WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 2 - 2 June
Monterey Sportscar Classic @ Laguna Seca
POSTER02LagunaSecaFcopy_zps6001b29b.gif

Laguna Seca
60 Laps / 132 Miles

Daytona was a fascinating battle and also a war of attrition. Jaguar survived to win, but new Ford driver Panoz showed the blue oval won't give up with a battling charge to second after an early mechanical problem. Litchi also showed Ferrari has strong pace until an engine blew.

It still is an open season then as we prepare for racing at Laguna Seca. Last season was a close run event in early stages until JoeOfTheFire pulled away. GT and ST category will be very close, the twisty nature of the track will create some major jams early on for lapping PT cars.

Certainly, it will be interesting on sunday night as Round 2 of the WSC kicks off.

laguna-seca_track_map.jpeg

Furi's Race Control Statement To Drivers:
Not much to say this week. Just watch the sand traps, they will drag unwary cars in. Time required on the harder tyres is 15 laps this week for all 3 classes. Pace speed 50mph / 80kph, green flag AT the start line.

Best of luck to all, just please clear cache before we begin ;)

Furinkazen.
:gtpflag:

I had 39.8/41.8 on the medium and hard respectively. I'll be happy getting within half a second of that in qualifying.

Not my favourite track this, some really tricky high speed bends, especially corner 6 which is a killer.

Akmuq, you in tonight? Also remember ST / GT drivers, your quali is 7.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back