GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Haha, thats not even half of the wires down there! It's a full on jungle from another angle! :D

Don't you get a daily 'clean up your room' lecture with a jungle like that. :confused: :P

I really would like to have a setup like you guys have, in a seperate room. :crazy:

I had the chance to try out a clubsport wheel last weekend. Good stuff, but I still prefer the handling of the T500rs better, I think it all comes up to personal preferences.... For myself I have decided that upgrading (if you wanna call it like that) to a Fanatec clubsport is not needed. What I did like very much was the pedal set. so maybe I would buy one later, but first I am gonna try the Bodin brakeload cell.... I will end up buying a spare T500rs (only 350 euro now) and probably order an upgraded F1 wheel and end up buying a Sam Maxwell wheel aswell. I am very happy with the Basher brake mod I have, but now I used the fanatec pedal set, I am just wondering what the Bodin brakeload cell is capable off ....

Just received the GTE Wheel for the T500rs, about right in time for some testwork in the GT3's tonight :)

Just received the GTE Wheel for the T500rs, about right in time for some testwork in the GT3's tonight :)

I've got one on order, but it won't be on stock until the 16th. Please post you're thoughts on the new wheel. I am soo looking forward to getting mine!! You guy's abroad are real fortunate to be closer the Thrustmaster.

I've got one on order, but it won't be on stock until the 16th. Please post you're thoughts on the new wheel. I am soo looking forward to getting mine!! You guy's abroad are real fortunate to be closer the Thrustmaster.

Lol Gayle, that is a compensation for having to wait longer as you guys for new Sony Playstation content (games, hardware...) :)

Thanks everyone, @Koen, I just knew you would say that ;)

Oh my...! Look what arrived for me today:

h1u4.jpg

Not tried it yet but god my missus is wonderful :D

Thanks guys... is it wrong to feel proud...? :sly:
Sick wheel Chris. Now let's see if it makes you any faster. :lol:
Probably not... maybe more consistent, which means I can take up live racing again. But for TTs, I think I wring its neck pretty well already. :P

Baron, why do I always get the impression you're being sarcastic? :P

Fitted to my rig now but testing will have to wait until after dinner. :yuck:

cwun.jpg

Need new keyboard. This one's all full of :drool:.

I remember when you posted the "before" pic, when it was just a wooden chair and a desk. Now you're a pro. :)

Vagabond
Hmm, my wife says the same thing, I always think she's crazy, but maybe she has a point.

No sarcasm intended.

I guess I should post mine then. Here's what I've been using.

10317039186_f5d737a252_b.jpg

The chair is actually more comfortable than you would think. :lol: The pillow is there to keep the pedals in place. Without it, they would be moving around while I'm driving.

10317179533_6ca8415955_b.jpg

TV is pretty new. It's a 40(ish) inch Toshiba. You can also see my old fat PS2 in the background with two DS2s on top of it. So many good memories there. :)

10316993874_5007a1062f_b.jpg

And here's the real star. My DS3! :D :D

Sorry for the poor quality. My phone doesn't make photos look very pretty. :scared:

Mine was quite similar not so long ago Andrew, except my chair was a desk chair on wheels and I got further and further away from the wheel with each lap. :P
I don't have a pic of my first setup... me on a sofa with my Driving Force EX on my knee and the pedals blue tacked to the floor with a stack of cast iron weights behind them. :lol: Good times. 👍

Vagabond
Thanks guys... is it wrong to feel proud...? :sly:

Probably not... maybe more consistent, which means I can take up live racing again. But for TTs, I think I wring its neck pretty well already. :P

Fitted to my rig now but testing will have to wait until after dinner. :yuck:

Nice rig. I don't want to know what that picture is directly behind the monitor.

Hmm... I was going to say Ophelia by Waterhouse, but it's not by him, it's by Millais, whom I had never heard of (but that doesn't mean anything...).

EDIT: Great setup, Chris... maybe one day...

Last edited:
Huh? She's not in a gutter, but in some kind of stream... :P

Not sure what Brandon was thinking, though, I must be too innocent.

I guess I should post mine then. Here's what I've been using.

10317039186_f5d737a252_b.jpg

The chair is actually more comfortable than you would think. :lol: The pillow is there to keep the pedals in place. Without it, they would be moving around while I'm driving.

10317179533_6ca8415955_b.jpg

TV is pretty new. It's a 40(ish) inch Toshiba. You can also see my old fat PS2 in the background with two DS2s on top of it. So many good memories there. :)

10316993874_5007a1062f_b.jpg

And here's the real star. My DS3! :D :D

Sorry for the poor quality. My phone doesn't make photos look very pretty. :scared:

If you attach a strip of carpet to the bottom of your foot peddles and it's long enough to sit your chair on, it will stop your foot peddles from moving away from you when you push on them, it's like pulling up on your shoes thinking that you'll be able to float.:)

Latest Posts

Back