If GT4 goes online... what car would you bring to the party?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sauberc11
  • 145 comments
  • 5,904 views
Surely it would depend on the rules of the race.
 
Yeah, I mean if somone organises a Clio V6 race car race your not racing in anything but a Clio V6, and if the game doesn't let you limit races like that as an option, and you try enter in a ZZII you'll just get kicked. If it's a no holds barred road car only race it'd be the ZZII or the Speed 12, if I was after a more certain win, the ZZII, if I wanted to just race and do my thing and finnish near the top but wasn't too bothered if it was 1st or 2nd ect, the Speed 12.
 
If it was assumed to be a 800BHP limit...

Hmmm....probably one of my luffly Supras tuned up
 
Road car = TVR Speed 12 (1136bhp)
Race car = TVR Speed 12 (1136bhp)

the only changes i would make is when i race against other race cars, i would put racing mediums on the TVR, then it can go 0-60mpg in 3.xx seconds! Now i call that a fast car!
 
Road car: Bright Red '70 Charger 440 R/T, tuned to the max, save NOS and a wing.
Racer: 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Racer

I like the heavier cars, myself XD
 
Roadcars: I'd bring my XJ220 because it's sexy and fast.

Racecars: I'd bring my Audi R8. Chances are mines faster than yours.
 
What is the first thing I say about online gaming? Right- I'm not really an online guy. But if I was an online gamer, I have a number of weapons in my armory to bring online... I should say cars from my [virtual] garage. I would like to say that I'd like to use anything available to me that I can bring to bigtime racing. Keep in mind that a few new cars and tracks(?) will find their way to GT4. I'd want to try out the newer MX-5 in the game and give a few more cars the John treatment.

I'd likely go with fast race cars and hard-tuned sports cars, and here's why. If I was racing online, the majority of automobiles that will be taken into online competition are likely cars that can do 170 mph or more, and most likely on tracks like the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The key factor I'd think about is that if you're going to do racing against more mainstream opponents, you have to "play the system," you dig? So if it means that you're used to a Nissan S15 Silvia (damn shame that this car never was sold in America) around Midfield Raceway or Tokyo R246, then you're going to have to assimilate to the mainstream because if you don't, you are going to lose a handful of races. So if I was going to take on the world online, I'd have to get used to what all the mainstream people are playing online. I would also have to fine-tune my racing skills to meet other people. I have always attacked the statement about AI not being an issue because of human opponents. I still believe that you can't trust people will race any better than the AI racers. There will still be the losers who want to throw you off the track.

Assuming that 60+ percent of online races will be with the fast cars on tough tracks, I'd go with my own underdog effort- the GT Skyline Pace Car. This was the ultimate treat as it can drift, it can race, it can handle, it was the ultimate surprise. This is not to mention that you can put on a light show as you enjoy speedfreaking it around the track. I'd bring the beautiful 2004 Pescarolo Courage (not to say the 2005 isn't a French beauty either) to real race car tracks. I like all the JGTC/Super GT Supras, but the WoodOne Supra has the V8 engine and actually performs better than the older Supra race cars. It is still a far cry from the 680hp Castrol Supra from GT1 and GT2 in terms of power, but it's still my JGTC weapon. If rally cars is the game, I have three picks. First is the awesome Lancia Stratos Rally Car powered by a Ferrari engine and won the rally championship three years straight in the mid-late 1970s. Second, I'll go with a Mitsubishi Lancer Super Rally Raid Car. It is a fancy name for a car that sells for 7-figures in GT4, but it really is a nice machine. Third, I'd pick a car that is everything the Escudo Pikes Peak was, only more sane- the Toyota R?? Rally Raid Car. It may be beastly-looking, but fear not, player... it's beastly on the track as well. My other pick would be the Lancia Delta S4. If you want rally racing, look no place better than Lancia. They make solid rally cars. If trucking is the game, I can go American or Japanese. I'd want to play the underdog and use the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. I think this is more of a car than a truck. It's a car in a truck body, and with tuning, it's probably the best truck in the game even if it gives up a lot of horsepower. It's also the lightest of the four commercially-available trucks. Kei racing? I'd go with a tuned Suzuki Cappuccino or a tuned Mazda AZ-1. For racing, I need not say more than the Honda S800 Race Car, a car that is a front-engined go-kart. So much fun to race for a small package.

That is, if I was online. You call for a challenge and I was an online racer, I'd say, "let's rock!"
 
Well, the car I'd try and use at any opportunity would have to be my 'club racer' Griffith. I love the way it looks, sounds and goes. Sorted. 👍
 
Well, assuming the GT4 online does come out, I will have a few 'weapons' to bring out.

First is for the drift battles. My 393bhp Honda S200 should do the trick.

Twisty circuit you say? Look no further than my 246bhp TimeAttack Levin.

