Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,715 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Stoner will be at the Driver meet in Rundle Mall?

You'd hope so, considering his car is being unveiled then, although that depends on if they are indeed unveiling it there.
Who knows, I'd say he's more likely than not to be there.
 
Last edited:
I do know that Casey Stoner's Dunlop Series car gets unveiled tomorrow, though.

And here it is.

Screen-Shot-2013-02-27-at-10.09.56-AM-344x233.png

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/27/first-pics-casey-stoner-unveils-dunlop-series-racer/

Bigger picture.
2013stoner.jpg


Edit: Also, Shane van Gisbergen’s VIP Pet Foods Commodore.

VanGisbergen13-344x229.jpg

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/27/tekno-unveils-van-gisbergens-2013-challenger/
 
Last edited:
I have a dumb question, you were warned!

Only the V8SC are coming to Texas correct, not the Dunlop series too?
 
I have a dumb question, you were warned!

Only the V8SC are coming to Texas correct, not the Dunlop series too?

Yeah, only the main series.
 
No, the Dunlop Series won't be appearing in Texas. It would be way too expensive to get there.
 
Big version o van Gisbergen's new paint job:

shanefm.jpg


Dean Fiore's livery, photographed by a sharp-eyed Twitter user in the Clipsal paddock:

BEFjHkYCUAEQfF9.jpg:large


Scott Pye's garage door reveals his new sponsor, ekol:

482417_495266757204615_352321880_n.jpg


And according to Tekno Autosports' Facebook page, Jonathon Webb will contest the Clipsal 500 with the "Police 40" design he used at Sydney Motorsport Park.
 
I'm not sure about Van Gisbergen's livery though. Never really liked the look of the VIP cars.
It looks a bit bare on the sponsorship too...

I've never been a big fan of the VIP livery's in the past either. But I think they have really nailed this one, I like it a hell of a lot.
 
The weather is a bit gloomy here today. Too bad it doesn't look like this kind of weather will stick around for the next few days. The rain effected Clipsal of a few years ago was definitely one of the most fun I've been to. Either way, it's bound to be a great weekend as usual! Also, I'm fairly sure this will be my 10th Clipsal 500! Seems like it was only a few years ago that I first attended.
 
To all those V8 fans in NZ, V8 Supercars have just announced a 5 year deal with Sky Sports NZ.

https://twitter.com/v8supercars/status/306646398445711360
Three cheers for V8s being on pay TV for five years! Oh, wait...

Can only hope that the Sky Sports deal includes races being broadcast live on Prime, which Sky owns. If not then it's a terrible deal for the armchair fan, even worse than the TV3 one.
 
Three cheers for V8s being on pay TV for five years! Oh, wait...

Can only hope that the Sky Sports deal includes races being broadcast live on Prime, which Sky owns. If not then it's a terrible deal for the armchair fan, even worse than the TV3 one.

Considering the TV deals here in Australia are now worth 10 million dollars less than the previous contract, there's a good chance that the future of V8SC is on Pay-TV here as well.
 
Fiore and Pye will have their liveries formally launched this evening.

In the meantime, this is the reverse side of the Dodo transporter, ofreshadowing Pye's design:

V8supercars_clipsal_15.jpg


Nobody seems to know who ekol is, though.
 
Pardon another double-post, but it turns out we didn't have to wait long:

pye-ldm-v8-supercars-ekol-344x237.jpg
 
The Fiore livery (below) is ok but the Pye one is like the HHA Mercedes, ugh.
fiore-dodo-344x200.jpg
 
Any word on an official live stream for Clipsal? I enjoyed the Bathurst 12 hour and have been watching some of the old 2011 and 2012 season races on Youtube. I hope to see more live streamed races this year.
 
None that I'm aware of. But the races are uploaded in full onto YouTube shortly after they have been run.
 
None that I'm aware of. But the races are uploaded in full onto YouTube shortly after they have been run.
Well, that's not too bad. I'll just have to avoid spoilers until then.
 
Well, that's not too bad. I'll just have to avoid spoilers until then.

They didn't do every race the last time I checked, but they might of uploaded more races since I last looked.

