wrong socket on the amplifier.
Working on a car i would put it down to the joys of motoring, not sure what to put this down to though.:dopey:

It is nice not to have to setup, plug in then unplug, pack away. I just have to fire up the PS3 open the door sit down on with the monitor & amp. Slide the seat forward to drive.

That's it i am jealous now, 4 room basement:drool:
And a wife who agreed to it.:boggled:

And i thought i was lucky to kit out the cupboard under the stairs. I am happy though, i was fed up of things getting buried and lost in it. First i fitted a shelf to mount the steering wheel and bolted a car seat to the floor which was ok but i did'nt have an ideal position.Then i had the opportunity to install surround sound and i also came into a bit of money and seriously started looking for something better than my bodge. Really wanted a G27 and settled on a Playseat as the assembly is not very wide and construction appeared to be substantial, with a few extras seat slider & adjustable pedal plate. Also luck was on my side when a 42" plasma went faulty it went away for repair and came back unrepaired and not in its box, just wrapped in bubble wrap with a scratch in the screen. I complained saying how disgusted i was and demanded a brand new replacement which was delivered and the other taken away. 6 weeks later i get a delivery of a repaired 42" with nowhere to put it. Eventually my father decided he wanted it and we agreed a swap for a 32" of no more than a certain width that i could fit in my cupboard. I am chuffed to bits with it all.
My mates have allways said that 'If i ever fell in s~~t i would still come up smelling of roses'. I guess i have found someone i can say that to now.

Sorry if that was long. You lucky lucky b

That's quite the setup you have lol sounds like it took some rigging! I used to play in a recliner with a board across the arms on a Microsoft wheel. That didn't last long before I sold it. I always said if I got into racing again, I would do it right. And this is a step in that direction

I am lucky to have my wife. She's forgiving on a lot of stuff I want to spend money on. Once I get used to this thing you all better watch out ;)

Dhalsim, I don't even want to imagine. :P

Any one on here that has good setup for miata care to send me fr and share there car:tup: ps3 sn dgafaboutany1420

Any one on here that has good setup for miata care to send me fr and share there car:tup: ps3 sn dgafaboutany1420

Wow , that's pretty lazy dude! Go to the first page and every tune that has been created is sitting there as a link (kindly updated by ripping_silk). Just click and go!

They are ALL good tunes, you need to figure out what is best by putting a little effort into trying them 👍

edit: ......and the car is readily available for you to buy from the NCD

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard to gte much more speed out of the Eunos... down to a 1'06.433 for 25th, and I know there's another 0.1 in it for me, but I've just not been able to nail it... running lots of 0.5's and 0.4's, but no 0.3 yet :(

Using an updated tune, running less ballast and less power and a shorter gearbox... gives better power:weight, so is slightly faster on the straights, despite having less BHP... though it's hard to tell if the tune is better or I'm just driving a bit better.. really need someone a bit faster (like Bandit or Screp) to run it and let me have their thoughts.

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 v3

Current time 1.06.433

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing. Mine's fully run in - sent Bob round the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance in it and then did another oil change.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement and sports intake manifold.

145kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 16
Power limiter 96.2%

Makes 238bhp @ 976kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -25 +20
Spring 10.6 9.6
Rebound 9 3
Bound 3 2
ARB 1 7
Camber 1.4 0.5
Toe +0.15 -0.05

LSD 5 11 5

Brakes 3 5

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.336
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.908 (hots the limiter just before braking for the final turn.. should really lengthen 5th a bit, but I don't think it impacts lap times)

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard to gte much more speed out of the Eunos... down to a 1'06.433 for 25th, and I know there's another 0.1 in it for me, but I've just not been able to nail it... running lots of 0.5's and 0.4's, but no 0.3 yet :(

Using an updated tune, running less ballast and less power and a shorter gearbox... gives better power:weight, so is slightly faster on the straights, despite having less BHP... though it's hard to tell if the tune is better or I'm just driving a bit better.. really need someone a bit faster (like Bandit or Screp) to run it and let me have their thoughts.

Current time 1.06.433

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing. Mine's fully run in - sent Bob round the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance in it and then did another oil change.

