WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pole'd, lead, set fastest lap, lapped a few guys.. Then DC'ed which was inevitable. Had fun though that Alfa was as fun as I remember. I also set a 1:37.555 in the race :D.

I was on to win ST and overall in GT/ST, Alfa was way faster anyway. Joe is winning PT, I think Litchi was leading GT and DK has won ST, ranhammer was a few laps down on me when I DC'ed. (I think I was nearly a lap ahead of most of the GT/STs, not sure. My DC was inevitable though lol)

My mum took out the plug for the modem by accident. :mad: Now I just have to hope that Randy can't make up 5 laps in ~25 minutes.

Randy covered 48 laps. He won :lol: , Congrats Sagaris and Litchi, helluva scrap, and Joe for dominating again!

That was so much fun even though I finished dead last in the race, but won class. :sly: Not bad, not bad at all.

By default since the other ST DC'ed.. (Me and DK) But yeah, he won.

Furi was my 1:37.555 the fastest in GT/ST or did someone else pull out a blinder in GT? Alfa was definitely the stronger car here.

I ran the first 25 laps on the Sports Mediums and then the rest of the race on Sports Softs. I am amazed at how well the latter tire compound held up. And, of course, am disappointed that another early incident cost me a shot at contending for the win as well perplexed at the speed of the Jaguar XJ13s. I think the best chance that Il Duro Italiano (Italian Badass) is gonna have at a win is Le Mans. Looking forward to Goodwood.

I decided to start on SM when I saw that panoz would start on those tyres, as I was afraid of being stuck behind him and lose any advantage the SS would give me... if only I knew I would be able to gain 2nd place on the 1st lap I would've started on SS as then I might have a possibility to try and mimick Joe's pace and make it harder for him to secure the win...

Still it was a fun and mostly trouble free race (apart from me getting some damage on my 2nd stint when Randy braked an hour earlier for the Corkscrew making it impossible for me to stop in time in order to avoid his rear-end).

I started on SM and was able to keep pace with Sagaris, Smuffy and Litchi (as they must have been running on the SH's) until lap 9 when I put a wheel on the sand at turn 6 and ran straight into the wall getting front end and engine damage.

So I took that opportunity to pit and do the mandatory 15 laps on SH. Pitted again at the end of lap 25 to change back on to SM's, and ran until the end of the race. Ended up 4th and 1 lap down in class.

Its no secret that I really don't like Laguna Seca but all in all a great race.

I started out on SH just to get them out of the way as soon as possible. I would have liked to have pushed more but everyone was a bit laggy so I didn't want to risk getting any damage early on. The fact I cant stand laguna seca either didn't help matters. Not having overall pace didn't help much either as my fastest lap was a low 1:40.

To save any errors like Daytona where I forgot to change back onto the soft after I'd run the mediums, I decided to just run the mediums at the end so I didn't have to worry about changing back. My pit location helped with that decision.

My pole time was around .150 slower than what I'd managed in the Ford last season. Obviously we have 5pp less than the maximum possible for this season, but I think that slight power reduction helps with putting the power down at a track like Laguna.

For me it was a nice clean race, with only one minor off in the turn before the corkscrew (worn tyres and due to pit at the end of the lap anyway).

Goodwood's next, I expect the GTs to be better than the STs, and also that Furi will forget to upload it until Friday. :P

Again, I won't be racing this Sunday due to exams the following day :( However, I shall be back for the Le Mans test and am hoping for a podium, if not a win in 3 weeks

Furi, I think the Canadian GP could take a heavy toll upon entries for Goodwood. :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back