Are this GT5 images?

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 36 comments
I have a slight feeling this are GT5 images what do you think?? Maybe they look to real to be CPU graphics.

13786.jpg

13785.jpg

13787.jpg

No. Those are from the launch of the GTR Prototype. Damn nice car... looks surreal. :D

How dense are you. where, on the internet does anyone say thoes are pics from GT5, as nicky said they're pics of the Nissan GT-R Proto. They're real pics, and in no way look or should be confused with a video game, are you really cobragt?

Official "photos", as nicky said. Still, I think that some of those "photos" are very HD renders.

And they look like some HD PhotoMode, no doubt, especially one near the track stands.

However, more wallpapers that really looks like GT5's PhotoMode available at www.gtrproto.com. :D

Attachments

• image_5_LR.jpg
    image_5_LR.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 86
amar212
Official "photos", as nicky said.Still, I think that some of those "photos" are very HD renders.

And they look like some HD PhotoMode, no doubt, especially one near the track stands.

However, more wallpapers that really looks like GT5's PhotoMode available at www.gtrproto.com. :D

Yes, thats what I thought. They look like renders.

And the Japanese GT4 site has news about the new GTR.

@ live4speed: no, I am not cobragt!

OK. Now I'm sure that majority of "photos" on official site are renders, and probably rendered from GT engine of somekind. The story about GTR on very GT japanese site can even lead me to some thoughts about special GT editon for GTR launch.

However, here is the very plastic evidence - a part of one of the "photos" from the site.

You'll notice unbelievably detailed reflections of trees and fences on both carbon-parts and chasis which is just impossible to catch in such accuracy on the moving car by any camera ot techinque - not to speak about carbon being able to reflect anything in such accuracy.

So, another teaser. What a wait.

Attachments

• image_3_LR.jpg
    image_3_LR.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 93
zonekill
@ live4speed: no, I am not cobragt!
That was a joke, older members here may remember my "debates" with a member called cobragt over game graphics.

amar212
OK. Now I'm sure that majority of "photos" on official site are renders, and probably rendered from GT engine of somekind. The story about GTR on very GT japanese site can even lead me to some thoughts about special GT editon for GTR launch.
Hi def renders, yes. Renders made with GT5's photomode, not a chance. The car is on the GT site simply because Kaz is one of the biggest Skyline fans you'll find on the planet. The renders will have been done by a preofessional design team working for Nissan. We've already seen what GT5 will look like, it looks great, but it's not as goo as these renders, and they'd need to improve the graphics a hell of a lot to match them. It's like when everyone saw a few Ferrari in that video with GT4:P they all jumped to mad conclusions and read far too much into it. Your a level headed guy, which is most likely, GT5 or just Nissan's own renders that are on the site cos Kaz is a big GT-R fan.

live4speed
Hi def renders, yes. Renders made with GT5's photomode, not a chance. The car is on the GT site simply because Kaz is one of the biggest Skyline fans you'll find on the planet. The renders will have been done by a preofessional design team working for Nissan. We've already seen what GT5 will look like, it looks great, but it's not as goo as these renders, and they'd need to improve the graphics a hell of a lot to match them. It's like when everyone saw a few Ferrari in that video with GT4:P they all jumped to mad conclusions and read far too much into it. Your a level headed guy, which is most likely, GT5 or just Nissan's own renders that are on the site cos Kaz is a big GT-R fan.

I didn't say a word about GT5 PhotoMode, dude, you did:).

But those "photos" undoubtfully looks like HD PhotoMode engine, made full-poly modeling.

Kaz's "fanboyism" has nothing to do with cooperation between Nissan and Sony - Nissan and Toyota are two biggest paertners with both Sony and PD for GT game-series for about decade - promotion of new GT-R together wiith some special GT game - as has happend with Prius and Toyota Racing game in Japan, Nurburgring Falken demo or BMW Series 1 in Europe - would be very expected.

Fair point, but we've already seen GT5, we've seen what the GT5 cars look like and these are a huge, huge step up from that. More so than I think any photomode will do. Your right about you not mentioning photomode, I jumped to the concluson thats what youmeant when you said a GT engine, but hey. As for a special edition of GT, like GT GT-R or something, that'd be a cool promotion opportunity Nissan would probably want to exploit.

As or Kaz's fanboyism, it has plenty to do with GT's car selection and the content of the Japanese GT site, at least on the site front I think it does.

