• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2009+ Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupé suggested by waggles:.

2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_coupe_0_430.jpg

Information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W212

Hmmm difficult one to call but it just doesn't have enough wow factor for me to regard it as cool. If I were offered one for free I'd take it but I don't think I'd ever consider buying one (if I had the money).

Uncool. Coupés are supposed to be sleek and sexy looking, this one isn't. The back is the worst part, some manufactures need to realise that certain cars can't be made into good looking coupés. The massive front grille doesn't help it either, nor do the parallelogram style head lamps. It almost reminds me of a Chinese knock off of a Mercedes-Benz.

This is also not to mention that the car isn't even an E-Class...but rather a C-Class.

It's also got sort of a junior executive feel to it. Sort of a "hey look at me, I bought a Mercedes to say I'm successful!" Plus anyone who buys one should have just gotten a BMW 3-series Coupé....the BMW is cheaper too!

Last edited:
Seriously uncool.

What was wrong with "CLK?" All I see is another failed attempt at Mercedes trying to reinvent itsself. again.

It looks much better in person than in a picture where it's silver on a silver background.

The only Merc coupe I liked was the 300CE (24v preferably).

300ce1.jpg

That is awesome. Unorthodox... Bentley-level stupid. I love it.

The new E-Coupe? Nope. In fact, I feel so little about it, I just ranked it seriously uncool.

Sedan, yes. E-Coupe? I'd rather have an S-Coupe... :D

Seriously uncool, Mercedes seems to have an fascination with producing ass ugly cars of late, like the new SL, E Coupe/Sedan, SLS, etc. The only new Benz I like is the S-Class.

While I would in fact like to have one, it is admittedly uncool. In a world where a BMW 335ci exists, yeah, that's the better option.

Uncool,
I really liked the old CLK (and have spent a fair few miles driving one), given the looks of the new C class (which I rather like) I was expecting to see another nice CLK, then heard that they were dropping it for the E coupe and had assumed it would be more of the same.

Sadly it looks a mess, sort of looks like an ugly CLS with 2 less doors (and the CLS is an ugly car to start with!) Hate to imagine how bad the convertible will look!

Is it strange to think it's uncool if you actually like the car? It's a Mercedes, so you know it'll be a very good and nice car. But it just isn't all that awesome.

Is it strange to think it's uncool if you actually like the car? It's a Mercedes, so you know it'll be a very good and nice car. But it just isn't all that awesome.

No, there are a lot of cars I like that I think are uncool, vice versa is true too.

Any car badge which is a selection of letters and numbers is uncool. Any car which is better described by a chassis code is uncool. This, of course, is both...

Uncool. What the hell was Mercedes-Benz thinking when they didn't make an AMG version of this. Then again, I hate modern M-Bs with the exception of the A- and B-Klasse.

Bleh. A person down the street owns one, and it's absolutely meh. It's got good lines, but the proportions aren't to my liking. I'd much rather have the four door in red or black.

Uncool.

I like it but its uncool. I mean come on, ELK? E L K?

The CLK was good enough not to change/kill off.

Uncool....but if you went with this instead.
mb_black_6_x.jpg

Then this would be a definite frozen Zub Zero CooooL!

Fix it up more to this...
kleemann-clk-63-amg-black-series-02.jpg

and then BAM!!!!

MB_DTM_CLK01-1024.jpg1-898x420.jpg

There you have it!

Last edited:
Seriously Uncool, this car screams one of two things.
1) Spoiled 16 year old that wanted a Benz for her sweet 16.
2) Spoiled Housewife that wanted a Benz.

Neither of those things resemble cool.

Cool. Earlier this year, when I first had seen the new E-Class this year in my hotel parking lot, I had to look twice. What the hell is that! I loved it, I had not even seen nor heard of it, but there it was, all beautiful in dark blue with a dealer tag on it. I instantly loved it for some reason, whatever.

This coupe is cool, the little mark above the e is not, that's a little odd, American people are writing it like that? Pretty sure we pronounce it like koop, not koopay? Hmm... Yes, another latte please.

But, this car looks like a smaller CLS, which is very cool, so I can't help but to give the coupe version of the sedan a cool, it's a mix of my two favorite body style Mercedes at the moment.

Last edited:
Any car badge which is a selection of letters and numbers is uncool. Any car which is better described by a chassis code is uncool. This, of course, is both...

Errm, I sincerely hope that this was just an attempt at Clarkson-esque humour...

Take for example a favourite of mine.. the M3, as most will know, simply the M3 badge will not tell you which of 4 generations of M3 it was, so is it wrong to say the E30 M3 is an uncool car because to be accurate in refering to it it mucst be called an E30 M3..

And what about the Fiat Cinquecento? call it a 500 if you will, but dog 🤬 by any other name is still dog 🤬 (apologies to the italian roller-boot fans on GTP, substitue in "Metro" and "Rover 100" if you like but it's all the same...

Ferrari called their top of the line model the "Enzo" instead of the "F60", fine - but which is cooler, the F40 of the Enzo?

A name doesn't make a car cool or un-cool.

Errm, I sincerely hope that this was just an attempt at Clarkson-esque humour...

Nope.

Take for example a favourite of mine.. the M3, as most will know, simply the M3 badge will not tell you which of 4 generations of M3 it was, so is it wrong to say the E30 M3 is an uncool car because to be accurate in refering to it it mucst be called an E30 M3..

Nope. "E30 M3" = Uncool.

And what about the Fiat Cinquecento? call it a 500 if you will, but dog 🤬 by any other name is still dog 🤬 (apologies to the italian roller-boot fans on GTP, substitue in "Metro" and "Rover 100" if you like but it's all the same...

What about it?

Cinquecento and Metro aren't "a selection of letters and numbers". They're names. 500 and 100 aren't "a selection of letters and numbers". They're some numbers.

The Metro and Rover 100 are both amazingly uncool independently of this.

Ferrari called their top of the line model the "Enzo" instead of the "F60", fine - but which is cooler, the F40 of the Enzo?

Neither. They're supercars. Supercars are uncool.

A name doesn't make a car cool or un-cool.

No, but some letters and numbers instead of a name - and worse still a chassis code as an identifier - does.

As I once heard someone describe a different vehicle but a description that also fits here...

Anonymous
DEAR GOD!!!
Put it back in! It's not done yet!!!

Aside from that, it's also an example of being "too pristine". My only analogy to this is like that one teenage girl in school that smells like she bathes in perfume. She tries to smell "pretty" but ends up gagging everyone she comes near.

This shall be another car to add to my "Seriously Uncool Blacklist"

SERIOUSLY UNCOOL

Uncool. Seen one of these in person and I kid you not I would compare the looks to a Subaru Legacy/Liberty or Impreza (the new ones of course, both of which accentuate the fact that Subaru seems to either have no design team at all, or a design team run by apes, although the Legacy Wagon in GT trim isn't half-bad), and I would put that factor in favour of the Subarus.

Add to the fact that there's no AMG versions and I'm turned off even more.

Seriously Uncool, this car screams one of two things.
1) Spoiled 16 year old that wanted a Benz for her sweet 16.
2) Spoiled Housewife that wanted a Benz.

Neither of those things resemble cool.

If a woman is smart and canny enough to use her feminine wiles to pry a wedding ring out of a man with enough money to keep her in furs and caviar without her having to lift a finger... then that's not spoiled. That's brilliant.

Sixteen year olds, yes, you can call spoiled. :lol:

Last edited:
Back