Unused / Hidden Content Discoveries in Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by elston87, Jan 14, 2020.

1. elston87

elston87 Premium

Seeing as how literally every other game here (apart from GT6, but that will have its own thread soon enough) has its own thread here regarding this subject, I think it's about time that Gran Turismo 5 receives its own thread as well. Spurred off from the Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Course Found in Gran Turismo 5 thread, lots of other discoveries are being made as well but are being posted on that thread, so the purpose of this thread is to keep any other discoveries organized. Also, if other users discover content that fits the criteria, it can be posted in here as well.

The Index

Any other new discoveries can be posted in this thread, and will be appropriately added to the index. Timestamps are from various sources that are not GTPlanet; the earlier discoveries were found elsewhere and were published to GTPlanet usually on the following day. If your post/discovery doesn't get added to the index, send me a PM or possibly someone else will tag me to get it added!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020 at 2:11 PM
  2. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

So how do you activate the turn signals and hazards ? Inquiring minds want to know ? Controller or wheel buttons used ?

3. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

Knowing GT5/6 there'll probably will be more finds. That's just the very tip of the ice berg.

Ddkklop likes this.
  4. elston87

elston87 Premium

They can only be used on one car, and to do so, you have to change mapped input functions within the game executable. I've stopped searching for other cars seeing as the DB9 is still literally the only car to have them functioning.

In other news, I've discovered the offset for changing the camera view in GT5. And thanks to @j0nny0093 for his work on documenting both the used and the unused camera view values for GTPSP, it made finding them for GT5 a lot easier, and what do you know, most of them that work in GTPSP work here in GT5, including the free cameras.

...and with enough manipulation of the free camera, I was able to snap some interesting screenshots of Special Stage Route X, including being able to finally put the theory of The Unicorn (Route X) still being present in SSRX to rest (it's not there unfortunately).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the end of the very long straight that branches from the turnpike, no more textures or geometry is rendered, so it's just not there:

[​IMG]

Still, I was able to take some nice screenshots with the free camera:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the unused camera views shall be documented to The Cutting Room Floor soon enough.

Ddkklop, Nexus, Parnelli Bone and 6 others like this.
  5. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

The good news about the unused cameras is that they also works in GT6, and there are even some more. We will document that as well.
    Regarding GT5, other than the unused cameras, we managed to find out the offset to change the FOV for both cockpit and chase cam. I think it's possible to move the camera X and Y position as well, but I don't know where to look for those values at the moment. Thanks to @TheAdmiester for the help finding those values.
    Cockpit FOV zommed out.
    Gran Turismo 5.png Gran Turismo 5_1.png
    Chase cam FOV zoomed in.
    Gran Turismo 5_2.png Gran Turismo 5_3.png

Now two shots , one of Eiger..
    Gran Turismo 5_15.png

.. and night time route X
    Gran Turismo 5_41.png

6. Apprentice

Apprentice

How to do that? amazing shots
    And that New York with Renault Clio. is that a mod?

7. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

It envolves jailbreak, so it's not within the AUP to explain it.
    No. The track exists in the game already, albeit hidden.

Ddkklop and Apprentice like this.
  8. Neddo

Neddo

Is it possible to have BMW 328Ci from GT3 in GT5?

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

As much I would have advocated for it, not at the moment - but long term if we could figure out how models work we could have that in a possible GT2+ style project.

Ddkklop likes this.
  10. HarVee

HarVee

I wish PD would just give us customizeable camera position and fov. Stop with the far-close nonsense and just give us what we all want already.

Nexus and Whistle Snap like this.
  11. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Intriguing. But does it work for standard cars or is it only limited to premium cars?

12. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

That isn't GT PSP's free camera - it's a full blown custom gameplay camera editor

Why the hell did they leave this out?

GT6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moon_k, Ddkklop, FoRiZon and 6 others like this.
  13. TJC_69

TJC_69

Great discoveries. Guess we got the dumbed down version of features as PD thought we were too plebby to adjust them :irked:

HarVee likes this.
  14. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

There's some XYZ stuff around 0x42410000 in GT6, so around where the gameplay cameras are?

I found the car XYZ here. Maybe using the camera editor and doing a float search will discover the camera XYZ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those with a jailbroken PS3 and GT6 fully updated here is where the cameras are:

Netcheat code - 0 423A821B ** / this can be used with Artemis on the PS3 itself, so no messing about with a pc to enable the codes.

Various cameras between 00 - 28

Camera editor:

- 21 (external cameras - due to low LOD of interior)
    - 22 (internal cameras, motion blur enabler)
    - 23 (internal cameras)
    - 25 (360 internal camera)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Nexus, Ddkklop, LeGeNd-1 and 5 others like this.
  15. elston87

elston87 Premium

Discovered a month ago but never had the time to post it; Gran Turismo 5 can be launched in debug mode, with a few discoveries being unveiled in the process:

When using the Course Maker, you can change the seed of the course; so long as the other parameters are correct (such as number of sections in the course, complexity of each section, etc.), then the Course Maker will always generate the same course each and every time.
    [​IMG]

Some debug information shows up when viewing your B-Spec drivers:

[​IMG]

Nexus, j0nny0093, jontikis and 2 others like this.
  16. jontikis

jontikis

Does that have something to do with the debug option seen in the Garage Editor 1.3.1.? :idea:
    Or is it completely irrelevant?

17. VBR

VBR Premium

@elston87 - By the way: are you a programmer/coder?

18. elston87

elston87 Premium

Irrelevant. Enabling debug mode for the game is done by editing the executable appropriately, and then running the game on a PS3 debugging station. Not sure if it'd work on any other console.
    Nothing of the sort! It's just a matter of flipping the right switches or changing the right bytes of data to make things work. Sometimes there's a bit of research involved, other times it's just pure blind luck. :D

Inferno251 and JakeMR2 like this.
  19. VBR

VBR Premium

I meant that as an off-topic question, not related to your finds in GT games.

20. elston87

elston87 Premium

My answer remains the same. Although, other people who are programmers have developed very helpful tools that have made the process of finding most of the content a lot easier, and also a lot sooner, than expected. If it weren't for their devotion of time and energy towards their work, then most of this content would not have been found so soon. Suffice to say, while I am no programmer myself, this much progress has been made thanks to people who are programmers and have developed these tools.

Shout-outs to those people; you know who you are! :tup:

j0nny0093 likes this.
  21. elston87

elston87 Premium

Double post, but with a worthwhile update:

Finally getting some free time to update this thread, a few months ago I discovered a debugging free camera inside GT5. Unlike the previous camera discovery, this is a complete freecam, allowing you to point the camera in whatever direction you want (unlike the previous camera which was directly centered on the car). You can pan, tilt, rotate, and even adjust the zoom, and move the camera to places the player cannot normally see.

Here's a few shots of Trial Mountain, including Nessie (click the images to enlarge):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition, very recently on a GT5 LAN Discord server, it was discovered that pressing the Select button while the game is running in Debug Mode opens up a secret menu with a load of features on it. All kinds of things are possible with it, such as adding cars in any color you want, unlocking DLC items (some only temporarily), adding items to your inventory such as all paints, all outfits items and all tuning parts, adjusting Credits, A-Spec and B-Spec Levels & Experience points, and so much more.

Like above, click the images to enlarge them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These discoveries shall be (eventually) documented in more detail on The Cutting Room Floor, either by myself or another user of the community. The list continues!