Any car recommendations for CHAMPIONSHIP World Touring Car 700 ?

• Thread starter jett234
  • 34 comments
OK, how to help us help you, what's the full name of the race you are doing, restrictions and what track is it on? Unfortunately a few of the AI races have identical names but what you need to do to win them varies greatly

Pretty sure I just used a stock Gr.4 car for that championship. If you're having trouble you could try the Alfa 155 if you've got it, or detune a Gr.3 car to under 700PP by running max ballast and then turning the power down.

Probably you're trying a tuned road car, possible but harder.
A gr. 4 with racing soft tires or a detuned gr. 3 car would be easier.
The starting gap is pretty big but doable. The hardest part is Nürburgring, not the easiest track to overtake.

Here is the information folks have been asking you for plus some additional bits:

Races
Trial Mountain Circuit: 5 Laps
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix: 5 Laps
Nürburgring 24h: 1 Lap

Rival Cars
Toyota GR Supra Race Car '19
Mazda Atenza Gr.4
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Honda NSX Gr.4

Event Restrictions
PP: 700 or less
License required: National A License

I'll wager you're trying to bring a knife to a gunfight as someone else alluded to. Pick a good Gr4 car that you're comfortable with as others mentioned. They are not all created equal as they will each have their strengths and weaknesses.

However, @pedrocor brings up a good point about Nürburgring at the end of the series and as @Redneckchef mentioned, you can't change cars for each race so you'll need to make sure the one you do choose will work well for you on each track.

Piggybacking off @Keen_1 's post, as it's a point-based championship, you don't need to place first for every race. I'd say try setting a target for 3rd for the final race (Nurburgring GP). The races progress in difficulty - Trial Mountain should be quite easy to place 1st once you get a feeling for your car, Barcelona a slight bit more challenging, and Nurbringring is quite the challenge. Best advice I have is just stick to the line and be consistent, leave overtaking for corner exit not corner entry, and use it as a chance to master your car. Lord knows it took me a few tries to finally get this championship down.

If it counts, my car choice was the Impreza Gr.4. Something AWD will help you to put the power down quickly.

Piggybacking off @Keen_1 's post, as it's a point-based championship, you don't need to place first for every race. I'd say try setting a target for 3rd for the final race (Nurburgring GP). The races progress in difficulty - Trial Mountain should be quite easy to place 1st once you get a feeling for your car, Barcelona a slight bit more challenging, and Nurbringring is quite the challenge. Best advice I have is just stick to the line and be consistent, leave overtaking for corner exit not corner entry, and use it as a chance to master your car. Lord knows it took me a few tries to finally get this championship down.

If it counts, my car choice was the Impreza Gr.4. Something AWD will help you to put the power down quickly.
Great advice here. I just started grinding away on this series and this is what I found were the best cars for me:

Not in any order but top 4 cars for me are: WRX GR4, Aston Martin Vantage and GTR Nismo '17, tuned by @praiano63 . He has been most helpful. Honorable mention goes to, AMG SLS GR4 and 97 Nismo. Anything the Praiano has tuned will be a very safe car. Good luck

Great advice here. I just started grinding away on this series and this is what I found were the best cars for me:

Not in any order but top 4 cars for me are: WRX GR4, Aston Martin Vantage and GTR Nismo '17, tuned by @praiano63 . He has been most helpful. Honorable mention goes to, AMG SLS GR4 and 97 Nismo. Anything the Praiano has tuned will be a very safe car. Good luck
From BRAND CENTRAL? Which continent? Which car company?

This seemingly impossible, I am using a WRX GR4 with soft tyres and a normal turbocharger.
Put big turbo on it run it up to as close to 700pp and I used assisted braking until I learned each track. Watch the ghost a few times and now win every race every time on intermediate. Good car right out of the box

Put big turbo on it run it up to as close to 700pp and I used assisted braking until I learned each track. Watch the ghost a few times and now win every race every time on intermediate. Good car right out of the box
Yess that's it , at last now I'm winning, I changed car to the FORD GT '17 and bought a turbo charger.

Probably you're trying a tuned road car, possible but harder.
A gr. 4 with racing soft tires or a detuned gr. 3 car would be easier.
The starting gap is pretty big but doable. The hardest part is Nürburgring, not the easiest track to overtake.
yeah.. that is me tonight.. alfa 4C got me through the first two events just by a hair literally.. but nurburg? forget it
by the time I reach the long back straight and get ready to drag for it, I have never been closer than 11th.. (sucks)
I even squeezed a bottle of nitro out on the straight and couldnt get on the podium.

did loads of testing on the car with setup.. traffic just makes it unrealistic... passing 17 cars on that road.. wtf

Back