Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

• 300 Hp

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
South Africa
JHB
Ninja_Nizmo
Wesbank.jpg

46046_424824987619_7767724_n.jpg

*This is an Official W.M.A. sanctioned event.

This a series based on the South African Super Touring Cars from the 1990's, called "W.M.A. Bankfin Touring Car Championship"

Round 15 & 16:

Sunday, 7October 2012

Date

5 August 2012

Room Open

21:00 GMT+2

Car list

Undecided

TDZdave / TDZ-4-12-14-88 (Reserve)

BMW 320i Touring Car '03 - 325hp/1050kg BMW Dealer Team
NrburgringGP_F_6.jpg

- / -
MrMelancholy15 / MrMelancholy15 -
Atin3222 / Atin3222

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car - 350hp/1050kg
highspeedring6.jpg

- / -
- / -
- / -

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 - 325hp/1050kg
NrburgringGP_F_4.jpg

- / -
SkengD / Skengdigi
HecticZA / Ryoku_Hectic

Mazda Atenza Touring Car/Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car - 350hp/1070kg Team Mazda
NrburgringGP_F_3-1.jpg

Dundermuffin666 / Optimoose20
sk8er913 / sweawskater2
polarbear345 / polarbear345

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 - 335hp/1100kg Team Mitssubishi
NrburgringGP_F_5.jpg

Cole / DemonofRazgriz
joetruckv8 / JoeTruckV8
BAZZER / Flanked

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02 - 325hp/1050kg Nissan Ninja's
NrburgringGP_F_1.jpg

OneManRiot / AllyKH2882
Driver 101 / Driverone0one
NizmoDr3 / nizmodr3

Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car - 300hp/1120kg Subaru
NrburgringGP_F_2.jpg

Shoe67 / Shoe_67
bronzosback / bronzosback
qsilver73 / qsilver73

Tracks

Round 1 & 2 - Nürburgring GP/F
500px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-GP.svg.png

Round 1 - 10 laps
Round 2 - 20 laps

Round 3 & 4 - Deep Forest Raceway
Deep_Forest.png

Round 3 - 14 laps
Round 4 - 28 laps

Round 5 & 6 - Autumn Ring
Autumn_Ring_Forward.png

Round 5 - 17 laps
Round 6 - 34 laps

Round 7 & 8 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo-Nazionale-Monza-520x285.png

Round 7 - 9 laps
Round 8 - 18 laps

Round 9 & 10 - Twin Ring Motegi East Course
motegi_east_trazado.jpg

Round 9 - 15 laps
Round 10 - 30 laps

Round 11 & 12 - Grand Valley Speedway
GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_Speedway.svg

Round 11 - 10 laps
Round 12 - 20 laps

Round 13 & 14 - Suzuka Circuit (Weather Changeability)
500px-Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg.png

Round 13 - 9 laps
Round 14 - 18 laps

Round 15 & 16 - Tsukuba Circuit
500px-Tsukuba-circuit.svg.png

Round 15 - 24 laps
Round 16 - 49 laps

Round 17 & 18 - Fuji Speedway GT
fujispeedwaygtv.jpg

Round 17 - 11 laps
Round 18 - 22 laps

Round 19 & 20 - Spa Francorchamps
Belgium_track.png

Round 19 - 7 laps
Round 20 - 15 laps

SPORTING REGULATIONS

Races weekends would consist of two rounds per race night, with an Feature Race and a Sprint Race. The first race being the Sprint covering between +-50km (depending on circuit). The second race being the much longer Feature event of +-100km (depending on circuit) which has a mandatory pit-stop that has to be taken, during which all wheels and tyres must be changed to a different compound.

A 45min practice session will be held before the race officially begins.

Qualifying would be a Three-Shot Showdown, with each driver allowed only 3 laps to determine their grid position. Grid order will be reversed for the Sprint Race.

DO NOT LEAVE THE TRACK AND RE-ENTER ONCE YOU HAVE SET A TIME. IF YOU DO SO, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LAP TIME AND START FROM THE BACK OF THE GRID.

Both races will start with a formation lap, and a rolling start.

