‘Never Before Seen’ Version of GT Sport at 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours This Weekend

not great - but wouldnt go saying plain "bad"
Let's put it another way. I think they are the worst of the entire genre at the moment. I'm quite certain I'm not alone. There isn't a single game from this generation I would swap GT's sound package into and call it an improvement.
Why do people think being a beta is an excuse?
From Wikipedia: "Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs."
Not everything has been unlocked, but the game is pretty much what we have already seen.
Probably for the same reason you see people posting that there might still be a large offline career or that there may be much more to the game than what PD has stated so far. Gives them hope that's the unknown future is somehow better than the vision they've been given of the game so far. Plus it's a convenient excuse for everything that's not quite up to industry standard. I'm still waiting for someone to go into a long winded discussion about how "beta" means something different in Japanese or to PD and that we've had it all wrong and it's actually a demo. :sly:

that makes it unknown as we dont actually know what is locked and what not - in detail.
They have already announced at Copper Box what features the game will have, so we already know how the game will be at launch.

Let's put it another way. I think they are the worst of the entire genre at the moment. I'm quite certain I'm not alone. There isn't a single game from this generation I would swap GT's sound package into and call it an improvement.
Probably for the same reason you see people posting that there might still be a large offline career or that there may be much more to the game than what PD has stated so far. Gives them hope that's the unknown future is somehow better than the vision they've been given of the game so far. Plus it's a convenient excuse for everything that's not quite up to industry standard. I'm still waiting for someone to go into a long winded discussion about how "beta" means something different in Japanese or to PD and that we've had it all wrong and it's actually a demo. :sly:
Johnny - i kind of expected you to reply.. :lol:

not great - but wouldnt go saying plain "bad"

its beta - and from my opinion the need for visual damage in an online racing game is debatable. Knowing theres very different opinions.

its beta

where? for a beta of a racing game.. ?

Not true - focusing on features not everyone wants is closer.

so damn sad truth...:guilty::lol:

Yes - PD never tried to push too much content to a game.. or was it the opposite.. :lol: but yes it is pretty - in a postcardish way. There are moments I think Assetto Corsa looks better from the cockpit - but then i start the replay.. :crazy:

And yes the slot car traction off track and the "catch me before i fall" -feature does water it down a bit for me..

Just my opinions here - dont let it rub you the wrong way. :lol:👍

The purpose of the beta is to test the infrastructure and the SR/DR system.

Eh GT6 was 3 years after GT5 so it is not really a big issue for the delay. IMO
Yea both on the PS3. The PS4 is approaching 4 years and they are releasing something equal to Forza 5, a game GT fans slated for it's quantity of content. Now Forza 7 is approaching too. It kind of is an issue for the objective GT fan as it shows PDI have still not pulled their finger out.

But it took them 5 years to complete the game and add everything that was promised.
And when they did add everything ( not quite everything ) it was not as expected ( course maker needing a tablet) or many people had deserted the game making communities redundant to me when it did come out.

The fact some are making themselves believe PDI are going to possibly release more features than what they're showing tells me that deep down they know PDI are really lacking.

Last edited:
The PS4 is approaching 4 years and they are releasing something equal to Forza 5, a game GT fans slated for it's quantity of content. Now Forza 7 is approaching too. It kind of is an issue for the objective GT fan as it shows PDI have still not pulled their finger out.

True. Even i went to Forza for a while and have really thought of getting xbox one + horizon for quite a few times. Was expecting GT for PS4 at launch or soon after, but we know how that went. I think GT has too much competition to be clear #1, but casual players and new to ps4 players may very well make it still a great success. All of my opinions are based on what is adequate for me. Of course i will take more, but im not expecting wonders. As so many other, i get that certain feel from GT. Its not realism, its more of an entertaining community experience. Hence my lack of interest towards offline features.

it was not as expected ( course maker needing a tablet)

I see why the criticism towards the gt6 course maker(not just you) . It just makes me always think is there a better one on consoles? If not - it is still the only one working so i would appreciate that.

Having played the beta I can say for myself that GT Sport is not what I was looking for from PD. They've been keeping repeating the same mistakes from the past for too long.

What would you rather us do then? Buy a racing sim with better physics and sound, but have those two aspects be the only selling point of the game?

Seriously, people need to stop parading AC and Project CARS around the GTS forums pretending like they're leagues above Gran Turismo, because they aren't.

I agree with you on the marketing caught 22 that all you need is a slight difference, but my point I have not seen a difference. If marketing is playing this off on a play on words then it is an insult to loyal fans.

It isn't an insult to anybody: if the version at the N24 has never been playable at any other outing, regardless of what we can or can't see that's new/different, the "never-before-seen" tag is accurate.

