goodwood circuit and hill climb

• Thread starter bowen747
  • 40 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
bowen747
i don't know if this has been posted but a good friend of mine with links to goodwood circuit told me that polyphony had been there mapping the track and hill climb course , he said there were there for an age mapping the track and collecting data

i dont have any photos , my friend told me about this , if you dont believe me no problem , wait until gt6 is released and you can eat your words

a friend told me about this , i was not there , so i couldnt take photos , if you dont want to believe me then fine , im just posting something that i thought might interest some people , this is the truth and not a lie , polyphony were at the circuit and hill climb mapping it .

It's so difficult to take pictures of something in this day and age, right.

Dude, he didn't even say the guy couldn't take photo's, he said he didn't have them. I wish the rules of this sight were a bit different because really, attitudes like yours make me sick. I mean, why the hell would this guy be here just making things up? That's just a ridiculous attitude man. It's so pessimistic.

How about instead of trying to be an internet hard man, you actually comment on the idea of that track being in GT6 instead of giving the thread creator such a hard time.

I for one would like to see goodwood and any hill climb the game so I hope his friend is right.

A friend told me about this. I was not there. So i couldn't take any photos. If you don't want to believe me then, fine. I'm just posting something that i thought might interest some people. This is the truth and not a lie. Polyphony were at the circuit and hill climb mapping it.

Fixed it ;)

Dude, he didn't even say the guy couldn't take photo's, he said he didn't have them. I wish the rules of this sight were a bit different because really, attitudes like yours make me sick. I mean, why the hell would this guy be here just making things up? That's just a ridiculous attitude man. It's so pessimistic.

How about instead of trying to be an internet hard man, you actually comment on the idea of that track being in GT6 instead of giving the thread creator such a hard time.

I for one would like to see goodwood and any hill climb the game so I hope his friend is right.

Very well said, keyboard warriors are best ignored.

Until it's confirmed I won't get super excited but it wouldn't surprise me. It sounds like PD is expanding on the tie-ins with real world and the world of Gran Turismo. I could see GT doing special events during Goodwood Festival of Speed much like the SLS Top Gear event.

I thought I read somewhere though that Goodwood is against licensing their facilities to games?

it has come from a very very reliable source and i am 100% certain that it will be in the game , why else would polyphony be there mapping the track and hill climb

:)

It could be DLC. Did you friend say how recently they were there?

Will be good to see it in the game! Also bowen747 try to make sure you use correct grammar in your posts, its part of the AUP! 👍

This has to be the 999th thread about someone claiming one of his friends seeing PD scanning a track, while providing 0 pictures of it, having practically 0 posts on the site and writing awfully.

If 'his friend' or anyone on the scene had a cellphone then it is inexcusable not to do so, therefore not believable.

This has to be the 999th thread about someone claiming one of his friends seeing PD scanning a track, while providing 0 pictures of it, having practically 0 posts on the site and writing awfully.

If 'his friend' or anyone on the scene had a cellphone then it is inexcusable not to do so, therefore not believable.

Lighten up and ease off with the hyperbole...

sorry about the gramar. my friend didn't say how recently they were there. I spoke to him last saturday and he said they were there for ages mapping the track and hill climb. I will see him again this weekend and ask him for anymore info . I posted this on here because its the first I've heard about the circuit and hillclimb being used in the game and i'm just sharing the news.

Kaz has been to Goodwood, I've been a couple of times and did manage to get a glimpse of Kaz when he was judging the classic cars. Translator man was also there!

Back to topic, *IF* Goodwood is in then it will be awesome! I used to use Citta di Aria as a hill climb esque circuit in GT4, timing from the start finish to the church arches.

If it's in, it not likely to be in the initial release, but probably available at a later time as paid DLC. We already know there are going to be 33 tracks ("locations" in PD lingo) and 71 track layouts, the majority of which from GT5.

Gullible human is Gullible.

