Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,671 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought V8SC were only going to allow the use of #3 for special reason's otherwise have it retired for Jason Richards?

(special reason like if Jim Richards and Larry Perkins decided to pair up and have another crack at Bathurst,
 
I thought V8SC were only going to allow the use of #3 for special reason's otherwise have it retired for Jason Richards?
Nope. Tony D'Alberto has been using it for years.
 
Steven Johnson out of drivers seat at DJR
Steven Johnson has taken up the position of general manager at his father’s Dick Johnson Racing outfit having stepped down from driving duties.
The troubled team has announced this morning new sponsorship from security services company Wilson Security and card services solutions firm ADVAM that will enable it to put two cars on the grid at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Tim Blanchard is already confirmed in one entry, while the team says that Johnson’s replacement will be announced in the coming days.

And the DJR's livery's for Adelaide.
DJR-workshop-344x190.png
 
Those are my new favourite liveries: simple, clean and effective.

Bigger version:

542662_419120181507522_972394928_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I always liked DJR liveries, they "flow" with the bodywork very nicely. Hope Steve Owen gets the 2nd seat.
 
Tony Ricciardello has been tipped for the second seat, the ADVAM car (which will apparently be re-numbered #12).
 
I much prefer the Advam livery. The Blue and White combination really works for me.

Hope Steve Owen gets the 2nd seat.

👍
 
The latest rumour that I have heard is that the seat will be taken by someone connected to Wilson Security who doesn't currently have anything to do with V8 Supercars (Blanchard is expected to move over to the ADVAM car). Which makes sense for two reasons - one, Wilson Security is backing the car, so obviously they'll want someone they know in it; and secondly, I'm not aware of any V8 Supercar drivers who are out of a seat, but have a connection to Wilson Security.

Daniel Gaunt is the name I've heard mentioned the most in this regard, since he competes (or has competed in the past) in the Carrera Cup with sponsorship from Wilson Security.
 
It's amazing that some designers can be so basic in their liveries that they are amazing while others try way too hard. RedBull so far has been the biggest failed one while all the others look good (DJR is probably tied for 2nd for me while the Pepsi Max are perfect for me too).
 
Dale Wood woulda been a contender for the DJR seat if he wasnt in the dunlop series.
 
Wood doesn't have backing from Wilson Security. He's driving the GB Galvanising car.
 
Can't wait for the race this weekend. Hopefully there's a decent internet stream, not going to be happy if I miss it!
 
I like it, even though it only looks half-done around the top of the bonnet.
 
Caught myself refreshing the SpeedCafe every few minutes earlier today, in the hopes that LDM or TA would release their liveries. I was that bored. It didn't acheive much, either - not only are there no new livery launches, but I have no idea when they will be released (but it has to be soon; the first practice session is on Thursday or Friday).

I do know that Casey Stoner's Dunlop Series car gets unveiled tomorrow, though.
 
They could be released tomorrow? On the Wednesday before Clipsal, there's usually a driver meet on Rundle Mall in Adelaide with cars on display, usual promotion stuff. There could could be a slight chance of them being unveiled there.
 
I should probably go to Clipsal this year just to hear the Merc and Nissans alone!

I also see Ken Block will be here this year.
 
They could be released tomorrow? On the Wednesday before Clipsal, there's usually a driver meet on Rundle Mall in Adelaide with cars on display, usual promotion stuff. There could could be a slight chance of them being unveiled there.
Nah, I think that would be a mistake. All the public and media attention is going to be focused squarely on Stoner.
 
Do you think Stoner will be at the Driver meet in Rundle Mall?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back