Taiga | 2.12 | The Final Act

• Thread starter Taiga
  • 1,463 comments
I first saw this set in the Artistic Photo thread, but I thought I'd comment here instead. This is simply an amazing set Jaden. The realism is as high as it gets. The smoke effect and grit are great. There are some banding/posterization issues in the last two photos, but otherwise, i have absolutely no criticism at all. The set, as well as each individual photo, tells a story, which makes for great photos. Favs are 1,3,4,6,9, and 11. 11 in particular, looks as real as anything I've ever seen on GTP. Excellent work Jaden.

:drool::drool::drool:
My jaw dropped when I saw this. Simply amazing set. I love the climate included here, unusual angles, story hidden behind these shots and the post-editing. Pure class. 👍

WowWowWowWowWowWow :drool:👍

Thanks!

Sublime - violent - but sublime!!:drool:
Love the narrative in the sequence. Art-house quality!! Nice work Taiga:tup:

Thanks Giulietta73, appreciate it.

Yup. :drool::drool::drool:👍👍👍

Thanks hgrf93!

Absolutely superb! :drool: You've captured a really gritty action movie atmosphere with this set - Awesome! :bowdown:

Thanks Nato! An action movie starring Gtuned!

GPR
As usual a very nice and creative set from you Jaden. I too like the gritty feel and the dark tones with hints of bluey green hues in contrast with the warm yellow/gold hues from the lights works awesomely well. I think these qualities really add the right feel to the story you are conveying, so well done. 👍

My favs are 1,3,4,5,10,11 & the last one. 👍

Brilliant stuff. Keep it up! ;)

Thanks George. I do like the bluey-green hues too myself too. Really appreciate it.

Honestly, Jaden, you are in a class of Garrett! :bowdown:
There are no particular favorites because they're all the best! :drool:👍

Thanks Jus. Garrett's editing skills are legendary and I can only hope to reach near.

Perfect set, each pic is a fave. ;)👍

Thanks NB, although a perfect set's unattainable, I do find this one of the best out of me, if not the best.

I've got also a smile on my face ! 👍

Thanks yamalen, that means a lot.

I agree with the comments above. This set tells a story and it do it well. There is a great atmosphere in this set and most of its photos are awesome (the others ones are just excellent ;) ).
Superb work once again Jaden, you're definitely one the people here who inspire me the most.

Thanks Jeremy, I like to focus more on atmopshere and mood more than anything in my pictures and as such I try to inject more emotions into my work hoping it'll come out on the other end with a similar effect.
Glad that pulled off well. :) And you do not know how good it feels to have anyone list you as an inspiration. Thanks again, Jeremy.

Have no words, only emotions. Awesome work ! :drool: ∞

Thanks Ilya! Mood and atmosphere's the key to any good picture I feel.

I really like the story behind these shots. Stunning work, as usual. 👍

Thanks Nenad. Glad you managed to find a story out of the set. :)

I first saw this set in the Artistic Photo thread, but I thought I'd comment here instead. This is simply an amazing set Jaden. The realism is as high as it gets. The smoke effect and grit are great. There are some banding/posterization issues in the last two photos, but otherwise, i have absolutely no criticism at all. The set, as well as each individual photo, tells a story, which makes for great photos. Favs are 1,3,4,6,9, and 11. 11 in particular, looks as real as anything I've ever seen on GTP. Excellent work Jaden.

Thanks Primus Ortus. I wasn't sure about realism though as I was going on more of an artistic approach but glad it turned out that way as well.
Actually there were banding/artifacts issue for almost all of the photos (and Black Tie Affair) and in some, they were so damn horrible I just painted over them, like Sanguine Blade.
I have no idea how to fix these banding issues other than to use less adjustments or painting over and correcting in the most tedious way ever. If you have any tips on solving such issues, I would very very much appreciate it if you shared. :)
Glad you felt the story too as I feel the mood evoked from photos is what's best about one.

Definitely a spectacular set! 👍

Thanks Mat!

👍 :bowdown:
very good work

Thanks krysalis!

My jaw dropped when I saw this. Simply amazing set. I love the climate included here, unusual angles, story hidden behind these shots and the post-editing. Pure class. 👍

Thanks Qnrad! Glad you were able to 'feel' the set, really makes me feel like my effort paid off. :)

The Heist is amazing, but Black Tie Affair is just mouth watering! I have been more interested in B&W shots lately, and this set is so inspirational!

Dude. What you're doing is digital art on a high level :drool: :drool:

Thanks Raventon, glad you found my work appealing. :)

Realistic as hell, with a lot of art elements and the best part? 2 very different cars, same color! :D:drool:

Thanks GTracer98, you have Gtuned to thank for the idea and car choice. 👍

Stunning photos, Jaden.
I don't know what to say more.
A-w-e-s-o-m-e! :drool::)

Thanks Madmoss!

The Heist is amazing, but Black Tie Affair is just mouth watering! I have been more interested in B&W shots lately, and this set is so inspirational!

Thanks mazda787. Glad to have been an inspiration, and I too, have been more interested in B/W stuff recently. I feel they're able to show more emotion, atmosphere and do better at capturing the mood of the moment than coloured shots. But the banding/artifacts that come with it is just appalling. :yuck:

Could you get mine up while you're at it, Taiga? :drool:

Ooh .. This should be great.. Side note .. I have had my upper and lower jaw unattached before.. Not fun .. Of course I wasn't looking through remarkable photos at the time :lol:

This should be extremely interesting in this team up. It reminds me that I forgot to edit the photos I took in a photoshoot with Shaolin back in November. If you are viewing this post SM, my gallery will hold them up on display in the near future.

Thanks for the interest guys, much appreciated. :)

Pounce

Perfect Harmony

Under The Lights

The One Who Stayed

Deafening Silence

Battle That Never Was

And It Strikes

Blanking Out

Dissonant Past

The rivals that never was.
These 2 were born against each other but they never shard a common battleground.
So let's set the world on fire, tonight.

Last edited:
Sweet set, just as good as Masta's take on it only different in style.

Super toning work and good contrasts create a viceral experience all around.

My favs are, Deafening Silence, Battle That Never Was (Great use of the pits) and Blanking Out. :drool: to these 3 for me.

But as I said to Ilya, great shot all of them. 👍 I wouldn't expect anything less. ;)

Amazing set! :drool: I agree with George in that this is every bit as good as Ilya's set just with a different style which is of course a very good thing. ;) 👍

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Ok, you & Ilya have decided to give us all a massive heart attack :scared:
But I will survive just the time to give you a comment : awesome set Jaden !
All the pics are great, but "The One Who Stayed" & "Blanking Out" are just absolutly perfect each in their style.
And I love your work on the cover !

Back