Sprint Race start procedure:
All cars run the formation lap in single file around the entire course at 100kph. After the last corner of the course the drivers will split into a double file towards the S/F line. The leaders will call the race once they reached the S/F line. All drivers to keep in their positions in single file form until after the last corner. If any body is caught jump starting in the race or replay, an investigation will ensue and they will be penalized/warned.

Feature Race start procedure:
All cars run the formation lap in single file around the entire course at 100kph. After the last corner of the course the drivers will split into a double file towards the S/F line. The leaders will call the race once they reached the S/F line. All drivers to keep in their positions in single file form until after the last corner. If any body is caught jump starting in the race or replay, an investigation will ensue and they will be penalized/warned.

Only 3 drivers allowed per car.

An Drivers Championship will be determined, as will a Manufacturer Championship.

Full Tyre/Fuel wear on for the Feature Race. It will not be on for the Sprint Race

Hard, Medium and Soft Tyres allowed, but a Two Compound Mandate will run per Race Weekend. This means that one Race Weekend could run run RS/RH or RM/RH or RS/RM Compounds. A decision will be announced on the Monday prior to the Race Weekend.

At least one Mandatory Pit Stop per race

Sprint Race will begin BEFORE the Feature Race

Feature Race will run in reverse grid order of the Sprint Race

Points will run according to the BTCC point system from the 1996 season onwards, 1st to 10th

1 Point is also available to the driver who grabs Pole for the Sprint Race.

Room settings will be:

Grip Reduction:
Real

Slipstream:
Weak

Tyre/Fuel Wear:
Feature Race - On
Sprint Race - Off

Damage:
Light

Boost:
Off

Penalty:
Off

All aids off except Racing Line and ABS

Bronzosback will be hosting the events. Please add him on PSN to be allowed access to the lounge.

It is advised that all drivers should send an FR on PSN to every other driver in this series, in case of any unforeseeable occurrences.

• GTP OLR rules will be used. I suggest your read and memorize these rules like you are studying for your final exams.
  • Banter, Bullying, Stereotyping, Racism or Whining will not be tolerated. Any one caught doing either of these will result in a warning, penalty, disqualification or complete removal of the series. We are here to have fun guys, we don't need these types of problems to ruin the race for everyone.
  • 2 Wheels of the Car should be on track at all times. The curbs (white and red/blue ones) count as part of the Track.
  • Cutting corners or going off track intentionally will incur a 2 second penalty per offence.
  • If you do not pit in the Feature Race, will will lose you finishing position and be classified last.
  • Faliure to adhere to these rules will incur a PENALTY. (Point degration or Grid spot penalties for the next race)

Penalty Procedure
  • First Time Offender - 20 Second "Drive Through" Penalty per offence added to your Total Time at the end of the race.
  • Second Time Offender - Disqualification from the event, resulting in all points awarded being lost.
  • Third Time Offender - Suspension for a certian amount of events. Offence severity will determine the period of suspension, 1 Race, 4 Races, etc.
  • Repeat Offender - Complete removal from the series and an outright ban from the WMA and ALL WMA Sanctioned Events. (I can't ban you from GTP, but I can ban you from the WMA)

*Rules subject to change with prior notice!!!

I love the type of racing that was had in the 90's, and I feel that this would be the best basis for a competition like this.

1995 South African Super Touring Car Championship
1999 South African Bankfin Touring Cars
2000 Bankfin Touring Cars
Here is some videos as to what I want to accomplish. Sorry about the quality, but that's all that's on offer at the moment.

All testing sessions will be posted and all registered drivers are encouraged to participate.

All feedback/opinions is encouraged and/or welcomed, either on the thread or by PM to Myself here.

If anyone else interested, please state your GTP name/PSN name/Car

*IMPORTANT NOTICE*

"If you would like to change your connection to NAT1(improved ping = faster response time -> less car jumping -> Less Lag) and have a wired connection, plug the PS3s Ethernet in Straight to your Modem's Ethernet slot."

