Ferrari Love - Post Your Prancing Ponies

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 3,150 comments
the ferrari is in front, so I think it's ok that there's also a lambo in the picture ;)

(completely unedited)
143535d1316180389-gt5-fotowettbewerb-final-edition-113017d1316180389-gt5-fotowettbewerb-09-2011-stichwahl-112556d1316180389-gt5

AF Corse is a relatively young, Italian, privateer racing team with close ties to Maserati and Ferrari. This team has already amassed quite an impressive list of wins and championships in many racing series around the world. This is a shot of the Ferrari 458 GT2, #51, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni and Toni Vilander that won its LMGTE Pro class in the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans. AF Corse also won their class in the FIA World Endurance Championship that year.

Last edited:

I know, I know, it brought tears to my eyes also. A brand new Ferrari 599 GTB purposely crashed into a wall. Well, this is a necessary evil that car manufacturers must go through to certify their cars as safe in their target markets. In the US the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) does the certification through the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). The NCAP formed the basis for certifications in many countries such as Australia (ANCAP), China (C-NCAP), Europe (Euro-NCAP) and Japan (J-NCAP). For marketing reasons, some manufacturers volunteer their cars for testing to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS); good ratings result in more sales. Which brings us to my “victim”. Here, the Ferrari is being voluntarily subjected to the small overlap frontal offset crash test. This a more statistically, real-world, test as opposed to the standard frontal crash test.

Last edited:
Back