GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

I'm excited to get home and put it together in a couple hours. When I post pics you will also see that my home theatre system as grown a lot over the last year. I have been bitten by the upgraditus bug for the home theater stuff. I no longer need nor want to go to an actual theater any more.

Here are some pics of my driving rig, and 9.2 channel Home Theater system.

The tower of power :) Consists of an Onkyo TX-NR1009 receiver , Sony Turn Table , PS3 , Denon 5 Disc CD Player , Wii , Sony DBP-S790 Blu-ray player.
Emotiva XPA-2 Power amp on the stand on the right, 300 watts per channel all channels driven.

Entire front stage, Polk Audio Monitor 70 Left and Right mains, Polk Audio CS2 center speaker, Polk Audio OWM3 front high Left and Right , 2 Polk Audio PSW505 12" Subwoofers ,Mitsubishi WD60737 HD TV.

Rear Stage, Polk Audio Monitor 40s on 36" Sanus stands Surround speakers(another one on other side of room not pictured) Polk Audio OWM3 rear surrounds.

Last but not least the driving rig, rSeat RS GTR V2 and G27 wheel set.

My new triple screen rig:

Very nice setup you have there. One thing I don't like tho, is all those wires you have just hanging about in a cluttered manner. Clean that mess up would you.:lol: Sorry, I'm just super anal when it comes to stuff like that.:crazy: I'll have to popst pics of my setup so you can see what I'm talking about.

Very nice Tim, did you have to install a separate 100 amp panel to handle the additional current for that rig?

Yeh, looks as if he's mounted the Obutto rig ontop of some wheels :D Nice DIY!

Does the F1 custom wheel come with its own shifters? The default shifters look kinda ridiculous, as they are about as big as the wheel itself! Either way, very jealous, awsome rig!

Super setup Tim!! Is the seat mobile? Looks like two furniture dollies under the seat. 👍👍

Yes, that's exactly right, it's mounted that way so it can easily be moved around although now with the three screens there's no way to move it out the door! :lol: But with that setup, you take off the screen mounts and it's pretty easy to transport even via truck without taking it apart (which I've done). :sly:

I'm not really concerned with wires where the system is located nor is that one of my things.

More to my concern is getting the triple screen aligned properly in the game... that's not easy!

Yes, that's exactly right, it's mounted that way so it can easily be moved around although now with the three screens there's no way to move it out the door! :lol: But with that setup, you take off the screen mounts and it's pretty easy to transport even via truck without taking it apart (which I've done). :sly:

I'm not really concerned with wires where the system is located nor is that one of my things.

More to my concern is getting the triple screen aligned properly in the game... that's not easy!
I'm not one to bundle up all those wires either, I'd just have to un-bundle to make changes!! Smart thinking on the dollies!!

I'm not one to bundle up all those wires either, I'd just have to un-bundle to make changes!! Smart thinking on the dollies!!

Sorry, I'm just an anal neat freak.:lol: Goes along with my germaphobia.:lol: When I was married, yes I wore the pants in the family, but there were times I had to put on my maids outfit also.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, my triple screen adventure continues...

I tried to use them in the EU race even though the angles alignment wasn't yet set up that great (I read the guide but it's tricky). All went well through quali and I got a PR lap actually. Just as we were done quali the right and left PS3s lost connections to the "server" PS3 and moments later the entire thing disconnected from PSN and I got DC'd. I *never* get DC'd so that got me worried. This thing does generate a lot of LAN traffic and with 16 drivers in the room maybe it is too much? I reconnects to the lounge in single screen setup and raced that way without another DC.

Before the NA race I got the setup better aligned... I'm 98% there now, but its still not perfect. The two client screens disconnected once before quali, but I quickly put them back in client mode and they worked like a charm through the quali and race without another glitch.

Suzuka is stunning in triple screens... Just a whole different experience... Even the ambient lighting seems different... Bright on the front straight and S-curves and dark and cloudy near 130R and approaching the chicane. I never really noticed with one screen, but its impossible not to see with three screens where you see so much more sky. The peripheral views are amazing... Just before reaching the pit complex you can see cars at the top of the S-curve section. Gives you a new perspective of the track and where it flows as a whole. Can't wait to drive Nurb 24 at dusk or Spa!