Oh really? Like the time PD were seen scanning Silverstone, but no-one really thought it was true because there was no photos, YET it's in GT6...

I personally think it makes sense Goodwood and the hillclimb track are being scanned, because Goodwood is about CARS, and Gran Turismo is about CARS.

Regardless, just because most people have cell phone camera's, doesn't mean they all do. That's another problem with your rude and mistrusting attitude. Just a couple of months ago I was stuck with a prepaid phone, and it didn't have a camera. Plenty of people that do have camera's on their phone, probably have one with terrible quality, then even if he had photo's it still would prove nothing. Plus, his friend works at goodwood, he could've been told not to take photo's, or maybe he had WORK to do. Maybe he didn't want to look like a weirdo in front of his co-workers, or maybe he just didn't care enough to take photo's. He didn't say whether his friend was even a fan of GT5, and if he wasn't, why would he bother?

I just gave you plenty reasons why you're attitude is completely uncalled for. This is a perfect example why you should never assume things.

Maybe next time, don't comment on a thread with an attitude like that. Or at least if you do, don't make such ignorant assumptions

it has come from a very very reliable source and i am 100% certain that it will be in the game , why else would polyphony be there mapping the track and hill climb

:)

100% certain might be taking it a bit too far mate ;)

I mean, I'm not discrediting you, but even if we proved they were mapping it, it still doesnt prove 100% that it will be in GT6. Maybe its for a Vita release? who knows. Maybe stick to 99%, that way you give yourself some breathing room on the off chance :sly:

Maybe next time, don't comment on a thread with an attitude like that. Or at least if you do, don't make such ignorant assumptions

Is it an ignorant assumption to think that in a crowded place at least one person has a cellphone with a camera, in 2013?

BkS
Oh really? Like the time PD were seen scanning Silverstone, but no-one really thought it was true because there was no photos, YET it's in GT6...

https://www.gtplanet.net/silverstone-circuit-coming-to-the-gran-turismo-series/

Whatever. Sure people lie on the internet but in this instance, what would be the point? It just doesn't seem like something worth lying about. Even if it isn't true, it still wouldn't prove the guy is lying. THe point of a thread is to discuss, so why not discuss the track, instead of putting the guy on trial for his lack of evidence.

Nobody should get super excited over it until it's confirmed but that doesn't mean berate the guy for sharing the info.

Gullible human is Gullible.

You're just as bad as the other guy. Tell me, what reason do you have to think he's lying?

What does he have to gain? Nothing.

Just like the other guy, I think you spend to much time on forums if you have such a hateful attitude to anyone who says things without 100% confirmation.

You don't have to bet on him telling the truth, but there's no reason for an attitude like that. Is your life so negative that you're unable to ponder the idea of him not lying?

It's fine to question his credibility, but an attitude like that is just uncalled for.

Last edited:
Remember all the 🤬 the guy who mentioned PD being at Bathurst went through? Now, supposedly, it's going to be making it's debut in GT6.

i dont have any photos , my friend told me about this , if you dont believe me no problem , wait until gt6 is released and you can eat your words

Guess what, Kaz is releasing a complimentary Jet Car for everyone that preorders GT6. My friend told me so. :sly:

Is it an ignorant assumption to think that in a crowded place at least one person has a cellphone with a camera, in 2013?

https://www.gtplanet.net/silverstone-circuit-coming-to-the-gran-turismo-series/

Again, you're making assumptions. Re-read the original post.bAll he said is that his friend has links with the location, that's it. So why would it be crowded? Oh wait, you must be ASSUMING that it was during an event. Which is unlikely. If PD was going to be scanning a track, they wouldn't do it when there were crowds of people around now would they? So you also must be ignorant to how PD scans tracks too, but still making assumptions. And also, even if it was during an event, why would anyone else take photo's? Do you think the general public knows what track scanning is? OR even what gran turismo is? Again, another assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back