‘Never Before Seen’ Version of GT Sport at 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours This Weekend

Ugh.

Instead of folks whining about how others don't share their opinions — and going so far as to tell these people to stop posting these differing opinions — this thread can go back to actually being about GT Sport.

News flash: GT Sport can (and will) be compared to contemporary racing titles.
News flash: Some folks will compare it favourably.
News flash: Some folks won't.
News flash: And that's okay.

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled program.

So for those who are looking for a great driving experience AC is king on console.

Better make that "realistic driving experience".. As" great" can be so many different things. Put a casual gamer to play AC and the first word wont be "great".. :lol:

What are your complains about he game, mate? What do you think they can do to improve the experience?

Rain, skitmarks, more cars/makes tracks some sort of singleplayer. Just a finished game that if they want to release this year they have to show more then what we have in the beta now. I hope they helt allot back for us....

Rain, skitmarks, more cars/makes tracks some sort of singleplayer. Just a finished game that if they want to release this year they have to show more then what we have in the beta now. I hope they helt allot back for us....

I do believe we will get a skidmark in the full game, not sure about the rain though. They are planning on adding more cars throughout its lifecycle, maybe they will add a single player expansion too. My biggest complain about PD is the lack of communication. Hopefully we get info before E3.

Ugh.

Instead of folks whining about how others don't share their opinions — and going so far as to tell these people to stop posting these differing opinions — this thread can go back to actually being about GT Sport.

News flash: GT Sport can (and will) be compared to contemporary racing titles.
News flash: Some folks will compare it favourably.
News flash: Some folks won't.
News flash: And that's okay.

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled program.

Yeah, real subtle.

Isn't trolling against the AUP? Some "critics" around here sometimes post nothing more than "ooh, typical PD! Insert meme here, Insert smug emoji here".

Of corse, if a person challenges their post, expect them to be labeled as a "Fanboy" and watch as people (equally fanboyish in their own right) proceed to bash and multi-quote them until the dead horse wheezes.

How dare anyone attempt to defend PD on a website about Gran Turismo! These people coming from other subforums and spending more time criticizing the game here than discussing their own game need to learn there's room in the world for more than just their master race wheel sims.

I do believe we will get a skidmark in the full game, not sure about the rain though. .

Rain could be there as there is rain tires in beta, but dynamic weather i guess has been confirmed to not be included. (?)

Yeah, real subtle.

Isn't trolling against the AUP? Some "critics" around here sometimes post nothing more than "ooh, typical PD! Insert meme here, Insert smug emoji here".

Of corse, if a person challenges their post, expect them to be labeled as a "Fanboy" and watch as people (equally fanboyish in their own right) proceed to bash and multi-quote them until the dead horse wheezes.

How dare anyone attempt to defend PD on a website about Gran Turismo! These people coming from other subforums and spending more time criticizing the game here than discussing their own game need to learn there's room in the world for more than just their master race wheel sims.
You really need to understand what a discussion forum is? The echo chamber is that way.

How do you know that those of us who criticise GT are not bigger fans of the franchise than you? And defend away, just try not to do it blindly ;)

And if you think someone is trolling, report it. Moderation around here is excellent.

Well this makes sense considering GTS is 40% of a game as it is know

What tool are you using to measure it? I'm genuinely curious — I had no idea games could be measured this way.

Yeah, real subtle.

Dude, you're tilting at windmills here.

If you truly believe people are trolling, report it. I'll warn you now, that if it's no more than somebody saying they prefer a certain game or certain feature from said game, it won't be treated as an AUP violation. Because it isn't one.

This is a website about a lot more than Gran Turismo. Unless you're tracking every member's time spent being critical in here and comparing it to the time spent on "their own game" — which we'll discuss later — you're just drawing a strawman. And if you are keeping track, well... that's worrying.

"Their own game" is telling: this us versus them mentality does nobody any favours. You're not "defending" anything: you're asking that those with dissenting opinions cease posting them. That isn't — nor will it ever be — what this site is about.

Now, apparently I have to repeat myself: back on the subject of GT Sport.

Last edited:
no videos of the new build yet?
It is a surprise that we haven't had many reports or videos from the 24hr race.

However, with E3 just around the corner we've only got a few weeks to wait until we should get a lot more info and please, please, please a release date!

An article on GTSport and an article with Kaz. As expected, nothing new.

http://www.gamescom.de/redaktionell...6/gamescomAKTUELL/GCA_2017_Mai_NEU_iKiosk.pdf

There's a part where translated into English it reads like the thing I have in my signature. The "section learner" thing.

PAGE 11 of the PDF

Im Abschnitt „Streckenerfahrung” lassen sich die 19enthaltenen Rennstrecken abschnitts-
weise umrunden. Hier kann man jede Kurve und jede Schikane so lange absolvieren, bis man sie perfekt durch-quert.

Which is more or less:

"In the section "Track experience", the 19 included circuits can be circulated in sections. Here you can complete every curve and every chicane until you get it through perfectly." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's HUGE ! :gtpflag:

Mind you I don't take credit but it would be super cool if my thread pushed them to do it.