As far as the racing/speed... Not sure it is going to make any difference as you are focused on the center screen 90% of the time. I had to stop myself from staring at the Ferris Wheel constantly. :lol: but hairpins are nice as you can see the exit sooner... But for that to be a real benefit the angles/perspectives need to be perfect which they aren't yet.

Maybe if someone uses cockpit view it opens up so much more vision, but in bumper cam it's just about the experience (so far).

I'll be anxious to see if it has problems with very large grids online. If so that will be a big disappointment.

PS. This will be great for parity races where we are side by side bumper to bumper for many laps. It's much easier to see a car alongside.

Awesome Tim, the only thing holding me from going to a 3 screen setup is the fact you need 3 consoles or a PC. As I am not buying any pc anymore, I would need 3 PS3's. I hope somewhere in the future an easier solution comes along.

Here is my current setup ;

Last edited:
I ended up returning the triple screens and going back to single screen. I had one glorious race with all three at Suzuka and it was fun. But with 3 PS3s being linked via the LAN it just wasn't reliable enough to count on. Often about 30 minutes into a session one of the two side monitors PS3s (clients) would lose it's connection with the main PS3 (server) and the screen would just go blank. Then with the F1 event at Monaco it was just easier for me to drive without the side screens so I shut them off. I'd say on a PC without any required LAN connection it would be well worth it, especially if you are locked into cockpit mode (iracing), but for PS3 not worth the trouble IMO.

Anyway, back to my single screen and got a full refund so nothing really lost. With triples I had lost the ability to stream and easily capture video since my new monitors didn't support composite input from my PVR so it's nice to get those capabilities back.

PS> Frank, that monitor looks like the exact same model I use with my single screen setup (but maybe yours is a touch larger whereas mine is a lot closer since it's attached to the rig).

@Franck: Is your screen TV 32"? If yes, I have 100% the same Samsung ;)

I assume by the large bevel that it is... Mine is the same model, but the 27" version: Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD

Not the greatest monitor, especially compared to those beautiful Asus ones I had for a short time, but it's got so many options for inputs and speakers aren't bad for times when I don't want to use my headphones.

Really wish I had the Haupage PVR that has the HDMI output so I could get a newer LED/LCD without the required composite inputs (those cables are monsters too)... Haupage didn't offer the HDMI model when I bought mine.

A shame no doubt Tim. It looks like something that would be awsome (and probably is in offline modes) but maybe just too much for the PS3 system as a whole, or GT5 network combined with the PS3 networking.

I should take a shot of my setup. It's near identical to Franks (except a lot more added mess). I'll get a piccy for you, since I got my pride and joy back from its long holiday now (G27).

The rig is a Playseat evo (the non-leather one, thought a leather seat could get real sweaty ;)) with the G27 wheel. Irritatingly, not long after I bought it, they modified the pedal plate so it is fully adjustable in terms of angle etc, which is a big drawback of the version I have.

The TV is probably something no one else has, or has ever seen as well, haha. I have never heard of anyone else with this TV. It's an "Official" PS TV. I got it because I played alot of splitscreen with my brother before he moved out, and on some games, this TV uses 3D multi-imaging to create split screen, without splitting the screen, and each player sees a totally different screen! It's some cool tech, but basically just a gimmick (I'm a total sucker for branded 🤬 like this).

Zjf6zCO.jpg

If you wander what that stupid looking orange mat underneath is. That is my solution to noise removal so I have better chances of getting away with racing late at night. Otherwise my dad has trouble sleeping and comes up and tells me to stop racing...that's always annoying.

Nice setup Paul I want mine to be good one day when I get a G27
Lots of wires around in your room.

Haha, thats not even half of the wires down there! It's a full on jungle from another angle! :D

And we all know what's behind your Playseat because we see it on the stream all the time. :lol:

It is the LE37, 36". It is 1080 full HD. But it is 6 years old, and running on its last days, as it needs 20 min to warm up :) I only use it for racing. I have another new Sony Bravia 40" at the other side off the room for watchin' tv.

Oink, that looks excactly like my first rig, brings back memories :) In fact Straffestef is using the same rig, but I guess there will be many many more. I do have to tell you, when I first sat down in my Rseat, it felt like the playseat had been a waste off money to be honest.

Back