Bankfin-Drivers.png

Bankfin-Manufacturers.png

Last edited:
Wesbank.jpg

Pre-Race Report

Round 15 & 16 - Tsukuba Circuit

500px-Tsukuba-circuit.svg.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quailfying:
Qualifying would be a Three-Shot Showdown, with each driver allowed only 3 laps to determine their grid position. Grid order will be reversed for the Sprint Race. 3 Laps meaning, out/flying/in lap.

DO NOT LEAVE THE TRACK AND RE-ENTER ONCE YOU HAVE SET A TIME. IF YOU DO SO, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LAP TIME AND START FROM THE BACK OF THE GRID.

After the end of the qualifying session, you will see "Session over-return." This means that you must return to the garage, press pause, and leave the track. After that, the Race Director will note the grid order. After that, the grid will be announced.

Sprint Race - Round 15 - 24 laps

Sprint Race Tyre Compound - Racing Mediums

Weather - Unpredictable

Sprint Race start procedure:

Feature Race - Round 16 - 49 laps (Mandatory Pit)

Feature Race Tyre Compounds - Racing Mediums, Racing Hards

Weather - Unpredictable

Feature Race start procedure:

Both races will start with a formation lap, with a rolling start for both races.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track Guide

Turn 1 - Tight-ish Right-Hander. Corner seems to close in on you, then open up again. If you go off-track, care must be taken upon re-entering.

Turn 2 - Tight-ish Right-Hander. If you go off-track, care must be taken upon re-entering.

Turn 3 - Sweeping Left-Hander. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track. Do not place more than 2 wheels off the track, otherwise you will receive a penalty.

Turn 4 - Sweeping Right-Hander. A good line can lead into an overtaking opportunity into Turn 5. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

Turn 5 & 6 - Left-Hander Hairpin. Carry too much speed and you will go off-track. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

Turn 7 - Fast-ish Right-Hander. A dab of the brakes is needed to turn the car into the corner. A good exit speed will help you maintain momentum going into Turns 8, 9 & 10. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

Turn 8 & 9 - Fast Sweeping Right-Hander. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

Turn 10 & 11 - Hairpin - Slow Right-Hander Hairpin. Care need to be taken to get a good exit speed. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

Turn 12 - Very Fast Right-Hander. A good exit speed can lead to an overtaking opportunity leading into Turn 1 & 2. If you go off track, be careful when returning to the track.

PENALITIES
Cutting the concrete or going off track intentionally will incur a 2 second penalty per offence.
If you do not pit in the Feature Race, will will lose you finishing position and be classified last.

In the unfortunate event of any on-track incidents, please PM me for further investigation. Do not take it out on the thread.

Last edited:
But testing is still required hey ... thinking of running RH and RM tyres ...

EDIT: Dave have you got a Taurus to test out? ...

Last edited:
But testing is still required hey ... thinking of running RH and RM tyres ...

EDIT: Dave have you got a Taurus to test out? ...

I did have a Taurus SHO in the garage, i dont remember if i sold it though, i dont think i did, but im not sure

I did have a Taurus SHO in the garage, i dont remember if i sold it though, i dont think i did, but im not sure

Lol ... too much rum?
If you don't then I'll just check out the market place ...

ahhhh, the old TOCA touring car championship, nice,
BTW wheres the Opel, vauxhall vectra??? it should be in place of the aussie car,
the Alfa romeo GT should be in there instead of the 147, and personally i wouldnt allow the civic10'

ahhhh, the old TOCA touring car championship, nice,
BTW wheres the Opel, vauxhall vectra??? it should be in place of the aussie car,
the Alfa romeo GT should be in there instead of the 147, and personally i wouldnt allow the civic10'

But there's no 147 on the list? It strictly states NO HATCHBACKS ...

Why not the Civic '10?

But there's no 147 on the list? It strictly states NO HATCHBACKS ...

Why not the Civic '10?

ah ok i read it wrong, civic 10 is to modern, there ar 90s integras, preludes and accords,

Not too worried about modern or older versions ... I just want to get the vibe from that era of racing. I updated the OP stating no coupe's either, but to answer your question about the Civic, I did put on the car list Civic '10/Accord Euro-R.

ah cool, i would allow the long wheel base coupes like the 307 or alfa gt, anything that has a boot, lol

ah cool, i would allow the long wheel base coupes like the 406 or alfa gt, anything that has a boot, lol

Corrected ... lol

But if we do that then I would rather have the 135i instead if the 330i ...

Corrected ... lol

But if we do that then I would rather have the 135i instead if the 330i ...

the 330i is perfect, 135i isnt, if there was a 318i or 320i it would fit better, there is no 406 in the game i dont think, there is a 307 though i believe, ehich is a 2ltr car and it has a sort of boot

actually how about a change to what everyone else is doing, same general idea just different cars like,

Honda Integra Type R RM 04
Honda Integra Type R LM 02
Honda S2000 Type R LM 02
Mazda RX-8 LM 03
Mazda RX-7 TC
Subaru Impreza LM 02
Subaru Impreza TC
Mitsubishi Lancer TC
Honda Civic EK RM 97
Spoon S2000 RC 00
Spoon FiT RC 03
BMW 320i TC 01
Mazda Atenza/6 TC
Toyota Altezza LM 02
Toyota Alezza TC
Mercedes Benz CLK DTM

perhaps uusing race cars might do the trick, its easier to monitor,

TDZdave
actually how about a change to what everyone else is doing, same general idea just different cars like,

Honda Integra Type R RM 04
Honda Integra Type R LM 02
Honda S2000 Type R LM 02
Mazda RX-8 LM 03
Mazda RX-7 TC
Subaru Impreza LM 02
Subaru Impreza TC
Mitsubishi Lancer TC
Honda Civic EK RM 97
Spoon S2000 RC 00
Spoon FiT RC 03
BMW 320i TC 01
Mazda Atenza/6 TC
Toyota Altezza LM 02
Toyota Alezza TC
Mercedes Benz CLK DTM

perhaps uusing race cars might do the trick, its easier to monitor,

But the problem is that's what everyone else is doing ... But further investigation is required ...

But the problem is that's what everyone else is doing ... But further investigation is required ...

i havent seen a race series with this cars, its alway japan GT500 or GT300 or le mans GT1 or prototype

I've checked the thread, and looks like there's only one series similar, but not the same.
Further testing will be required on these cars, but it does look like we might have a winner ...

Updated OP ... New name, new cars ...

love the list, but I would swap out the is200 gt-1 for the lancer x t/c, the GT-1 has a crazy aero package that would dominate, and i would drop monza and put in say trial mountain or something, its a long lap at monza in that HP range, other then that, choice bud,

i just spent the last hour and a half writing more detailed rules and expansion on the safety car and serving penalties and stuff only for this crammy VAiO lap top to delete it all when i bumped the mouse pad..... GRRRRRRRR!

love the list, but I would swap out the is200 gt-1 for the lancer x t/c, the GT-1 has a crazy aero package that would dominate, and i would drop monza and put in say trial mountain or something, its a long lap at monza in that HP range, other then that, choice bud,

i just spent the last hour and a half writing more detailed rules and expansion on the safety car and serving penalties and stuff only for this crammy VAiO lap top to delete it all when i bumped the mouse pad..... GRRRRRRRR!

Damn ... bad one with the laptop, but at least it gives you a new perspective when rewriting it ... lol

Well I tested the Lexus out last night and within the regs its spot on ... plus Iwas hoping to take that car for myself:sly: ... lol theLancer could be a good addition to it, but I just need to test it out ...

Damn ... bad one with the laptop, but at least it gives you a new perspective when rewriting it ... lol

Well I tested the Lexus out last night and within the regs its spot on ... plus Iwas hoping to take that car for myself:sly: ... lol theLancer could be a good addition to it, but I just need to test it out ...

the lancer is a little bit slower then the LM subaru, not a lot tho, hmmm im going with the 320i lol

So we've only got 2 people viewing this thread ... hmmm 💡

THREAD MOVED ...

Last edited:
So we've only got 2 people viewing this thread ... hmmm 💡

THREAD MOVED ...

Got it from your signature. Dates/times? I'm running the BMW in the VLN series. So, following my "one season per car" rule, I too would be in for the Lexus.

Latest Posts

Back