‘Never Before Seen’ Version of GT Sport at 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours This Weekend

Yea, it's like 1000 people out of 7 billion.

I've sent a friend there, after i asked him how it was, he said "i couldn't care less". I dont blame him...

LOL.

In the grand scheme of things... yeah, you're at a Nurburgring event - but please play this video game that has a crazy line that will take a long wait to play. :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of a Washington DC auto show I went to that had a section where you could drive a Jeep Wrangler through a 2 minute FIXED course, but had to wait in line for over an hour... versus exploring all those beautiful cars that you can sit in and learn about with no more than a 2-3 minute wait.

This one on the TV screnn seems to be the SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
View attachment 649073
Ooh! A VGT with a cockpit, unlike the Peugeot VGT.*

*I'm a GTS tester

I'm going there tomorrow, if it's not busy for simulator I'm going to race,
I do not have beta so I can not wait to see me first
Stand by for disappointment.

Showing off a more recent build is becoming a marketingtool as well? I simply can't wrap my head around their logic. I wonder at what stage we actually are: promoting or damage control?

Damage control for certain, GTS is a strange one: wants to be a hardcore Competitive Motorsport simulator yet wants to be accessible. Only thing going for it is its name, then people will play and most probably never play again/refund/trade this will be a 4-wheeled "No Man's Sky" unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

please let us see rain or night racing at nurburgring 24H :dopey:
Ideally you'd want the nurburgring 24 at the nurburgring 24. No compromises!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh! A VGT with a cockpit, unlike the Peugeot VGT.*

*I'm a GTS tester

Stand by for disappointment.

Damage control for certain, GTS is a strange one: wants to be a hardcore Competitive Motorsport simulator yet wants to be accessible. Only thing going for it is its name, then people will play and most probably never play again/refund/trade this will be a 4-wheeled "No Man's Sky" unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

Ideally you'd want the nurburgring 24 at the nurburgring 24. No compromises!
Double double post :lol:

Also, anyone here currently at/planning to attend N24 with a camcorder? I'd love to see the latest build in action. :cheers:

@iucidium
Alright buddy, if you're going to go through the trouble of making an account (complete with anti-Obama avatar) just to spew criticism, you can at least learn how to multi-quote first.

Okie doke! I'll also change the old avatar too (it's verrrrrry old)

Last edited:

No, they don't want to be "hardcore" simulation. Kaz already stated that in an interview. Unless it's super buggy and their server aren't working at all, that's the only way I can see this being compared with No man sky.

No, they don't want to be "hardcore" simulation. Kaz already stated that in an interview. Unless it's super buggy and their server aren't working at all, that's the only way I can see this being compared with No man sky.
My comparison was more so towards expectation Vs reality, promising the world and eventually paring back the vision etc. Good morning to you!

My comparison was more so towards expectation Vs reality, promising the world and eventually paring back the vision etc.

That could apply to something like GT6, but GTS seems to be a fairly conservative and achievable game. They've been pretty straight up about it so far. That may change, but at the moment I don't see this going like NMS at all. There's nothing in GTS that is particularly revolutionary or far fetched.

It may turn out to be a buggy mess, but it's not looking too bad judging by the beta at the moment. And they've already delayed it a year, so if it's buggy and incomplete after that then frankly I hope they get the response that they deserve.

My comparison was more so towards expectation Vs reality, promising the world and eventually paring back the vision etc. Good morning to you!

I think most people already know what to expect from the game. If they are expecting GT7 with lots of content then you are right.

Also, it's really hard to get it folded up again to fit in the box. It'd be easy to use the "stuff it in like a sleeping bag" method, but that's a bit unprofessional.

Actually there is a rumour that Nurburgring was secretly build in parts and connected with plug underneath, just like Hot Wheels track. This technique were considered as advanced engineering at that time, make it possible to move the whole track, but unfortunately the engineers finally realized it will take entire lifetime until it moved completely to the new location. It is still unknown if this is true or not because no one have courage to go below the track surface because there is also a myth if someone goes underground they will get cursed losing their ears (got it? ;))

As the result, the rumour is completely disappeared and never being heard again...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit : Found short video related to the event. Not new stuff, but the R8 simulator sure looks interesting...

Last edited:
Actually there is a rumour that Nurburgring was secretly build in parts and connected with plug underneath, just like Hot Wheels track. This technique were considered as advanced engineering at that time, make it possible to move the whole track, but unfortunately the engineers finally realized it will take entire lifetime until it moved completely to the new location. It is still unknown if this is true or not because no one have courage to go below the track surface because there is also a myth if someone goes underground they will get cursed losing their ears (got it? ;))

As the result, the rumour is completely disappeared and never being heard again...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit : Found short video related to the event. Not new stuff, but the R8 simulator sure looks interesting...

Million dollar simulator...still can't drive:lol:

What track is that though?
Brands.

I think people are misinterpreting the quote "Never before seen".

The aspect of this demonstration that was "never before seen" was the R8 simulator.

HAHA really? thanks for fixing PD's statement. Was there a language interpretation problem with the media release? Must have been, I will join the bandwagon and apologize on PD's behave

The aspect of this demonstration that was "never before seen" was the R8 simulator.

Well, except the German PS blog said the gaming pods would feature a "never-before-seen" versions of the game. So that doesn't really work.

Nevertheless, I personally didn't expect any major reveals. E3's simply too close.

So the R8 simulator is a never before seen version of the game? Do you think that's what an average person would intepret as a "version of the game"? I don't.

HAHA really? thanks for fixing PD's statement. Was there a language interpretation problem with the media release? Must have been, I will join the bandwagon and apologize on PD's behave

I'm not trying to fix anyone's statement. I interpret that quote as the R8 Simulator, and I stand by my opinion.

So the R8 simulator is a never before seen version of the game? Do you think that's what an average person would intepret as a "version of the game"? I don't.

It's a translation from a German blog, "Version" should not be taken so literally if it was translated from a foreign blog post.

Edit: Did some research, "Version" translated from German could also mean edition.

Last edited:
Back