‘Never Before Seen’ Version of GT Sport at 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours This Weekend

I'm not trying to fix anyone's statement. I interpret that quote as the R8 Simulator, and I stand by my opinion.
If you are changing the wording of their statement I'm not sure what else you can call it. Your time would be better spent showing what is NEW.

I'm not trying to fix anyone's statement. I interpret that quote as the R8 Simulator, and I stand by my opinion.

It's a translation from a German blog, "Version" should not be taken so literally if it was translated from a foreign blog post.

Edit: Did some research, "Version" translated from German could also mean edition.
Not sure if version vs. edition is going to make any difference really.

I'm sure this "new version" definitely doesn't have any new features and probably doesn't have any new tracks, but it can have few new cars. Same thing happened in Geneva, we didn't know there is something new until a single video came out and revealed 4-5 new cars (GT-R LM, 458 Italia, Veyron, etc).

Ok, even if this "new version" stuff is to be taken at face value, the words spoken didn't come from PD, but from a social media team from PlayStation Germany. Remember when PlayStation South Africa was touting about release dates?

https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-south-africa-is-saying-strange-things-about-gt-sport/

What social media states doesn't always reflect the path PD chooses for these shows, so enough "You lied to me Kaz!!!" because PD never said anything about a new version directly.

Last edited:
Ok, even if this "new version" stuff is to be taken at face value, the words spoken didn't come from PD, but from a social media team from PlayStation Germany. Remember when PlayStation South Africa was touting about release dates?

https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-south-africa-is-saying-strange-things-about-gt-sport/

What social media states doesn't always reflect the path PD chooses for these shows, so enough "You lied to me Kaz!!!" because PD never said anything about a new version directly.
You really should feel dirty and needing a show after this writing. Talk about reaching.

Well, there's a bit of a difference between random Sony floor folk at a gaming convention, and the official PlayStation blog. The blog is where Kazunori originally announced the GT Sport delay, remember. Where do you suppose the blog got the information?

That said, anybody reasonably well-versed in marketing speak knows "never-before-seen" can mean just about anything. If there's been any changes to the game since the last big public showing (Geneva, IIRC), and the game is running a new version, then that's that box ticked. It doesn't even have to look different to qualify as a new version.

...then again, nobody has said "you lied to me Kaz", so I'm not sure what you're swinging at. Those that had any expectations of big reveals here have only themselves to blame.

Well, there's a bit of a difference between random Sony floor folk at a gaming convention, and the official PlayStation blog. The blog is where Kazunori originally announced the GT Sport delay, remember. Where do you suppose the blog got the information?

That said, anybody reasonably well-versed in marketing speak knows "never-before-seen" can mean just about anything. If there's been any changes to the game since the last big public showing (Geneva, IIRC), and the game is running a new version, then that's that box ticked. It doesn't even have to look different to qualify as a new version.

...then again, nobody has said "you lied to me Kaz", so I'm not sure what you're swinging at. Those that had any expectations of big reveals here have only themselves to blame.
I agree with you on the marketing caught 22 that all you need is a slight difference, but my point I have not seen a difference. If marketing is playing this off on a play on words then it is an insult to loyal fans.

Alright then, by that logic.

Cars from Geneva now playable at Nurb 24, bam, new version.

As a long-time fan of GT, I remember these forums before Gran Turismo Sport. The GT community used to be so lively with great people, then this entire subsection of GTPlanet had to go drown in a cesspool of it's own toxicity. It's no longer enjoyable to discuss anything GT-related on the world's #1 GT fansite.

It's like being negative around here is a game now, talk some trash and fish for likes. People will come and light yer' post up green in seconds. I suppose I'll go stick to "Cars in General" from now on.

Indeed looking through my 'marketing glasses' I also would say this is the new version showed to the public (and we're just the chosen few who had the privilege to play the closed beta). Another possibility is the unique Audi R8 rig in combination with GT Sport as explained by 'never seen before sim'. That was picked up by other media and separated in two different facts and copy/pasted over and over --> New version of GT Sport and Audi motion simulator.

But with marketing you never will know the real thruth ;)

As a long-time fan of GT, I remember these forums before Gran Turismo Sport. The GT community used to be so lively with great people, then this entire subsection of GTPlanet had to go drown in a cesspool of it's own toxicity. It's no longer enjoyable to discuss anything GT-related on the world's #1 GT fansite.

It's like being negative around here is a game now, talk some trash and fish for likes. People will come and light yer' post up green in seconds. I suppose I'll go stick to "Cars in General" from now on.

ok see you around

A discussion means PROS and CONS FYI.

Before Gran Turismo Sport? Brah, I joined when GT6 was released (because GT6 released actually) and it was pretty damn negative. And looking at old threads **** was pretty negative at GT5 release as well.

I'm guessing the negativity began about 8 years ago between GT5P and GT5 or at GT5 release around 7 years ago.

Last edited:
Many seem to have awfully idealistic view of marketing. Its all about selling image.

Listener/Interpretter has most of the responsibility.. :lol:

I'm guessing the negativity began about 8 years ago between GT5P and GT5 or at GT5 release around 7 years ago.

After GT5 release. GT5P was very well received despite it's size. People were disappointed at the long wait afterwards, but the general tone seemed to be that it would be worth it.

It kind of wasn't. GT5 at launch was buggy as a flea circus, full of some terrible design flaws and the standard cars turned out to be the direct ports that everyone hoped that they wouldn't be. By the time GT5 got to Spec 2 it was actually a pretty good game, but waiting five years for GT5 1.01 shifted a lot of people from staunch believers that Polyphony would always take the time to get it right to Polyphony pessimists.

GT6 didn't give them much reason to change. GTS might give them reason to change, but it's not out yet and the beta is somewhat ambiguous. There's too many major features missing to make a serious judgement.

I know a lot of people still don't have access to the beta. Don't worry though GTS seems to be the step up that people were looking for from Polyphony. Having played every GT extensively I can tell you that it feels like they are moving in the right direction. Gran Turismo will never be an ultra hard core racing sim, but I do feel as though the former magic is back. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that either.

Bad sounds

not great - but wouldnt go saying plain "bad"

bad visual damage

its beta - and from my opinion the need for visual damage in an online racing game is debatable. Knowing theres very different opinions.

no mechanical damage

its beta

bad game design

where? for a beta of a racing game.. ?

focusing on features no one asked for

Not true - focusing on features not everyone wants is closer.

taking almost 4 years to launch a game

so damn sad truth...:guilty::lol:

cutting content/features in order to make it look pretty, you know, the usual stuff with PD.

Yes - PD never tried to push too much content to a game.. or was it the opposite.. :lol: but yes it is pretty - in a postcardish way. There are moments I think Assetto Corsa looks better from the cockpit - but then i start the replay.. :crazy:

And yes the slot car traction off track and the "catch me before i fall" -feature does water it down a bit for me..

Just my opinions here - dont let it rub you the wrong way. :lol:👍

Back