÷ The Biggest LEMON ÷

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by Parnelli Bone, Sep 8, 2005.

?

Vote for the biggest Lemon today!

1. Aston Martin DB7

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Any Jaguar except XJ220

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Renault Clio 16v

13 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. Honda Life

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Toyota Prius

18 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Chrysler Phaeton

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  7. '95 Daihatsu Move CX

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Daihatsu Opti Club

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Daihatsu Midget

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  10. Fiat 500R

11 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Subaru 360

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  12. Ford Ka

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  13. Any Kei car not mentioned (please write your answer)

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  14. Any car not mentioned (again, share w/us your thoughts).

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. muffiny beast

muffiny beast

Your friend was probably in the S3 as well, a 4wd hatch that can keep up with Subaru Impreza's, hardly a slouch.

Yeah, that's what he was using. I didn't know it could keep up with the impreza though. Wow! I should be using it more often. :)

2. Nøz

Nøz

Ford Ka. it's a NIGHTMARE. I hate it & always will

3. muffiny beast

muffiny beast

Well, I guess this shows that different people like different cars. I really think its a good car. Its very lightweight, and when tuned, can deliver some decent power. If you learn how to drive it, it's really a very fun little car, especially on rallies. ;)

4. Jim Prower

Jim Prower Premium

THe Mitsubishi Galant, the front-drive, 4cyl ver.

you start with about 140hp. You end up about 30hp more. in a rather heavy car, that should be making north of 300hp.

5. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah, i forgot about this: you can't significantly upgrade a GAlant unless it's a VR4.

The Ka is GREAT for beginners. My very first playstation car was a Ford Ka, in Ford Racing (not Gran Turismo). Yeah it was slow, but it gives you plenty of time to approach corners correctly.

6. superberkut

superberkut

If cars were to be purchased to contend for the title, "Biggest Lemon in GT", I have to say most 500hp FF cars, due to heavy understeer (remember: the front wheels in an FF racer have to steer and drive the car at the same time) and such.

However, my vote goes to the MR-S Show Car Concept of 1999.

The "thing" can only be upgraded from 138hp to 182hp, and it has no redeeming values that put it above the actual MR-S. It cannot be modified, either. The only pro is that you obtain it for free, but that's even after a race. I mean, would YOU race, knowing a mediocre car waits behind that prize car curtain, ready to unleash itself to waste your money? Sheesh!

Anyways, enough ranting for me, that's my vote...

7. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah, you're right. I remember winning that car (the MR-S show concept) and being disappointed too. Also while we're bashing Toyotas, there's the Toyota Celica XYR concept car. Which looks delicious, but again it won't accept any more power than a regular '99 Celica! :tdown:

....in general, all the late-gen Celicas in GT2 kinda have things stacked against them...even the Mechanical version (the most powerful one) can only pack about 280 horses at max! :lol: Which sux because otherwise it is a fantastic-handling, low-drama machine. :indiff:

8. Orion

Orion (Banned)

I say the Renault Clio of course, as well as the RUF CTR2 Sport. I spent about 550,000Cr in total just for a 630HP car. :grumpy:

9. TheBook

TheBook Premium

There comes a point when you have so much money that you don't care anymore....but I agree with you on the Clio bring the worst. That and the DB7.

10. Orion

Orion (Banned)

Well I did the GT World League Championship with the Drag cars, and won every race. The thing some guys are forgetting is to put the most over-steering setup and brake early, because you ARE stopping a 1000HP+ drag car with small front tires. These cars can turn like a normal car, but just never spin out. You have to turn and burnout for maximum steering, you won't spin out, trust me. :)

Spring Rate: 4.0|20.0
    Ride height: 100|140
    Bound: 1|10
    Rebound: 2|10
    Camber: None necessary, more like optional.
    Toe: Optional.
    Stabilizers: 1/7

And remember, brake EARLY, just look at your speed. Just like the TVR Speed 12, the Speed 12 is actually great, but it gets turned down because of it's HP. It's so fast that people are not used to slowing down from these speeds, then they claim it can't turn.

11. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

wow those are some crazy settings...

