450PP Mini Challenge - A-spec

One, I wouldn't expect PD to produce seasonals which the BEST IN THE WORLD find 'challenging', because the REST OF THE WORLD would quickly stop participating.

The TT's exist for the purpose of establishing bragging rights.

There are ways for the participant to make the event more challenging for them. Why not explore that route instead of telling everyone who finds the event challenging enough that they suck?
The back-door boasting can grow tiresome.
Agreed!👍:)

:nervous:

This event is way too easy.golded every single race on my first try with a 2007 Mini Cooper s

Lap times needed to win:

Rome 1:30
Eiger 1:20
DeepForest 1:35
Côte d'Azur 2:01
Eifel 60.6

Rome the easiest, Eifel toughest. '11 Mini Cooper S with only mild tunes good, did need some tranny mods for a couple.

Lap times needed to win:

Rome 1:30
Eiger 1:20
DeepForest 1:35
Côte d'Azur 2:01
Eifel 60.6

Rome the easiest, Eifel toughest. '11 Mini Cooper S with only mild tunes good, did need some tranny mods for a couple.

I took me 58 consistent seconds to win at eifel

I plan on doing this because I adore Lvl 0 car tickets. ha ha :)
Can I manage it without too much fuss with a stock mini or one just slightly modified with a few tacked on parts? I don't really like having to tune the crap out of a car.

I plan on doing this because I adore Lvl 0 car tickets. ha ha :)
Can I manage it without too much fuss with a stock mini or one just slightly modified with a few tacked on parts? I don't really like having to tune the crap out of a car.
I golded with a mostly stock (no power adders or weight reduction) countryman.

This event was pretty easy but I still had fun and I'm not complaining. Did the first race on a completely stock (not broken in 399pp) Mini Cooper S 2011 then added the best clutch, flywheel, tranny (simple adjustment for top speed only,) LSD, and suspension for the rest. Found Eiger to be the closest race and figured I'd have issues with the Eifel track but finished that one some almost 13 seconds ahead. Gained 1pp during the races. Gold first try on each race.

Here's my tune if you care to try it out:

Suspension:
Ride Height -17/22
SR 12/4.5
Ext 7/2
Com 3/2
Roll 7/2
Camber 2.9/1.9
Toe -15/-15

LSD:
7/x
16/x
14/x

Transmission:
Top speed adjust per track
Brake Balance:
Driver preference

Sark

PS: Got a Silvia Varietta '00 in Active Red for the ticket. :)

Last edited:
For those saying about "Back door braging", I don't think you're quite grasping what I'm complaining about exactly. Yes, I think the seasonals are easy, but it's nothing to do with pace, it's to do with the AI's behaviour.

Like I said before, the AI should not coast when you are within a 25 meter range, they should be, at all times, pushing their vehicles to the limit except for when there is obvious danger. Has anyone ever seen racers drive on a circuit the way the AI do? This thing is called a simulator after all.

I'm not sure how the AI can be defended in anyway. We shouldn't have to try and make it challenging either by running half the power and 200KG heavier, it should be a challenge from the start.

And for those that are still going on saying "But what about us normal people". If they are aiming events at "normal" people, then why on Earth are they listing the events as "Expert". Surely the whole point of something people labelled "Expert" is that it requires skill to win/complete. Not all events are listed as expert, and yet they are more difficult than this seasonal and other "Expert" seasonals.

I really can't see how people can defend PD over this, they've completely messed up on these seasonal events, and did a long, long time ago. that's why I hardly bother with them anymore.

Why should I have to move on to something else? I should be able to enjoy partaking in these things, as should everyone.

I agree with Lewis but still i'm not playing gt5 as musch as i was doing a couple of years ago so i really don't care anymore about sesonal events, but what makes me sad is how easy they are compared to the first ones: i still remember the one with the Subaru Impreza on Laguna Seca... had to do it a lot of times before getting that bloody Gold Medal but it was so satisfying : )

If they call them: Expert Events, why ending up with SRF on and things like that, it doesn't make sense at all but whatever... it's just a game wit retarded AI : P.

Then also i've got a real Mini that i drive everyday and driving it even in GT5 ... no thanks XD.

Have a nice day everyone.

this challenge is very easy and fun. I did with Mini cooper s 11´ or Countryman ( I thought it is 4wd 👎) and easy win with 430pp first time every race

As already stated unbelievably easy. PD really need to remove the 'expert' tag from these events.

I usually send spare car tickets to my son but in this instance I got 'the car cannot be gifted' (or similar, I cannot remember the exact words now). Anyone else had this ? Why would PD suddenly decide to block the sharing of prize car tickets ?

I /\ dunno why they blocked the gift car thing, that's a pain for my and my other accounts too.
They can call the seasonal what they like for me to be honest because i like this seasonal, partly because we (my wife really) has a MINI, it's a *great* little car, so yeah they are great fun for me, even though i have only tried Rome in a MINI One with 380 pp.
I have to look at other interesting things because i have 20 mill in the bank most times, and i have like a dozen ssets of each upgrades in the "items list", engine mod stage 1,2,3, and turbo's etc. I was on level 40 for points *ages* (probably over a year) ago.
Lewis Hamilton, the AI are simply not developed enough to be anything like real people!
Damon Hill, what sort of a real MINI? a MINI or a Mini? lol
Why not try them with less power more weight and so less pp???
:lol: :) By the way, i'm going to change my usernamer to Jackie Stewart, or Jim Clark.......Ayrton Senna :lol: , only joking!!!

