If GT4 goes online... what car would you bring to the party?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sauberc11
  • 145 comments
  • 5,927 views
If it goes online I would definitely bring the Nissan CALSONIC Skyline, I love that car!
 
Wolfe2x7
IActually, I imagine the C5 Z06 would have fared much better in that Best Motoring race. After all, it matched the race-winning 996 Turbo's 'Ring time. It would still have a disadvantage on the Japanese track's tight corners and short straightaways, though, simply because of the V8 and RWD (after all, the 360 Modena didn't do so well). :indiff:

Thats exactly what i was saying. The reason any American car, expecially Vette with "leaf spring technology" would have been right back in last place. So what if it has 10 trillion hoarse power, all american cars have that, thats why i said, keep them on the drag strips:dopey: . Yes of coarse the RACE CAR version of the Z06 won the nurburgring thingy or what ever. Cauuse it has down force from the rear spoiler, and racing tires so it has more traction.
And the stock car was on Nurburgring with no other cars, if it was on a small Japanese track, it would get owned.


Wolfe2x7
I don't know about other people, but I only make the claim that the tuning is biased to Japanese makes. :)

So what? it's the Japanese people that do almost all the tuning and export companys, of coarse there gonna do it on your own cars. But it's us Americans are to lazy.
 
I dont like these ultra fast cars.
I prefer dealing with curves in a medium speed unbalanced car than keep running at one billion Km/h in Test Course.

Gave up bringing my fully tuned Isuzu Piazza XE online. Now it's time for my Golf I, used, with old oil.
 
im too lazy to quote :ouch:

anyways tuning isnt just a japanese thing. its true japan has Jun, Cusco, Mugen, Spoon, yadda yadda, but americans have some too. mopar, saleen (i believe they work on mustangs im not very sure about this), and some others i cant think of at the moment, my brain is suffering from lag (its too early in the morning).

btw im surpised the people aruging for the american cars failed to mention the Ford GT 💡
 
I think too many people have their opinions based on what Jeremy Clarkson says. I dont like american cars at all, just the Ford GT is a car I like very much ( dont ask me why though)

Anyway, I dont like american cars, but what Jeremy Clarkson always says about the cornering abilities, I doubt his opinion.
They just say the Corvette has old spring technology, and thats it, they never really tested it did they? I need to see it with my own eyes.

But american cars have it all wrong....:banghead: Especially the dumb pick up trucks, like the Dodge Ram and stuff like that. It's really pathetic to see a car like that. Hell yeah it can be fast, but it looks VERY VERY DUMB IMO:dunce:
The amount of effort technology thats put into those cars really seems like:
"OH our car's weight is 2000KG, lets put in another 300BHP to make up for it:banghead:"
Thats not really difficult to come up with is it?

The cars just annoy me somehow.
 
Niels
I think too many people have their opinions based on what Jeremy Clarkson says. I dont like american cars at all, just the Ford GT is a car I like very much ( dont ask me why though)

Anyway, I dont like american cars, but what Jeremy Clarkson always says about the cornering abilities, I doubt his opinion.
They just say the Corvette has old spring technology, and thats it, they never really tested it did they? I need to see it with my own eyes.

But american cars have it all wrong....:banghead: Especially the dumb pick up trucks, like the Dodge Ram and stuff like that. It's really pathetic to see a car like that. Hell yeah it can be fast, but it looks VERY VERY DUMB IMO:dunce:
The amount of effort technology thats put into those cars really seems like:
"OH our car's weight is 2000KG, lets put in another 300BHP to make up for it:banghead:"
Thats not really difficult to come up with is it?

The cars just annoy me somehow.

Do you know the reason trucks are built, what their purpose is? They are power machines, workhorses, the hp rating means almost nothing, it's the torque that people look at, the more torque the more work being done.

I myself dislike american automakers for always making their cars rather hugely, but our society is becoming an obese one and we need car to haul all these fat asses around. Like the new Charger, seriously, does the car need to be that "BIG", no but hey it's America our roads are quite large, so why not the cars? Listen with the way the public is, it's hard for an American manufacturer, who employs Americans, build a top notch low priced car, it just ain't gonna happen. There isn't a market for light, safe, powerful and moderately priced sport cars, you can have two of those, but never all three at the same time. It's not a sound business decision, because a car that is light, safe and powerful, is going to be expensive to develop, PERIOD.
 
Are we gonna discuss the merits of American vs World's cars here? or are we gonna say which car we'd bring to the show if GT4 was online? Geez....

Talk about getting off topic! You guys need to take the debate into another thread.
 
Jim Prower
Are we gonna discuss the merits of American vs World's cars here? or are we gonna say which car we'd bring to the show if GT4 was online? Geez....

Talk about getting off topic! You guys need to take the debate into another thread.
How about we just end the debate, cause it's all opinionated.
 
Master_Yoda
How about we just end the debate, cause it's all opinionated.

I agree.

you know, just for laughs, in a Drift race, I might bring my F-150 Lightning, "Uncle Jesse's Pickup," just for a change of pace against all the Truenos, Silvias, and Skylines.
 