Sometimes they live stream via YouTube for international viewers, not sure if they'll do all the races, but defintely Bathurst and potentially the other enduros.

In Australia you have to go via Bigpond, but I believe you need to be a customer for that to happen.
 
None that I'm aware of. But the races are uploaded in full onto YouTube shortly after they have been run.

Excellent. I am subscribed to the Aussie V8 Supercars Channel but I was not sure how long after the race that the races get uploaded.

I am watching last years Clipsal 500...just to get me in the mood of course!

Quick word on the liveries of Fiore and Pye....yuk! Sorry. Not for me.

I am aching to find out what Steve Johnson and SVG will be racing with.
 
Any word on an official live stream for Clipsal? I enjoyed the Bathurst 12 hour and have been watching some of the old 2011 and 2012 season races on Youtube. I hope to see more live streamed races this year.

V8 Supercars may stream the race over YouTube. If not, there's usually a stream on Justin.tv available. (usually but not always) If there's no stream this weekend I may just go nuts.
 
Channel 7 the primary broadcaster of V8SC is owned or owns yahoo now, you maybe able to pick up a livestream from there or go to bigpond.tv,

Also try speed channel or radio le mans, or the Motor Racing Network, I used MRN for the Rolex 24hr, they actually had decent coverage, and it was ad free,

Hopefully being less then 50KM away I wont have to do this,
 
The Giz might be in trouble, with speculation suggesting that Erebus Motorsport could mount a legal challenge to stop him from racing:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/moto...rgen-racing-20130227-2f6kk.html#ixzz2M93m5xLO

Honestly, I don't see how he could win this one.

It seems he had a clear non-compete clause in a contract that he had a fair bit of time left on to serve.
I guess it all comes down to what we don't know and it seems there's plenty we don't know.

I'm not sure how they'd stop him competing this weekend, but I could definitely see the rest of the season in trouble.
 
But Technically the non-compete cause was with SBR who technically don't exist anymore so he can't have a none complete clause against a team that doesn't exist now ;).
 
Honestly, I don't see how he could win this one.
It has been speculated that the change in ownership from the Stones to Betty Klimenko had a knock-on effect in van Gisbergen's contract.

I'm not sure how they'd stop him competing this weekend, but I could definitely see the rest of the season in trouble.
A temporary legal injunction served to the team on the eve of competition would do it. With the race the next day, it would give Tenko no time to challenge it before the race, and thus no choice but to stand van Gisbergen down. The real problem is that because both the car and the driver are, technically, able to compete, Tekno might get hit with further fines or penalties from VESA if they don't enter the car - so they might be forced to draft in a temporary replacement.

Anyway, the first practice session for the Dunlop Series has wrapped up, and Casey Stoner finished in an impressive ninth place overall:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/28/mostert-fastest-as-stoner-makes-strong-debut/
 
It has been speculated that the change in ownership from the Stones to Betty Klimenko had a knock-on effect in van Gisbergen's contract.
I didn't think of that, I'm not entirely sure of the details of the deal done there. I thought it was a merger, and if that's the case would that just mean the contract was absorbed by Erebus?
But, since there is a new owner and the team technically is no more, I can see how the contract could be under scrutiny.

A temporary legal injunction served to the team on the eve of competition would do it. With the race the next day, it would give Tenko no time to challenge it before the race, and thus no choice but to stand van Gisbergen down. The real problem is that because both the car and the driver are, technically, able to compete, Tekno might get hit with further fines or penalties from VESA if they don't enter the car - so they might be forced to draft in a temporary replacement.

Yeah true, this doesn't bode well at all. I understand why Erebus would pursue this, van Gisbergen from what's reported flat-out lied to get out of his contract and then went to another team. Although, reports can be misleading.
I'll be interested in what is said if this gets any further.

Who would they bring in to replace him?
Anyway, the first practice session for the Dunlop Series has wrapped up, and Casey Stoner finished in an impressive ninth place overall:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/28/mostert-fastest-as-stoner-makes-strong-debut/

Well done to him, its a tough move, even if he's got some of the best equipment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back