German Touring Car Championship

No idea - i'm stuck on the same level!

Anyone any ideas? Really want the BMW GTR racer, but it's gone from my UC section :(

i am sure that you can find a used car that will work. i went with a car i knew i would win. plus i need more power than other cars since i am not a great driver.

The BMW M3 did it for me. bought it used at a pretty good price and tuned it to about 600HP. That car can kick some serious tail.

Get the Isf racing concept, spending about 60,000 on it will give it a 200bhp boost to take it to 715bhp and can also be used in the super gt championship

I traded a car for the 190 E 2.5 Touring Car and spent about 56,000 cr. and I run circles around these computers, it goes about 443 hp, but it handles like a dream.

I purchased and modded the Lexus IS F Concept as well. Stage 3 turbo, stage 3 engine tune and a set of soft racing tires is all I needed. You will trounce the competition and you can use it in B-spec to do the same.

So excited to have gotten the BMW 2002 turbo :)

I had an M3 GTR in my used car lot when I went to do this event, bought it, spent a fortune tuning it to the max before I went back to the event - and it wouldn't let me enter.

I hadn't noticed that it was only the GTR Race Car that was allowed :banghead:

I think the touring cars are all the same, the only difference is the upgrades you make on it. The moment this race became available i went to the used car dealership and there was a CLK touring car '00 for 1.2million. I bought it, tuned it a bit and destroyed the series easily.

I think the touring cars are all the same, the only difference is the upgrades you make on it. The moment this race became available i went to the used car dealership and there was a CLK touring car '00 for 1.2million. I bought it, tuned it a bit and destroyed the series easily.

Not all the cars are the same, although the only cars that are significantly different to the others, is the alfa, and particularly the 190E which are both slower. The BMW GTR and the Audi R8 LMS are a shade faster than all the others as they are GT cars rather than DTM cars.

Not all the cars are the same, although the only cars that are significantly different to the others, is the alfa, and particularly the 190E which are both slower. The BMW GTR and the Audi R8 LMS are a shade faster than all the others as they are GT cars rather than DTM cars.

And how do i get the BMW GTR?

There is a BMW M3 GTR and a BMW M3 GTR Race Car, be careful not to confuse the two. The race car (DTM legal in GT5 if not GT4) is white with blue trim and a red number 42 on the side. The production version is silver.

For what it's worth (probably not much, heh) in GT4 the fastest DTM car is the Mercedes CLK Touring Car. Next would be the two Audis (A4 Touring Car and TT-R Touring Car) and the Opel Astra, in no particular order. Then the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI, the Opel Calibra and last the Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evolution II Touring Car.

All these cars can be found in the used car lot in GT5, and they all cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 900,000-1.2 million credits, give or take a bit.

Look at the list of allowed cars. Any of them can do the job. The only one you can buy new is the Lexus the others appear in the used car lot from time to time and I won the Audi S4 Touring Car somewhere just can't remember where.

I used the abt TT-R Touring Car and destroyed the competition. I actually lapped some of the AI cars during one of the races. Finished the ring with about a 30sec lead i think.

Didn't tune the car either, just purchased it and did an engine rebuild.

Hey guys, I'm currently stuck trying to figure out which car to use for this race in both A-Spec and B-Spec. I want to have the best so I took the initiative to copy the list of cars eligible for this event. Could someone please give me their non-biased opinion on which of these cars listed below is best for this race? I'm currently trying to save money for a FGT and don't want to spend money on a hot garbage. Any help will be gratefully appreciated...

Cars Eligible for German Touring Car Championship
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car 02'
Audi A4 Touring Car 04'
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09
BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01'
AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '02
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94

No46_TheDoctor nice car but left hand drive errr i can't drive those too well being English .Can you get the right hand drive version anywhere ?

I ended up getting the Lexus, one of the Opels popped up in my UCD and I wasn't comfortable paying almost a 1 million cr not including frame reconstruction, engine rebuild, and performance parts. The Lexus did the job for me in A-Spec and I'm just hoping it'll do just as well in B-Spec.

Is the IS-F good for other events too? (Like Japanese make races)

I don't see why it can't, but I can try to see if it can get into a Japanese make event.

Use the IS-F Concept Racing Car all extra mods + an oil change pre driving will give you 757hp...sweet car

@Xavier Bob killed it in b-spec in the IS-F Concept...absolutely smashed the competition no input required...

@LiveWire11C there are quite a few event's you can easily win a & b spec with the IS-F, it is a great all round car...std NA or stg 3 turbo's for turbo cups etc...

Use the IS-F Concept Racing Car all extra mods + an oil change pre driving will give you 757hp...sweet car

@Xavier Bob killed it in b-spec in the IS-F Concept...absolutely smashed the competition no input required...

@LiveWire11C there are quite a few event's you can easily win a & b spec with the IS-F, it is a great all round car...std NA or stg 3 turbo's for turbo cups etc...

That's good to know 👍

Back