Parts

145kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 16
Power limiter 96.2%

Settings
Ride -25 +20
Spring 10.6 9.6
Rebound 9 3
Bound 3 2
ARB 1 7
Camber 1.4 0.5
Toe +0.15 -0.05

LSD 5 11 5

Brakes 3 5

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.336
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.908 (hots the limiter just before braking for the final turn.. should really lengthen 5th a bit, but I don't think it impacts lap times)

Going to make myself a cheese and onion sarnie, then have another quick go in the NASCAR before packing and heading North :)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the new tune.

Are you leaving already :lol:

Grr... thought I'd save time by using a quote form my own post... and forgot to delete that bit off :lol:

Current time 1.06.433

Parts

145kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 16
Power limiter 96.2%

Settings
Ride -25 +20
Spring 10.6 9.6
Rebound 9 3
Bound 3 2
ARB 1 7
Camber 1.4 0.5
Toe +0.15 -0.05

LSD 5 11 5

Brakes 3 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.336
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331

I will have a go some point this evening, I am beginning to love Tsukuba after the WRS was on it last week =)

Current time 1.06.433

Parts

145kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 16
Power limiter 96.2%

Settings
Ride -25 +20
Spring 10.6 9.6
Rebound 9 3
Bound 3 2
ARB 1 7
Camber 1.4 0.5
Toe +0.15 -0.05

LSD 5 11 5

Brakes 3 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.336
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331

why should not install the sport intake manifold?

why should not install the sport intake manifold?

Mine doesn't have it as it's fully run in... if I install the intake manifold I have to run too much power limiter.

If your car isn't run in you'll probably need to fit it.

Thanks for the share, I'll give it a go later on tonight or tomorrow. Your last tune enabled me to finally get in the 1:07's ( be it a high one at 01:07.818 :lol: ), although I changed the amount of downforce by a wee bit 👍.
So I have high hopes for this one :lol:

Couldn't get your tune to work but I have been doing the WRS all week on racing softs so this feels really weird now, I think I've had enough of these seasonal TTs for now, I might wait for the next ones until I attempt them again.

Improved by SEVEN THOUSANDTH, which was just enough to best Cage Rage by 5 thousandth:D Thats McBride right.
Oh yea

Current time 1.06.433

Partse

145kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 16
Power limiter 96.2%

Settings
Ride -25 +20
Spring 10.6 9.6
Rebound 9 3
Bound 3 2
ARB 1 7
Camber 1.4 0.5
Toe +0.15 -0.05

LSD 5 11 5

Brakes 3 5

1st 3.299
2nd 2.336
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331

That's freaky you have selected exactly the same gear ratio's as me down too the *.*** for the first 4 the 5th was out by just a few. Dam want to do the lottery this week?

I see you also picked up on the rear ride hight trick.. haven't tryied it yet but I noticed in some ghosts they looking jacked up at the back.

As for the ratios I tryed longer using the torque of the engine, but found more grip using the engine at higher rev's.. also looking at the ghost they are using short ratios too. So agree here.

I'll report back soon on how I feel the ride hight changes have effected the car.

Had another hour in the NASCAR whilst my wife and her parents went for a wonder round M&S and improved to 2'12.036 for 12th.

Still another couple of tenths to chase, but happy for now :)

I had a go with your new tune Stotty and we must have different styles. I thought my set up was loose. lol I had to change back.

I guess I can drop a couple tenths if I get lucky. I've messed around with my set up and it may be a little better for me but it's just not working out. I hope to give doodle a run for his money but we'll see.

I had a go with your new tune Stotty and we must have different styles. I thought my set up was loose. lol I had to change back.

If you think that tune is loose you should try the one I tried earlier... it will spin on the brakes, off the brakes and on the power :D

Loose is fast ;)

If you think that tune is loose you should try the one I tried earlier... it will spin on the brakes, off the brakes and on the power :D

Loose is fast ;)
Depends of if you are using active steering on strong or not. You need to have a more stable car if you are not using active steering as traction is key to going faster. Active steering helps correct them small slides and helps out a lot on low speed. Luckily it is not too hard to change a setup designed for active steering on strong driver to someone who prefers the feeling without it.

Stotty-san do you take the corner right before sector 2 ends on tsukuba flat out?
If yes, on all of evolutions of ur tune or only latest?

Back