More pics here This is the official site of new GT-R proto, and have to admit that I'm perfectly happy with this new concept. Thank God that they ditched the ugly G35/350Z resembling looks..

New GT-R will probably have 480 bhp from 3.8l twinturbo V6, and revised version of ATTESA-ETS system.. it will also be lighter than R32 GT-R, weighing mere 1390 kg! :drool: 👍

And here is The Baby in the real-life, early tonight on TAS.

Attachments

• NEW_GTR_R_02_LR.jpg
    NEW_GTR_R_02_LR.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 50
  • NEW_GTR_R_01_LR.jpg
    NEW_GTR_R_01_LR.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 53
  • NEW_GTR_R_05_LR.jpg
    NEW_GTR_R_05_LR.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 47
live4speed
That was a joke, older members here may remember my "debates" with a member called cobragt over game graphics.

I remember your and other members debates with cobragt well :lol:. It was interesting to read what cobragt would come up with next.

Give it another 4 before they look as real as graphics can get, most next gen games do look close to rear. But its not far off from real looking graphics.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Give it another 4 before they look as real as graphics can get, most next gen games do look close to rear. But its not far off from real looking graphics.

Its not pictures of a game though - its an HD render of a real car

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I was talking about the future of graphics in games mate, plus i know this.

👍

Just the way you worded it, as if you thought it was a game, sorry bud.

What does 'give it another 4' mean?

amar212
OK. Now I'm sure that majority of "photos" on official site are renders, and probably rendered from GT engine of some-kind. The story about GTR on very GT Japanese site can even lead me to some thoughts about special GT edition for GTR launch.

However, here is the very plastic evidence - a part of one of the "photos" from the site.

You'll notice unbelievably detailed reflections of trees and fences on both carbon-parts and chassis which is just impossible to catch in such accuracy on the moving car by any camera to technique - not to speak about carbon being able to reflect anything in such accuracy.

So, another teaser. What a wait.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they are real picture because yes carbon fibre can reflect the background i have a "Best motoring" vid of Keiichi Tsuchiya's AE86 GTV it has a carbon fibre bonnet(hood in USA) and if u look at the bonnet it reflects the trees over head on the touge he is racing on LOL. Also anything half shiney can reflect my black glass coffee tabletop reflects(darker) but very vivid reflections so i am sure they are real photographs and the backgrounds look like GT4 MAYBE COZ THE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN IN JAPAN AND GT4 IS A JAPANESE "GAME" after all mmkay but if they are fake i'd say they were made by Squaresoft because they only have the skill to pull off sumthin like that i mean really look at "Final Fantasy: The sprites within".

P.S i corrected ur spelling errors lol

NIGHT_WARRIOR
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they are real picture because yes carbon fibre can reflect the background i have a "Best motoring" vid of Keiichi Tsuchiya's AE86 GTV it has a carbon fibre bonnet(hood in USA) and if u look at the bonnet it reflects the trees over head on the touge he is racing on LOL. Also anything half shiney can reflect my black glass coffee tabletop reflects(darker) but very vivid reflections so i am sure they are real photographs and the backgrounds look like GT4 MAYBE COZ THE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN IN JAPAN AND GT4 IS A JAPANESE "GAME" after all mmkay but if they are fake i'd say they were made by Squaresoft because they only have the skill to pull off sumthin like that i mean really look at "Final Fantasy: The sprites within".

P.S i corrected ur spelling errors lol

With your grammar, punctuation and use of "ur, coz,u" etc., I think you should keep your mouth shut about spelling, chum.

I don't think anyone ever said that carbon fiber can't reflect anything; I believe the person in question said that it didn't reflect as well. He also mentioned how a camera could not capture such detail. I haven't looked at the photos very closely, but I wager that he knows what he's talking about so he's probably right on that account.

Anywho... Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Skylines since they're so big and heavy. In fact, I'm not a fan of many things that are big and heavy except maybe bomber aircraft. Despite that, I think this new Skyline is looking nice. The Infinite G35 doesn't seem to strike me as a new Skyline but this new "render", or whatever it is, is starting look more like the Skylines of old. I'm actually happy to see that. It has no personality without it and the new sleeker look just seems cool to me. 👍 to the new design I think.

But seriously, kids. Grammer and attention spans....

Back