Touge Battle Open Lobby (Initial D style on custom tracks)

What should the weekly focus of the series be?

• Individual battles in a bracket system on neutral course / Home course challenges set up on the side

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Team battles in a challenge system where every team has 1 challenge and has to defend 1 allowing for

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
kadoimmortal
GO HERE for ALL THINGS TOUGE ACTION the BEST NEWEST TOUGE THREAD BROUGHT to YOU by TimberW. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209898

Touge Open Lounge Battles
picture.php

SUGGESTED CARS ALLOWED: PRODUCTION STREET/STREET LEGAL TUNER CARS W/O ADJUSTABLE FRONT DOWNFORCE.
SUGGESTED LIMITS: 500PP MAX
SUGGESTED TIRES: SPORT HARD

Touge Battle PSN list
kadoimmortal
Wardez
vasho__
N-A-NABU
TakumiFuji01
xXHannibaalXx
Vesartis
Natulol
SuperGTRacer
Jai-AE86
Rinberu-
GTP_paltik
Zora66
Seven89_
GTP_Keisu
Stavingo
TakahashiRyos-ke
SkaterGuyMoose
GTP_Akmuq
Ol1vi3r87
GumI8all
Theo1988
GTP_TimberW
HumanDestroyah
Fullmoonzer0
dar_sbb
ISLYDWAYZI
MaTTxxWLe
maximus254
GTP_Racing
GTP_CaptainRoh
filphil89
Fullmoonzer0
rez-vibes
Knight_spirit
Willfred_1
LR-L2L-xDriftzz
GTP_SOHNVONSTIG
REDSUNS-KLUTCH
GTP_Shigegaki
vi6il
daibaspeed
SkylineGTRguy
Drjepper
Sumo098
tem120
Zhu12345
T_Kelvin
NFSlegend2
V16T91
sketsdude
TsangShung
fatrabbitbrain

^post your PSN ID if you want on this list^

TOUGE CAR PP SPREADSHEET---https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aq34ThnszskCdDhXVW1GMTd4dTBPMVV2TzNJWmtrVkE&hl=en_GB&authkey=CL3D39gB#gid=0

Initial D Rules:
-A rolling start in line nose to tail with run starting after lead car enters the first corner.
-After exiting the final corner if the leading driver has more than a car and a half lead than they win.
-After exiting the final corner if the driver who was trailing at the start has at least a half car's length lead they win.
-After exiting the final corner if the driver who was trailing at the start is within a car and half of the leader another run must determine the winner.

Last edited:
Sounds great, I'd love to get in some one on one battles. Put me on the list.

lol i was just thinking to add this to my event, anyway i sign up if there is still a free slot mate :)

Sounds great but we should make some more specific rules about PP usage and car restrictions, or else it'll be F1 touge :)

Also I had already thought of this idea before (way back when the game wasn't released), here's the concept that I had posted on GameFaqs:

Note that all of this is assuming we can race other players one on one on their created tracks. Otherwise, well so much for that idea... Anyway this is just an idea I had someday because I was kind of disappointed that there were no Touge style tracks in GT5, but then I thought maybe we can make our own tracks.

---Basic concept---
Any player who wants to participate would need to create a custom Touge style track (obviously I don't think we can control the elevation all that much but the track layout would need to be somewhat similar) which will be his home turf. Players should practice to learn the perfect line on their track so that they would have the advantage when being challenged. When someone challenges another player, the race would be on the player who is being challenged's track and under his conditions. If the challenger wins, he can add the other player to his list of defeated drivers. However, the loser can ask for a rematch and if he wins, his name is removed.

---Car specifications---
I'm not too sure about the car limitations, I was thinking something like a maximum budget of about 100 000$, including modification costs. Apart from that you can choose a car from any manufacturer and tune it as much as you'd like, but after choosing your car you can't change it (by that I mean switching to another car, you can still tune it though) until we decide to start over if a clear winner has been decided (pretty much if anyone defeats all other player).

