PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
You basically said what I was going to say in your own reply. Twitch being gaming oriented is a major reason for streamers to go to XB1. Current streamers also get to keep their profiles also.

You're trying way too hard.

If the functionality is identical, the fact that one of them previously had a more broad focus isn't going to make much difference compared to the games that people will want to stream on it and the ease that it can be done because the people that actually used the services before now were always a niche of a niche.

Really? That means nothing. If they offer the same functionality, who cares? Expect a lot of content aimed at gamers.

"streamers"? You say this like it's a big amount of the customer base.

You're trying way too hard.

If the functionality is identical, the fact that one of them previously had a more broad focus isn't going to make much difference compared to the games that people will want to stream on it and the ease that it can be done because the people that actually used the services before now were always a niche of a niche.

People usually stick with what they have at the moment. I understand that they are near identical but one aims towards a certain field more than the other. I'm starting to sweat. I need to stop trying. :lol::lol::lol:

PS4 controller:

9012524510_fc72a6b76e_k.jpg

9011340225_7f9ab2a227_k.jpg

Headphone:

9012443116_b6aee64135_b.jpg

Playstation 4 console:

9011260103_f9b4b37b6d_k.jpg

9012525050_768a7f991a_h.jpg

9012525808_6c2e4546b4_k.jpg

9012525924_50eb5f4b50_k.jpg

9011260711_83b0104c68_k.jpg

9011262059_6b8fe0953f_h.jpg

The headphone is just... yuck. I think I'll wait a while to afford a decent pair of Turtle Beach headphones... or use my regular Sony headphones I listen to music with. Need a cord extension...

Eks
Same here, reminds me of the front of an Alienware laptop..without the vents.

Yeah, I have always liked the way those laptops looked while closed.

I really do like how the PS4 has that double levitating plate look like that. I just hope it will have multi-monitor capability.

You basically said what I was going to say in your own reply. Twitch being gaming oriented is a major reason for streamers to go to XB1. Current streamers also get to keep their profiles also.

I think "major reason" is a bit of an overstatement. Who would honestly base their choice of console solely on the streaming services?

Both are virtually the same as it is. One may be geared towards gaming, but they offer the same service. Unless there are actually people out there who make that choice because of a single word that doesn't hold much value, then don't expect it to make all that much difference.

I need to stop trying. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, please do.

MS needs to change their tune and change quick. They just got murdered. They were winning in games department in my book, and got murdered at the end.

Sony stabbed MS with a Morgul Blade.

God I wish I was a fly on the wall at MS when they saw the announcement.

Not a fan of the PS4 design (I think it looks cheap), but I can't wait to try out the new controller. Vastly improved over the DS3 from what I can tell.

I just thought.

To get the required money for PS plus for a month I need to do 1 hours work at minimum wage and I will have quite a bit left over.

Yeah, I have always liked the way those laptops looked while closed.

I really do like how the PS4 has that double levitating plate look like that. I just hope it will have multi-monitor capability.

Im not sure, but wouldnt there need to be a couple more hdmi outputs for triple screen?

HAL20XX
Not a fan of the PS4 design (I think it looks cheap), but I can't wait to try out the new controller. Vastly improved over the DS3 from what I can tell.

I wish they went with a different texture on the finish. Maybe the old Fat model finish on the top part and the PS3 Slim finish on the bottom part .

Besides that I think it looks simple but elegant

fatkrakr
Im not sure, but wouldnt there need to be a couple more hdmi outputs for triple screen?

Yeah there would need to be a couple more ports.

Which I don't doubt them coming out with a more expensive model that would have that option

Meh. They haven't sold me on it, yet.

Destiny and Octodad look good, though. But, it wont make me get a PS4, though.

Have to pay for online games? Big deal. I haven't played online in years. Not going to miss it.

To those who are complaining about the look/texture of the PS4, go to the store and buy some Cry-lon spray paint. It's supposed to stick to plastic very well, I hear.

CallmeDan
To those who are complaining about the look/texture of the PS4, go to the store and buy some Cry-lon spray paint. It's supposed to stick to plastic very well, I hear.

Hahahaha, I will Plasti Dip it.

No, in all seriousness I do like it.

Wonder if Sony will be putting headset/mics in the box like MS did with the X360.

I think they are, but I can't find the picture I saw earlier. Considering the PS4 supports Bluetooth, if you have a Bluetooth headset you'll be good to go.

Not entirely sure I'm a fan of how that disc drive will work. Slot loading, but recessed into the front a half inch or so?

That was my thought earlier. The USB connectors are in there as well. Not a problem if your console is placed high up and in open space but mine is on a shelf below my bed, I usually slot a disc into my PS3 reaching down and not looking, just guiding it into the slot. Looks like it'll be a bit trickier with that recess.

Haha, in the end it doesn't matter what it looks like considering it will go in my entertainment cabinet.

I think they are, but I can't find the picture I saw earlier. Considering the PS4 supports Bluetooth, if you have a Bluetooth headset you'll be good to go.

It's just that my current $30 POS headset can't hold a charge for more than 2 hours and is incredibly awkward having to charge it with it HANGING UPSIDE DOWN ON YOUR EAR in the middle of a game.

The USB is even more worrying because I'd think being there would cause some clearance issues, even with some types of flash drives.

I'm sure some $5 third party peripheral will take care of that. Don't get me wrong though, I'd happy sacrifice design for functionality. Give me a system that won't overheat and a toploading disc tray. I'd be happy with that.

Back