Jim Prower
I agree.

you know, just for laughs, in a Drift race, I might bring my F-150 Lightning, "Uncle Jesse's Pickup," just for a change of pace against all the Truenos, Silvias, and Skylines.
M3, Supras, NSX, 240SX, some would beusing the 300C, 300ZX, G35, Yellowbird, M5, and plenty others!
 
FaLLeNAn9eL
btw im surpised the people aruging for the american cars failed to mention the Ford GT 💡

For which part -- handling? 'Cause compared to its rivals, its handling is pretty poor.

I don't even like american cars -- I just won't let you guys diss them for illogical reasons. :lol:

Jim Prower
Talk about getting off topic! You guys need to take the debate into another thread.

Right, as if a bunch of people listing cars they like is a productive thread all on its own... :rolleyes:

I'll stop now, but the "american cars vs the world" debate is probably the most interesting posting this thread will ever see... :dopey:
 
I would have to say a mix of British cars but mainly TVR's. But I would also use some Japanese cars like the EVO and Skyline.

Oh and maybe some M3's or AMG tuned Mercs.
 
Lexus IS300 Sport Cross, Honda Integra Type R (DC2), Honda NSX Type R, Audi A3, Jaguar XKR R Performance, Lan Evo VIII MR GSR, 300ZX 2-seater Z32, Nissan Motul Pitwork Z, Pontiac GTO 5.7, RE Amemiya RX-7, Shelby GT350, Toyota MR2 Spyder, Sprinter Trueno S.S., Wedssport Celica, Volvo S60.
 
FaLLeNAn9eL
its true japan has Jun, Cusco, Mugen, Spoon, yadda yadda, but americans have some too. mopar, saleen (i believe they work on mustangs im not very sure about this)

Yup Saleen does
 
Thirdeye
Lexus IS300 Sport Cross, Honda Integra Type R (DC2), Honda NSX Type R, Audi A3, Jaguar XKR R Performance, Lan Evo VIII MR GSR, 300ZX 2-seater Z32, Nissan Motul Pitwork Z, Pontiac GTO 5.7, RE Amemiya RX-7, Shelby GT350, Toyota MR2 Spyder, Sprinter Trueno S.S., Wedssport Celica, Volvo S60.
Thats IT?
 
The Suzuki Special Model Hell yeh! When Set up right on GT4 It kicks every car on the grid.

Although on GT3 It had a 5 Litre engine but now it has a 2 litre engine, Weird?
 
It had a 2.5 liter engine in GT2 and GT3 and I'm pretty sure it's a 2.5 liter engine in GT4 as well. There was 2 very different Escudo pieks peak cars used, the first one was twin engined, like the Cultus, after that they used a single 2.5 liter V6 engine and simply tweaked the car year after year until they replaced it with the Aerio Pikes Peak racer.
 
Oh yeh thats right it used to be called the "Pikes Peaks" thing. Now its a "Dirt trail Car". Sadly I dont have GT2 or GT3 anymore :( lent GT2 to my uncle and didnt see it for 4 years and GT3 I swapped it for another game. But I still have GT1! :)
 
the used 2000 Mustang tuned to the max and rear wing black...I made it look awesome though with an added touch :sly:
 
NISSAN SKYLINE - GTR LE MANS LM - 96' FULLY TUNED, BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH WHEELS, I CANT SEEN TOO FIND ANY THAT LOOK GOOD, THEY ARE ALL TOO SMALL!:grumpy:
 
street:Nismo 400r or 350z
Racing: M3 GTR race car
 
shaz_ff
NISSAN SKYLINE - GTR LE MANS LM - 96' FULLY TUNED, BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH WHEELS, I CANT SEEN TOO FIND ANY THAT LOOK GOOD, THEY ARE ALL TOO SMALL!:grumpy:

You don't have to yell.
 
For me my choices world be:

Twisty courses: S2000, RX-7 Savanna, Audi TT, Trueno SS
High speed: Minlota 88C-V, R92CP, R8, Formula Grand Turismo, Sauber C9
Road: Skyline Nur, M5, S7, M3 GTR, GT Skyline Pace Car:D
Drift: Impreza WRX STI Spec C, Escudo Pikes Peaks, Lancer EVO

And for all of the above: Mercedes Touring Car, AMG Race Car
 
Audi S4, i have now grown to love this car! :drool: It's lowered, Sport softs, full tunned, slight changes with the gears, and to top it off, Buick GNX rims :drool: It's light blue, and i found it in the used car lot last night. I can run a sun 55 second lap at Tskuba! :)

Above all, this car rules!

Also, a a variety of other Audis, AMG Mercedes, and a few BMW's!

:D I'm jumping out of Japan for awile.
 
Definitely my lotus elise! I just love driving this car with no driving aids through tokyo. I also love my G35, and my VW Nardo! My subaru imprezza comes in fourth, and my corvette C3 stingray is fifth.
 
MINICOOPER120
Definitely my lotus elise! I just love driving this car with no driving aids through tokyo. I also love my G35, and my VW Nardo! My subaru imprezza comes in fourth, and my corvette C3 stingray is fifth.

Where's the Mini Cooper??? :D
 
Back