United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
1972 Honda Life Step Van​

Engine: water-cooled, 360cc, 2-cylinder, 36hp
Drivetrain: FF

Not a lot of info to find on it.​

Jai
It's something a strange old man would park outside a school, uncool..

Only smaller. :P

Anyway, despite being among one of the least powerful cars around, PD actually bothered to go ahead and put it in their game...

Sub-Zero. :P

In real life standards, I'd still say cool, since it's a 'cute giant' of sorts, in that it's got the same power as more tiny things, but it isn't tiny.

Obviously uncool. Anyone who says otherwise is claiming that geekery is cool. It is not.

Edit:

I might be willing to change my mind if the reason you're driving one is because you're in a 70's kung fu movie and are about to get punched by Bruce Lee.

Sorry, I can't give this anything but a Seriously Uncool. I mean...come on.

It's a van. It's a weak van. It's a weak van shaped like a box. Need I abuse italics any more?

I can understand people liking quirky cars. This isn't quirky. It's just...a little boxy van with 36 hp. It takes a lot to make a van even begin to approach even the most basic level of cool, and this...just doesn't cut it.

Armageddon. Van. Has to be Sub-Zero.

Besides, anything Honda made with small bike engines before VTEC is Sub-Zero to me. :D

Much as I think it's brilliant along with all Kei cars, I can't with a straight face vote for anything other than uncool.

Partly because of this:

Jai
It's something a strange old man would park outside a school, uncool..

My first thought when looking at the picture above was expecting it to be the sort of vehicle normally filled with giggling Japanese schoolgirls, and while I'm sure that floats some peoples' boats, it's not something to recommend a car on.

Armageddon. Van.
The preview picture of this video says it all: "It was basically a box."

You could strap a four year old to the cardboard box of your refidgerator - it would move faster, sound cooler and have about as much space. And would probably still look nicer.

Seriously uncool.

Speaking of which, it would make a great Ice-Cream van..

"Free Ice-Cream Children" "Come in the van for a secret flavor" SAUSAGE FLAVOR

Again, it's just vile, essentially a Pedo-Box on wheels..

Last edited:
If it had an A-Team van paintjob, red wheels and a spoiler like the A-Team van, then it'd be amusing, and kinda cool in a strange way. But like Jai said, you'd find strange, pervy old men who can't drive over 15mph and spend more time looking at children than the road in it.

Un cool.

EDIT: I just described my bus driver... (minus the 15mph thing, he does 30 as a top speed)

I voted Sub-Zero, Maybe some of us are strange old men :sly:
(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT ACTUALLY A WEIRD OLD MAN)
I love stupid looking and underpowered cars so this is awsome.

OFF TOPIC: Theres an Ice Cream Truck in my neighborhood that looks like this:
800px-Dodge-Ram-Wagon.jpg

:scared:

I would just like to add that when considering the van as an entity, all the "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A BOX" comments are redundant, because its shape is directly dictated by its purpose, which is practicality. Maximum space inside while still meeting old Kei car regulations. Put it in context in a Tokyo sidestreet back in the 1970s and it's a nice little van.

Doesn't make it cool, but you can't criticise it for doing its job.

Y'know, the only thing keeping this from being truly Seriously Uncool? It doesn't have Fake Wood Paneling. So glad they didn't go that road with it...

Last edited:
I had the cursor over cool and something compelled me to click uncool. Just don't know why...

I went Uncool, if it had a more sensible engine I might have given it a cool.. but seriously 36hp? I pretty sure there are roads near me that this simply wouldn't get up!

It's a triumph of functional design and I would drive one any day of the week. Uncool.

I would probably get laid more with the Step Van than the RX7. Hard!

To all the guys above me saying it's a pedomovile:

COME ON! The damn thing is too small for that!

These little vans where used for delivering stuff like bread, milk or flowers.

Besides, if you notice, this is the escape vehicle of the blue guys in Interstella 5555.

interstella5555van.png

interstella5555van1.png

Just sayin' 👍.

Back