• Daihatsu Midget

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Fiat 500R

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Subaru 360

• Ford Ka

• Any Kei car not mentioned (please write your answer)

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Any car not mentioned (again, share w/us your thoughts).

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters

Parnelli Bone

www.gtcarreviews.com
Premium
United States
Columbia, MD.
Parnelli_Bones
You bought this car, you tuned it...then you tried to race it and found it un-driveable or simply non-competitive. Basically, which car in GT2 do you think is....THE BIGGEST LEMON???

My vote goes to the Renault Clio 16v. Simply unusable in any races except perhaps the Sunday Club @ Tahiti and one of the kei car races. A money pit!

Last edited:
The DB7 is bought turned out to be none too fast, kinda dull, and much too heavy. But wth, any new car is an enjoyable experience.

In GT4, for testing purposes, I bought the completely unusable Citroen Xsara Rally Car for $750k. 300 hp to the front wheels with hard tires leads to little fun indeed. Avoid unless you're an enthusiast, which you for whatever reason are. :yuck:
I don't really consider Kei cars to be up for the Lemon title, since they start that way by default. ;) They aren't made to be fast.

I never bought it, but I've tried to tune it to no avail: TVR Speed 12
It won't go straight, it won't turn, the brakes are a joke, and it likes to sit in one place and burn rubber.

I thought the Speed 12 was a fun car, but then again, I haven't played GT2 in ages(feels like it, anyway). Personally, I couldn't stand most of the Chrysler concept vehicles since GT1.

Fiat Coupe. I wanted to make a car that would go good in the touring car cup (don't laugh :D). I maxed out the hp and raced it on Apricot hill. I should have took it to the test track first because boy, did this car SUCK! It had horrible steering (even with super softs) the top speed was bad and the accleration was bad too. After I lost the race I sold the Fiat Loser coupe and never bought one again.

Another is the Plymouth Spyder. Not much to tell about this car except its understeer and heavy feel.

And last but not least, the Pheaton thing that Dodge has. Does anyone else but me think that that limo has rear wheel steering?

GTP Forums - ÷ The Biggest LEMON ÷ does not compute.

Anyway, you can't compete with the overall awfulness of the Subaru 360. In yellow, it looks like a banana peel slowly slipping down the tarmac.

Pitiful.

Hmm... I like almost all of the cars everyone posted here... exceptions are the Clio and Phaeton.
The Speed 12 is such a powerful and fast car... true it's a beast that needs tweaking, but it can be a very fast and fun car, in my opinion. I also find the Subaru 360 quite funny... :D

The biggest Lemon to me are the normal (no race mod) Lotus Esprits. I like the car looks, it has a decent power/weight, but i always had problems with it's setup... I was never able to make that car handling a way that i like... :(

I'm going to nominate the Daihatsu Opti Club for the biggest LEMON in all the GT realm.

You can upgrade it from 55hp to 82hp. That says it all. It has no redeming looks, no novelty factor, no power, no handling, and no reason to be in the game. Basically, you could throw lots of money at this car (unlike, say...a Prius) and still not catch the competition.

At least the Midget looks so insanely stupid that it's fun to watch that thing in the replays.

I have to say this, the Ford Ka is total tripe. It may have a lauded suspension, known all over Europe for it's agility, but...uhhh, it costs more than the far more usable Mercury Cougar ('67). It also weighs far too much and is put to shame...wait, better words should be used: Destroyed by either of the 2 Minis, the Mitsubishi Pajero Mini, the Toyota Prius, the Honda BEAT, practically anything. Besides, dump $150,000 into the Subaru 360 and it can do miracles. Ditto for the Fiat 500R, Speed 12 if you set it up right and the same goes to the DB-7 and to a far lesser extent, the Phaeton. Also, at least the Opti Club Sport looks adorably cute (why no, I don't question my sexuality) and the Midget II is stupid enough to be fun.

Ha ha ha, these are all good answers. I just laughed so hard reading this thread I had tears!

F. Wonky, like Pupik said, some Kei cars can absolutely destroy with money dumped into them, while others (Honda Beat, the '95 Move, the Life, etc.) never really make it past the Kei car races...if that!

Gil: man, I forgot the Speed 12 as a separate category! Oh well.

Neon: I've never even tried the Fiat Coupe except in that B license test. Now you got me curious.

Mac: I was eventually gonna say we should try the Europa @ Deep Forest in one of our Setup vs. Setup trials. you up for it? I wanna see what we all come up with cuz personally I too find those Lotuses (Loti?) near impossible to get going smoothly.

Last edited:
What can I say I love the midget like have you. yes you. ever made a midgett top out at 100 well your reading it from a guy who has but when you have it like that i beat the subaru impreezza AI on smokey mountain north with it Hoorah. :) :) :) :) :cheers: :) :) :) :cheers: :) :) :)

Parnelli Bone
Mac: i was eventually gonna say we should try the Europa @ Deep Forest in one of our Setup vs. Setup trials. you up for it? I wanna see what we all come up with cuz personally i too find those Lotuses (Loti?) near impossible to get going smoothly.
Ok Parnelli, i don't like much of Europa but that's not problem, i can give it a try at Deep Forest ;)

Gil
I never bought it, but I've tried to tune it to no avail: TVR Speed 12
It won't go straight, it won't turn, the brakes are a joke, and it likes to sit in one place and burn rubber.

a6m5
I thought the Speed 12 was a fun car, but then again, I haven't played GT2 in ages(feels like it, anyway). Personally, I couldn't stand most of the Chrysler concept vehicles since GT1.