Last edited:
As already stated unbelievably easy. PD really need to remove the 'expert' tag from these events.

I usually send spare car tickets to my son but in this instance I got 'the car cannot be gifted' (or similar, I cannot remember the exact words now). Anyone else had this ? Why would PD suddenly decide to block the sharing of prize car tickets ?

I just went and checked after reading your post here and sure enough, you can't gift that ticket. That seems to be the only on of my prize tickets that can't be gifted so they must have just started doing this. Why, your guess is as good as mine. I just love tho how PD makes changes without telling us. I guess we are just supposed to guess as to whats going on. Kinda makes me wonder what other changes have been made that nobody has noticed. Thats PD for ya tho, always keeping us in the dark.

You can't gift the ticket? :confused:

Would this block prevent people from duping tickets and then re-rolling that way or whatnot? :boggled: Not sure if I have that straight actually. But that's the only thing I could think of... that for some arcane reason they'd like to stop people doing that. :rolleyes: (As if that's the worst of their issues with people exploiting things in the game. :rolleyes: :boggled: :lol:)

You'll still be able to give the car that comes out of it though right?

You can't gift the ticket? :confused:

Would this block prevent people from duping tickets and then re-rolling that way or whatnot? :boggled: Not sure if I have that straight actually. But that's the only thing I could think of... that for some arcane reason they'd like to stop people doing that. :rolleyes: (As if that's the worst of their issues with people exploiting things in the game. :rolleyes: :boggled: :lol:)

You'll still be able to give the car that comes out of it though right?

Thought something was odd on the Overtake runs they have up. Think you might have to use the ticket once you get it. I got the 1000K ticket and did not use it. Left to save the game and when I got back in, the ticket was gone out of the truck.

The ONE
Based on the Mini One '02

romerq.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

237bhp
449pp
202 ft. lb. @5400 RPM of torque
weight 957Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
Paint - Indi Blue Metallic(a)
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Hard (S1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 124
1st - 3.920
2nd - 3.050
3rd - 2.350
4th - 1.880
5th - 1.550
6th - 1.324
Final - 2.600
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 12/18//10

Ride Hight - Front: 0 Rear: -20
Spring Rate- Front: 5.5 Rear: 3.5
Extention- Front: 9 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 10
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 7
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.20 Rear: 0.00
Brakes- Front: 3 Rear: 7

TUNER NOTES -
So a new seasonal is here, and our friends over at Motor City Tunes have tuned up ALOT of tunes for it... but they forgot ONE. If you are looking for the ONE, look no further. The ONE you are looking for is right here at Clueless :dopey:... anyway, when you try all of MCH's tunes for the Mini try this ONE. You may like it.
(at 449pp it is a little overkill for the seasonal, so a good driver could go much lower. Remove the turbo and see what happens :dopey: )

Thought something was odd on the Overtake runs they have up. Think you might have to use the ticket once you get it. I got the 1000K ticket and did not use it. Left to save the game and when I got back in, the ticket was gone out of the truck.

All of my tickets I have gotten from this are still in my truck, they haven't went anywhere.

I'm a hoarder when it comes to tickets. I have over 350 in my truck right now, lol. So no, I don't have the issue you just explained. Maybe you exited too quickly before it got a chance to save. Or maybe you hit the 7000 item limit at that time. If thats the case, the ticket won't go to your truck, you'll just lose it right then. Had that happen to me before as I am always treading dangerously close to that limit.

PD doesn't label the event "Pro". I think people fail to take into account how much they've improved since they've started playing.

]PD doesn't label the event "Pro". [/B]I think people fail to take into account how much they've improved since they've started playing.

I beg to differ. It says right at the top of the description. "This is an expert level race event using the stylish Mini."

Now for one thing, there is no way they should be calling a race with SRF locked on an "expert challenge." That is just ridiculous. Furthermore, with this event being as easy as it is, it is far from being an expert challenge. A 5 year old could win this event.

I remember back a while ago, they had what was really an expert challenge. I forget specifically what cars were involved but that particular event was harder than hell to win. Some of the long time members here may remember that event. PD had really ramped up the AI for that event. I don't know why they didn't stay with that format, but the next update went back to normal with the events being relitivally easy to win.

I beg to differ. It says right at the top of the description. "This is an expert level race event using the stylish Mini."

Now for one thing, there is no way they should be calling a race with SRF locked on an "expert challenge." That is just ridiculous. Furthermore, with this event being as easy as it is, it is far from being an expert challenge. A 5 year old could win this event.

I remember back a while ago, they had what was really an expert challenge. I forget specifically what cars were involved but that particular event was harder than hell to win. Some of the long time members here may remember that event. PD had really ramped up the AI for that event. I don't know why they didn't stay with that format, but the next update went back to normal with the events being relitivally easy to win.
You beg to differ, then you go on and respond to what I specifically didn't say. Good job. "expert" is not "pro" nor does it imply "best of the best". It's not a challenge to you because, as much as it pains me to say it, YOU'VE GOTTEN THAT MUCH BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED PLAYING.

Once again. IF PD MADE THE CHALLENGES DIFFICULT FOR YOU, IT WOULD BE DISCOURAGINGLY DIFFICULT FOR THE REST OF THE NORMAL POPULATION.

And another thing, the MINI challenge is more difficult than the NASCAR challenge. How do you like that for pronouncements on something which is, by definition, SUBJECTIVE?

Best to just ignore some folks :ouch:

It was using the Fiat at Trial Mountain and using the Subaru at Laguna....those were super fun / difficult challanges.

Best to just ignore some folks :ouch:

It was using the Fiat at Trial Mountain and using the Subaru at Laguna....those were super fun / difficult challanges.

I will take that advice and from now on consider the source *cough*incessant complainer*cough*

Gosh peeps calm down. It does indeed say "expert".
And y'all realize, right, that "pro" is short for "PROFESSIONAL"? It's not some generic word that means "to be good at something". Olympic athletes are spectacular - they are NOT professionals!! (ie: not "pros" - not all of them at least- and at one time you could NOT be professional & compete in olympics!)
Professional means you do it for pay... so unless someone is being paid to professionally play a video game, I don't think there's any such thing as "pro" anyway. So I'm finding it difficult to see what that's about, or why you would have a "pro" event in gt5. :boggled:

Announcement : This is very entertaining to read :lol: First was on another thread about SRF on seasonal, and now here ... nothing will ever change, I am just going to read on and enjoy the amusement :cool:

Expert and Pro are pretty much the same thing.

People who are the best at something, are called experts.

Why should events ONLY be made for super casual players. Surely the people who stick with the game, are the seasoned players? Casual players pick up a game, play it for a couple of hours, and then play something else without finishing or even getting to grips with the previous game.

PD has a massive fan base of dedicated players that have been there since the start (GT1), and there are thousands of super fast racers. PD obviously recognise this, as they set up the GT Academy. That is one of the only truly challenging things in this game, and that is because it is against real people. The only other truly difficult challenges are the Vettel ones, and perhaps the 8C at Eiger and Elise at the Top Gear tracks, but these have been majorly dumbed down since release day.

Everything else is geared towards the casual player, how on Earth is that fair to the rest of the fanbase?

They need to make challenges for both the highly skilled people and the casual players, and not just for people who lack skills or cannot be bothered to develop them. Although in my opinion, it should mostly be for the skilled people because it is called a simulator. I'll just stress that point one more time, a simulator.

To be fair, the discussion about this being an "expert" seasonal isn't really dependent on the SRF issue.
It's a legitimate debate regardless of that debate.
Fact is, the "typical opponents" are all in what appear to be stock Mini Coopers... while the player is allowed to use (open) tuning up to 450pp :boggled: That seems a bit odd for an expert level seasonal event IMHO.
Expert and Pro are the same thing.
Begging your pardon, but they're not.
You can be an expert in something and NOT do it professionally. (ie: do it for pleasure, not money)

Last edited:
People who are the best at something, are called experts.

And your position is that PD should create the seasonals in a way so that they are only accessible to 'the best'.

Got it.

BTW here is the dictionary definition of the word.

ex·pert (kspûrt)
n.
1. A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.
a. The highest grade that can be achieved in marksmanship.
b. A person who has achieved this grade.
adj. (kspûrt, k-spûrt)
Having, involving, or demonstrating great skill, dexterity, or knowledge as the result of experience or training. See Synonyms at proficient.
[Middle English, from Old French, experienced, from Latin expertus, past participle of experr, to try; see per-3 in Indo-European roots.]
expertly adv.
expertness n.

I see no mention of "best".

Everything else is geared towards the casual player, how on Earth is that fair to the rest of the fanbase?
That's not accurate. TT's are certainly not geared toward the casual player.

Instead of trying to petition PD to change their seasonal structure to suit your increasingly advanced needs, the obvious solution is to create your own rooms online, with your own hand selected elite drivers, following your own rules for racing.

THAT'S a reasonable response to not liking something.

And y'all realize, right, that "pro" is short for "PROFESSIONAL"? It's not some generic word that means "to be good at something". Olympic athletes are spectacular - they are NOT professionals!!

Point taken. By the same token, I'm contending that "Expert" doesn't define some objective level.

It's a purely subjective term at its' core.

The seasonals ARE more difficult than A-spec, so if A-spec is beginner, then surely the seasonals are something OTHER than beginner.

Last edited:
And your position is that PD should create the seasonals in a way so that they are only accessible to 'the best.

You obviously lack the ability to read.

watermelonpunch
Begging your pardon, but they're not.

Check my post again, I was meaning to put pretty much the same, I ninja edited it. Both mean very good at what they do, whether you get paid to do it or not.

Latest Posts

Back