GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Wow, Im super jelly of all these awesome setups.
Mine is laughable in comparison, wheel is stuck to a child's study desk, then i just sit on a couch,
Goodnight Sweet Spinal Cord

Got the new baby done finally!

6823105402_65700142e6_z.jpg

6969220621_28c46f737c_z.jpg

Check the rig thread for more pics :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6801810#post6801810

testing.. :sly: ;

That looks really great Timo, well done.👍
Quite some nice setups in this thread.:drool:

COOL! I want one... NOW! Especially if it's going to make me drive like that...

(Aren't there laws against drinking and driving in Finland? :P)

Wow! awesome setup Timo, you did a great job! :drool:👍

Here's my setup.

I sit on a chair from our dining room set, but I recently added some "back support system", makes it more bearable. Yeah, that's dumbbell weights keeping the table from moving too much (at first, I was using piles of heavy books).

Latest addition to my setup, part of an old vacuum cleaner, keeps the pedals from sliding too far and the gas pedal from blocking on the piece of wood at the back (best seen on the picture after this one):

There's the foam (thanks, Chuk!):

And here I am driving:

Now you know why Timo's setup looks very good to me!

Since my T500 moved to the PC, I am now using a G27 (which arrived yesterday) mounted to my 6 year old Playseat Evolution for PS3. No pictures as it is nothing exotic.

G27 replaces my Fanatec GT3 Clubsport, with which I had nothing but issues :-(

Finally got around to taking some pics, not ideal but I manage, looking at getting the Wheelstand Pro soon.

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

My wife just ordered me a G27 for our 11th anniversary, which is this Friday.

It's supposed to arrive between Aug 7-11. Very excited, I hope I don't have to mod my rig too much to mount it.

It also gives me a good excuse when I can't keep up for the next couple weeks.

zrodegreesklvn
My wife just ordered me a G27 for our 11th anniversary, which is this Friday.

It's supposed to arrive between Aug 7-11. Very excited, I hope I don't have to mod my rig too much to mount it.

It also gives me a good excuse when I can't keep up for the next couple weeks.

Congrats, NIXIM mod those brakes. makes them feel really nice.

And here it is...in the garage (apologies for the poor quality 'phone shots)! Fortunately, it's summer at the moment, but I'll need to find an alternative solution when it starts getting cold. Key parts of the 'rig' are a 24" Acer monitor with little onboard speakers, and my Ikea bucket seat :lol:

...the transition from Australia to the US has served me well. I am now more comfortable, warm, dry and have an extra 8" to play with (that's what she said)...

My original PS3 and G27 now hooked into a Playseat and a 32" monitor 👍 Key features are the baby monitor and the post-it note to remind me how to do the tranny trick :lol: It's not made me any faster though at the moment - 3-4months off have slowed me down some, and I'm not getting the seat time I used to, which wasn't much back then. Hopefully things will settle down soon...

The only down side to bringing my PS3 and PAL game disc over is that I don't seem to be able to download Motegi.

photouzzu.jpg

Last edited:
The only down side to bringing my PS3 and PAL game disc over is that I don't seem to be able to download Motegi.

Is your address of record for the account you would use to DL the track still from Aus, or was it changed to US?

If you have a US based account, then you are using a US based NTSC PSN store. Use the old home region or another PAL region PSN store, and you should be able to access PAL DLC content.

Looks nice Jon :) - I seriously need to ditch the dining chair seating solution when I'm on the ps3. For the enduro this weekend I'm having to ask nicely to move the sofa into the middle of the room for a few hours.....

Downshift on my csr sounds a bit clunky the last few weeks, fans are a little whiney too at times, still on standard pedals too but wd40 is amazing at turning them into good pedals! Everytime I start the game though they don't respond for about 2 mins.... I think a set of clubsports might be the order of the day, a little later this year.

Kinda making excuses really cos I want shiny new things.

Finally finished, except for some minor tweaks, upgrading my Rig.

From this:
oldrig_zps082a3689.jpg

To this:
NewRig1_zps17b0bc21.jpg

NewRig2_zps8439d48a.jpg

15€ for the wood and another 15 for the bolts, washers, nuts and screws.
AND most important of all, it's still foldable. :D

Finally finished, except for some minor tweaks, upgrading my Rig.

From this:
oldrig_zps082a3689.jpg

To this:
NewRig1_zps17b0bc21.jpg

NewRig2_zps8439d48a.jpg

15€ for the wood and another 15 for the bolts, washers, nuts and screws.
AND most important of all, it's still foldable. :D

Awesome! Looks like you put alot of work into it!

Al

Back