Will you import Gran Turismo 5 from Japan?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 216 comments

Will you import GT5 when it is released in Japan?

• Yes!

Votes: 66 11.0%
  • Yes, but only if the US/EU date is still unknown or more than 30 days away.

Votes: 184 30.8%
  • No, I'll wait for it to be released in my own region.

Votes: 348 58.2%

• Total voters

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Many, many American and European users here imported GT5 Prologue when it was released first in Japan, myself included. How many of you plan to do the same for Gran Turismo 5? Why or why not?

I will rather wait until it comes out in my region, coz they always differ in some way, so I rather just be a little more patient.

I'll be waiting for it to release in my region, less hassle and a game designed for my culture (eg. car names, menu languages, the ability play against other Australians). Getting the JP version would be a waste of time and money for me.👍

I thought about it,
but I guess I will not do this.
Would give me too many problems I guess.

And above all I'm still faithfull the European release will not differ that much from the Japanese release date.

I'll be waiting for it,even though it'll be released here in Singapore within days of Tokyo since we get the NTSC-J version along with the PAL one

Yes ... If whe can ask a lot of copy in instance, why not?
The lack will be my problems understanding the Japan ...:dunce:

Have a great week.

Cheers.

Seconder,I'm asian,I prefer car named like asian version/released.Only language is the problem.Other than that it is ok for me.

Absolutely not. The Japanese are known for exercising great patience, and so am I! I will wait until it's released in North America (U.S.A. specifically).

It's almost been 5 years, so I'm sure I can wait until April to May for it to arrive. I am in for the long haul :)

No way for me. Using Japanese menus is impossible, and it won't be more than a few weeks between the release dates anyway.

If the wait is more than one month and the game is full english. Than I'l go for the Japan GT5.

Wouldnt bother importing from Japan, mostly because of language issues (dont really want to pay more for something thats in a language I cant understand.) however if its released in the US before Europe I would look at importing a copy from the US.

I live in the U.A.E,in the Middle East.
Games here usally comes on the release date of us or europe or sometimes b4 the release date!(example:forza 3 etc.)
So i dont mind waiting for gt5

I bought the Japanese version of GT5P and thoroughly enjoyed playing with it until the game was released in Europe so I could buy it again. However, for GT5 I think the game will be too big to be able to play it using translations - so, no, I will (impatiently) wait until it is available in England.

In the past the English version has usually had some extra content over the Japanese version so I'm going to wait this time.

I didn't import GT5P, but that was more because I couldn't and not because I didn't want to. I'll be buying two copies of GT5. Imported copy from Japan, then the US release of it.

Of course, as always...a tru GT fan always plays the japanese version first
kava.gif

I will wait for GT5 to come to New Zealand for a number of reasons.

1. Obviously there is the language barrier.
2. If I do import from Japan, will the Japanese game save work with English version. If it doesn't, I would have wasted a lot of time.
3. I have mid-year exams in early May and GT5 will probably be a distraction to me.

So, I'm quite OK with waiting for GT5 to come out in NZ. Although, I don't think there will be much of a difference between Japan and the rest of the world as Sony do realise that GT5 will lift PS3 sales, which is exactly what they need!

I wont be importing. For 1, I cant read Japanese. But in saying that IF Australia is ment to get GT5 more then 2 Months after JP I will be importing.

I´m going for the PAL version. Wasn´t there a rumour about a world wide release date anyway? If that is the case, importing from Japan is, well, pointless.

I'll try not to take any notice of it until it comes out in Europe, but who am I kidding? I'll probably buy it as soon as it comes out in Japan. I've waited 5 years for this game and the idea that it's available in one region and I'd still have to wait for it in my region will drive me mad.

Depends on how much later the European release is and if the save game file is transferable to the PAL version.

Anymore than a month between release dates and I'm definitely importing it... I can't read Japanese, but that's not too much of an issue as I'll just spend the month getting golds in all the license tests... should be easy enough to work out where they.

I can wait- I'm sure many of those first users will post many videos on youtube or elsewhere. I'll just have to live off of those until it does come. :)

Back