Alright then, by that logic.

Cars from Geneva now playable at Nurb 24, bam, new version.

Now you're thinking like a marketer! :D

As a long-time fan of GT, I remember these forums before Gran Turismo Sport. The GT community used to be so lively with great people, then this entire subsection of GTPlanet had to go drown in a cesspool of it's own toxicity. It's no longer enjoyable to discuss anything GT-related on the world's #1 GT fansite.

It's like being negative around here is a game now, talk some trash and fish for likes. People will come and light yer' post up green in seconds. I suppose I'll go stick to "Cars in General" from now on.

:rolleyes:

People have been saying this same thing since GT3 days.

Indeed looking through my 'marketing glasses' I also would say this is the new version showed to the public (and we're just the chosen few who had the privilege to play the closed beta). Another possibility is the unique Audi R8 rig in combination with GT Sport as explained by 'never seen before sim'. That was picked up by other media and separated in two different facts and copy/pasted over and over --> New version of GT Sport and Audi motion simulator.

But with marketing you never will know the real thruth ;)

Eh, the original post on the PlayStation blog specifically mentioned the gaming pods featuring the "new" version of the game. The R8 simulator was a separate point.

I do wonder how that is an experience: I remember Subaru bringing 'round a much simpler moving pod way back in the day, using GT3 and a rally stage. As a teen, that was sensory overload.

Some guys here need to cool off. So much negativity. Wow. I watched N24 all weekend... of course i wanted to jump straight at my G29 after this. I planed playing AC, but i went with GT Sport. Loved it.

Seriously, people need to stop parading AC and Project CARS around the GTS forums pretending like they're leagues above Gran Turismo, because they aren't.
Why do we have to stop if we believe it to be true and aren't afraid to support our thoughts to the best of our ability with opinion and/or facts? If you disagree you can counter punch or should we stop you from doing that as well?

Why do we have to stop if we believe it to be true and aren't afraid to support our thoughts to the best of our ability with opinion and/or facts? If you disagree you can counter punch or should we stop you from doing that as well?

I think these games can be compared, but they are not quite similar. AC is way out there in the hc sim sector, GTS is the casual pretty entertainer racer, and Pcars is somewhere in between.. Closer to AC. Its like comparing racecar vs supercar vs convertible sportscar.

For a note I really wouldnt mind if GTS would get rid of the whole "the real driving simulator" as it hasnt been that compared to competition for years now.

I might add i enjoy all 3 alike. I rather keep gt as my social racer and AC as my S&M sim entertainment.. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm surprised there is so much bitterness over this “new“ version. What did you expect? Many people here have the pleasure to play the beta everyday since so many weeks... if Polyphony wants to show off something new, they would propably do this via beta. That aside... two weeks from now is E3.

I expect great news for GT Sport, a final release date and maybe an open beta. In the end, this will be a fine game. It wont do everything the way we might like, but this will be a great looking, accessible e-sport title, the i racing for the masses. It will work out well for Sony.

Well i think if we dont see some sort of final product on e3 we have or a big problem with the 2017 release........ i mean still no build with skitmarks. i will buy it but dissepointed with 40% of the game if its stays like this.

I'm not the one telling people to stop comparing GT Sport with other racing games I've never brought up to begin with.

Exactly. You're the one telling people that they shouldn't tell other people how they should feel. And that is why I asked you how you feel about that self-appointed representative of all loyal fans who claimed not only that they are insulted but also that they are fine with being insulted.

Are you fine with that? If so, is it because you happen to agree with his opinion or do you have some other reason for it?

Well i think if we dont see some sort of final product on e3 we have or a big problem with the 2017 release........ i mean still no build with skitmarks. i will buy it but dissepointed with 40% of the game if its stays like this.
Well this makes sense considering GTS is 40% of a game as it is know

What are your complains about he game, mate? What do you think they can do to improve the experience?

Somehow this unreleased "40% of a game" has about as much content as Assetto Corsa before DLC.
AC does have a sublime handling model however. And combined with it's excellent ffb that more than makes up for the lack of content. So for those who are looking for a great (realistic) driving experience AC is king on console. If it's the best looking racer on console that your looking for then GTS will probably tick that box. Although PCars 2 may give it a run for it's money.

Last edited:
Exactly. You're the one telling people that they shouldn't tell other people how they should feel. And that is why I asked you how you feel about that self-appointed representative of all loyal fans who claimed not only that they are insulted but also that they are fine with being insulted.

Are you fine with that? If so, is it because you happen to agree with his opinion or do you have some other reason for it?
If they're fine with being insulted, good for them. Just don't call these people true fans because they're not.

Back