MacRoadster
The Speed 12 is such a powerful and fast car... true it's a beast that needs tweaking, but it can be a very fast and fun car, in my opinion.

I see the TVR Speed 12 argument has started already.

Neon_SRT
And last but not least, the Pheaton thing that Dodge has. Does anyone else but me think that that limo has rear wheel steering?

I agree, the Dodge Pheaton car must be the biggest lemon in GT2 and it's a prize car so you can't even ignore it.

I remember having a lot of fun with the Phaeton.

I won the Seattle, Grand Valley, and Apricot Hill enduroes.

The DB7 was a real lemon in GT1. I'm not sure I ever tried it in GT2, except for the Manufacturer's Race. Yup. That's what my logs seem to say.

To this day I still haven't tried the Phaeton, even tho I've got a couple of them. I'm sure it'll be interesting!

I'm the opposite of Sportwagon--I never tried the DB7 in GT1 but have some experience with it in the 2nd game. I find it's driveable but you gotta baby it alot. And that limited slip...gotta have that too no doubt.

Last edited:
I think the biggest lemon was the Lister Storm. It was to GT2 sort of what the Toyota Chaser LM was to GT1, but maybe worse. And more disappointing since it was a real-life car and looked sort of snazzy.

SportWagon
I think the biggest lemon was the Lister Storm. It was to GT2 sort of what the Toyota Chaser LM was to GT1, but maybe worse. And more disappointing since it was a real-life car and looked sort of snazzy.

Sort of snazzy? The Lister is the most ungodly thing I've ever seen. Slow to boot. :yuck:

I found the Lister to be a great car... Easily wins any of the All-Stars Races, for me at least.

The Lotus Europa I found to be a lemon... I break-dances better than I do. Same for the Esprit GT-1... Eh. :yuck:

with the lister storm, and speed 12 I disagree, because I can win the gt world championship with those, so it would be wrong to say they are lemon :P.
<>
I find it funny no one has mentioned the drag cars. They have got to be worse... The hk dragsters fr and 4wd both had horrible steering that no other car in the game can compete with, NOT even the chrysler phaeton...

confactor-m12LM
with the lister storm, and speed 12 I disagree, because I can win the gt world championship with those, so it would be wrong to say they are lemon :P.
<>
I find it funny no one has mentioned the drag cars. They have got to be worse... The hk dragsters fr and 4wd both had horrible steering that no other car in the game can compete with, NOT even the chrysler phaeton...
That's true... they can only be used to beat max speed records on test course...

Would be great if we had drag races in the game... :rolleyes:

For me the biggest limon in the game is Vw golf IV 2.3 V5, why??

look...

Vw golf IV 2.3 V5 147HP ---- 349HP
Vw golf IV GTI 1.8T 158HP ---- 384HP

...for what is the bigger engine??

Subaru 360, fiat 500R, aston martin DB7 etc. at least are other than all... Besides, I don't know for what are several types some models, for example impreza, NSX, skyline, RX-7 (RB, RS - practically keine difference )...

Jetboys427
I found the Lister to be a great car... Easily wins any of the All-Stars Races, for me at least.

The Lotus Europa I found to be a lemon... I break-dances better than I do. Same for the Esprit GT-1... Eh. :yuck:

Haha. Haven't tried the Lister yet, but I can say that the Europa just takes a bit of mastery to control it. I think in real life back in the 60's & 70's it was rarely driven at Gran Turismo speed.

Last edited:
piromanufo
For me the biggest limon in the game is Vw golf IV 2.3 V5, why??

look...

Vw golf IV 2.3 V5 147HP ---- 349HP
Vw golf IV GTI 1.8T 158HP ---- 384HP

...for what is the bigger engine??
It actually has nothing to do with racing, but it's there to avoid a punitive tax in France placed on engines of more than or equal to 2.5 litres. It's also led to some pretty odd cars, such as (I believe) the Ferrari 208 Turbo, but that might be based in an Italian tax.

Toronado
It actually has nothing to do with racing, but it's there to avoid a punitive tax in France placed on engines of more than or equal to 2.5 litres. It's also led to some pretty odd cars, such as (I believe) the Ferrari 208 Turbo, but that might be based in an Italian tax.

Interesting.

Toronado
I know. The useless crap you learn reding Automobile magazine.

No, i don't think it's useless; it really is interesting to me. I like learning stuff like that.

Parnelli Bone
No, i don't think it's useless; it really is interesting to me. I like learning stuff like that.
Yeah, but it doesn't really have any real world applications unless you actually live in France.

Parnelli Bone
Talking about taxes... maybe you'll like to know this then...

Where i live, in Portugal, taxes on cars are so high that it's cheaper to go buy them in other European countries... and many manufacturers don't send their top models here... :(
We don't have Corvettes, Vipers, Supras, Skylines, NSX, etc... To have one only importing it from somewhere else...

As an example, there's the Corvette Coupe on Chevrolet website priced at $45895USD (37879Eur), a great car with 400hp. With that money here, i could buy a... Toyota MR2 with 140hp... :grumpy:

I think we're lucky to get TVRs, but a Tuscan S 4.0 with 390hp costs 117211Eur ($142188USD)... in USA could buy 3 Corvettes with that money...

Interesting isn't it?

Back