Last edited:
There's a part where translated into English it reads like the thing I have in my signature. The "section learner" thing.

PAGE 11 of the PDF

Im Abschnitt „Streckenerfahrung” lassen sich die 19enthaltenen Rennstrecken abschnitts-
weise umrunden. Hier kann man jede Kurve und jede Schikane so lange absolvieren, bis man sie perfekt durch-quert.

Which is more or less:

"In the section "Track experience", the 19 included circuits can be circulated in sections. Here you can complete every curve and every chicane until you get it through perfectly." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mind you I don't take credit but it would be super cool if my thread pushed them to do it.
Love that concept. I wish every game did that. It would save so much time if I could practice the sectors or corners I struggle on instead of having to complete full laps

PAGE 11 of the PDF

Which is more or less:

Is that means you are not allowed to enter Sport Mode/online competition yet before you pass and graduate from Track Experience test? Just like racing academy where you have to learn the basics first before entering professional racing career? That would be nice effort to make clean online races if it is true imo 👍

Last edited:
New version of GT Sport and Audi motion simulator.

The R8 simulator was a separate point.

Is there video footage of this motion simulator in action?
What if GTS is having full API for motion simulators, not only for custom tailored special versions on convention demo proposes?
Maybe biggest thing was that motion simulator thing, GTS transmitting wide range UDP telemetry data from day one, i.e. also making external dash apps possible?

Rain could be there as there is rain tires in beta, but dynamic weather i guess has been confirmed to not be included. (?)

I have something to add to dynamic weather, and i hope i am not pouring gas on fire with this one.

If you actually play quite a while on GTS, especially on a circuit where it's nearly dawn, you will notice the car lights turning on. This may be just one of the features they forgot to disable.

IMO, that means "timing wise", dynamic weather is there, just disabled.

PAGE 11 of the PDF

Which is more or less:

That's fantastic.

What if GTS is having full API for motion simulators, not only for custom tailored special versions on convention demo proposes?
Maybe biggest thing was that motion simulator thing, GTS transmitting wide range UDP telemetry data from day one, i.e. also making external dash apps possible?
I would be very happy if this was possible.

I (also) searched the world wide web but no single hit of the simulator in full motion :boggled:
It looks like you had to turn off your smartphone before entering the queue for the simulator?

PAGE 11 of the PDF

Which is more or less:

Huge? They did that with the 'Ring in GT5. Hardly new.

The campaign has more than 100 tasks
Ready for you. This includes
Normal placement races, but also
Drift or slalom events.
page 11 (gamescom magazine)
original:
Die Kampagne hält mehr als 100 Aufgaben
für euch bereit. Dazu gehören
normale Platzierungsrennen, aber auch
Drift- oder Slalom-Events.

So maybe there are normal races in campaign mode.

In GT5, it wasn't a feature, it was only a special event and the only cars you were allowed to use were the Mercedes gullwing cars.

So far, I don't know of any other racing game where you can use this feature with any car on any track.

Hey! Looks like we found the new feature after all and that entire two day argument was completely pointless!

You could pick specific sections of the 'Ring and Fujimi Kaido in the 360-era Forza games. Though, calling it the 'Ring would be a little generous, really...

So... it's a bit like rewind (which allows you to re-do a particular series of corners as many times as you want), but with less inherent control on the player's behalf? Was this new feature available in the build?

It'll be a great feature for longer tracks like the 'Ring, where people may want to practice the post-Karussell portion of the track. The main criticism I have about rewind as a training feature is that it's usually only limited to the last few corners. So being able to pick specific sections to start from has its advantages, but I think ideally, both a sector selector and rewind together would aid training more than either would separately.

In GT5, it wasn't a feature, it was only a special event and the only cars you were allowed to use were the Mercedes gullwing cars.

So far, I don't know of any other racing game where you can use this feature with any car on any track.

Hey! Looks like we found the new feature after all and that entire two day argument was completely pointless!
It's pretty much the only track that needs that. Any other can be learned quicky.

It's pretty much the only track that needs that. Any other can be learned quicky.
Personally, I could use it on a lot of tracks. On most tracks I have one or two corners that I just can't nail consistently and having to go through 1:30 of driving just to see that corner once really puts a damper on practice. Being able to isolate a corner or two for practice (and tuning) would be beneficial to me but, of course, I may be alone in that. :sly:

You could pick specific sections of the 'Ring and Fujimi Kaido in the 360-era Forza games.

At least one of the two NFS Shift games had 3 separate sections of the ring in both the Career and Quick race sections, where the game would judge the corners taken with a checkmark.

Not saying it's the same feature by any standard, just giving an example from memory.

Cheers

The campaign has more than 100 tasks
Ready for you. This includes
Normal placement races, but also
Drift or slalom events.
page 11 (gamescom magazine)
original:
Die Kampagne hält mehr als 100 Aufgaben
für euch bereit. Dazu gehören
normale Platzierungsrennen, aber auch
Drift- oder Slalom-Events.

So maybe there are normal races in campaign mode.

Drift and Slalom Events? sign me up.

Back