WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT/ST Quali open to .52

Other cars in GT ST may still join but will start at the back.

How does everyone else avoid the barriers? I drive just like everyone else, and yet I've had to pit 6 more times than I should have. :mad:

Oh jfc, sorry guys I completely forgot :lol:

Had such a busy, fun weekend so I'm kinda deliriously tired, I apologise.

Urgh, dreadful race. Made a cock up with pit strategy then dc'd. I'm just hoping I got far enough into the race to be able to get points.

I drove my 🤬 off for the last 40 laps, gained 2nd and unlapped myself.

I got disconnected between laps 55 and 60. Was in 5th place at the time. Ran from lap 33 to lap 54-55 on the Sport Mediums.
Also, both Corvettes each rear-ended me under braking at different points on the track during the race and one of the GTZs spun and pulled back onto the track right in front of me on the run toward the tri-oval, leaving me with nowhere to go but straight into it. That traffic was just crazy out there. It was probably fun to watch for a spectator, but not-so-fun for a driver.

Last edited:
I ran 41 laps on the medium because I forgot to change back to softs for the last 20 laps. Off to a good start :)

Congrats to Joe, Orama and Smuffy on the class wins. 👍

Qualifying didn't go well, but I got a good start and was able to lap conservatively on the hards without really pushing. Once I got onto the mediums, I got comfortable and was able to fight with Orama for tops in GT/ST (apologies for the one moment when I squeezed you before braking for T1, didn't see you :(), until I misjudged entry into T1 while alongside his Alfa and picked up damage against the wall. The car was nearly undrivable and I was forced into an early 2nd stop, the race was lost right there and then.

Qualifying didn't go well, but I got a good start and was able to lap conservatively on the hards without really pushing. Once I got onto the mediums, I got comfortable and was able to fight with Orama for tops in GT/ST (apologies for the one moment when I squeezed you before braking for T1, didn't see you :(), until I misjudged entry into T1 while alongside his Alfa and picked up damage against the wall. The car was nearly undrivable and I was forced into an early 2nd stop, the race was lost right there and then.

Good job I didn't bet good money with Furi, I'd of lost.

Scariest moment for me was 4 wide up to the bus stop lapping GT and ST for the first time.

SagarisGTB

Cheers bud and no worries. Sorry I gave you a draft push on the back straight away which made you miss your braking point. We had a good battle until then. I'm sure my Alfa is bullet proof :) Hit the wall, you and apparently Furi clipped me and I never got any damage!

As I announced in the lobby, I won't be at Laguna or Goodwood because of revision but will be back from the Le Mans test onwards! Aiming for triple crown champion ;)

Furinkazen
Scariest moment for me was 4 wide up to the bus stop lapping GT and ST for the first time.

Yeah sorry about that, I had no idea you were coming up and I just went for the gap husq left for you.

Should also mention the battle me, orama, husq amd akmuq had over the first 10 laps or so was great!

R0ssingt0n
Yeah sorry about that, I had no idea you were coming up and I just went for the gap husq left for you.

Should also mention the battle me, orama, husq amd akmuq had over the first 10 laps or so was great!

Yeah, then akmuq got sideways and lost draft, then you lost it into T1 and dropped back, then husq DC'd and I was on my own :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back