---Track specifications---
The tracks should pretty narrow, have lots of turns and only a few straightaways, with maximum elevation variations if possible. I don't really know what the environments look like specifically but it would be better to choose an environment with guardrails on each side of the track. Since one lap will be considered the whole descent, it would be more interesting to use the maximum number of sections too. More on this when the game comes out.

---Battle rules---
The races will have two possible formats: Grip gambler (regular race with side by side start) or cat and mouse. The player who is being challenged chooses the race type and his starting position should it be cat and mouse. However, fair-play is encouraged and if your track has nearly no overtake possibilities, please choose cat and mouse. Any deliberate contact means defeat for the faulty driver. Deliberate blocking is prohibited on straightaways.

That's about what I've come up with so far, I wanted to see if some people would be interested. Feel free to post any suggestions/questions/whatever. The rules are a work in progress and will be refined when the game actually comes out.

This update brought back my hopes of recreating Initial D epicness :dopey:
My PSN is the same as my username.

Also you forgot to change the title :P

This sounds like a lot of fun. If this gets popular, maybe PD will consider Course Maker DLC with new themes.

Add me, PSN: Vesartis

I am a not completely knowledgeable about touge and Initial D, so any more information you can give about rules and car types would be good. Like, what cars would be used and what power range are we looking at?

I haven't really checked the PP system yet but personally I would like the maximum power to be around 400-450 HP.

Sounds like a good idea but you need some basic rules for the cars, I propose something like 200hp and 300hp cutoffs and off the lot cars, meaning no concepts and race cars, and limit it too street tires as well. I'd love to join in for some games some time.

Sounds like a good idea but you need some basic rules for the cars, I propose something like 200hp and 300hp cutoffs and off the lot cars, meaning no concepts and race cars, and limit it too street tires as well. I'd love to join in for some games some time.

Yeah that sounds great, although 200 hp is pretty low. I think 300-350 would do it but we would be better off checking with the PP system anyway.

Sounds great but we should make some more specific rules about PP usage and car restrictions, or else it'll be F1 touge :)
Definitely gonna have restrictions probably around 500PP on sport hards. I like the ideas on challenging people on a home course they made that sounds fun. For now I just want to get together and not make it a competition but the ultimate goal down the road is to do a competitive series. We can continue a discussion here about how we might set something like this up.

Nat

We can do it with hp limit or with a PP limit so I'm not really concerned about exactly what it should be now but we should try some different ones out with different street tires. Definitely only gonna be street legal cars no LM road going versions. I'm thinking rooms of 4-6 would be best so we will want more than one host if a lot of people want to race probably split once we get 8 in a room.

This sounds pretty interesting. Personally I think sports hard or lower grade tires should be used. As all of those familiar with Initial D would know that most cars on the touge aren't equipped with road legal slicks (similar to Sports soft). Tire wear is something that must be managed and sports soft tires simply last too long.

This can also keep the competing cars at a closer level. One car may have lots more hp but he will need to be careful with his throttle to reduce wheelspin and tire wear. On the other hand, the car with less hp won't be left behind as easily.

This sounds pretty interesting. Personally I think sports hard or lower grade tires should be used. As all of those familiar with Initial D would know that most cars on the touge aren't equipped with road legal slicks (similar to Sports soft). Tire wear is something that must be managed and sports soft tires simply last too long.

This can also keep the competing cars at a closer level. One car may have lots more hp but he will need to be careful with his throttle to reduce wheelspin and tire wear. On the other hand, the car with less hp won't be left behind as easily.

I agree on the tires:tup:

How about having racing teams, like in Initial D? :) I don't consider myself good enough to beat the best racers out there, but I'd love to be part of a team as a second- or third-string driver.

How about having racing teams, like in Initial D? :) I don't consider myself good enough to beat the best racers out there, but I'd love to be part of a team as a second- or third-string driver.

I was thinking along the same lines when a serious competition is started. For now I just want us all to get out there and battle for sport.

Back