For the High Speed stuff? The Nissan(pronounced 'niss-an') R92CP "Black Attack"

For the combo, it's easy, the Audi A4 DTM car.
 
I think i just pick one off my 30 favorite skyline's out:sly: , our have some fun with a Pagani Zonda at a supercar challenge :dunce:
 
You'd probably just end up playing around in a D1GP car with some 10-year-olds who think that the only reason they put online play in was to drift. 👎

God help us all if they have voice-enabled online play. :D
 
luftrofl
You'd probably just end up playing around in a D1GP car with some 10-year-olds who think that the only reason they put online play in was to drift. 👎

God help us all if they have voice-enabled online play. :D
They ALWAYS have a mute feater... ALWAYS
 
96 Skyline GT-R - Road
Minolta Toyota 88C-V - Race
 
Master_Yoda
luftrofl
You'd probably just end up playing around in a D1GP car with some 10-year-olds who think that the only reason they put online play in was to drift. 👎

God help us all if they have voice-enabled online play. :D
They ALWAYS have a mute feater... ALWAYS

Yeah. Besides, it's fun to kick the pants off of some trash-talking punk who thinks he's the best. :sly:

PGR2 with X-BOX Live was awesome. If PD and Sony manage to include competent voice-chatting in this version of the game.... 👍

Just as long as they don't include voice modifiers (high-pitched, robot, low-pitched, etc.) like on X-BOX live (PGR2, at least). It gets old, really fast.
 
joseph dobson
...... then it can go 0-60mpg in 3.xx seconds!

No, that would win you a Nobel Prize for increasing economy over time! :lol:

0-60mph in 3s is impressive!

A 1000HP+ car that gets more economical as it gets quicker is just phenomenal! :lol:
 
Smallhorses
No, that would win you a Nobel Prize for increasing economy over time! :lol:

0-60mph in 3s is impressive!

A 1000HP+ car that gets more economical as it gets quicker is just phenomenal! :lol:
:lol: Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could just coast down a hill while idling. The faster you go, the more miles you're (theoretically) travelling for each gallon. :sly:
 
Depends on rules for the race, Race class cars, Super Cars, sport cars, econo boxes...., even those classes have sub-divisions within them, so I believe that races should have a PTW limit, that should keep things level and tire grade.

Me for low power races on N1's I'd use my VW Bora or my Integra, my favorite out of the cars has got to be my S7, I've got 3 in varying suspension and weight settings. For R class cars, I have lots to choose from GT500, GT350, ALMS GT1, GT2, LMP Class and that blasted F1. But I'd probably use the Sauber, Minolta, 787B, R92CP, Pescarolo's(only if tire wear is on).

The Nür would be my course of choice, as is Infineon Sports Cars course, Laguna Seca, El Capitan, Grand Valley Speedway...heck just about all the course in GT4 are wonderful race courses, wish SS R11 was in the mix.
 
Road car: SLR McLaren

Race Car: AMG Mercedes Benz CLK GTR
 
I think I would try to set up a seperate server for Caterhams only:D

If the new GT4 will allow that:)
 
Road: '98 RX-7.....forget which version....completely stock on the outside, but pop the hood and you will probly soil your pants.....tuned perfectly to my tastes as a track car...or, Evo IV TME GSR.....not as stock exterior as the RX-7, but still tuned to my likeing.......another could be my V8 Vantage.....what power in that thing.....its a beast.

Race: Audi TT DTM, i feel real comfortable in that car......any of my JGTC Supras, all are great......and for Prototypes.....gotta go with the Jag ;) :D



ive got some good memories of playing PGR2 online at my friends house......ended up challengine a group of guys who we had just beaten in a game of Cat and Mouse to an all Mini race claiming that i was the best mini driver......well, 5 laps of torture in Moscow and i was keeping my claim until that last corner on the last lap.......skidded into the wall and got passed...doh!

hopefully online in GT4-O will allow such things........i hope that some people will set up servers for races with 'stock' GT and other cars.......im really not into tuning something thats already tuned (ie: tuning any LMP)....all my racecars are stock as far as the engines go, i just mess with the tranny, suspension and downforce to suit my tastes.....
 
If GT4 online would allow very specific and nit-picky race rule settings, such as "Stage I mods only", "Stage II mods only", tire restrictions, hp restrictions, minimum weight and ballast balance restrictions, then I'm in...

Otherwise, I'll only see the rest of you in the ghost-lap function... :lol:

I think my weapon of choice would either be a ZZII or an Escudo ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), I may not be able to win in the Escudo, but it'll be hella fun blasting past LMPs on the straights.
 
Smallhorses
No, that would win you a Nobel Prize for increasing economy over time! :lol:

0-60mph in 3s is impressive!

A 1000HP+ car that gets more economical as it gets quicker is just phenomenal! :lol:
My STI Spec C can do that........... i mean go 0-60 in 3s.
 
Back