GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Here goes... Be ready to start laughing!

e4xuJ.jpg

- Well, it might not be so bad, but not the best I've made/seen. - I am, though, "designing" my new rig already, because of the instability, of this. (I can get a picture of my drawings up, if anyone's interested.)

(Sorry for the giant picture...)

Last edited:
Well it is nice to see how both, Dean and Speedy have been creative.

Dean by upgrading a well sold ikea model and Christophe by involving his daughter who has obvious some good LEGO skills. Nice :)

Mine was very similar to that as well Dean... its a bugger trying to keep a desk chair on wheels still for more than one lap hehe.. :lol:

But I find myself very much a spoiled brat today as my Christmas present from the missus arrived and she's let me set it up early too. :D I am now the proud owner of an Obutto Ozone cockpit, complete with monitor mount and desk tray. She won't let me post pics yet because my den is a bit of a bombsite but be assured it is mighty fine, comfy and rigid... and doesn't roll around and spin. My missus is amazing. Here's a festive toast to all the patient and wonderful wives of the WRSers. :cheers:

Mine was very similar to that as well Dean... its a bugger trying to keep a desk chair on wheels still for more than one lap hehe.. :lol:

But I find myself very much a spoiled brat today as my Christmas present from the missus arrived and she's let me set it up early too. :D I am now the proud owner of an Obutto Ozone cockpit, complete with monitor mount and desk tray. She won't let me post pics yet because my den is a bit of a bombsite but be assured it is mighty fine, comfy and rigid... and doesn't roll around and spin. My missus is amazing. Here's a festive toast to all the patient and wonderful wives of the WRSers. :cheers:

Well said Chris! I would not be driving with you folks if it wasn't for my wife! I did not buy any of my equipment, she did!!!!! Love you honey!

Al

Vagabond

D1 silver while rolling around the room, can't wait to see what you do when you're stationary. :)

- Well the chair's not my biggest problem now, but I had some problems with my old chair, going from left to right and back. - I wonder why this (new) chair doesn't do it.

And I seriously can't think of any rig, that can be worse than mine... I hope I can get the next one (which I'm still "designing"), soon. (And, I'll send you a picture of my drawings, if you're still interested in viewing them, Chris.)

But, it's adjustable now for when my daughter wants to play. 💡

So, you're still teaching her, Christophe? She must already be at least as good as I am by now, then. Have her run the qualifier!

Very impressive work on your rig, by the way 👍

Here's a festive toast to all the patient and wonderful wives of the WRSers. :cheers:

My gf bought me my DFGT, and she's quite tolerant of my playing GT5 so much. So I'll join you in that toast. To our wives and girlfriends, for their understanding, patience, and, above all, for having such great husbands/boyfriends! :dopey:
:cheers:

So, you're still teaching her, Christophe? She must already be at least as good as I am by now, then. Have her run the qualifier!

Very impressive work on your rig, by the way 👍
Thanks and no, she still likes it more to hit walls and stuff instead of looking where the road goes and trying to stay on it. :D

Wow! you are a lucky man Al!

Good improvement over the previous setup :dopey:

This is my setup. I've since made a box to lift the setup up by 6" to make it easier for this old man to get in and out of easier.
RaceSeat_zps984cd6f8.jpg~320x480

Last edited:
I like the home made setups the best!! All n All, some very interesting setups. 👍

Last edited:
After hanging up my gear over a year ago I decided it was time to get back at it. I haven't ran any WRS since week 29. Last Friday I ordered a new rig (I had a crappy home built that I wasn't happy with , pics in post #20 of this thread). I expected to take delivery for the new rig this Friday but when I checked the tracking today it will be delivered tonight. So after work tonight(2nd shifter) I get to put it together and maybe even run a few laps :). This is what I ordered rSeat RS GTR V2 Ill put up pics sometime in the next couple days.

Last edited:
After hanging up my gear over a year ago I decided it was time to get back at it. I haven't ran any WRS since week 29. Last Friday I ordered a new rig (I had a crappy home built that I wasn't happy with , pics in post #20 of this thread). I expected to take delivery for the new rig this Friday but when I checked the tracking today it will be delivered tonight. So after work tonight(2nd shifter) I get to put it together and maybe even run a few laps :). This is what I ordered rSeat RS GTR V2 Ill put up pics sometime in the next couple days.

Nice rig Remo and welcome back into the fold. I'm new since you hung up your spurs and am having a blast. Wish I had the room at home for a proper seat but am making do with a wheelstand and a little stool that I sit on.....makes my 🤬 numb after an hour or so :lol:

My humble setup. DFGT with a homemade stand and an Ikea swivel chair. 40" LCD TV and some nasty logitech speakers.
I've got a 50 Mbit symmetrical fibre connection though :sly:

picture.php

Sweeeet setup Lad!!

Latest Posts

Back