12. Orion

Orion (Banned)

Try them on the Drag 180SX, they still won't oversteer, but it would turn more. :)

13. sucahyo

sucahyo

I use some crazy setting too to drift the HKS :). But why you use 4/20 spring rate? less grip on front tire or just to make the rear jump on bump?

14. Orion

Orion (Banned)

When you stiffen the rear, you will usually get more oversteer. The stiffer it is, the less grip it has, which is why it steers more, but what are your settings?

15. sucahyo

sucahyo

I see. This is how I set spring rate:
    If I want more understeer during braking or acceleration or change of direction, I increase front spring rate
    If I want more understeer NOT during braking or acceleration or change of direction, I reduce front spring rate.
    If I want more traction at front end during zero steering sideways, I increase front spring rate

HKS R33 drift setting.
    Tire: Sports/Simulation
    I bypass normal because normal tire actually has more grip than sports. I use camber and spring rate to reduce front tire grip a bit.

Suspension
    -Spring Rate: 2.0 / 8.0
    -Ride Height: 155/155
    -Bound: 10 / 10
    -Rebound: 10 / 10
    -Camber: 6.5 / 1.5
    -Toe: 0.00 / 0.20
    -Stabilizers: 7 / 1

16. toyota_gt1

toyota_gt1 (Banned)

i really can't get the right feel for the speed 12. if i take that thing on the last turn at red rock valley, diamond the corner (go in high, cut the car to the bottom and drive off) when up pick up the throttle, it just spins out.

17. sucahyo

sucahyo

Damper can be used to reduce that, reduce front rebound or increase rear bound. Using high final drive, some accel LSD value and high TCS also help a little.

My dissapointment for tuner model is Mugen road car. Mugen road car model have better engine sound but fully tuned performance is less than the original Honda car :tdown:.

18. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Really? That's so weird.

19. sucahyo

sucahyo

Well, Some model has an lower max hp than original Honda (Mugen Integra, Mugen Accord, Mugen Accord wagon). Also all of them do not have race modification which have lower weight and more downforce.

20. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah this is true and quite common. Seems many of the tuners wind up with less overall power...

21. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

the Fiat 500R for me..,

one of the cars in the game that are THE MOST UNDESERVING of your precious 10,000Cr at the beginning of your career in GT2.., :yuck:

22. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

i also noticed that.., i compared the normal Honda Civic Type R and the Mugen Civic Type R.., the normal has 190hp+ or something, while the Mugen only has 178hp.., that really sucks though, i am a huge fan of the Type R cars of Honda..,

23. Rafa

Rafa (Banned)

Fiat 500,the biigest lemon ever,it's not a lemon,IT'S A LEMON TREE!!!!:idea:

PS.I made the sedan race with Chrysler Phaetom:grumpy:

24. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

the Europa is not that bad.., in fact, it is fun to drive.., and the Esprit GT-1 is the same, if you want to drive a different race car..,

the Storm sucks when you drive it in stock.., but max it out, awesome acceleration.., needs work on the handling though..,

25. Rafa

Rafa (Banned)

I don't dislike TVR Speed 12 but if you have some patience it's a good car,if not
    it's a big ****

26. superberkut

superberkut

Well said, my friend.

27. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I don't think the Europa is a lemon..it's just one of those cars that takes a bit of mastery to learn how to control. My description of a lemon is any car that you can't do anything with; you can't win races with them, even after tuning... and i won plenty of races in Europas. :tup: But they're definately not for novice drivers, despite their light weight & lowish power.

I mean, ya...compare an Europa to a modern sports car and of course it seems sucky, but for its day (believe it or not) i think it was actually pretty decent...so long as you kept the speed below 120 mph :O

28. A.A.Z.

A.A.Z.

Then it seems that the biggest Lemon is a Phaeton :) And he doesn't have any "competitors" in its "lemoness" at all.

29. Rafa

Rafa (Banned)

Phaeton is a big Nautilus but a still a byte lemon(trangenic lemon,it's a best name)

30. bugatti

bugatti (Banned)

It is a big lemon but Fiat 500R is more,10.000cr for a bunch of cr@p:ouch: