GT5:P vs Forza 3 Demo comparison video.

• Thread starter Goldfingiz
  • 26 comments
With my PS3 YLOD i was considering picking up a 360 and FM3 but it's obvious that it's not worth it after watching your video.

Can I get the artist/song title?

Seemed good enough to me - just Youtube always compresses things horribly. And remember that 720p is reduced quality already for GT5P...

Capture cards are very different in quality, take a look for example at IGN/Gamespot self made "screenshots", they use a cheap ones.

TVR fan has a nice card, it was around 300$ till recent

You can put the best video in the universe onto Youtube. It'll still compress it horribly.

Edit: Of course the compression will be uniform so, although both videos being compared won't be entirely representative of the video in their native format, the difference between them will be representative. And boy can you see a difference.

Last edited:
You can put the best video in the universe onto Youtube. It'll still compress it horribly.

Still better quality than gametrailers. LOL

In my knowledge Gamersyde is the only one place where you can find high quality 720p material (except official home pages)

Funny you should mention Gamersyde. They provided us with this image...

Aaaaanyway. The video is good enough. Youtube smegs it up a bit, but the difference is preserved.

Edit: I should note also that the same reason it's not particularly fair to compare GT5P to FM2 (£15, 6 track, 70 car pre-release version vs. £30 complete game), it's also not particularly fair to compare GT5P to FM3D (£0, 1 track, 5 car demo vs. that other thing). FM3D is, after all, a free demo.

We can compare them on visuals (and only just - it is free after all), but little else.

Last edited:
Now I have played demon of forza3. and it is an okay game. But got a feeling of forza2, only with tuned up graphics, that was all... Now, you like that I play on pc and xbox, ps3. I'm also a fan of simbin. That means I'm in a league called RLN.no. We run F1 for rFactor, and the GT class with simbin GTR Evo. So I have some experience with the sim. What I will say is that the only car game on konsoll, that keeps goal is GTP5 actually. No one comes closer to a sim racing game then gtp5 GT5. The rest of the games are so far **** you ask me. At the bottom of the list is Super car challenge and ferrari challenge!

Youtube smegs it up a bit, but the difference is preserved.

Not agree with you. All textures and even details are just gone away from Forza footage, which is easy to check in comparison with gamersyde captured videos.

No doubts GT5 replays are the best ever seen in games. Graphics during actual races when backgrounds are not completely blurred - very debatable.

Funny you should mention Gamersyde. They provided us with this image...

Yeah! Want to play such games? :)

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/7/4/3/2/5/0/top005.jpg.jpg

Not agree with you. All textures and even details are just gone away from Forza footage, which is easy to check in comparison with gamersyde captured videos.

It's even easier to check by playing the demo. And by playing GT5P.

Remember, FM3/FM3D runs 720p native. GT5P runs 1080p native. The difference you can see in the video accurately reflects the difference you can see playing them both, though not the exact quality.

No doubts GT5 replays are the best ever seen in games. Graphics during actual races when backgrounds are not completely blurred - very debatable.

Did you watch the video? He compares in-car, cockpit cam during actual races...

Yeah! Want to play such games? :)

Who's playing games? I gave you an in-game still taken from the only source you trust to provide us with real quality FM3D images. Here is a link to their FM3D gallery.

Does the F3 Audi R8 have a working wing?
The GT5P one comes up at exactly 120kmh, just like the real car. I didn't see the wing move on the F3 demo pictures in that video...

My take on that video
Graphics: 9,8 GT , 8,4 Forza
Sounds: 7,8 GT , 8,9 Forza

I have only silver live account so i am to allowed to download demo yet.

With my PS3 YLOD i was considering picking up a 360 and FM3 but it's obvious that it's not worth it after watching your video.

Can I get the artist/song title?

It's Trentemoller - Take Me Into Your Skin

Great job, though your capture card is not good enough to produce high quality footage.

Get some real stuff which makes video 1:1 ingame in true 720p like this videos:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_3_demo_videos-8569_en.html

I should post the original file for download, because YouTube seemed to dumb down the quality a lot. Also, 720p doesn't seem like 720p on YouTube. The video is larger when played on my computer.

If people are interested, I can post it. :) I managed to export a good quality version that weighs in at 500mb.

The GT5P one comes up at exactly 120kmh, just like the real car. I didn't see the wing move on the F3 demo pictures in that video...

As far as I know, F3 does not have active aero. So, no working wing for the R8, or any other car.

Nice video, makes we wonder why so many people say the environments look better in Forza 3. Both games look great though and FM3 is a must buy if you own a 360.
No car in FM3 has afaik.

Oberst Struppi also mentioned on the GTRP that you can use the clutch function in the California, the real California doesnt have one and also not in GT5P (attention to detail)...

That comparison video makes waiting for GT5 a little easier This is assuming we will need to wait fot GT5, of course.

The FM3 track/road looked ridiculous. It seemed to have uniform cracks (huge cracks) around the entire circuit.

It's even easier to check by playing the demo. And by playing GT5P

I'm a silver member. LOL

But this is a good point anyway, Forza 2 Suzuka looks better than GT5 Prologue, the last one has too much PS2 feeling.

The best looking track in GT5 Prologue is high speed ring in my opinion.

Who's playing games? I gave you an in-game still taken from the only source you trust to provide us with real quality FM3D images. Here is a link to their FM3D gallery.

OK. If you insist lets do comparison in your way

http://www.gameswire.net/comparison...7-15773315_gran-turismo-5-prologue_split.html

http://www.gameswire.net/comparison...5-83163452_gran-turismo-5-prologue_split.html

If people are interested, I can post it. :) I managed to export a good quality version that weighs in at 500mb.

Your video is good enough. As usual for Forza track doesn't look any photo realistic.

Suzuka and Nurburgring were the only two tracks in Forza 2 made close enough to real colors

Last edited:
hmmm forza seems alright, drifting is waaayyyy too easy on it, espesh considering u can rewind at any momen as many time as you want, so as soon as some ones lack of skill lets them down they can just rewind and do the corner again......... this and the fact u cant use the g25(or 27 when that comes out) just sucks. and the only good wheel for the xbox costs about £200 and thats just for the wheel =/

ether way i'll get forza but cant see me spending that much time one it

Most of the comparison vids will show Audi R8s, but they are 4WD, we don't really see any behaviour in the vids other than slight understeer, but the guy driving is not an idiot, he keeps the understeer in check so it looks like they both have the same sort of physics.

The ONLY way you can compare the physics in each game is by playing both yourself with a variety of different cars. I've only used the R8 and the 911 race car in the Forza Demo and to be honest i don't use the R8 in GT5P and theres nothing to compare a 911 race car with...

I want to know if FF cars get understeer and wheelspin whilst accelerating around corners. I want to know if the back end of some of the harder to control FR cars slips out uncontrollably if you push it too hard. I wasn't able to establish any of these when playing the demo, but you experience them all in prologue.

I have also not see the effects of going full throttle out of a corner in Forza 3. The R8 and 911 race car had exceptional traction because one is 4WD and the other has weight that pushes the tyres onto the road for rear grip, so i could'nt tell this from playing the demo either. And most of the other vids i have seen don't give the impression that you get any wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd at all, but again its down to the driver, if you watch a vid where a car is driven by a skilled driver, you see a car going around a track, thats all. It tells you nothing about the physics.

As for the graphics, both could be better, but to put it this way, the best shots of GT5P are a lot better than the best shots of Forza. But you could find images of both games that are equally bad. Basically i am saying GT5P overall is better, but there are going to be some shots of Forza better than the bad shots of GT. But the best shots of GT cannot be matched.

gtb.jpg

gran-turismo-5-lamborghini-ferrari-larger-8.jpg

Look at the rest of this post too:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3609063&postcount=68

Last edited:
Well I just got back from my friend's house and playing forza 3...personally I feel like the cars are WAY too planted, flooring it midcorner in an abarth SS or z06 isn't nearly as scary as in gt5p, and they also have a corner similar to daytona road turn 1, which I kept taking way too slowly until I learned how much more stable the cars are.

One of the things I absolutely loved was the real time telemetry you can get, it will tell you the ride height at each corner, plus grip levels, and tire temps,wear rates etc...all in real time. I really really hope we get something similar to this in gt5 because I feel like it will make tuning much more accurate.

Back